Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,932 members, 7,806,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

The Atheists Test - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Atheists Test (19467 Views)

Dear Christians, Doesn't The Front Page Prove The Atheists Point? / What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture? / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Atheists Test by bxcode(m): 7:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
johnydon22:

Very simple my brother.

If you are having a relationship with the creator of the universe then you can tell us what we don't yet know about our universe.

But heck this creator is only subjected to a book.

BIBLE shocked

the same book that thinks that day/night came four days before the sun, stars could fall and the earth could stand still.

Oh crap this creator needs a secondary diploma
At times I don't really understand you guys, you know all these things and yet argue, read the first post from the beginning. The bone of contention here is not about having a relationship with the creator because that will automatically imply that you believe that the creator exists, but against believers claiming to have relationship with him. You are indicting your stance on being an atheist(which I sincerely doubt you are). Disproving God's existence and trying to find out if he actually speaks to those who believe in him are two different issues altogether.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Test by johnydon22(m): 7:54pm On Mar 10, 2016
sukkot:
oh shytttttt shocked time to look for a loophole lolz. its says ALL WORDS BOLD meaning i can make SOME WORDS BOLD grin grin

BOLD and CAPS are different things bro.. bold / CAPS and from the looks of it most of your text above are bold grin
Re: The Atheists Test by Tellemall: 7:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
johnydon22:

Of course sir there are many and unfortunately they are all still limited by the level of human knowledge and contradictory too

something that supposedly created the universe could have done (known) better.. No?

There are many, you say. True, sir .

Why, then, your grudge with the Bible? Is it something personal?
Re: The Atheists Test by bxcode(m): 7:57pm On Mar 10, 2016
johnydon22:

If that "thing" is described as a measurable even in the least a very fundamental particle that is fine... at least measurable

But when it becomes a complex humanoid **person** (then we now have a problem of complexity again) who likes the jews, has a son, likes smell of burning flesh and you are having a personal relationship with it yet cannot demonstrate that.

at the same time cannot be perceived but needs blind faith as a basis...

then you sir are lying..
Sir, how many of your theories and postulations in science like evolution, big bang, etc are based on pure observable evidence like you seek in my own belief about God's existence, which dosent require blind faith as a basis?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Test by sukkot: 7:59pm On Mar 10, 2016
johnydon22:

BOLD and CAPS are different things bro.. bold / CAPS and from the looks of it most of your text above are bold grin
nah bro the ohhhhh shyttttttt was not bold. the law requires for it all not to be bold. tongue grin
Re: The Atheists Test by winner01(m): 8:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
johnydon22:

Hahahaha as always mistakes a claim to be an evidence grin

Maybe i can also point to a tree and maintain that it is proof that a tree fairy exists thats my evidence.. cheesy

A claim can never be an evidence..

We are still waiting for your evidence to back your assumptions (maybe a picture or something grin) Or since you are having a personal relationship with the creator of the universe maybe you could provide us reasonable Intel ? grin

Common you can do better, stop asking the ones doubting your claims to provide proof against your claim rather provide your proof for it.

We all know scientifically there is never an equation where a creator is fixed, maybe in sunday school but not in science class.

Prove it and earn a noble prize

So try again?
Whats this about claim and evidence.undecided

If you just looking for words to use, use reasonably.

He gave an evidence of robotic creations requiring a creator. You said it does not count and have refused to back up your claims.

Why not back up your claims.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Atheists Test by bxcode(m): 8:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
Weah96:

I'm not objecting to anything. I'm demanding proof which should be very simple to provide. All you have to do is pass the message to the "speaking beginning" and it can take it from there. That's how things were done in the Bible stories.
You are a proof of the existence of a creator.
Now can you give me visible proof that supports your own belief, something I won't have to belief with faith?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Test by Weah96: 8:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
bxcode:

Disproving God's existence and trying to find out if he actually speaks to those who believe in him are two different issues altogether.

God is a HE? Did the beginning of the universe speak to you and reveal this information?

The identity of God is what is under discussion, not that it exists. I say God is the thing that we all came from, the beginning of the universe. You agree and add some new information. You claim that it SPEAKS to humans.

That claim if it's true, represents the BIGGEST MAGIC in all recorded history. You don't make that kind of claim and then go to work or take your pikin to school. School and work become meaningless if you can talk to the beginning of the universe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Test by Tellemall: 8:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
bxcode:

Sir, how many of your theories and postulations in science like evolution, big bang, etc are based on pure observable evidence like you seek in my own belief about God's existence, which dosent require blind faith as a basis?

