Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,883 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! (27141 Views)

A Copy Of The Controversial Social Media Bill (photo) / Senate Clarifies Social Media Bill Rumours / Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Ejanla07: 6:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
dustydee:

Nah!, there's not much wrong with the bill, it is just nairaland rules 2, 3, and 8 on steroids.

I tire o. Why the hypocrisy. Let's start from nairaland. Cancel nairaland rules. Then we 're talking

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Ejanla07: 6:04pm On Mar 08, 2016
shammah1:
Hmmm Seun. We are against it. You have a celebrity here. Kindly check my signature for more details... Will like us to work together smiley

Celebrity. Lol. U keep trying but we hardly notice u why
Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by luke10: 6:05pm On Mar 08, 2016
johnwizey:
Some of our so called legislators are silly, dat nonsense bill should not be passed cos its disadvantages far outweigh its advantages. Trying to silence the citizens in order not to call dem out and put dem in check is absurd. Even if it is passed, i'm sure PMB won't sign it. Though i dont support insulting our leaders, but many of dem actually deserve it.

Hope Senator Common Sense is watching
You are as **** as Buhari? Why do you do you think that barbarian call Bihari will not sign it? I expect you to know that Buhari is the most sensless and foolish animal president so far since independence?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by onatisi(m): 6:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
bugzbunny:
What did u expect wen u voted buhari....
Be honest....
Wat did u expect...
To have freedom of speech?

Dont mind the them ,we warned them repeatedly about buhari and his infamous decree 2 ,and his intolerance for opposition critics ,instead they kept shouting change change ,sai Baba sai Baba. I can't wait for buhari to start whipping Nigerians with koboko

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Malawian(m): 6:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
joseph1832:
Please freedom of speech doesn't translate to freedom not to mind your business!

Take a look at these bloggers and what they've been doing online, making sensational stories of people's personal lives and making money out of it, you call that freedom of speech/expression!.

To be candid, I want social media to be censored, and its users should be registered, so we will know who is saying who and why, not hide under anonymity and cause madness and call it freedom of expression.

There should be course and effect system, as a way to check and balance what people say, the courts should be made to allow people get sued when they commit slander and libel. LINDA IKEJI is number one!. And of course, when they plagiarize.
if you focus on your grammar, you will be fine in a few years time.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by joseph1832(m): 6:13pm On Mar 08, 2016
Malawian:

if you focus on your grammar, you will be fine in a few years time.
And if you focus on common sense, you'll be drinking with Ben Bruce.

Teacher no teach me nonsense. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by onatisi(m): 6:14pm On Mar 08, 2016
We warned Nigerians but majority were blinded by the demonic powers in the demonic broom

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2016
Ejanla07:

Do u kno how many of my post dat guy Don hide. I kno say him dey wait make I miss yarn so him go ban Me.
My brother I no think say they don ban you reach me oooo. Be like say all my posts get auto-ban ontop am. Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by DauraDullardo(m): 6:21pm On Mar 08, 2016
flokii:
Wailers won't like this fa... grin

no more Buhari Dull*rrd and stuffs like that

meaning ya'll will have to remain silent till thy kingdom come... kikikiii cheesy
And when Buhari goes, what next?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by drss(m): 6:21pm On Mar 08, 2016
wetin concern me no be una say PDP destroy nigeria make una enjoy una change.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Afroconnect: 6:25pm On Mar 08, 2016
Freedom of expression is our undeniable right. These politicians should know that they are there to serve us.

We must fight against this...these politicians should know that laws they enact today will affect them when they leave their political office.

