Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial (2306 Views)

Court Okays Suit Seeking Amaechi And Onu’s Arrest, Sacking / Court Okays Fayose Properties Seizure / Court Okays Probe Of Amaechi's Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:19pm On Mar 07, 2016
BREAKING: Court okays shielding of witnesses in Kanu’s trial
March 7, 2016

Nnamdi Kanu

Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

Justice James Tsoho of a Federal High Court in Abuja is on Monday allowed the proposed prosecution witnesses lined up by the Federal Government to testify behind a witness screen ‎against the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra and Director of Radio Biafra, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu.

The judge dismissed the objection by Kanu’s lawyer, Mr. Chuks Muoma (SAN), ruling that the request by the Federal Government for its witnesses to testify behind a witness screen did not amount to revisiting the court’s earlier ruling prohibiting the ‎prosecution witnesses from wearing masks.

He upheld the argument of the prosecution led by the Director of Public Prosecutions in the Federal Ministry of Justice, Mohammed Diri, that the screen would only shield the witnesses from the members of the public present in court.

He said the use of the screen would not prevent the judge, the accused persons and lawyers to the parties to see the witnesses while testifying.

A witness screen is a device positioned to shield a witness from seeing the accused in the courtroom.

The court also dismissed the request by Muoma that the court should discharge and acquit its witnesses because the prosecution failed to produce its witnesses to enable the trial to commence on Monday.

The judge ruled that ‎the provision of section 351(1) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act‎ 2015 relied on by the defence to ask for the quashing of the charges, did not apply to the circumstances of the case.

According to the judge, the court can only dismiss the charges against an accused person who is present in court when the complainant in the case is not represented in court.

The court fixed Wednesday for trial to commence.

http://www.punchng.com/breaking-court-okays-shielding-of-witnesses-in-kanus-trial/

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:20pm On Mar 07, 2016
Deluded IPOB Yoots, How Market?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by SUPERPACK: 3:20pm On Mar 07, 2016
Buhari 5 vs kanu 3
Sai buhari
sai change

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 07, 2016
Nice

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by ruggedboy01: 3:23pm On Mar 07, 2016
Who God has bless no man can curse..... In tubaba's voice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 07, 2016
story for the godz
NK is coming out victorious
i think the judge does not want the FG to have anymore excuses
just watch and see
the judge is tired of the stupid games of the fg
i guess he just want the witnesses to come and then dismiss whatever bulshit they will say on the premise that it is not VALID
then end of case
just watch

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by ruggedboy01: 3:25pm On Mar 07, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
grin
and u are shinning ur teeth like a roasted she goat....... NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO KANU no matter what sad angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:26pm On Mar 07, 2016
iamkeyz:
[s]story for the godz
just watch and see
i guess he just want the witnesses to come and then dismiss whatever bulshit they will say on the premise that it is not VALID
then end of case
just watch[/s]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:28pm On Mar 07, 2016
ruggedboy01:
and u are shinning ur teeth like a roasted she goat....... NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO KANU no matter what sad angry

Take Hankie...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by amaechi1: 3:29pm On Mar 07, 2016
iamkeyz:
story for the godz
just watch and see
then end of case
just watch

It easy for you to said that because you presently at your comfort zone not behind bars. A lot will be going over his mind, how did I find myself in this predicament. There no sweet place as your home.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by ruggedboy01: 3:31pm On Mar 07, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Take Hankie...
u need the hanky more than I do...... ur hate for igbos keep me wondering

God forbid angry sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by rusher14: 3:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
Not looking good.
Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
lalasticlala come and rescue Kanu!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by PhockPhockMan: 3:46pm On Mar 07, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Deluded IPOB Yoots, How Market?
What are you celebrating now.
Will there still be masquerade witnesses?
You're just searching for what will make you happy.

Continue.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by princemillla(m): 3:46pm On Mar 07, 2016
This isnt kool joooo....
Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2016
Welcomed development

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
princemillla:
This isnt kool joooo....

Why?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 07, 2016
Which kind screen be that again
Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by drsteroid(m): 4:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
Dilector really needs ' Celestial Powers' to get himself out of this angry

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by princemillla(m): 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Why?

The case is taking longer than expected dear.

Since last year. If the guy is guilty, the law should take its effect.
Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Ogbuefi2020: 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
LOL. There will be no masquerade. The witnesses will be seen on screen so what are you celebrating?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Ariani: 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
As long as the screen is transparent enough to enable us see the faces of the so called witnesses, I am cool with it. cheesy
No to masquerade witnesses.
Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by babyfaceafrica: 4:09pm On Mar 07, 2016
Kikikkiki..more watery beans for kanu
Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by olapluto(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2016
Common sense judgement. Nnamdi will be shocked that even his wife will testify against him. Some people can abuse their mothers for 500 naira. Majority of those people are shouting Ipod.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by rusher14: 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:
LOL. There will be no masquerade. The witnesses will be seen on screen so what are you celebrating?

That's not what it means.

It means a curtain would be draped over the witnesses to be questioned.

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
ruggedboy01:
Youre quite wrong you know? Alot of things will happen to Kanu one of which is a lengthy jail term. so lengthy by the time he gets out we will be grandfathers.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2016
grin
Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Ejanla07: 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
olapluto:
Common sense judgement. Nnamdi will be shocked that even his wife will testify against him. Some people can abuse their mothers for 500 naira. Majority of those people are shouting Ipod.

You 're so right. Majority of people shouting iPod 're yoruba...

Tribalist
Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 07, 2016
Few minutes ago, an IPOD youth was narrating how Kanu will be discharged from court!! Lol..

As Long as the Judge is not Igbo, and he heard when Kanu called his beloved country a zoo. And when he insulted the president of the largest black country, I believe emotions will surpass Facts!!

Kanu should enjoy his stay in the Zoo.

And to all the IPOD youths who are Working in the Zoo, making Money in the Zoo, marrying in the Zoo and giving birth in the Zoo, let me ask.....

"What specie of animals are you all??"

#IamIgboNotBiafra

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by knightsTempler: 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2016
undecided

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by ziccoit: 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2016
You've got to have a very big balls to fight a state and succeed, except if such a state is being led by a balless id1ot. PMB is even gentle.

Obj, I hail o.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
Few minutes ago, an IPOD youth was narrating how Kanu will be discharged from court!! Lol..

As Long as the Judge is not Igbo, and he heard when Kanu called his beloved country a zoo. And when he insulted the president of the largest black country, I believe emotions will surpass Facts!!

Kanu should enjoy his stay in the Zoo.

And to all the IPOD youths who are Working in the Zoo, making Money in the Zoo, marrying in the Zoo and giving birth in the Zoo, let me ask.....

"What specie of animals are you all??"

#IamIgboNotBiafra

The zoo must fall

(1) (2)

Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently / In This Critical Moment, Why Is There No Igbo Politician In Opposition? / Hurray... APC Members Atikulate! Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.