I've asked one of them before and two of them responded saying that such is beyond the realm of science to prove.

Most atheists know facts but keep dragging out their belief in disbelief.

Well, good luck to you if you want to continue with them. This thread is like their paradise. They've had decades of disbelief and need some more. Don't try to stop them. If they need evidence, what happens at the end will be the evidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Test by Tellemall: 8:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
Weah96:

God is a HE? Did the beginning of the universe speak to you and reveal this information?

The identity of God is what is under discussion, not that it exists. I say God is the thing that we all came from, the beginning of the universe. You agree and add some new information. You claim that it SPEAKS to humans.

That claim if it's true, represents the BIGGEST MAGIC in all recorded history. You don't make that kind of claim and then go to work or take your pikin to school. School and work become meaningless if you can talk to the beginning of the universe.

Atheists should not believe in a thing called magic. Only science exists. Supernatural doesn't.

Re: The Atheists Test by Weah96: 8:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
bxcode:

You are a proof of the existence of a creator.
Now can you give me visible proof that supports your own belief, something I won't have to belief with faith?

You're being obtuse. Don't muddy the argument. I want proof that the creator speaks or edits books. I don't care that there is a beginning. Everything has a beginning.
Re: The Atheists Test by bxcode(m): 8:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
Weah96:

From this your post, I can can now categorically say that you are not an atheist. But you are simply trying to find the true God.
That's better....

1 Like

Re: The Atheists Test by Weah96: 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
Tellemall:

Atheists should not believe in a thing called magic. Only science exists. Supernatural doesn't.

I don't. That's why I make it a condition for my belief.
Re: The Atheists Test by winner01(m): 8:07pm On Mar 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I have presented mine on the front page ... y'all denied it . So provide yours and shame us

Oh sorry .. again ... there is no evidence that precludes the existence of the creator

tongue
If there was proof of God's non-existence, it would be on the lips of every atheist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Test by Weah96: 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
bxcode:

From this your post, I can can now categorically say that you are not an atheist. But you are simply trying to find the true God.
That's better....

It's more or less what everyone's been saying, even Hitchens. You don't have evidence of a speaking deity. There is a beginning to the universe. Better to leave it as facts, than dabble in useless speculations and outright lies.

1 Like

Re: The Atheists Test by bxcode(m): 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
Tellemall:

I've asked one of them before and two of them responded saying that such is beyond the realm of science to prove.

Most atheists know facts but keep dragging out their belief in disbelief.

Well, good luck to you if you want to continue with them. This thread is like their paradise. They've had decades of disbelief and need some more. Don't try to stop them. If they need evidence, what happens at the end will be the evidence.
Lol... bro I totally understand how you feel about them. They actually need threads like this as a reminder that it's not as if they don't know that God exists but they are just suppressing that profound truth. Only God can set them free.

2 Likes

Re: The Atheists Test by winner01(m): 8:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
onetrack:

This is only relevant to people who have faith. I have no faith. And, no, I am not a god. If you make an extraordinary claim then I want extraordinary evidence.

Whether or not people all over the world find comfort in religion is not important to me, because to me religion is no different than any other empty claim (like all religions).

smiley
Its obvious you just can't bear the reality of a Creator.

Safe bro.

1 Like

Re: The Atheists Test by winner01(m): 8:20pm On Mar 10, 2016
bxcode:

At times I don't really understand you guys, you know all these things and yet argue, read the first post from the beginning. The bone of contention here is not about having a relationship with the creator because that will automatically imply that you believe that the creator exists, but against believers claiming to have relationship with him. You are indicting your stance on being an atheist(which I sincerely doubt you are). Disproving God's existence and trying to find out if he actually speaks to those who believe in him are two different issues altogether.
They need to digress to remain valid. Thats their tactic. They've been badly hit by this topic and so they need to change its focus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Test by Tellemall: 8:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
bxcode:

Lol... bro I totally understand how you feel about them. They actually need threads like this as a reminder that it's not as if they don't know that God exists but they are just suppressing that profound truth. Only God can set them free.

Yeah. Fulfill your Christian conscience.

