Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:37 AM

Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging (9084 Views)

Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking / Saddam Hussein As An Assassin / Saddam Hussein Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Ynot(m): 11:19am On Nov 05, 2006
Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Hang

Saddam Hussein, half brother and another senior official was convicted and sentenced today to death by hanging for war crimes in the 1982 killings of 148 people (crime against humanity) in the town of Dujail, as the former leader, trembling, shouted "God is great!"

This shows that justice, no matter how late it comes can still be served. I rejoice with Iraq people. We are waiting for Charles Taylor to receive his!
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by odada(m): 11:22am On Nov 05, 2006
Finally the trial has come to an end and the verdict has been passed,left to me it was just a show of human rights because all along we all knew how the story would end!so early this morning in far away Iraq the for mer leader,dictator and lipsrsealed was sentenced with his half brother and another senior official for war crimes in the 1982 killings of 148 people in the towns of dujail,lest I forget they were sentenced to death by "hanging"gruesome u might say,but serves them right I tell you.For more information log on to CNN.COM
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Seun(m): 11:50am On Nov 05, 2006
Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has been convicted of crimes against humanity by a Baghdad court and sentenced to death by hanging.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6117910.stm
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by IBEXY(m): 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2006
My mind tells me the execution of that guy will plunge Iraq into more problems. He is too hot to be executed just like that. I think they might just imprison him.

1 Like

Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by ebony9ja(m): 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2006
He has the right to appeal against the judgement within a week. He was convicted for murdering 148 villagers in 1982- one of his many crimes against humanity. A well deserved sentence.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Freestyl(m): 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2006
Great news! Justice has finally taken position. This will also serve as an example to our leaders.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Radiant(f): 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2006
watching it on CNN now *sighs*
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by tianshie(m): 1:12pm On Nov 05, 2006
You didn't have to be Edgar Cayce to predict how this one would end.
Let's see what happens after,that's the real issue.

I wish him the best in hell.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Ynot(m): 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2006
Its ironic how he kept shouting long live the people. The very people he oppressed and murdered.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by mamaput(f): 1:39pm On Nov 05, 2006
What ever he was in the army so they should also give him that respect and shoot him.
Hanging is so degrading
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Jakumo(m): 2:29pm On Nov 05, 2006
After the Fall of Saddam Hussein, CNN camera crews were allowed into one of the prisons run by the Saddam regime. The specially constructed concrete platforms where prisoners were led up for hanging were shown. Mass hangings took place on a weekly basis in that jail, and the victims of that state-sanctioned madness were guilty of nothing more than being reported by spies for having said something negative about Saddam Hussein.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, and the man who signed all those execution orders, Saddam Hussein, the butcher of Baghdad, will feel the itchy bristles of the hangman's rope around his own neck, before he is pushed into the trap-door of his design that swallowed so many thousands of his perceived enemies, back when he played god over his country.

Hanging is a gruesome end no doubt, but in this case it is a fate richly deserved and well befitting so evil and genocidal a despot. May Saddam Hussein's putrid and tormented soul roast in the fire-pits of hell for ever.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Saintjoe(m): 3:17pm On Nov 05, 2006
That serves them right!!!

At last Justice has prevailed!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by IBEXY(m): 3:24pm On Nov 05, 2006
How many leaders in the world can stand his ground, beat his cheast and say he is completely free of this kind of sin saddam committed.

Even the so called free worlds are remotely (and sometimes directly) responsibly for numerous acts of mass slaughter happening in the world.

Who dey even manufacture the gun dem??

Everybody na thieve.

Na person wey dem catch dem go crucify.

1 Like

Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by nosa101(f): 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2006
This is serious injustice.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by lauryn(f): 3:28pm On Nov 05, 2006
So how is Saddam's death gon bring back the dead?. if they really want justice, it shouldnt be bout taking his life. what a foolish world! *kisses teeth in utter disgust*
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Proton(m): 4:46pm On Nov 05, 2006
I am not smiling. Who is going to be held responsible / convicted for the current massacre now plagueing the innoccents in the country?. I also question why the virdict now, just a few days to US mid- term election.

Check this, this is round one in the history of a nation been distroyed.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Jakumo(m): 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2006
Rather than attaining the status of martyr among the loony fundamentalist fringe as some pundits predict, Saddam Hussein will more likely be reviled by Iraquis and the rest of the world in history books that liken him to Pol Pot of Cambidia and Idi Amin of Uganda, murderous and sadistic men all, whose names will only ever inspire dlsgust, and certainly not any more suicide bombings than "normal",with respect to the case of Saddam's scheduled lights-out.  

