Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,233 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC (21662 Views)

Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style / Photos Of Cars And Jets With Matching Colors: They Are Just Too Cute / Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by thefakestan: 7:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
computer0810:
u r d 1 who is just talking becoz u r notin and d son of nobody
A yah!

E pain you?

How can I be the son of nobody?

When I am somebody?

Anyway it's difficult explaining things to none humans.

"Computer0000"
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
I concur!
As I type this I have been stuck in traffic for over 30 minutes just within stadium to ojuelegba, wtf!
It ain't even up to 0.5 km,
Red lights everywhere,
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by bettercreature(m): 7:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
Nonsense! We have 36 states in Nigeria and i'm sure the guy doesnt know another state exist beyond lagos
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by certifiedking(m): 7:17pm On Mar 09, 2016
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by superstar1(m): 7:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
This is so true.

Maybe, FRSC is using the plate number registration to judge, which will give an erroneous statistics.
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by mutvy: 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
A very wrong statistics. Please carry out a proper statistics don't just sit in your office.
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by seunayantokun(m): 8:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
If is not totally true, it must be true to a great extent.

I came across a PHCN report some time ago: it stated that 60% of its revenues were generated in Lagos.

From information already in the public domain, 60+% of telephone lines used in this country are resident in Lagos. Lagos is about 20+ million and most Lagosians are each armed with at least three lines, including those used for the Internet service.
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
Jaymaxxy:
You are wrong sir
He's right sir. Check your history well
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by princefaculty(m): 8:14pm On Mar 09, 2016
Even molue conductor get him own car for Lag grin
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by chinjo(m): 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
woodcook:
I doubt this figure, I am sure the FRSC personnel did not take into consideration that most cars that came in through Lagos and headed to other part of the country are registered in Lagos to aid easy movement to final destination.

In as much as Lagos State is the state with the highest population ( save for census that puts Kano first grin ) it is also possible to host the highest number of vehicle per states, but 1/4th is questionable.

I for one know a lot of people that lived in other part of the country that registered their cars in Lagos before moving it to their bases.

The figure given by the FRSC is based on statistical research. You are talking about cars registered in lagos that are meant for use in other states. Do you know the number of vehicles that enters lagos on a daily basis?
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by chinjo(m): 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2016
woodcook:
I doubt this figure, I am sure the FRSC personnel did not take into consideration that most cars that came in through Lagos and headed to other part of the country are registered in Lagos to aid easy movement to final destination.

In as much as Lagos State is the state with the highest population ( save for census that puts Kano first grin ) it is also possible to host the highest number of vehicle per states, but 1/4th is questionable.

I for one know a lot of people that lived in other part of the country that registered their cars in Lagos before moving it to their bases.

The figure given by the FRSC is based on statistical research. You are talking about cars registered in lagos that are meant for use in other states. Do you know the number of vehicles that enters lagos on a daily basis? They conduct Traffic count every quarter to ascertain the number of vehicles that leaves and enters lagos on a daily basis over a period of one week.
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 8:44pm On Mar 09, 2016
cheesy. This is not true, quote me anywhere . One quarter of cars in Nigeria or South West
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by sheffyUTD(m): 8:48pm On Mar 09, 2016
woodcook:

Correct!

The statement is very deceptive, bulk of vehicles carrying Lagos numbers are not in the state.
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by Abagworo(m): 9:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
sheffyUTD:

Correct!

The statement is very deceptive, bulk of vehicles carrying Lagos numbers are not in the state.

Thats the issue.
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by Rufex07(m): 10:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
grin
maestroz:
eleyi gidi gan o....

is dat lagos in da pix? how do you guyz cope? mehn!...now i know why lagosians inhale CO2 and exhale oxygen...
grin
maestroz:
eleyi gidi gan o....

is dat lagos in da pix? how do you guyz cope? mehn!...now i know why lagosians inhale CO2 and exhale oxygen...
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by Mendelssohn(m): 12:27am On Mar 10, 2016
Jaymaxxy:

You are wrong sir

He is very correct sir!
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:41am On Mar 10, 2016
Where do they got that figure from? Drunken Lugards.
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by Observator: 9:12am On Mar 10, 2016
What is the total number of registered car in Nigeria and what is the total in Lagos? It is important to discuss with meaningful number.
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by MrGerald(m): 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
Nigerians and armed chair analysis, I'm sure he didn't use any chart for this claim, Nigeria is very big with so many cities... with lot cars too so I disagree with you.
The problem with Lagos is it has one of the worst modern-city-plan in the world, most of the layouts/settlements are closed, no inner roads/streets for diversion of cars from major roads which would ease and free these roads when there are hold ups/congestions.
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by doyinisaac(m): 10:15pm On May 24, 2016
okedoyinolabisi:
Lagos........
Namesake,how are u?
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by okedoyinolabisi(f): 10:01am On May 25, 2016
doyinisaac:
Namesake,how are u?
am fine.u?
Re: One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC by doyinisaac(m): 2:06pm On May 25, 2016
okedoyinolabisi:
am fine.u?
Am fine....how is your day going?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why A Car Catches Fire, And How You Can Stop Yours From Being The Next / Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC / Brake Failure: These Are What To Do When You Have One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.