Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) (83144 Views)

Female Graduate Who Sells Fruit In Benue (Photo) / Female Graduate Hawks Food In Abuja (Photos) / Helina Gbadegesin, A Female Graduate Who Is A Carpenter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by danxzy: 10:18pm On Mar 08, 2016
That's nice bcux heaven help those whom help themselves
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Akachukwuvic(m): 10:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
am sure she's not destined to be a taxi driver.... pray she doesn't crash
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:23pm On Mar 08, 2016
Them plenty for lagos her own na car e even beta I done see women they drive Keke and truck like men for Lasigidi

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by fleps(m): 10:24pm On Mar 08, 2016
LastMumu:
So because she is driving a cab she thinks she is better than her counterparts earning 'peanuts' from accounting firms? undecided

Although I admire her spirit, I believe her viewpoint above is rather myopic.

Bro u just took it out of my mouth!

I admire her o! I love the spirit.

But if the glory is that she earns more than her counterparts, then purpose is defeated.

5 Likes

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by amokeme(f): 10:26pm On Mar 08, 2016
God bless your hustle dear...
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by amanze15(m): 10:27pm On Mar 08, 2016
atleast na woman dey drive on the most treacherous highway in the world undecided not a bg deal, doing something to make ends meet is the koko

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by LaurelP(m): 10:27pm On Mar 08, 2016
I know this girl. She graduated the same with me from UNN.
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by laprince(m): 10:30pm On Mar 08, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
This is for those still waiting for government to give them a job. Asakpa Aghogho Susan is a graduate of Accountancy from the University of Nsukka. She went job hunting after graduation and after months of combing the streets with no job to show for it, she decided to be self-employed. Today she is a cab driver in Abuja. Her friend who shared the inspiring story on facebook wrote;

Susan is a cab driver in Abuja. Yes, you heard me. She's a woman cabbie who's breaking barriers and challenging stereotypes.

An accountant who refused to stay home after graduation, she went job hunting. When that didn't work, she created one for herself. She discussed her plans with her father and with his help, got her car and started business.
"At the end of the month, I make more than my colleagues in those accounting firms that pay peanuts."

There are times when people turn down her services because she's a woman. They believe a woman cabbie is a joke. Some believe she can't drive as well as a man.
Some men and women often tell Susan to go home or find a "ladylike" job like sewing clothes or selling jewelry.

But Susan doesn't let that faze her. Each day, she straps on her seatbelt, shifts the gear stick into drive and accelerates into life.

I'm celebrating Susan today.
Happy ‪#‎InternationalWomensDay Amazon.
Together, we ‪#‎PledgeForParity

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/meet-susan-asakpa-stunning-female.html

She's privileged enough to even have a car.
if you don't have a car, would you drive?

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by flokii: 10:32pm On Mar 08, 2016
Memyselfu2009:
Them plenty for lagos her own na car e even beta I done see women they drive Keke and truck like men for Lasigidi

grin

I don see woman dey do conductor, one was driving LAWMA truck d other day

Lasgidi... home of struggle
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Rudboy360(m): 10:32pm On Mar 08, 2016
Young03:
All i c here is pure advertisment
You need to service your brain ASAP..it's decaying undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Strongbest(m): 10:39pm On Mar 08, 2016
I have a huge respect for her kind of person.......that's all I'm preaching everyday. The time to sit down at home and be waiting for a white collar job is gone. Just get busy, whatever it's; so long it's not anything bad.

www.nairaland.com/1798724/
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by freecocoa(f): 10:40pm On Mar 08, 2016
Duh!

And she's the first? Women are keke drivers talk more of cab.
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by lonelydora: 10:42pm On Mar 08, 2016
Please please and please, there is nothing like University of Nsukka. What we have is University of Nigeria, Nsukka. People keep making this mistake.

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by purpledferanmi1: 10:43pm On Mar 08, 2016
Young03:
But u will b d first to nail her to the cross if she were to b a LovePeddler.

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Bobbysmart6(m): 10:47pm On Mar 08, 2016
I love grlz wu dnt depend on som1 b4 she can feed.9ice one jare.jst send me ur account pin i wil share u somtnz.
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Strongbest(m): 10:47pm On Mar 08, 2016
freecocoa:
Duh!

And she's the first? Women are keke drivers talk more of cab.

Ma'am, it doesn't matter if she's the first or not. She needs to be praised and others like her, not just because she's a female cab driver but as a graduate who's not just sitting down at home waiting for a white collar job.

2 Likes

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Bobbysmart6(m): 10:48pm On Mar 08, 2016
lonelydora:
Please please and please, there is nothing like University of Nsukka. What we have is University of Nigeria, Nsukka. People keep making this mistake.
lol u dan vex?,no nack head 4 ground sowi

3 Likes

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Ben108: 10:52pm On Mar 08, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
This is for those still waiting for government to give them a job. Asakpa Aghogho Susan is a graduate of Accountancy from the University of Nsukka. She went job hunting after graduation and after months of combing the streets with no job to show for it, she decided to be self-employed. Today she is a cab driver in Abuja. Her friend who shared the inspiring story on facebook wrote;

Susan is a cab driver in Abuja. Yes, you heard me. She's a woman cabbie who's breaking barriers and challenging stereotypes.

