Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN (12218 Views)

81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC / 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation / 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by Adesiji77: 11:52am On Mar 05, 2016
A positive news from the State of Osun cool

The authority of Osun State University has disclosed that 51 students will graduate with first class in the combined 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 academic sections’ convocation coming up next week.

The University has also said it would graduate 3164 students from six Colleges of the institution for the two graduating set.

The Acting Vice-Chancellor, Prof Oguntola Jelil-Alamu, disclosed this during the press conference organised as part of activities marking the fourth and fifth convocation in Osogbo, yesterday.

Prof Alamu who was excited by the number of students who graduated with first class in the university also expressed happiness over the performance of the graduates of the institution, saying they were already making them proud.

He noted that First class products of the institution had been completing their postgraduate programmes with distinction in foreign Universities.

According to the VC, in 2015, Olojido Oluwatoyin Esther bagged distinction in M.Sc. Accounting and Finance from University of Leeds, while Odesanmi Oluwatosin Racheal also came back with distinction in M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry from Loughborough University, stressing that the testimony was a fulfilment of the global competitiveness of their graduates, enshrined in the vision of the University.

While commenting on smooth and peaceful academic atmosphere in the institution, Prof Alamu said there was no record of violence which might have led to the clog in the wheel of the academic programme of the University.

The VC further said that the University had successfully completed 2014/2015 academic section promptly without any form of interruption in the academic calendar, saying “the stable academic calender had aided the pioneer graduates from the College of Law into the Nigeria Law School in October, 2015.”

While laying emphasis on the need for the graduates to be independent, Prof Alamu hinted that most of the graduates had been trained in various entrepreneurial skills.

Prof Aremu said in a bid to ensure that their graduates were independent, they had trained most of graduates and they would be collecting two certificate by end of the ceremony, the Bachelors’ degree Certificate and entrepreneurship skill set certificate.

Commenting on the quality of the teachers at the University, VC said the institution had very qualified lecturers which had tremendously improved the quality of the faculty and translated to globally competitive graduates from the university.

“Within the last of year, 29 academic staff bagged PhD degree from Nigeria, South Africa, Malaysia and United Kingdom”.

This University has another set of 29 academic staff currently at advance stage of their Ph.D programme in New Zealand, Australia, Germany among others.

He therefore vowed that the University would continue to sustain its reputation which according to him established to promote academic and moral standard.

The activities lined up for the convocation was the commissioning of the Central Research Laboratory by the Visitor to the University, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.

The final convocation ceremonies will hold on 8th and 9th March, 2016 with the convocation lecture title “Sustained Tertiary. Education in Post-Oil Nigeria” to be delivered by Prof. Michael O. Faborode. While investiture of Chancellor and Award of First Degree (2014/2015 graduating set on March 9.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/03/05/51-bag-first-class-in-uniosun/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by Twill92: 12:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
I wish them success in Job hunt... I Have seen people from that school making waves academically.

Dedicate this FTC to UNIOSUNites, including this young lady below me.

2 Likes

Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by Aminat508(f): 2:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
Proudly Uniosunite cheesy kiss

13 Likes

Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 05, 2016
Nigerians are so intelligent cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by winta2007(m): 2:57pm On Mar 05, 2016
kk
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by gen2briz(m): 2:57pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ipinle omoluabi
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by chimchim1(m): 2:57pm On Mar 05, 2016
goog news everywhere u go
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by kachnov(m): 2:57pm On Mar 05, 2016
Good one,all these brains should be put to good use.

Visit my signature
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by PassingShot(m): 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
This one is very questionable.

4 Likes

Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by Dollyak(f): 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
Welldone to all the First class gradates. Welcome to the First class club.
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by Dottore: 2:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
I was wondering why many tertiary institutions in Nigeria keep dishing out first class and high grades these days now that general reading culture has fallen to an all time low. I came to understand that malpractice has gone to a digital level. students can easily 'Google' their way through many exam queations
The resultant effect is that graduates actually come out with high grades yet become more unemployable.

Many teenagers make good grades in WAEC and NECO whereas they can hardly read and write.
I know graduates that have 2-1 but they can hardly make a correct sentence in English language.

I was on a call session with a Lady I met in a postgraduate class when suddenly the call dropped. I called her back moments later and she answered. When I asked her what happened the previous time she responded "pls sorry I cutted the call because my mom's call want to enter". This happened months ago but that statement still ring like a bell in my ears.

