Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,923 members, 7,806,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) (83140 Views)

Female Graduate Who Sells Fruit In Benue (Photo) / Female Graduate Hawks Food In Abuja (Photos) / Helina Gbadegesin, A Female Graduate Who Is A Carpenter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Imyourex(m): 11:14pm On Mar 08, 2016
Khd95:
Made of blackcheesygrin
made for cab cool cheesysmiley
Made for cab kwa!? Thou art bad mouthed
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Strongbest(m): 11:15pm On Mar 08, 2016
freecocoa:
You are not making any sense, what exactly are you praising her for? Who do you know that praises or encourages graduates to sit and wait for white collar jobs? Must everybody do the same job?

Na fight? Ma'am, I'm very sorry for quoting you in the first place. I have learned how to make sense now by no quoting anybody next time. No vex ok.

2 Likes

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by HirstMOG(m): 11:16pm On Mar 08, 2016
ChappyChase:
And 1.1million people registered JamB this year!

Registered jamb or registered for jamb

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by drmikeadams(m): 11:20pm On Mar 08, 2016
cheesy grin..we dey play bet 9ja for a living.....fucking self employed
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by hardbody: 11:21pm On Mar 08, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
This is for those still waiting for government to give them a job. Asakpa Aghogho Susan is a graduate of Accountancy from the University of Nsukka. She went job hunting after graduation and after months of combing the streets with no job to show for it, she decided to be self-employed. Today she is a cab driver in Abuja. Her friend who shared the inspiring story on facebook wrote;

Susan is a cab driver in Abuja. Yes, you heard me. She's a woman cabbie who's breaking barriers and challenging stereotypes.

An accountant who refused to stay home after graduation, she went job hunting. When that didn't work, she created one for herself. She discussed her plans with her father and with his help, got her car and started business.
"At the end of the month, I make more than my colleagues in those accounting firms that pay peanuts."

There are times when people turn down her services because she's a woman. They believe a woman cabbie is a joke. Some believe she can't drive as well as a man.
Some men and women often tell Susan to go home or find a "ladylike" job like sewing clothes or selling jewelry.

But Susan doesn't let that faze her. Each day, she straps on her seatbelt, shifts the gear stick into drive and accelerates into life.

I'm celebrating Susan today.
Happy ‪#‎InternationalWomensDay Amazon.
Together, we ‪#‎PledgeForParity

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/meet-susan-asakpa-stunning-female.html

Perfectly ok what she does, but my question is why did she spend time and resources studying accounting in the uni? she does not need a degree to drive a cab.

Good for her though.

3 Likes

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by phanshark(m): 11:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
This is for those still waiting for government to give them a job. Asakpa Aghogho Susan is a graduate of Accountancy from the University of Nsukka. She went job hunting after graduation and after months of combing the streets with no job to show for it, she decided to be self-employed. Today she is a cab driver in Abuja. Her friend who shared the inspiring story on facebook wrote;

Susan is a cab driver in Abuja. Yes, you heard me. She's a woman cabbie who's breaking barriers and challenging stereotypes.

An accountant who refused to stay home after graduation, she went job hunting. When that didn't work, she created one for herself. She discussed her plans with her father and with his help, got her car and started business.
"At the end of the month, I make more than my colleagues in those accounting firms that pay peanuts."

There are times when people turn down her services because she's a woman. They believe a woman cabbie is a joke. Some believe she can't drive as well as a man.
Some men and women often tell Susan to go home or find a "ladylike" job like sewing clothes or selling jewelry.

But Susan doesn't let that faze her. Each day, she straps on her seatbelt, shifts the gear stick into drive and accelerates into life.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/meet-susan-asakpa-stunning-female.html
d scul no enter her thats why shi b taxi driver

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by tottinova: 11:27pm On Mar 08, 2016
Mztarstrechy:

If guys fit get their hands on car, you no watin dem for don dey do
Talking like she bought the car herself lipsrsealed
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by unbrandedcosy(m): 11:31pm On Mar 08, 2016
Oya make una begin bsc or hnd which one better pass,I no fit put food for ur table,bsc and hnd. Hustle my people....... God bless my hustle.....
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by enoch273: 11:32pm On Mar 08, 2016
I know her very well, she is a close family friend, I was even shocked to see her pictures, more grease to your elbow Susan..

2 Likes

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Bnladan(m): 11:36pm On Mar 08, 2016
Where were u wen ur mates were graduatn with 1st class
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by freecocoa(f): 11:41pm On Mar 08, 2016
Strongbest:

Na fight? Ma'am, I'm very sorry for quoting you in the first place. I have learned how to make sense now by no quoting anybody next time. No vex ok.

No be say na fight, I just think people's choices should be respected, different people different things, no need for mockery here.

2 Likes

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 08, 2016
When Buhari is ready to give me job he should let me know, until then, I still remains your humble female painter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Ajojodedon: 11:53pm On Mar 08, 2016
what I see here is only a photo of a young lady

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by ikombe: 11:58pm On Mar 08, 2016
nickxtra:
I know and I have seen a lot female cab or taxi drivers in Abuja, but certainly, this face, I have never seen. Where does she ply?
Na only woman cab u dey enter undecided
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by placeofallure(f): 12:01am On Mar 09, 2016
Wisdomkosi:
That's why I decided to acquire a skill before going to the university. To all those who think that's the best click like, those who disagree with me click share

Can't believe how much I make selling clothes. That's not my main job but it always feels like am cheating myself not making it my main job.

