Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,240 members, 7,780,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:06 PM

Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner (10911 Views)

Buhari Campaigner Undergoes Spinal Surgery Over Injuries Sustained In 2015 / Arrested Judges: Court Summons Buhari, DSS / Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by Nobody: 4:51am On Mar 08, 2016
An Anambra State High Court, presided over by Justice R. O. Onunkwo, on Monday, ordered the Department of State Services to appear before it on March 10 in a case involving the 2007 State Coordinator of the Muhammadu Buhari Presidential Campaign Organisation, Chief Ifeanyichukwu Nwokoye.

Nwokoye and his wife, Jessica, were in April, 2015 allegedly brutalised by men of the DSS, leaving one of Nwokoye’s eyes badly affected.

Nwokoye alleged that he was brutalised because he refused to release information about 22 expatriate medical doctors, invited by the Anambra State Government for free medical mission in the state, who were accommodated in his hotel.

He said, “I was handcuffed with my wife like common criminals. I have never seen such a thing all my life. The retina of my eyes has been damaged. I was humiliated for no offence committed.”

Nwokoye had dragged the security operatives to court for infringing on his fundamental rights.

When the matter came up for hearing on Monday, the counsel for the DSS, Mr. S. T. Oneh, sought the leave of court to discontinue with the matter.

He said, “I used to appear for the respondents (DSS) in this matter. But the respondents have disengaged my professional service. I hereby notify the court that I no longer represent them.”

Not satisfied with the counsel’s submission, Justice Onunkwo demanded more explanations from the lawyer why a fundamental right matter of this type should not be pursued with the diligence it deserved.

Oneh tendered a letter disengaging his services by the DSS to the court, saying that he would not want to force himself on his former client.

The lawyer for Nwokoye, Prof. Ilochi Okafor (SAN), said he would continue with the case despite the withdrawal of the respondents’ counsel.

www.punchng.com/court-summons-dss-attack-ex-buharis-campaigner/
Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by adehsenior(m): 5:48am On Mar 08, 2016
This counter abi, very soon men will start fighting the government, I wonder whether the DSS have now become tools for intimidating non APC law abiding Nigerians
Only God will judge our leaders.

6 Likes

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by Tunami(m): 5:50am On Mar 08, 2016
them get luck say na buhari dem do campaign for if not their case go be like metuh own.

7 Likes

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by SMARTKOSSY: 6:05am On Mar 08, 2016
Daura Secret Service...mtchew

4 Likes

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by bonechamberlain(m): 6:57am On Mar 08, 2016
DSS again, this people are now acting like the Hitler's Gestapo

4 Likes

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by PaAmadee: 8:19am On Mar 08, 2016
The hunter is being hunted
Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by babyfaceafrica: 8:19am On Mar 08, 2016
Nice one
Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by Okijajuju1(m): 8:21am On Mar 08, 2016
Why the President will not look into the attitude of our security agencies remains a mystery.

Successive governments have failed to sanitize the Nigerian Police and other agencies.

The Nigerian security outfits ranging from the Police to the Army to the NSCDC to the EFCC to even Man-O-War are still made up of mostly touts and thugs who believe they are judge, jury and executioner just by virtue of the uniform they put on.

Thats why a Nigerian Police officer will not hesitate to draw his weapon on an unarmed civilian and threaten to shoot them if they dont comply with his wishes.

Why the Government wouldn't look into attaching well trained litigation Lawyers with atleast 10 - 15 years experience to every Police Station to provide them with sound legal counsel while increasing the minimum requirement for joining the Police from First School Leaving to OND.

Imagine the DSS that should be a mush more sophisticated and intelligent driven outfit arresting a Man and brutalizing him for refusing to handover confidential documents without a valid court order.

I hope the man gets a killing in settlement judgment from the courts.

1 Like

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by ademega(m): 8:21am On Mar 08, 2016
this country self may God guide our every seconds
Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by henryhemon(m): 8:22am On Mar 08, 2016
Just cuz you hate Buhari some folks did not even bother to read or understand the content of the information,they are bashing him already,you keep hating him and he doesnt know if you hate him or not,you re killing yourself.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by Samexdx(m): 8:24am On Mar 08, 2016
Let justice prevail
Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by 5starmilitant: 8:24am On Mar 08, 2016
Dss sef. The innocent woman they shot the other time is still battling hard to make life.

Gradually gradually Dss will be like Fulani herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by Sanchez01: 8:25am On Mar 08, 2016
adehsenior:
This counter abi, very soon men will start fighting the government, I wonder whether the DSS have now become tools for intimidating non APC law abiding Nigerians
You know, it wouldn't kill you if you read the piece. You should have read the article before lashing the APC and Buhari. The DSS then was viciously used a weapon of intimidation. The man in question is an ex-Buhari campaigner. I sincerely hope you understand the summary now.