Saddam's dispatch will amount a non-event for all except the condemned mass-murderer and his immediate family.  A jail sentence could never have been a viable option as Saddam Hussein's capacity to break out of captivity cannot be under-estimated regardless of the jail's address.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Odeku(m): 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2006
Proton are you reading my mind? Sadams life is not worth the millions that have been killed since the war. Now we kill sadam, who is going to pay for the senceless killing? Is Bush ready to face trial for lying to the world of weapons of mass distruction the reason we invaded IRAQ? North Korea is producing weapons of mass distruction left and right and yet all we doing is implementing sanction.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Terry1(m): 7:46pm On Nov 05, 2006
Huh??
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by mukina2: 8:00pm On Nov 05, 2006
and what will they gain by sentencing him like that,

people are being killed day in day out in Iraq.they cant solve that, they think killing Saddam will solve that?
how many leaders that are worst than Saddam that are still living?
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by nilla(f): 8:36pm On Nov 05, 2006
i wonder
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by tinard(m): 9:10pm On Nov 05, 2006
This was all just stupid. You knew he would be sentenced to death immediately he was captured. I would have prefered a better sentence because this will all finish in a days work.

Death by hanging - 5mins
Electric chair - 30mins
Life imprisonment- 10years
Chaining him him to be flogged by the public everyday - Priceless
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by nilla(f): 9:17pm On Nov 05, 2006
tinard:

This was all just stupid. You knew he would be sentenced to death immediately he was captured. I would have prefered a better sentence because this will all finish in a days work.

Death by hanging - 5mins
Electric chair - 30mins

your making me laugh grin
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by kiwibabe(f): 10:30pm On Nov 05, 2006
tinard:

Death by hanging - 5mins
Electric chair - 30mins

HAHAHAHHAHAHA that was funny.

But truthfully me I don't know about you guys but me I am very worried about the aftermath of his death, and how it will impact on the world, especially with all of these terrorist attacks happening on a regular basis.

His death will definately fuel a lot of anger
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by dennylove(m): 11:07pm On Nov 05, 2006
KIWIBABE,His death will definately fuel a lot of anger.NO BE LIES,IRAQ might want to do something TRAGIC to the U.S.A
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by tinard(m): 12:45am On Nov 06, 2006
dennylove:

KIWIBABE,His death will definately fuel a lot of anger.NO BE LIES,IRAQ might want to do something TRAGIC to the U.S.A

True that. His death will fuel a civil war in Iraq the sunni muslims are warning already. They will definitely try to avert the sentence but tat will never happen. Therefore the sooner the death sentence is carried out the sooner the whole world will go back to normal. As for the terrorism even without the capture or killing of saddam that was bound to continue.

Osama if you are still out there and you are not dead as rumour carried out. They are coming for you.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Proton(m): 1:18am On Nov 06, 2006
@Odeku

These whole stuffs happening under our watchfull eyes is saddening. Sometimes it makes one wonder what UN is and all about. Innocent souls are dying now as I,m looking at this computer screen. It should be a better world.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by jammin(m): 1:33am On Nov 06, 2006
Do you really believe saddam was as evil as the media try to make out? from the day they capture saddam, the sentence was written. remember this: To the victor goes the spoils. Notice how every defeated leader is demonized as the wickedest man since satan? Just take a look at bush, is'nt he just as evil? if he was the president of another country, and did the same things that he did to iraq, would'nt the world be calling for his head? its all about propaganda and control of the media.

one man's saint is another person devil, and vice versa
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Odeku(m): 3:00am On Nov 06, 2006
BUSH was behind this bombaclot man, they want to kill a dead man, how more can you kill a man that already lost his 2 kids? his kingdom? he has been dead long before the sentensing. but Bush want to kill saddam. what about all the innocent people that got kill in the process of finding Saddam? We should try Bush for genocide crimes, it amazes me all the weak democrats campaining for office are shying away from this.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Seun(m): 3:33am On Nov 06, 2006
In war, the victor is always right and the loser is always wrong.
However, I have no sympathy for murderers like Saddam.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by jammin(m): 3:47am On Nov 06, 2006
how do we know he's a murderer? Was'nt the evidence provided by his enemies? On that basis, should'nt we have some doubt as to the authenticity of the murderous acts. kindly remember " Weapon of mass Destruction" was in Iraq and posed an imminent danger to the world.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Seun(m): 4:01am On Nov 06, 2006
You cannot rule a country by force without being a murderer. Remember Abacha and co? That alone is enough to make me turn a blind eye to whatever form of death meets someone like Saddam. He deserves it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EU Parliament Recognizes Venezuela's Guaido As Interim President / Pakistan Airlines To Restart Commercial Flights To Kabul On September 13 / Mandela Family Supports South Africa's Withdrawing Diplomats From Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.