Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) (83142 Views)

Female Graduate Who Sells Fruit In Benue (Photo) / Female Graduate Hawks Food In Abuja (Photos) / Helina Gbadegesin, A Female Graduate Who Is A Carpenter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by ChappyChase: 3:31am On Mar 09, 2016
mahakurci010:
1.5million not 1.1million
Make I go modify ham..
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by ChappyChase: 3:32am On Mar 09, 2016
HirstMOG:

Registered jamb or registered for jamb
But hope you got my drift!

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Fime2000: 3:48am On Mar 09, 2016
good, i so love her for doing dt job. she make a way were there is no way, may God almight bless her.
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by missyadorable(f): 4:25am On Mar 09, 2016
LastMumu:
So because she is driving a cab she thinks she is better than her counterparts earning 'peanuts' from accounting firms? undecided

Although I admire her spirit, I believe her viewpoint above is rather myopic.

That's a very wrong statement to make

There is dignity in labour.How can she sound"proud" that she studied Accountancy and graduated and instead of working in a firm,she is driving a taxi? Not cool
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by justmenoni: 4:31am On Mar 09, 2016
Bros so u no get wisdom?

quote author=Wisdomkosi post=43592571]That's why I decided to acquire a skill before going to the university. To all those who think that's the best click like, those who disagree with me click share [/quote]
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by tonquendo4u(m): 5:01am On Mar 09, 2016
There are no good jobs.u work for peanuts.I got a job for 65k in Lekki n snubbed it.Its a private firm that I saw no much future with n u cant save much.Transportation will take Hal of d cash.So I decided to stay on my own.Graduates should learn to hussle.Jobs are waste of time.u sweat ur ass for another person for peanuts.unless its a federal govt job or a multinational

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Mbediogu(m): 5:07am On Mar 09, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
This is for those still waiting for government to give them a job. Asakpa Aghogho Susan is a graduate of Accountancy from the University of Nsukka. She went job hunting after graduation and after months of combing the streets with no job to show for it, she decided to be self-employed. Today she is a cab driver in Abuja. Her friend who shared the inspiring story on facebook wrote;

Susan is a cab driver in Abuja. Yes, you heard me. She's a woman cabbie who's breaking barriers and challenging stereotypes.

An accountant who refused to stay home after graduation, she went job hunting. When that didn't work, she created one for herself. She discussed her plans with her father and with his help, got her car and started business.
"At the end of the month, I make more than my colleagues in those accounting firms that pay peanuts."

There are times when people turn down her services because she's a woman. They believe a woman cabbie is a joke. Some believe she can't drive as well as a man.
Some men and women often tell Susan to go home or find a "ladylike" job like sewing clothes or selling jewelry.

But Susan doesn't let that faze her. Each day, she straps on her seatbelt, shifts the gear stick into drive and accelerates into life.

I'm celebrating Susan today.
Happy ‪#‎InternationalWomensDay Amazon.
Together, we ‪#‎PledgeForParity

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/meet-susan-asakpa-stunning-female.html

University of Nigeria not Nsukka. She is a great lioness. Don't try her. That is how we are - indomitable by training. Shout out to her and others.
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Nonyeumeh: 5:43am On Mar 09, 2016
Industrious
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by joseph1832(m): 5:48am On Mar 09, 2016
I still don't understand why people share stories like this. Are they trying to inspire people or show that this country is almost becoming a failed state like Somalia?

How can a graduate be a cab driver and people feel cool and happy about it? I see this as something very depressing and heart wrenching.

If government isn't suppose to provide jobs for its citizens, what on earth is government suppose to do then, loot and plunder the country and share 2 cups of rice when its time for election just to deceive the foolish masses?

I'm indeed confuse and this story isn't one that should be celebrated in anyway. Every year the country churn out graduates with little or no hope in getting employed, and the government and its sponsors come and tell us to be self employed while they employ their self with our money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Emenyk32: 6:01am On Mar 09, 2016
Nice one dear, keep it up

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by html14java(f): 6:12am On Mar 09, 2016
Which one is university of Nsukka? Op, it is University of Nigeria before these elites start to abuse you, pls.
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by BluStreak(m): 6:26am On Mar 09, 2016
LastMumu:
So because she is driving a cab she thinks she is better than her counterparts earning 'peanuts' from accounting firms? undecided

Although I admire her spirit, I believe her viewpoint above is rather myopic.

She didn't mean it that way. Please figure the contextual meaning. All she meant was that she makes a gross income better than what some of her mates are being paid at the end of the month.

I admire her superb courage biko. You go girl!

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by palsenator(m): 6:27am On Mar 09, 2016
Young03:
All i c here is pure advertisment
Really? That was all you could see. You didn't see bravery, astuteness, determined mind,courage,and someone who is trying to create a niche for herself in this challenging economic situation? Even if we advertise her,does she not deserve it? Like your name said,your mind is still young to see beyond further. But please grow up.No insult intended bro.
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by klassykute(m): 6:37am On Mar 09, 2016
Young03:
bless u broda
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 09, 2016
mightyhazel:
Nice! But in benin city,finer and sexier babes handle brt like buses (comrade buses) as tho its goin outta fashion!

