Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others (3574 Views)

Is Nigeria In The Brink Of Another Civil War? - Al Jazeera / Photos Of President Buhari On Arrival At The Kaduna Airport / Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by eledalo: 8:52pm On Mar 05, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1QZDA1BFUo

Mods please help embed the youtube link.
For ordinary Nigerians (ie non political Nigerian), this will be a grim and dark interview. Is Nigeria doomed regarding leadership? His comments on foreign education for his kids vs for other, the budget etc are very disturbing!

What's your take?

1 Like

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by gratiaeo(m): 9:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
This man is a dullard indeed

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by NavierStokes(m): 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2016
The same Islamic council he said we weren't a part of, only last week in saudi Arabia, is the same one he has declared Nigeria to be a part of.

Fayose and FFK were not wrong
Slowly but surely we will see through the veil.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by klassd(m): 10:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
Lol the change they voted for!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by Boss13: 10:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
My own opinion - I think the President still has this dictator attributes in him. Sometimes it's good especially for foreign journalists whose intent is to rubbish you, other times it just make you wonder if the president cares.

On the interview - it appears that the president isn't going to change his position on naira devaluation regardless of the suggestions IMF or world bank. A positive note which I support. The country cannot afford to deplete its foreign reserves on luxuries and the president has said it, if you can afford then proceed, but the country cannot afford it.

On the issue of Biafra, it is quite unfortunate that security operatives would shoot at innocent unarmed protesters. I am definitely against the president on this. I think the police should be sanctioned for being too heavy and a quick solution should be brought to the table, before these protesters improvise and arm themselves, hence creating another security issue for the country.

I clearly observed that the president did not review the budget because he repeatedly told the journalist that she knew more of our budget than himself - that is not a good sign of leadership. The president should have painstakingly review the budget to get a good glimpse rather than rely on advisers, that is why our budget is always padded and never implemented. Mr president if a foreign journalist can take her time to go through our budget, you can also do the same.

Finally, I disagree with the president on remaining with OPEC even when our influence is limited. If the oil cartel do not guarantee us better benefit, it is better we go solo like Russia and gain market share.

Apart from these salient issues, I think the President did well in answering the question. Though they were no questions on how he would transform the economy.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by deking(m): 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
This is what is called constructive criticism.

Well done.

The president needs to communicate more with Nigerians. He expects us to show some understanding but communication is very important if that will happen. I think his advisers around media need to improve and encourage him to speak more to Nigerians. Communication is the most important thing in the period of crisis not what you are doing or intend to do.

Boss13:
My own opinion - I think the President till has this dictator attributes in him. Sometimes it's good especially for foreign journalists whose intent is to rubbish you, other times it just make you wonder if the president cares.

On the interview - it appears that the president isn't going to change his position on naira devaluation regardless of the suggestions IMF or world bank. A positive notepad which I support. The country cannot afford to deplete its foreign reserves on luxuries and the president has said it, if you can afford then proceed, but the country cannot afford it.

On the issue of Biafra, it is quite unfortunate that security operatives would shoot at innocent unarmed protesters. I am definitely against the president on this. I think the police should be sanctioned for being too heavy and quick solution should be brought to the table, before these protesters improvise and arm themselves, hence creating another security issue for the country.

I clearly observed that the president did not review the budget because he repeatedly told the journalist that she knew more of our budget than himself - that is not a good sign of leadership. The president should have painstakingly review the budget to get a good glimpse rather than rely on advisers, that is why our budget is always padded and never implemented. Mr president if a foreign journalist can take her time to go through our budget, you can also do the same.

Finally, I disagree with the president on remaining with OPEC even when our influence is limited. If the oil cartel do not guarantee us better benefit, it is better we go solo like Russia and gain market share.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by chriskosherbal(m): 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
I really don't know where we are going to, but let's just hope.
Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by tuscani: 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
Why are we complaining ? this man has never failed to show who he was, and still is, but we said he has changed . Somebody that openly said christians should vote for christians and moslems for moslem. Some body that said his goal was to see sharia spread through all nigeria, somebody that said abacha never stole, that is the same person they packaged and forced down on us.
When God wants to punish a nation, he send them a bad ruler.. sai baba Sai chanji

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
The President is simply saying, if you cannot afford overseas study for your kids at the black market rate, don't send them there. Subsidizing foreign study to all Nigerians (by making naira available at official rate for such purpose) is something Govt cannot afford. If overseas study is placed among such items as toothpick and rice which we produce locally,as items which official rate of the naira will not support, I think it is fair. You can send your kids for education aboard at the black market rate of 400 naira to a dollar, but not at the official rate of 199 naira to a dollar.

