Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,813 members, 7,806,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja (6097 Views)

Woman Returns N12 Million Naira She Found At MM Aiport Toilet / Assumed Legalized Bribery By The Nigerian Immigration At Mm Airport / Best & Fastest Route To Lagos Local Airport On Arrival From Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by 2tait: 11:21am On Jul 17, 2009
The tollgate at the Murtala Mohammed Local Airport Ikeja Lagos is apparently the most expensive toll gate in Nigeria. The minimum toll is N100.

Apart from the fare, the toll has worsened the traffic situation on that road. These days road users spend an average of about one hour especially in the evenings on the road (short distance).

Several things may have caused the unusual delays including the traffic (actually it is the delay that causes the traffic), the bump at the gate is a bit too high, etc.

The Airport authorities and the management of the tollgate should look into this seriously.

Please share your experiences at the toll gate here.
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by DisGuy: 11:51am On Jul 17, 2009
And it's not like they are using the money to develop the road and improve security

Airport users and air travellers in the country are complaining of the large potholes in the car park of the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos.

Commuters and taxi owners have said that the deep holes, which seem to have worsened since the onset of the rainy season, damage their vehicles.

"How will I say it to my friends that my bumper was disfigured at the airport's basin-hole-filled car park?" said Stanley Chijioke, a car owner who was at the airport to receive his friend who arrived the country [from abroad].

He noted that the money collected at the park's entrance is not visible at the park, stressing that the airport authorities need to do more to address the infrastructural problems at the nation's premier airport.

"For crying loud this is an international airport, and you don't expect us to pay at the gate just to come and have our vehicles smashed, or have or tyres punctured," he said.

234Next
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by DOW(m): 1:59pm On Jul 17, 2009
Nigeriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by mrperfect(m): 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2009
I am opinion I don't think that toll gate is relevant or even needed compare to un wanted situation is causing to the people.
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by rasputinn(m): 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2009
2tait:

The tollgate at the Murtala Mohammed Local Airport Ikeja Lagos is apparently the most expensive toll gate in Nigeria. The minimum toll is N100.

I think you mean the toll gate at the International airport
Those guys are so rudely unprofessional,they're more interested in how they can skim something on the side than on collecting the tolls quickly so the traffic can flow freely
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by sley4life(m): 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2009
The fare is expensive. The FG shuld bring it down
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by otukpo(f): 4:14pm On Jul 17, 2009
The fare is too expensive. I dont know what they use the money for but i think they are just exploiting the users and God help u, u try to argue with the toll collectors for anything at all, b4 u know it, their towing van will be in-front of ur vehicle.
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by ohaechesi(m): 4:58pm On Jul 17, 2009
well in Niga, you need to apply code to survive. i always apply my code whenever i get to that airport road/Ikeja toll gate. with my code, while others are paying exorbitantly to cross, the collectors will be begging me for 20naira only, you go fear fear. Una need the code grin grin grin
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by kok(m): 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2009
I supposed the toll is meant to take care of the roads, but the roads keep get worst!
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by hilli666(m): 5:52pm On Jul 17, 2009
Not bad.
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by presido1: 6:55pm On Jul 18, 2009
ohaechesi:

well in Niga, you need to apply code to survive. i always apply my code whenever i get to that airport road/Ikeja toll gate. with my code, while others are paying exorbitantly to cross, the collectors will be begging me for 20naira only, you go fear fear. Una need the code grin grin grin
Yeah I use to apply some code yrs back, One day the code nearly backfired but i stood my ground.
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 18, 2009
presido1:

Yeah I use to apply some code yrs back, One day the code nearly backfired but i stood my ground.
ohaechesi:

lol, AIRFORCE BASE!! NTA OFFICIALS!! grin grin
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by chic2pimp(m): 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2009
make una leave dem alone jor shey dey no go chop grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy. Una no sey na naija be that any thimg na money making skim. If dey fit charge u for taking a shit trust ma ppl dey go do am. grin grin grin
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by manny4life(m): 4:40am On Jul 19, 2009
chic2pimp:

make una leave dem alone jor shey dey no go chop grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy. Una no sey na naija be that any thimg na money making skim. If dey fit charge u for taking a shit trust ma ppl dey go do am. grin grin grin