Hmmmmm you call all those ladies driving oshobaba brt sexier and finer ? YOU MUST SURELY BE HIGH VIA OSHOGBO WEED
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by blackprowler: 6:41am On Mar 09, 2016
OP, you should declare that every MSc holder who couldn't get a job but would like to drive a taxi should come forward and you would provide the taxi on any terms and see if you would cope with the number you find. You're out of touch with reality; you don't know the situation we are in in this country. Do you know how much a car costs? This is a joke. People want to do better business with capital half the cost of a car, they can't find it and you come here and talk self-righteously. This is a joke!
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 09, 2016
Nothing like University of Nsukka

Is called

University of Nigeria, Nsukka

Ok?

Congrats Girl. Am proud of your type
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by mightyhazel: 7:00am On Mar 09, 2016
Themaingate:

Hmmmmm you call all those ladies driving oshobaba brt sexier and finer ? YOU MUST SURELY BE HIGH VIA OSHOGBO WEED
hav u seen dose babes plyin airport road? U don't need oshogbo weed or any weed 4 dat matter to notice dey goodlooks,....enhanced by d calm n expert manner dey handle dose heavy machines.

4 Likes

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Nayok(m): 7:07am On Mar 09, 2016
nickxtra:
I know and I have seen a lot female cab or taxi drivers in Abuja, but certainly, this face, I have never seen. Where does she ply?

Hmm , why asking ?
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by harsysky(m): 7:25am On Mar 09, 2016
Wisdomkosi:
That's why I decided to acquire a skill before going to the university. To all those who think that's the best click like, those who disagree with me click share

You are among the wisest I've seen. School is a piece of joke. School is a pure waste of time! School guarantees joblessness and School frustrates.

If I could say this about all the schools in the world, imagine where I place naija schools. Naija schools are a carricature. You have a useless teacher/lecturer whom you pay to teach you but s/he acts like they are doing you a favour.

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by shockwave(m): 7:29am On Mar 09, 2016
grayht:
Pics of her cab in motion or...
Addonbilivit! cheesy
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Dom2020: 7:29am On Mar 09, 2016
this is a good one, God bless her hustle
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by AlanSugar(m): 7:34am On Mar 09, 2016
stchinedu:

Hmmmmm grin
Naija and mouth grin cheesy

Honestly no be mouth, the story is fishy. Looks like the girl is thinking about starting that job but only looking for public opinion. Otherwise she's merely advertising herself! Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by YelloweWest: 7:55am On Mar 09, 2016
phabulous88:

You just wasted the priceless FTC slot. Next time if you don't have anything sensible to say, just shut ur fvck up.

Kudos Susan!

Wells said. Some people are such sadist....
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by muller101(m): 7:56am On Mar 09, 2016
nickxtra:
I know and I have seen a lot female cab or taxi drivers in Abuja, but certainly, this face, I have never seen. Where does she ply?
aso rock to house of assembly. That's her route
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by muller101(m): 7:59am On Mar 09, 2016
Young03:
ogbeni. If u don't say here am I. Nobody will say there u are. Go and advertise urs let's see if u got any.
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by skilma(m): 7:59am On Mar 09, 2016
she is not d first person
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 09, 2016
Nigerian graduates,make una continue dey deceive una sef o..

Those politicians go dey put dia children 4 sweet offices.. Com tell u say, make u go start 4rm somwhere.. And all of us get d same degree certificate o..

God punish dem... Me sef go hustle d government work.. Abi, u tink say i no know say, kabu kabu business dey b4 i go school??

Op, u must be mad.. lol

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by Abagworo(m): 8:08am On Mar 09, 2016
This girl is very beautiful and a wife material for that matter. That said there is nothing special about a graduate especially in Imo State where I come from. Almost everyone you meet is a graduate from shop owner to market woman to Keke driver to levy collector to hawker etc. The special one is he/she who employs himself without dependence on others to survive. People like this lovely lady.

1 Like

Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by EDUECO(m): 8:13am On Mar 09, 2016
joseph1832:
I still don't understand why people share stories like this. Are they trying to inspire people or show that this country is almost becoming a failed state like Somalia?

How can a graduate be a cab driver and people feel cool and happy about it? I see this as something very depressing and heart wrenching.

If government isn't suppose to provide jobs for its citizens, what on earth is government suppose to do then, loot and plunder the country and share 2 cups of rice when its time for election just to deceive the foolish masses?

I'm indeed confuse and this story isn't one that should be celebrated in anyway. Every year the country churn out graduate with little or no hope in getting employed, and the government and its sponsors come and tell us to be self employed while they employ their self with our money.
Nothing is constant! Nothing remains the same forever.A time will come when blue collar jobs will become the major job,while white collar jobs will become minor job! Can you dig it?
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by emi14: 8:17am On Mar 09, 2016
Guys look for independent jobs
. Get started somewhere. Earn a living. Talking graduate and speaking well constructive grammar is not the solution. Those ladies on transport industry are better than even some employed so called graduates who earn little or nothing and still face office sexual related abuse in order to keep the yet unhappy and unhealthy job.
Re: Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) by EDUECO(m): 8:19am On Mar 09, 2016
harsysky:

You are among the wisest I've seen. School is a piece of joke. School is a pure waste of time! School guarantees joblessness and School frustrates.

If I could say this about all the schools in the world, imagine where I place naija schools. Naija schools are a carricature. You have a useless teacher/lecturer whom you pay to teach you but s/he acts like they are doing you a favour.
Your brain is optimally efficient!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Spotted Love Machine In Their Office Today - Photos / Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.