8 Likes

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by chimah3(m): 8:27am On Mar 08, 2016
Buhari lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by dotG(m): 8:27am On Mar 08, 2016
DSS is Evil
Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by DONSMITH123(m): 8:28am On Mar 08, 2016
adehsenior:

Did you read the story? We are talking about State Coordinator of the Muhammadu Buhari Presidential Campaign Organisation, Chief Ifeanyichukwu Nwokoye. Is he not an APC member? look before you leap.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by AlPeter: 8:28am On Mar 08, 2016
Adehsenior the teachers that taught you deserve life imprisonments in the worst prison available. What was that comment about?!
Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by mycar: 8:30am On Mar 08, 2016
Must they link Buhari in the case, the reason behind this summon has nothing to do with politics but some expatriates that he refused to disclose their indentity, in as much as police brutality is very bad but withholding information on some foreign visitors is also dangerous as the authorities could have been acting on a tip off.

2 Likes

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by Exmay(m): 8:32am On Mar 08, 2016
My People perish for lack of Reading culture.
What will it cost a so called youth to take less than 2mins to read and comprehend an article before commenting?

GEJ was still @ the helm of affairs as @ April 2015. So all glory and condemnation of the period should be channelled to Him....

7 Likes

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by OnankpaBa(m): 8:34am On Mar 08, 2016
those the ones contributing to naija problem.

DONSMITH123:

Did you read the story? We are talking about State Coordinator of the Muhammadu Buhari Presidential Campaign Organisation, Chief Ifeanyichukwu Nwokoye. Is he not an APC member? look before you leap.

4 Likes

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by OlujobaSamuel: 8:40am On Mar 08, 2016
mycar:
Must they link Buhari in the case, the reason behind this summon has nothing to do with politics but some expatriates that he refused to disclose their indentity, in as much as police brutality is very bad but withholding information on some foreign visitors is also dangerous as the authorities could have been acting on a tip off.
no, I read the case then, the man sort for a warrant or they should simply get their required info from the NIS, but because it's all politics, they want to coerced him to release the info which he refused, that was when he was brutalized.
@all linking pmb with it, it's advisable you learn how to read before you know how to talk, it saves you from the claws of death.

1 Like

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by brainpulse: 8:41am On Mar 08, 2016
This was one of the atrocities perpetrated during the last administration by Jonathan's DSS.

2 Likes

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by dustydee: 8:45am On Mar 08, 2016
adehsenior:
Read, learn to read. Be slow to jump into conclusions. This happened in April last year.

5 Likes

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by AustineE1: 8:52am On Mar 08, 2016
brainpulse:
This was one of the atrocities perpetrated during the last administration by Jonathan's DSS.
This happened in 2015,whats is the business of DSS with expatriate medical personels coming to Anambra state to offer free medical treatment.
Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by omofunaab(m): 9:00am On Mar 08, 2016
Some people can't read properly ..it's a pity but we know those who can't

1 Like

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by vedaxcool(m): 9:00am On Mar 08, 2016
Nwokoye and his wife, Jessica, were in April, 2015 allegedly brutalised by men of the DSS, leaving one of Nwokoye’s eyes badly affected.

Many sympathizers of corruption would read this part, gej corrupt decadent dss acting illegally.
Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by Addme: 9:00am On Mar 08, 2016
When you read some comments above, you will see the reason why mass failures is prominent in our schools.

1 Like

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by nenergy(m): 9:03am On Mar 08, 2016
adehsenior:
April APC? , 2015 o!

1 Like

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by nenergy(m): 9:04am On Mar 08, 2016
SMARTKOSSY:
Daura Secret Service...mtchew
Daura? 2015 o!

2 Likes

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by nenergy(m): 9:05am On Mar 08, 2016
Exmay:
My People perish for lack of Reading culture.
What will it cost a so called youth to take less than 2mins to read and comprehend an article before commenting?

GEJ was still @ the helm of affairs as @ April 2015. So all glory and condemnation of the period should be channelled to Him....
You're wise! You're Attentive. An issue of 2015 o, they're blaming Buhari grin

2 Likes

Re: Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner by adehsenior(m): 10:09am On Mar 08, 2016
Sanchez01:

You know, it wouldn't kill you if you read the piece. You should have read the article before lashing the APC and Buhari. The DSS then was viciously used a weapon of intimidation. The man in question is an ex-Buhari campaigner. I sincerely hope you understand the summary now.

I read and understood the whole piece brother, whether he's an ex-buhari or present buhari campaigner, the question is why use the daura secret service to intimidate people, abi person no get right again?
Mchewwww

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Inaugurates Anambra Governorship Election Campaign Committee / TIMELINE: Bad Fuel, Foul Fuel, Off-Spec — Nigeria’s History With Bad Petrol / Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.