Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! (27144 Views)

A Copy Of The Controversial Social Media Bill (photo) / Senate Clarifies Social Media Bill Rumours / Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Candyrain(m): 1:13pm On Mar 08, 2016
lyntiffany:
grin grin grin you dey look for trouble o!
Bub's akpa Ihe (amu). cheesy Sucre rain abi na candyrain make I run comot before some guys go ask for my head.

Nne oga has joined for the matter

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by fearlesschicken: 1:27pm On Mar 08, 2016
some people on this thread lack manners and are very silly....

We are talking about freedom of speech here and you lots decided to politicise the matter because of the person who put this thread.

like what the freaking hell Cant Nairalanders be sensible for once? So what if the op is Apc? is that the bone of contention now?

What good has Apc and pdp done for the country? if not turn people into mindless beast fighting each other while they enjoy and the masses suffer.

Instead of talking about ways to stop this useless bill from taking place you are talking about the person who wrote the thread.

mstewww.....Nigerians and their misplaced priorities! undecided angry

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by iamrealdeji(m): 1:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
Seun:
We need to do everything within our power to stop this bill. Please send your disapproving tweets to @bukolasaraki on Twitter to help this fight.
ok,we'll do boss

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by iamrealdeji(m): 1:49pm On Mar 08, 2016
fearlesschicken:

We are talking about freedom of speech here and you lots decided to politicise the matter because of the person who put this thread.

like what the freaking hell Cant Nairalanders be sensible for once? So what if the op is Apc? is that the bone of contention now?

What good has Apc and pdp done for the country? if not turn people into mindless beast fighting each other while they enjoy and the masses suffer.

Instead of talking about ways to stop this useless bill from taking place you are talking about the person who wrote the thread.

some people are so silly,i don't know what APC or PDP got to do with us,these people don't even care about us,all they care about is their parties and their pockets

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by fearlesschicken: 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2016
iamrealdeji:
some people are so silly,i don't know what APC or PDP got to do with us,these people don't even care about us,all they care about is their parties and their pockets

Exactly!! I don't know when Nigerians will finally rise and smell the coffee. Both parties are dubious. Two sides from the same cheek.

The two parties have created a big rift and increased the rate of hatred among people of different tribes while they eat and smile at us.

It is high time, we rise as a nation start to stone this politicians and stop treating them like gods. For example, this case we got of the social media bill....we need to act fast and stand.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by joseph1832(m): 2:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
fearlesschicken:

Please freedom of speech doesn't translate to freedom not to mind your business!

Take a look at these bloggers and what they've been doing online, making sensational stories of people's personal lives and making money out of it, you call that freedom of speech/expression!.

To be candid, I want social media to be censored, and its users should be registered, so we will know who is saying who and why, not hide under anonymity and cause madness and call it freedom of expression.

There should be course and effect system, as a way to check and balance what people say, the courts should be made to allow people get sued when they commit slander and libel. LINDA IKEJI is number one!. And of course, when they plagiarize.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
APC and BUHARI is secretly behind this bill and pushing it.

If they cant face criticism, let them resign and retire to their villages.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Nossa(m): 3:38pm On Mar 08, 2016
SleekMallam:

Sure. Nairaland is also at risk.

their SocialMediaBill is strictly their problem, I go speak my mind anytime, anything wey wan happen make e happen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by bigt2(m): 3:53pm On Mar 08, 2016
They can't catch them . People would open accounts for that specifically and my ip wouldn't be traceable. wink
Lol. With this vpn and other ways I won't snitch about, it's going to be a white elephant project.
On the other hand, it will change the mindset of some to hacking, and create more jobs to e-policemen grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by SycophanticGoat: 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2016
johnwizey:
Some of our so called legislators are silly, dat nonsense bill should not be passed cos its disadvantages far outweigh its advantages. Trying to silence the citizens in order not to call dem out and put dem in check is absurd. Even if it is passed, i'm sure PMB won't sign it. Though i dont support insulting our leaders, but many of dem actually deserve it.

Hope Senator Common Sense is watching

You must be dreaming and joking at the same time. Mumuhammado Mumuharri the killer of democracy, the most tyrannical dictator we have ever had and the killer of the media, you say no go sign wetin? Abi na him go spearhead am self... SmH for you angry undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by guttentag(m): 4:43pm On Mar 08, 2016
I support the bill
Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Hysmady(m): 4:45pm On Mar 08, 2016
lyntiffany:
Am I surprised that Mynd44 is the carrier of this virus-tic information? SMH for him, gradually his saving up for the wailers form.
Damn! shocked U wanna make a grown man cry cus of ur booth!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Adisa89(m): 4:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
Seun:
We need to do everything within our power to stop this bill. Please send your disapproving tweets to @bukolasaraki on Twitter to help this fight.
And what difference would that make?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by abbey621(m): 4:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
Let us all reason as intelligent people here instead of panicking. There's no way they can enforce such a law in Nigeria. In a country where the government cannot track it's citizens, does not know the actual number of people living in a certain demographic; how then can we expect such a law to be enforced. Anyone can go online and post without revealing their identity, this is easily done by tunneling, use of TOR, VPN and so on. I doubt if the Nigerian government even have a capable cybersecurity defense team, this is nothing but an act to instill fear into the heart of Nigerians and it's nothing short of bogus!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by TruthHurts1(m): 4:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
Oga common sense, don't let this happen on your watch.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Ejanla07: 4:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
Candyrain:

Nne oga has joined for the matter

Dem wan make we help dem sustain thr business.

Lai lai. Dat Bill go work.

Someone is scared of going out of business. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Raziii(m): 4:47pm On Mar 08, 2016
to imagine this bill is being sponsored by the senators that call themselves the progressives says alot of our present state. I am beginning to believe we were fooled by the APC!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by baralatie(m): 4:48pm On Mar 08, 2016
SleekMallam:
Such an irony the same media Apc exploited with all manner of demonic propaganda is that which they seek to block!
And the APC supporters are keeping mute!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by kennysteve77: 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2016
If this is true, I'll urge all internet-savvy Nigerians, particularly Nairalanders to shout against this bill... I'm an IT person who has worked in the legal industry for close to a decade. I have gathered that in Nigeria, the law is mostly used as a whip to penalize someone with opposing views. If this bill is passed into law, the government of the day will always find a legal means to victimize anyone who is not on their side... #freedomofexpression

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by erusen: 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2016
Seun:
stop the bill,why?I like this change.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by lyntiffany(f): 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2016
Hysmady:
Damn! shocked U wanna make a grown man cry cus of ur booth!
who is the grown man? And what is booth cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by flokii: 4:50pm On Mar 08, 2016
Wailers won't like this fa... grin

no more Buhari Dull*rrd and stuffs like that

meaning ya'll will have to remain silent till thy kingdom come... kikikiii cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by gbens2000(m): 4:50pm On Mar 08, 2016
Just passing by(siping my Alomo gently and jaming mi new mixtape illegal music 3)we ask for it now we are getting it.ese baba for life today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Chairmanship: Wike Owes No Apology To South-west - Ogunlewe / Soludo, Uba, Ozigbo Hug One Another At Anambra Governorship Debate (Pics, Video) / Train Attack: We Will Start Killing Kidnapped Passengers In 7 Days — Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.