Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

How To Fix Limited Access On Your Computer When Connected To Hotspot - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Fix Limited Access On Your Computer When Connected To Hotspot (10395 Views)

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself / How To Access A Computer When The Keyboard Is Faulty / How To Remove All Viruses From Your Computer Using Rescue USB Disk. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Fix Limited Access On Your Computer When Connected To Hotspot by gidimasters(m): 2:17pm On Mar 05, 2016
It’s very annoying when you try to connect to a friend’s hotspot or see free Wi-Fi connection and when you try to connect, you either get unable to connect to the network or get limited connection even the though network signal of the Wi-Fi is full.
When its shows limited connection, there is a yellow icon placed on the Wi-Fi network status.
With this Limited access error, it means physical connection has been made between the hotspot device and your computer system.

Starting on how to fix this issue, Follow the steps below:
Firstly, make sure you already forget the Wi-Fi network connection if it has been connected to the computer before.
Then reboot your computer system.

NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU SET THE CONNECTION SETTINGS IS SET TO “WORK” INSTEAD OF “PUBLIC” OR “HOME” BECAUSE BOTH ARE LEAST RESTRICTIVE.

If this doesn’t work, don’t be too bothered. Check the steps below:

You will have to uninstall/update the Wireless card of the Computer.
Go to your computer CONTROL PANEL and locate DEVICE MANAGER.
Choose NETWORK ADAPTERS.
Click the network wireless adapter from the list as seen below.

Right-click on the adapter and select Disable and Re- Enable it.
Right-click on the adapter again and select Update Driver Software.

After this, restart your system and everything will be working fine.

Thanks for reading. Share with friends.

Source: http://www.gidimasters.com/2016/03/how-to-fix-limited-access-on-your.html

1 Like

Re: How To Fix Limited Access On Your Computer When Connected To Hotspot by ify84(m): 2:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
Make I book space, I will come back to try it.

1 Like

Re: How To Fix Limited Access On Your Computer When Connected To Hotspot by gidimasters(m): 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
lalasticlala seun coman see dis nau, its useful..... mods... fp tinx

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! / Wema Bank Rewards Winners Of Hackaholics 4.0 With Over 50 Million Naira / ✈✳✅8GB RAM CORE i7 ACER TRAVEL MATE 5HOURS BATTERY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.