Wike has recently asked Rivers state sponsored students at overseas school to relocate back to Nigeria so as to continue their education at RSUST and Uniport due to lack of funds. Cut your coat according to your size.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by RZArecta(m): 10:44pm On Mar 05, 2016
Your president and his advisers are not serious. How many average Nigerians have access to Al Jazeera and other foreign media he's more interested in talking to ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by fistonati(m): 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2016
And this govt want Nigerians to buy made in Nigeria products

This govt is not serious in its policies

1 Like

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by fistonati(m): 10:54pm On Mar 05, 2016
You are correct, he only talks when he's outside Nigeria but not to Nigerians
RZArecta:
Your president and his advisers are not serious. How many average Nigerians have access to Al Jazeera and other foreign media he's more interested in talking to ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 05, 2016
There is nothing I admire more than naked honesty!

Viva Buhari !

4 Likes

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
Believe APC zombies will see nothing wrong with this

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by sosanova: 11:23pm On Mar 05, 2016
La Click, La President Buhari Buhari
Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by sosanova: 11:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
La Click, La Dullar-dinho Buhari
Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by omolami: 11:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
Because he has come to destroy education in Nigeria .What concerns fulani man with education

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by LudaChriz(m): 11:45pm On Mar 05, 2016
GenBuhari:
There is nothing I admire more than naked honesty!

Viva Buhari !

Zombie personified

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by freakthingz(m): 11:54pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahaha * breathes
grin grin
Hahahahahah grin grin grin

Naija......congrats you played yaself
Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by musicwriter(m): 12:41am On Mar 06, 2016
Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by musicwriter(m): 12:43am On Mar 06, 2016
Above
Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 06, 2016
Lolz... grin grin grin it still baffles me that some people are still expecting some goodies from dis dullard of a President. Buhari is a big Scam take it or leave it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by Built2last: 1:16am On Mar 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by Friday18: 2:12am On Mar 06, 2016
Nigeria is in trouble. Listening to him and trying to defend every questions being asked about government, really shows that this man wasn't event 1% ready for the job. Not even after 9 months. Indeed he's a fulani herds man.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by Amitex(m): 2:12am On Mar 06, 2016
It is really sad that our president does not have an inkling about the national budget he presented to the NASS. The same way he was surprised at the media chat in January 2016, the president even goofed the more this time around. The Aljazeera was the one telling our president the contents of the budget he sent to NASS, withdrew and reworked twice. Again, while Buhari can afford to send his children to study abroad at official dollar rates, other Nigerians have to accept tough luck of funding their children education with black market rate. Or do we assume that the president also patronizes black market to pay for his children school fees

What a president indeed??

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by tit(f): 2:49am On Mar 06, 2016
#fireonbaba
Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by Nobody: 3:32am On Mar 06, 2016
Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by Nobody: 3:33am On Mar 06, 2016
smiley
Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by 989900: 7:17am On Mar 06, 2016
You can't blanket importation of toothpicks, palmoil, and education and health together -- that'd cluelessness part2.

I can't watch the video to verify this . . . link not working.

I guess I'd have tosearch for it manually.
Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by CSTR2: 7:22am On Mar 06, 2016
Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by hollywater: 7:31am On Mar 06, 2016
I only wonder how long the zombies will defend him.He is even putting shame in the face of Zombies with his answers.
Re: Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others by Boss13: 8:05am On Mar 06, 2016
I support the President stance on not funding luxuries with our foreign reserves regardless of whether it is for education or note. The key point to note is that the country do not have enough foreign reserves and it needs to prioritize. People should understand this simple economic term - one do not purchase exotic items if he does not have the means to acquire such item.

The President has said there are essential raw materials the CBN would fund. However, I don't think the CBN has outrightly place a ban on financing education, but it intends to be careful before it is exploited by we, Nigerians.

Presently, Nigerians have buying dollars for BAT/PAT at official rate and selling them at the parallel market. Earlier this week, the CBN has said that over $20billion dollars are domicile in private domicillary accounts in the country, actually this figure is bigger than the present CBN foreign reserves. Then ask yourself, what are people doing with these funds in their accounts?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Godswill Abot Akpabio Is The New Senate Majority Leader / 5 Most Beautiful Wives Of Nigerian Governors (photos) / Throwback Photo Of Borno State Governor Umara Zulum At An Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.