An accountant who refused to stay home after graduation, she went job hunting. When that didn't work, she created one for herself. She discussed her plans with her father and with his help, got her car and started business.
"At the end of the month, I make more than my colleagues in those accounting firms that pay peanuts."

There are times when people turn down her services because she's a woman. They believe a woman cabbie is a joke. Some believe she can't drive as well as a man.
Some men and women often tell Susan to go home or find a "ladylike" job like sewing clothes or selling jewelry.

But Susan doesn't let that faze her. Each day, she straps on her seatbelt, shifts the gear stick into drive and accelerates into life.

I'm celebrating Susan today.
Happy ‪#‎InternationalWomensDay Amazon.
Together, we ‪#‎PledgeForParity

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/meet-susan-asakpa-stunning-female.html

Please it's University of Nigeria, Nsukka. And not University of Nsukka. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Olayinka777(m): 10:53pm On Mar 08, 2016
That's beautiful. I have not come across her though.
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by ninodaniel(m): 10:55pm On Mar 08, 2016
d only tin I admire is hw d seat belt crossed in btwn her b**bs

2 Likes

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by freecocoa(f): 10:56pm On Mar 08, 2016
Strongbest:

Ma'am, it doesn't matter if she's the first or not. She needs to be praised and others like her, not just because she's a female cab driver but as a graduate who's not just sitting down at home waiting for a white collar job.
You are not making any sense, what exactly are you praising her for? Who do you know that praises or encourages graduates to sit and wait for white collar jobs? Must everybody do the same job?
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Omobolaji20(m): 10:57pm On Mar 08, 2016
As much as i support been self employed! I totally disagree with her comment " ...peanut to those in accounting firm..."

Its not like she was not aware of the so called peanut before hunting in the first place.

I tell u, there is more joy in practicing what u learned in any formal settings like tertiary institution than branching to another thing whc is entirely different from what u are groomed for.

Stop badmouthing those still hunting! U are in no way better than them.

Besides, i do not share the same destiny with you.

I can be a millionaire tommorow with my peanut today!

Even the pride that accompany been called Accountant suffice!!!

Anyway, am happy for u! But stop badmouthing those dat are still on the street.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Ekakamba: 10:57pm On Mar 08, 2016
Nairaland - Abuja road

nickxtra:
I know and I have seen a lot female cab or taxi drivers in Abuja, but certainly, this face, I have never seen. Where does she ply?
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Bhella5(m): 11:02pm On Mar 08, 2016
phabulous88:

You just wasted the priceless FTC slot. Next time if you don't have anything sensible to say, just shut ur fvck up.

Kudos Susan!
No mind the idiotu
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by birdbrains(f): 11:02pm On Mar 08, 2016
Young03:
yeah! the HUSTLE is real.

don't forget to click my signature grin
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by lonelydora: 11:04pm On Mar 08, 2016
Bobbysmart6:
lol u dan vex?,no nack head 4 ground sowi

Mehn, I dey vex seriously. Imagine, abusing the name of my alma mater.
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by diva90: 11:05pm On Mar 08, 2016
Nice one! We don't see ladies like this any more. Most girls are now into the 'system' of acquiring fast money through spreading their legs. Nothing is as honorable as making genuine money

2 Likes

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by 2sexycom(m): 11:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
fleps:

Bro u just took it out of my mouth!

I admire her o! I love the spirit.

But if the glory is that she earns more than her counterparts, then purpose is defeated.
You know, when you folks talk like this, you just make me laugh. And who said she can't earn more than her counterparts? My uncle is currently one of the biggest transporter in Lagos, he never went to the UNIVERSITY like you did because the opportunity wasn't there. He bought his mansion for 200million. you read that? 200million. He built a school for his wife and it was MASSIVE. You have probably seen his bus before and if I mention it here, everyone will know his transport line.

But no guts, no glory.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 08, 2016
Wisdomkosi:
That's why I decided to acquire a skill before going to the university. To all those who think that's the best click like, those who disagree with me click share
See wen enter school,d environment will give u a mentality different from d 1u have now,so u might end up not practicing it

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Hojeylee100: 11:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
All I see is what a man can do a woman can also do berrah but ko le shii geh leeh................
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by no1madman(m): 11:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
African mentality! Ain't nothin wrong. . . . . . .i no mind 1 round sha!

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by petersoluwaseun(m): 11:13pm On Mar 08, 2016
ChappyChase:
And 1.1million people registered JamB this year!
more than 1.5 million

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Spotted Love Machine In Their Office Today - Photos / Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.