Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,090 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:43 AM

Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? (2787 Views)

My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family / Angry Woman Places ‘smelling Vagina’ Curse On Lady Who Slept With Her Husband / Sisters-In-Law: Why Do They Change So? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by Theblessed(f): 2:25pm On Jul 17, 2009
Positive and negative stories about sisters in-law abound like that of mothers in-law, but how nice is yours? An achiever, a blessing or a curse to the family?
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by Ben13: 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2009
hmmm. . .three of 'em have been nice.
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by damiso(f): 2:44pm On Jul 17, 2009
Mine is really nice as she is the only gal and takes me as the sister she never had.As i dont have a mother-in-law,i am happy that we get along very well.My hubby is even always jealous and just passes the land line to me when she calls cos he knows she is not calling to speak to him.She is also like that with my bro in law's wife.

I hope to have that kind of relationship with my younger brother's wife in the future cos i do not see the reason why some women are bitchy and nasty to their sis-in-laws undecided.
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by Fhemmmy: 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2009
It could be whatever, y'all make it to be.
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by 3Line(m): 3:16pm On Jul 17, 2009
@ Post.

Mine has been a blessing in all ramification. i think this yoruba proverb is correct "Iyawo buruku se fee, ana buruku ni ko se ni"

Cheers.
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by iice(f): 6:21pm On Jul 17, 2009
Blessing!!!
I love her with all my heart.  I am so happy that she is part of the family.  I considered her that after the first few years anyway.  Strong, principled, capable, loving, a real soldier, loyal, kind.  .  .i have not enough words to describe her.  Never thought i would get along with another female tongue  She set a standard that only few have been able to come close to kiss kiss
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by ifyalways(f): 6:40pm On Jul 17, 2009
iice:

Blessing!!!
I love her with all my heart. I am so happy that she is part of the family. I considered her that after the first few years anyway. Strong, principled, capable, loving, a real soldier, loyal, kind. . .i have not enough words to describe her. Never thought i would get along with another female tongue She set a standard that only few have been able to come close to kiss kiss

Are u talking abt my SIL? lol
@Topic,biggggg Blessing.Love them all,3 of them,all married,no unnecessary pokenosing but their wonderful advices and kind words come in handy. kiss kiss
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 17, 2009
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by Fhemmmy: 7:07pm On Jul 17, 2009
chaircover:

I loooooove my sister-in-laws.

My hubby is the last born & is the baby of the family so they spoil us.

I have learnt so much from them, they are lovely women. They treat me like their daughters and I love spending time with them.
Always full of good advice on a whole range of topics. They are like blood sisters to me & I always feel free to discuss anything with them. My dear husband doesn’t get a look in when we chat on the phone/see.

They look after me very well and are always giving me gifts. Over ¾ of my 18 carat gold collection are gifts from my Sisters.
I know I am very blessed to have them & wouldn’t wish for better sister-in-laws.

There is love in sharing oh, so send me some of the gold now.
God loves the cheerful giver.
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2009
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by Ejadamen(f): 8:54pm On Jul 17, 2009
I have 4 sisters-in-law and i can't say we're close. I love them all and they love me. We relate well enough but not the closeness i'm reading here. Maybe it's the physical distance.
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by Fhemmmy: 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2009
chaircover:

Femi that is the only thing you saw in my post . . . .if I catch you there grin

na the thing person want, him dey read now.
Share the gold now, i fit beg your husband to let u share as well.
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by mamagee3(f): 10:43pm On Jul 17, 2009
DUMB QUESTION COMING FROM A DUMB POSTER. angry
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by IGWEUSA(m): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2009
mama-gee:

ROTFLMAO !!  grin
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by Theblessed(f): 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2009
mama-gee:

[size=16pt]Well, if this is all you can contribute to this innocent post, that's equally good and for that I say:

'Satan get thee behind me' in the Name of Jesus Christ I bind you, your evil thoughts and intentions and all your supporters on here now, and for-ever, Amen! Halelujah, in Jesus Name, Amen, Amen and Amen!!![/size]
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by TheSeeker(m): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2009
Sister-in-law? I'm not married yet, but I have a lot of people who are married around me. Some could be a blessing, some are just the root of chaotic existence in some families. Some are just evil, while some are like angels.
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by mamagee3(f): 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2009
Theblessed:

[size=16pt]Well, if this is all you can contribute to this innocent post, that's equally good and for that I say:

'Satan get thee behind me' in the Name of Jesus Christ I bound you, your evil thoughts and intentions and all your supporters on here now, and for-ever, Amen! Halelujah, in Jesus Name, Amen, Amen and Amen!!![/size]

And you Satan get behind us all and stop condemning our family members, Amen and Amen. angry
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by Theblessed(f): 6:54pm On Jul 18, 2009
[size=14pt]God Bless all My Sisters with Positive contributions on this topic.

Its been an eye opener.  I am about to be made a sister inlaw, I can't wait to be blessed with one like yours, and if I happen to get a not so good one, so be it - that's life. 

Thanks and keep posting! [/size]
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by iice(f): 8:12am On Jul 19, 2009
Theblessed:

[size=14pt]God Bless all My Sisters with Positive contributions on this topic.

Its been an eye opener.  I am about to be made a sister inlaw, I can't wait to blessed with one like you all, and if I happens to get a not so good one, so be it - that's life. 

Thanks and keep posting! [/size]

If you already have a good rapport with her, it stands that it would all be good.

People used to think that i wouldn't approve of any woman for my brothers because we are all very close. But it's not about loosing a brother but gaining a sister and one who would treat and love my brother as he so rightly and richly deserves.

Bless you!
Re: Sisters In-law - a blessing or a curse? by dominique(f): 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2009
awwww you guys are making me wish i have SILs already embarassed cry

mama-gee:

what's the basis of your dumb conclusion?

(1) (Reply)

What Can U Guy Say About This Woman‘s Action In This Pics / The Emmanuel Adebayor's Family Crisis Part 2&3 / Over All The IVF Process Has Been A Good One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.