Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think (3095 Views)

Best Books You've Read This Year? / Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? / Anybody Ever Read Mary Higgins Clark's - What Do You Think Of Her Books? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by dobzzy(f): 1:13pm On Jul 17, 2009
Which Mary Higgins Clark's books have you read and what do you think of it? I've read "A Stranger is Watching" plus a couple others and they are very interesting.
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2009
I am amazed when I ask people about her and they don't seem to have heard about her not to talk of reading her novels. She is a wonderful writer and my best anyday. I've read A Cry in the Night,
No Place Like Home,
Loves Music, Loves to Dance,
The Anastasia Syndrome and other Stories,
While my Pretty One Sleeps.
I've read some more that I can't even remember their titles. I'm going to start reading I'll be Seeing You now.
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by dobzzy(f): 10:50am On Jul 27, 2009
omotee4u:

I am amazed when I ask people about her and they don't seem to have heard about her not to talk of reading her novels.
Yes, she is indeed a wonderful writer. Have read those you mentioned and you'll also enjoy I'll be Seeing You.
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by slimslim: 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2009
Mary Higgins Clark is a wonderful writer.

I have read a whole lot of them:
Weep No More, My Lady
Let me call you sweetheart
I'll be seeing you
Two little girls in blue
Love music, loves to dance
Remember me
Anastastia Syndrome and other stories
A stranger is watching
While my pretty one sleeps
The children are missing, (or something familiar)
Night time is my time
A cry in the night.
Silent Night
Second time around,

And many more,

I have a collection of them. There are some I have not even read. Quite Interesting.
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by Tatase(f): 10:37am On Jul 28, 2009
I used to read a lot of her stuff and her daughter's (Carol Higgins Clark's) a few years ago not so much recently. A few of her books were made into movies (right now I remember Let Me Call You Sweetheart and Moonlight Becomes You but I definitely watched others) which they used to show on Hallmark when Hallmark actually used to show movies b4 all this McCleod's Daughters and other random ish.

I liked her books. Her daughter writes similar books (suspense) but her books tends to be funnier, lighter-hearted, and a little less dramatic.
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by queenesthr(f): 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2011
Her books are good but I don't quite fancy the psychotic characters she always writes about.
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by chioma134: 10:21pm On Aug 16, 2011
omotee4u:

I am amazed when I ask people about her and they don't seem to have heard about her not to talk of reading her novels. She is a wonderful writer and my best anyday. I've read A Cry in the Night,
No Place Like Home,
The Anastasia Syndrome and other Stories,
While my Pretty One Sleeps.
I've read some more that I can't even remember their titles. I'm going to start reading I'll be Seeing You now.
U're right. I stumbled on her books by accident and have read a few,like
You belong to me
Moonlight becomes you
Remember me
There r very few authors I re-read their novels,and she's one of them.
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by sashaa(f): 12:06am On Aug 17, 2011
She is a great writer. I've read a couple of her books but i think d last i read was
love music, love to dance
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by N101: 12:41am On Aug 17, 2011
I've heard of her but rarely read fiction, even less of romantic fiction.
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by 2sign: 7:50am On Aug 17, 2011
I'm a huge sandra brown fan.can't do without reading her books and sidney sheldon.I'm a huge sandra brown fan.can't do without reading her books and sidney sheldon.
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 17, 2011
OMG!!! A mary higgins clark thread? I've finally come home. Wow that woman is d ish. I've read virtually all her books. There's dis guy i buy second hand books from, he allows me to exchange them when i'm thru. I was able to read them all save a few she co-authored with her daughter carol.
My best is 'you belong to me', and 'two little girls in blue'.
I so love her books.
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by queenesthr(f): 9:39am On Aug 17, 2011
N101:

I've heard of her but rarely read fiction, even less of romantic fiction.

Mary Higgins Clark does not write romantic fiction. Her books are mostly mystery, murder and detective. Don't be deceived by her choice of titles.
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by PeeBee: 9:57am On Aug 17, 2011
I've read about five of her books though i cant remember their titles. She's very good and her suspense is amazing.
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by dadicvila(m): 10:53am On Aug 17, 2011
cant forget THE CRADLE WILL FALL, dr hailey and dr fukito, hahahaha, i turned my best frnd when i was in school to a novel freak with that book, i hav read 30
% of her books,she writes so well,DANEILLE STEEL 1st,MARY HIGGINS 2nd,SANDRA BROWN 3rd,dats my rating
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by maxygirl(f): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2011
Her books are so niceeeeeeeeeeee. i am reading one now- all around the world, have read alot and would still read more
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by joanana(f): 11:27am On Aug 18, 2011
I love her novels cos its like reading Sidney Sheldon's Novels-( RIP) cry embarassed. Mary Higgins Clark's books that i have read are:

The Cradle will Fall
The Second Time Around
Before i Say Goodbye
Remember Me
A cry in the Night
You Belong to me
Pretend you don't see her
Moonlight becomes you
Silent Night
I ill be seeing you

But my Best Author is Sidney Sheldon,  no dull moments while reading his books. Its like watching a movie  grin
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by tytie: 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2011
I sooooooooo luv Mary Higgins (next to John Grisham anyway). Her books that I've read are:

The Cradle will Fall
The Second Time Around
Before i Say Goodbye
Remember Me
A cry in the Night
You Belong to me
Pretend you don't see her
Moonlight becomes you
The Anastasia Syndrome and other Stories
Silent Night
I'll be seeing you
No Place Like Home
He sees you when u're sleeping
Two little girls in Blue
Daddy's little girl
Weep No More, My Lady
My Gal Sunday.
Night Time is my time
Where are the children
On the street where you live
Stillwatch
The lottery winner All around

Oh I'm so excited, I could go on and on and on, I read twanged by carol Higgins but didn't enjoy it that much.
Re: Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think by Pweety4me(f): 5:54pm On Aug 18, 2011
^^Hmm you make me feel like wanting to read a book.

(1) (Reply)

The elements : Knights and Warlords / Every Word Is An Acronym (define Words) / My Neighbour's Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.