That is called extortion. You know my mom was telling me about some horrible things about MMA on international travelers especially those carrying a good amount of luggages on arrival. I mean this is really pathetic and should not be encouraged at all.
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 19, 2009
My people i have heard your cry. Weep no more, all you have to do is to vote for Kingsley Modo come 2011 and i will look into this matter.
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by dominique(f): 1:13pm On Jul 19, 2009
who the heck is kingsley modo
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by Tamrat: 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2009
Hi all. My own concern is the aiport officials who demand huge sums of money at checking in and checking out. 6 wks ago i was charged 1,000 for carrying foodstuff out of Nigeria. Does anybody av anything to say?
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by blackmann(m): 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2009
It's the same price in Abuja so why are u all complaining?
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 19, 2009
Are there still these monsters? I thought they went away with Obasanjo. People pull them down urselves.
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by magragold(m): 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2009
The toll fare of N100 is the least of the sins of the management of Federal Airports Authority Of Nigeria(FAAN). Sometime last year, they "created" a garage for all commercial vehicles plying the International Airport Road. Some faceless members of Management "contracted" the collection of tolls at this abominable garage to a faceless organisation called African Center for Economic & Strategic Studies(ACESS), LOOK AT THE NAME OF THE FACELESS GROUP shocked!, what has economic and strategic studies got to do with logistics/transport management? angry

As if that is not enough, they collect at least N700 daily from commercial bus drivers, yet the garage is impassable, non-motorable and an eye sore, obviously this is another official racket by a cabal. The problem of this country is that we have people in positions of service that are educated but un-enlightened smiley grin angry sad shocked
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by kemofash20: 10:44pm On Jul 19, 2009
actuall the toll is not to maintain d road faan built the road btw intl and local airpor and did not force anybody to pass it u can go ahead nd pass oshodi that was how it is suppose to be it is faans road so dey decide wat toll to take
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by Nezan(m): 1:14pm On Jul 20, 2009
ferdiii:

Are there still these monsters? I thought they went away with Obasanjo. People pull them down urselves.
grin
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by diehard1: 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2009
ferdiii:

if you de stay for lekki axis wait and see. They want to erect three monsters after the road construction grin
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by mamagee3(f): 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2009
Nigeria is getting worse everyday
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by redsun(m): 9:32am On Jul 21, 2009
Nigerians are corruptly obsessed,split the country into even family groups,you still have the dog eat dogs altitude.
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by Nezan(m): 10:53am On Jul 21, 2009
redsun:

Nigerians are corruptly obsessed,split the country into even family groups,you still have the dog eat dogs altitude.
grin grin
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by 2tait: 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2009
kemofash20:

actuall the toll is not to maintain d road faan built the road btw intl and local airpor and did not force anybody to pass it u can go ahead nd pass oshodi that was how it is suppose to be it is faans road so dey decide wat toll to take

FAAN owns the road? Who owns FAAN? I guess the Federal Government, the Nigerian public.
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by simplychic(f): 12:51pm On Jul 21, 2009
They are collecting the toll so as to minimize the traffic on that road since the road leads to the international airport besides FAAN contrated that place to a company and the company is the one collecting that fee.I have had quite some numbers of funny expiriences there but what can one do.
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by Spyker: 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2009
This is the same every in Port Harcourt Int'l Airport, Nnamdi Azikiwe Int,l Airport, Abuja. This sort of thing only happens in Nigeria, No where else.

Naija, Na wa oh. Even poorer nations do better than us.
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 23, 2009
I heard ( not sure) that their is a man in nigeria in charge of the toll gate. He is supposed to remit N10 million to FAAN at the end of the month and the rest of the money goes into his pockets.
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by deb(m): 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2009
The fare is expensive. The FG shuld bring it down

Does FG care about you?
Re: That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja by kalujohn: 8:08pm On Jul 30, 2009
Cell phone Survey Email Submit, Incent OK, Cash/Point sites OK
This Email Submit pays on first page ALL TRAFFIC WELCOME INCENTIVIZED OK CASH/POINTS OK HIGH EPC MADE FOR VOLUME TRAFFIC
<a href="http://www.dnelist.com/u/1a068de48fa97a56ca9e69bdba0e2b5015">

Game Show Survey Email Submit, Incent OK, Cash/Point sites OK
This Email Submit pays on first page ALL TRAFFIC WELCOME INCENTIVIZED OK CASH/POINTS OK HIGH EPC MADE FOR VOLUME TRAFFIC
<a href="http://www.dnelist.com/u/2fde4c987affdb4102e5807c152a2e0015">

Home Depot vs Lowes Email Submit, Incent OK, Cash/Point sites OK
<a href="http://www.dnelist.com/u/aa94b511528a93d6204a4d3edcecf6b315">

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalanders In Finland Please Share Your Experiece / California, United States Of America / Anyone In Toronto For Hangout (canada)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.