The educational system has so much degenerated that standard six holders of yesteryears are more educated than today's many Masters Degree holders.
God help us as our schools keep churning out more illiterate graduates.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by ThePeacemaker(m): 3:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
NICE ONE

BUH ALL OF EM COMBINED NO STILL REACH
AYODELE DANIEL 5.0CGPA

OVER-FIRST CLASSS grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by Dubemkelly(m): 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
Osun State bawo!!! They Need To Write An Apititude Test To Validate Their Claims.

6 Likes

Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
end time result of sorting / sleeping around with lecturers

that awkward moment you attend a job interview and others are in a hall n you as a first class material is being picked up and moved to a single room with ac n executive seat..

your case will be like that of bubu who couldn't find his certificate.

secondly, I only respect those that can graduate with first class in professional courses not when you read sociology or philosophy your making noise ......

iranu abacha.

3 Likes

Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
1st class..
thank u Jesus
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by ThePeacemaker(m): 3:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
alanposh:

NA YOU KNOW THAT ONE OOOH

2 Likes

Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by tintedniggz(m): 3:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
Dollyak:
Welldone to all the First class gradates. Welcome to the First class club.
No membership fee?

1 Like

Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by 9jatatafo(m): 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
Goodnews freeze now has more people to solicit help for.
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by Omololu007(m): 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2016
thats nice
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by ebhohimimen(m): 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2016
The 1st class na for free? I trust AAU
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by Mosunbabe(f): 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2016
Proudly UNIOSUNITE!

4 Likes

Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by igwegeorgiano(m): 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2016
alanposh:

that awkward moment you attend a job interview and others are in a hall n you as a first class material is being picked up and moved to a single room with ac n executive seat..

your case will be like that of bubu who couldn't find his certificate.

secondly, I only respect those that can graduate with first class in professional courses not when you read sociology or philosophy your making noise ......

iranu abacha.
nna i concur
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by igwegeorgiano(m): 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
9jatatafo:
Goodnews freeze now has more people to solicit help for.
i bet u dat freez of a guy has nothing to offer. the guy na noice maker i tel u

1 Like

Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by tosyne2much(m): 3:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
Good news
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
Aminat508:
Proudly Uniosunite cheesy kiss
Apples don't fall far from thier trees. Is it the reason you support that Radionic governor?
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2016
PassingShot:
Is it because Aregbe is the governor?
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
PassingShot:
Is it because Aregbe is the governor
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
Nice one.
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by whysquare4real(m): 4:10pm On Mar 05, 2016
Dottore:
I was wondering why many tertiary institutions in Nigeria keep dishing out first class and high grades these days now that general reading culture has fallen to an all time low. I came to understand that malpractice has gone to a digital level. students can easily 'Google' their way through many exam queations
The resultant effect is that graduates actually come out with high grades yet become more unemployable.

Many teenagers make good grades in WAEC and NECo whereas they can hardly read and write.
I know graduates that have 2.1 but they can hardly make a correct sentence in English language.

I was on a call session with a Lady I met in a postgraduate class when suddenly the call dropped. I called her back moments later and she answered. When I asked her what happened the previous time she responded "pls sorry I cutted the call because my mom's call want to enter". This happened months ago but that statement still rings like a bell in my ears.

The educational system has so much degenerated that standard six holders of yesteryears are more educated than today's many Masters Degree holders.
God help us as our schools keep churning out more illiterate graduates.
In as much as I agreed with u, I would like to also point out dats it's easier to bag a first class in d uni and not be able to speak English fluently. If u ve a good memory and can cram well den fist class is urs. Also if ur mind is free from distractions and u can really focus well. Am saying these cos I know of some guys who are actually bagging fist class right now. One is even studying physics in a fed uni. This is a guy dat I know how he got his o level results.
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by muller101(m): 4:17pm On Mar 05, 2016
That yeye school.
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by jbreezy: 4:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
Congrats 2 all of dem...first class no b beans
Re: 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN by omolorlarh: 4:38pm On Mar 05, 2016
Dubemkelly:
Osun State bawo!!! They Need To Write An Apititude Test To Validate Their Claims.
meaning what?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia / Solve This Maths Now And Win Instant N10,000 / Verbal Reasoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.