Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,271 members, 7,807,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme (1974 Views)

Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record / Wanted Dimka Lured To Afikpo Due To Lust For Girlfriend / Old Photo Of General Babangida, Lt. Col Dimka And Their Coursemates As Cadets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by tbaba1234: 8:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
At a time Customs commands across country especially Apapa and Tin Can Island of the Nigeria Customs Service lamented the effect of restriction on 41 items from the foreign exchange market on their revenue profile, trans-border trade at Seme international border witnessed a tremendous business activities in the month of February 2016 that the command generated a whooping sum of N 1.1b as revenue for the month of February.

In a statement made available to TRANSPORT & MARITIME ONLINE, the Public Relations Officer of the command, Selchang Taupyen, he said the revenue was the highest in the month of February since the creation of the command.

According to him, the command made 55 seizures with a duty paid value of N16m with six suspects arrested in the month under review.

He said, “The revenue generated in the month of February despite all odds is indeed mind boggling as analysts’ are yet to come to terms with the mysteries behind the Dimka’s miracle.

“Comparatively, research from seme data base has shown that the unequal revenue figure of February, 2016 is the first of its kind since the creation of the command.

“The revenue collected for the month exceeded the N 899,800,250.76 collected within the same period in 2015, representing N 172,684,212.06 excess collection.

It is also important to note that achieving this feat did not just come, considering the hiccups that militated against this unprecedented performance both nationally and internationally.

“The prevailing high exchange rate, the strike action by the port Authority and the Customs in the Republic of Benin, protest on the implementation process of unifying the ex-factory price nationally and the uncompromising stand of the command to remain resolute in adhering strictly to the service guidelines and procedures.

Taupyen disclosed further that the Customs Area Controller is not resting on his oars as he briefed his management team to intensify the effort of every unit toward actualizing same in the month of March 2016.

According to the Comptroller, ‘’it is easy to attain success, but not easy to maintain success’’ therefore all hands must be on deck to maintain and exceed the current record.

He however stated that the command had already blocked revenue leakages.
“On a concluding note, it is worthy to note that Seme border command is beginning to get it right as every unit is fortified to block all revenue leakages, thereby translating to the success recorded today.

http://transportandmaritime.com/customs-cac-dimka-breaks-february-revenue-record-at-seme/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by Realdeals(m): 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
With time PMB will get it right!

5 Likes

Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by eyesofgod: 8:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
Nationalism is the way to go. Do what you can do to make your country great. For me, I pay my tax. What about you?

3 Likes

Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by MansaMoussa: 8:48pm On Mar 05, 2016
eyesofgod:
Nationalism is the way to go. Do what you can do to make your country great. For me, I pay my tax. What about you?
I fight off fulani marauders
Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by eyesofgod: 8:55pm On Mar 05, 2016
MansaMoussa:

I fight off fulani marauders

You've got a deadly task in your hands.

6 Likes

Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by SenJoe(m): 8:56pm On Mar 05, 2016
Task na Task a beg
Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by MansaMoussa: 8:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
eyesofgod:

Exactly Sir, i'd rather use the tax money to buy more bullets, since the people I pay the tax to see the very ones who kill mm siblings.
Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by Stalwert: 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
Nigeria shall emerge from the years of the locust stronger and better.
Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
Who go show me way to enter dis customs service now? All dis money flying around needs some serious pocketing
Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 05, 2016
Land border don tight be that
Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by aresa: 9:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
Nice one....No more looting and sharing...
Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by kuuljay(m): 9:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
Forget bitter ones praying for Nigeria to fail so they can justify their loss in the last elections, we shall get it right it may take time but we will surely get there by the grace of God

2 Likes

Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by Standing5(m): 9:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
I hope Buhari does not use the money to buy cocoa yam and feed almajiris.

1 Like

Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by Mutuwa(m): 9:28pm On Mar 05, 2016
eyesofgod:

Most qualified answer..
Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by HopeAtHand: 9:57pm On Mar 05, 2016
eyesofgod:

Lol @ Nationalism. An average American has reason to be nationalistic. What does Nigeria offer aside injustice, tribalism, sufferings and redundancy..

Instead of paying tax to Nigeria, i'll rather tax the hell outta Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by fistonati(m): 10:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
Is that part of 2016 budget

See what my keypad suggested that I type below, try it

Yet to be able to see you can get it to the way of the other than that the way of this message

Keep deceiving us
Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by bettercreature(m): 10:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
People now prefer to import from cotounou because of dollar scarcity beside it's cheaper than importing directly from asia
Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
lalasticlala, Ishilove, Mynd44 come and see how the Body Odour of PMB is smelling everywhere.
Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
“On a concluding note, it is worthy to note that Seme border command is beginning to get it right as every unit is fortified to block all revenue leakages, thereby translating to the success recorded today...The Public Relations Officer of the command, Selchang Taupyen
Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by Akpaife(m): 12:01am On Mar 06, 2016
Realdeals:
With time PMB will get it right!
Dnt complain dat tins r high when u want to buy tins becos importers r paying the money bt remember u will pay x3 when u want to buy anytin
I pity d last consumer becos them will pay dearly 4 it
Re: Customs CAC, Dimka Breaks February Revenue Record At Seme by malton: 12:59am On Mar 06, 2016
The doom and gloom merchants who denigrate their own country would not like this. Fire on, naija! May we get it right someday!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Blasts Buhari Over' No Forex For Education':Ur Policy Is Awkward'(pics / Lovely New Pix Of Ex-lagos State PDP Guber Candidate Jimi Agbaje In Rivers State / GEJ: Buhari Is Not Making Use Of 50% Of His Brain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.