2 Likes

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by fleps(m): 12:03am On Mar 09, 2016
2sexycom:
You know, when you folks talk like this, you just make me laugh. And who said she can't earn more than her counterparts? My uncle is currently one of the biggest transporter in Lagos, he never went to the UNIVERSITY like you did because the opportunity wasn't there. He bought his mansion for 200million. you read that? 200million. He built a school for his wife and it was MASSIVE. You have probably seen his bus before and if I mention it here, everyone will know his transport line.

But no guts, no glory.

Young man please understand me. It is good you earn all the money. It is possible you she earns more. But you gotta know that the inherent message is 'never get idle' or ' explore other ventures' or ' be creative in labour' and NOT 'be richer than your peers' or 'even without education money abounds in plenty than school'

For us adults we can filter and take what we want but for the generations coming after us, we should send the right message that this life, it's not only when u work in big firms that your future will be guaranteed. There is dignity of labour and this lady has rightly explored that.
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by piecesprince(m): 12:09am On Mar 09, 2016
Mztarstrechy:

what a beautiful gal
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by seangy4konji: 12:16am On Mar 09, 2016
And soif she cant deep throat then she is stlll a useless lady...

every lady can drive but not all can deep throat and give sloppy head.

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by mahakurci010(m): 12:30am On Mar 09, 2016
ChappyChase:
And 1.1million people registered JamB this year!
1.5million not 1.1million

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by 2sexycom(m): 12:39am On Mar 09, 2016
fleps:

Young man please understand me. It is good you earn all the money. It is possible you she earns more. But you gotta know that the inherent message is 'never get idle' or ' explore other ventures' or ' be creative in labour' and NOT 'be richer than your peers' or 'even without education money abounds in plenty than school'

For us adults we can filter and take what we want but for the generations coming after us, we should send the right message that this life, it's not only when u work in big firms that your future will be guaranteed. There is dignity of labour and this lady has rightly explored that.
I thought you were against it and that it's not possible to earn big in transport.
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by remigiusizunna(m): 12:40am On Mar 09, 2016
@ OP, any way na way
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by habsydiamond(m): 1:02am On Mar 09, 2016
At all at all na him bad pass, atleast she's doing something. To me, na stealing spoil pikin oooo. Keep it up.
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by successsurvivor(m): 1:14am On Mar 09, 2016
My university is called University of Nigeria Nsukka, not University of Nsukka. Get your facts right haters. We are naturally ahead of others. Way to go super Lioness, we sure rule.
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by dhoris: 1:26am On Mar 09, 2016
"What a man can do, a woman can do better", dis is a gud example of dat quote, but it will do her more gud if she learns one or two handiworks nd be an entrepreneur dan depending on dis...EOD
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by diamondc(f): 1:28am On Mar 09, 2016
grayht:
Pics of her cab in motion or...

adonblvit
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Rejoice5000(f): 2:11am On Mar 09, 2016
nickxtra:
I know and I have seen a lot female cab or taxi drivers in Abuja, but certainly, this face, I have never seen. Where does she ply?
AD U THINK U ARE OMINIPRESENCE?? U ARE IN ALL ABUJA AT A TIME:
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Rejoice5000(f): 2:18am On Mar 09, 2016
Wisdomkosi:
That's why I decided to acquire a skill before going to the university. To all those who think that's the best click like, those who disagree with me click share
YES VERY IMPORTANT TO ALL MY KIDS I WILL DO THE SAME:NOTHING LIKE BEEN SELF EMPLOYED OR PERSONAL SKILLS;YES MA" YES SIR"BANKING JOB CAN USE PERSON
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 2:18am On Mar 09, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
She's a woman cabbie who's breaking barriers and challenging stereotypes.

Abe make we hear word. There was a who line of female cab drivers launched by Peter Odili's wife in 2006 called ESI Lady cabbies. In Lagos, Abuja and environs, you'll see female 'kabu kabu' not even cabs being driven by women. Those ones still deal with touts and area boys..
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Rejoice5000(f): 2:20am On Mar 09, 2016
Young03:
All i c here is pure advertisment
some people wicked ooh
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by xcuggsm(m): 2:49am On Mar 09, 2016
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by xcuggsm(m): 3:08am On Mar 09, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
This is for those still waiting for government to give them a job. Asakpa Aghogho Susan is a graduate of Accountancy from the University of Nsukka
Point of correction:
There is no University in Nigeria known and referred to as University of Nsukka!

What we have in Nigeria is UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, located at Nsukka.

= = =

The University of Nigeria (UNN), commonly referred to as UNN, is a federal university located in Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria. Founded by Nnamdi Azikiwe in 1955 and formally opened on 7 October 1960,

The University of Nigeria (UNN) was the first full-fledged indigenous and first autonomous university in Nigeria, modelled upon the American educational system. It is the first land-grant university in Africa and one of the five elite universities in the country.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Nigeria,_Nsukka
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by ChappyChase: 3:30am On Mar 09, 2016
petersoluwaseun:
more than 1.5 million
So I was even under estimating!?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Spotted Love Machine In Their Office Today - Photos / Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.