These political players should know that repression only breeds frustration and violence. If people can not express themselves,you will force them to use force inevitably,because the People hold the power. No one group or person can determine our collective faith,but we must be able to express dissatisfaction,when those we Elected to serve us are not doing it right. Look at America,Obama is always appealing to their will,all political parties in Europe are striving to appeal to the people by pursuing People policies. Still millions of Americans are online abusing the day lights out of him and expressing their will and position. It is a democracy, we voted you in,you don't tell us not to talk. We,the people have the power-Democracy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by drss(m): 6:26pm On Mar 08, 2016
onatisi:
We warned Nigerians but majority were blinded by the demonic powers in the demonic broom
no mind dem. make dem enjoy dem change.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by DauraDullardo(m): 6:27pm On Mar 08, 2016
nasha1:
this country is losing it day by day.
how did we reach here?
By voting Buhari and his gang of desperadoes.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by onatisi(m): 6:34pm On Mar 08, 2016
Afroconnect:

We must fight against this...these politicians should know that laws they enact today will affect them when they leave their political office.

Please who and who are the "we" you mentioned

Abeg count intelligent Nigerians out of such a senseless fight. Those that voted for apc and campaigned for then as if apx will be feeding them should do the fighting.
After all it is all about change grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Optofrank: 6:34pm On Mar 08, 2016
An Ex-President signed FOI( Freedom of Information). while current President want to gag us with social media bills. Lets see how this goes.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by DauraDullardo(m): 6:35pm On Mar 08, 2016
dustydee:
Nah!, there's not much wrong with the bill, it is just nairaland rules 2, 3, and 8 on steroids.
Rule 9 as amended tops the bill.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by musicwriter(m): 6:36pm On Mar 08, 2016
Any day this bill becomes law the government would realize there're many ways to post comment online anonymously.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by mrrock: 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2016
We warned you!. I made a post here on Nairaland before the elections to warn you that Buhari plans banning Facebook, Twitter, when elected. Even Nairaland is not out of the question.

See https://www.nairaland.com/2126732/buhari-ban-facebook-twitter-nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Emmathem(m): 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2016
Change in the air ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Afroconnect: 6:43pm On Mar 08, 2016
onatisi:

Please who and who are the "we" you mentioned

Abeg count intelligent Nigerians out of such a senseless fight. Those that voted for apc and campaigned for then as if apx will be feeding them should do the fighting.
After all it is all about change grin
You zombie,a society is never static-the people must not embrace any politician. Any one not working for us,for our benefits must be fought against.
Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by happney65: 6:44pm On Mar 08, 2016
omolola15 i guess we are wailers for this too abi?Yeye people..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by madridsta007(m): 6:47pm On Mar 08, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by blaxx: 6:51pm On Mar 08, 2016
when the hunter only knows how to shoot perched birds, the birds will fly without perching.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by laprince(m): 7:02pm On Mar 08, 2016
Seun:
We need to do everything within our power to stop this bill. Please send your disapproving tweets to @bukolasaraki on Twitter to help this fight.

Hehehehehehehehehe
hahahahahahahahaha
hohohohohohohohoho

We want it oo, at least, there would be no need to ban Ipob, since they would maintain themselves.

For me, its a welcomed development.
Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Misterdhee1(m): 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2016
We need less STRINGENT bill to SANITIZE our social media.. Alot of absurdities are being propelled these days through Social Media.. A perfect Example is that of the self acclaimed 'Igbos', on this forum..
Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 08, 2016
PresVA:
I get your point, honestly. . The way bloggers peddle lies and abuse leaders without respect is so outrageous. ..

But then, I don't really support the bill... still want to be enjoying PDP vs APC drama on nairaland grin grin
Gbammmmmmm 1000likes for you for the pdp vs apc part.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Dangerous Social Media Bill Is Back. Help! by dandollaz: 7:28pm On Mar 08, 2016
Hv a lot to say but to avoid banning arrest my case.it started here on nairaland banning biafra.just sitdon dey look.obidogo kwa...e don start tyrant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Chairmanship: Wike Owes No Apology To South-west - Ogunlewe / Massive Crowd Turnout As Omoyele Sowore Campaign At Lagos Airport / Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.