Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Health Benefits Of Cameroon Pepper - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Benefits Of Cameroon Pepper (8051 Views)

10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Mangoes / Overweight Man Rummages Through Rubbish Dump For Food In Cameroon(photos) / Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Benefits Of Cameroon Pepper by Gistitydotcom: 12:45pm On Mar 05, 2016
“Please could you cook Jollof rice…? We’ve really missed your delicious meals and we are so hungry!” Uttered a friend among the few who came visiting. Watching him moan as his stomach growled, coupled with the gooey eyes look He gave me, I couldn’t resist. I was delighted with the compliment and decided to make the delicacy even though I knew it was emotional blackmail.
Thirty minutes later, the meal was prepared and dished for everyone to happily dig in. After two spoonfuls of my delicacy, one of them exclaimed “Babe… this food sweet oh..no be small!!! But pepper too much sha”. Groping for a sachet of water and fanning their tongues with their hands..like it could ease the fire on their tongues. From the expression on their individual faces it was clear they weren’t happy because the food was peppery.
Hmmm… Don’t give me that face! Wait before you say anything, let me tell you something- I added three spoons full of black pepper. Jeez! I know, but i have my reasons.
Earlier on, i went to visit my family doctor, and we got to discuss about food and health. I told her that i loved black pepper. She gave me a knowing smile and asked me ” Do you know the botanical name of your beloved spice?” I shook my head implying I had no idea. According to her, Black pepper is also called Piper Nigrum which is its botanical name. The fruit from the black pepper when intensely dried can be used as a spice and also it has a wonderful effect on the body as it improves your overall health and well being. I know you are wondering “How?”. Well,we are getting there!
Anxious to know more; after much research on my part I discovered that there are lots of benefit ( health wise) of the spice. The benefits can be summarized below as:

Black pepper provides a rich source of manganese, iron, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin K and dietary fibre.
It helps reduce asthma and whooping cough.
Black pepper increases the hydrochloric acid secretion in the stomach, aiding digestion and prevent diarrhea.
It helps to fight against infections and keep our arteries clean.
For all my paddies who are looking for them slim fit and six packs, it actually helps in breaking down fat cells, which is a good way to reduce weight naturally.
It helps to fight skin disease like vitiligo (loss of skin pigment). It is also good in cases of hernia, hoarseness and insect bites.
Black pepper can be used to treat toothache and tooth decay. Don’t ask me how!

I love my friends and I care about their health that was why I added much black pepper neglecting the last statement my doctor told me “it must be taken in moderate condition”.
For Christ’s sake! They are my friends!!

If I don’t take care of them, who will? #wink#

See more articles on: gistity.com

Re: Health Benefits Of Cameroon Pepper by Nnetriplet: 10:14am On Mar 06, 2016
but that's not Cameroonian pepper na
Re: Health Benefits Of Cameroon Pepper by Gistitydotcom: 7:34am On Mar 07, 2016
Yes it is. Though it doesn't look like the regular one we are used to here in Nigeria
Re: Health Benefits Of Cameroon Pepper by adeabdul2(m): 4:13pm On Oct 21, 2020
Oga that is a picture of Black Pepper not Cameroon Pepper.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister / 6 Things You Should Start Doing To Live Longer / Corona Virus Travelled Entire World From #wuhan But It Did Not Reached Beijing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.