Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police (38613 Views)

Why We Raided Peace Corps, Arrested Commandant, Others - Nigerian Police / My Experience Today At A Filling Station / See What Chris Ngige Did Today With Other Senators After Taking A Bow(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by bristol00: 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2016
Im an old member of this forum but decided to open another account.

This police guy called mohammed was involved in a brawl with me today.

It all started when i am my two brothers were coming back from oregun, ikeja today 7th of Monday at about 3:45 pm; On approaching a turning towards Ikeja along, railway. We met few police men on mufti while some were on uniform in a hide out looking for prey.

We approached this cop whose picture is attached; to ask if we could make right one a road with clearly "NO SIGN OF ONE WAY" Written anywhere; and the next he did was, jump into the car, perhaps telling us we followed a "ONE WAY ROUTE". Even after much explanations to him, he played a deaf , and the next thing was for him to drag the car key from the ignition hole while the vehicle was on motion.

This was a road we haven't even entered.

All these pictures were taken when We ended up at the railway crossing, Anifowoshe ikeja crossing. The man behind him is working with him too. If police were actually my friend, why is his different?

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Omexonomy: 7:22pm On Mar 07, 2016
This rubbish can only happen in boohary regime

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by oglalasioux(m): 7:24pm On Mar 07, 2016
Only in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by omololu2020(m): 7:27pm On Mar 07, 2016
Nigeria is truly a zoo

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by DaBullIT(m): 7:30pm On Mar 07, 2016
damn

some erdyots already blaming buhari

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by ademega(m): 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2016
as much as we all hate police men but so many things are not clear in this story.
1. how did you know they were police men when u said they were in mufti?

2. I have never seen a man that would ask for direction from a police man, not in Nigeria.

3. if you want to ask for direction, you don't do that on motion but either Park or slow down to ask. saying he jumped into the car is funny somehow.

4. are u sure the issue was all about one way or not because with the pix shown their it looked as if it wasn't a one way issue.

5. you refused to tell us what eventually happened and how the issue was resolved or charged to court.

yes we know Nigeria police are irrational most times but at the same time let us find out the truth and it would set us free

ademega submission.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by thefakestan: 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2016
Lala is working

OP what should we do?

Call Arase?
The story a half!

ThefakeStan

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by siraj1402(m): 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
Remember police is your friend always grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by iphanyiuma(m): 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
Police man to an okada rider:: you no get BVN and you get okada where you see money, you they do yahoo yahoo abi...oya corporal arrest that okada...that's Nigerian police for you!! gringringrin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by adedam007(m): 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by onosprince(m): 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
One of the reasons I don't like Nigerian Police. Always in the news for nasty reasons

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by hemucology(m): 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
I hate Nigeria police no be small

14 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by winkmart: 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
hmmmmmm
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by priscaoge(f): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
Op U guys haven't entered d road and u stopped to ask the police officers if u can enter d road? Well, I have never liked those Niccurs in Black and will never! Until u have encounter with them, U won't understand how wicked and mean they are.

We approached this cop whose picture is attached; to ask if we could make right one a road with clearly "NO SIGN OF ONE WAY" Written anywhere; and the next he did was, jump into the car, perhaps telling us we followed a "ONE WAY ROUTE". Even after much explanations to him, he played a deaf , and the next thing was for him to drag the car key from the ignition hole while the vehicle was on motion.

This part got me thinking undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by phayvoursky(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
THE ONES U ENCOUNTERED AIN'T UR FRIENDS BUT UR NEIGHBOURS.

NA ONLY PERSON WEY U DE SHARE CAR WITH FIT JUMP INSIDE UR CAR COLLECT KEY.

ABI HOW U SEE AM?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by clemmonce(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
naija I hail
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by gameboy727(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
Sorry for the harassment. Some of them could silly at times.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by forgiveness: 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
Welcome to Lagos. grin
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by kay29000(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
Sorry.
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by autolearner: 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
Only The Dumb Believes The Nigerian Police Is Truly Your Friend.

NEVER STOP TO ASK A NIGERIAN POLICE ANYTHING.
As against asking a Policeman or Woman, Look for a VIO, LASTMA, FRSC or Any Other Member of any force around.
If None, approach the nearest civilian.

Remember This Thumb Rule to Save Your Life & Yourself Stress Anytime.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Phaeyus(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
Must we always blame the government for the shortcomings of an average police officer... Aw abt we start blaming this individuals for going against their ethical codes of conduct...

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by ateizaa(m): 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
Police they can never be modest in there duties
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by pendusky(m): 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
BRB
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by eddyslim(m): 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
Nigerian police... What a Zoo
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by White007(m): 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Olusharp(m): 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
.... you even broke Nairaland law with this "Im an old member of this forum but
decided to open another account."

you wanted to break the law so you expect the police to give you consent to take one way...op you go blow.....

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Wizzykinging(m): 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
What a country
Too bad lipsrsealed
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by valencia25(m): 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
Give us the full gist biko.... I don't like romance only, give me the full thing.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by BE811APP: 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
The Police is ur Friend!!! shocked shocked
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by uzoormah(m): 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2016
is that barb wire on top of d police car
#justasking

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. / Did Buhari Cancel Scores Of Abba Kyari’s Memos? / How Obama Influenced The Sacking Of Service Chiefs – Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.