But don't waste time on them. There are others dying to hear the truth. smiley

**by the time they have liked themselves, their confidence will get a serious boost and you'll see them valiantly trying to take on three theists. Trying is the word. Lol.
Re: The Atheists Test by Kay17: 8:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
Is this Supreme Creator the immediate cause of the Universe?
Re: The Atheists Test by fearlesschicken: 10:46pm On Mar 10, 2016
break in transmission....
abeg who has heard from theatheist101?
Johny is not using his bold fonts today, hope all is well? grin
*sips tea and continues observing*

1 Like

Re: The Atheists Test by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:16pm On Mar 10, 2016
Weah96:

And who holds this position, that life came from nothing? You can't create an imaginary position and force others to defend it.

The argument is that the thing speaks to you and your acquaintances. It isn't unreasonable to doubt your honesty . Are you speaking to this thing or not?

Imaginary position ? Hehe tell me this elusive position of yours and provide evidence (images , videos) to defend it
Re: The Atheists Test by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:45pm On Mar 10, 2016
winner01:
If there was proof of God's non-existence, it would be on the lips of every atheist.

May God bless you for this response . Its as simple as ABC

1 Like

Re: The Atheists Test by Weah96: 12:17am On Mar 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Imaginary position ? Hehe tell me this elusive position of yours and provide evidence (images , videos) to defend it

The universe had a beginning. Do you disagree?
Re: The Atheists Test by ValentineMary(m): 7:22am On Mar 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I ask the atheists to show me why the universe needs no creator .... till now no reply

lipsrsealed
For the fact that we don't specifically know the origin of the universe does not mean a deity did it. Imagine u were born in 2000BC and u observed a hurricane, you would quickly assume in ur primitive state of mind that a deity is angry. But today we know better. Is it not better we say we don't know than to say a deity did it and later be found wrong?

Even if u claime a God did it( which many people use as an exucse route when ans qus on human origin) it does not explain how he did it. Like Stephen Hawkins said "I want to know the mind of God" when trying to explain the universe in his book a brief history of time . But it even seems that science knows more about "The mind of God" than his holy books.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Test by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:28am On Mar 11, 2016
ValentineMary:

For the fact that we don't specifically know the origin of the universe does not mean a deity did it. Imagine u were born in 2000BC and u observed a hurricane, you would quickly assume in ur primitive state of mind that a deity is angry. But today we know better. Is it not better we say we don't know than to say a deity did it and later be found wrong?

Stop the assumption . There were even atheists during that time . The bible also talked about strong winds and did not attribute such to a deity

[Even if u claime a God did it( which many people use as an exucse route when ans qus on human origin) it does not explain how he did it. Like Stephen Hawkins said "I want to know the mind of God" when trying to explain the universe in his book a brief history of time . But it even seems that science knows more about "The mind of God" than his holy books.

Science assumes when it comes to the origin /genesis of the universe
Re: The Atheists Test by johnydon22(m): 7:44am On Mar 11, 2016
Tellemall:

There are many, you say. True, sir .

Why, then, your grudge with the Bible? Is it something personal?

..I was arguing with someone who was using the bible as his basis, if he used the Quran it get same thing..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Test by johnydon22(m): 7:49am On Mar 11, 2016
winner01:
Whats this about claim and evidence.undecided

If you just looking for words to use, use reasonably.

He gave an evidence of robotic creations requiring a creator. You said it does not count and have refused to back up your claims.

Why not back up your claims.

Hahahahahaha you should look closely...grin

Using because man created robots to assert man must be created is a claim and a nonsensical one for that matter.

Plastic flowers are not evidence that biological flowers are designed no not at all, man derive inspiration in nature.

Nature has the ability to replicated to form complex chains and unlike robots or plastic flowers biological organisms develop from one single cell and replicate into a complex multi cellular entity.

This is natural process... Simple no assembly line is needed for it..

You need to find somewhere else to put your god grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Atheists Test by johnydon22(m): 7:52am On Mar 11, 2016
bxcode:

Hahahahaha i am not paid to teach anyone science in this age of information. ... You may as well help yourself here www.google.com

Scientific thesis are not my dogma rather is a product of human learning you can go study them if you like to..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Test by johnydon22(m): 7:53am On Mar 11, 2016
sukkot:
nah bro the ohhhhh shyttttttt was not bold. the law requires for it all not to be bold. tongue grin

That's why i used Most Smart move brother.. grin grin these mods are not smiling grin
Re: The Atheists Test by johnydon22(m): 8:03am On Mar 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Stop the assumption . There were even atheists during that time . The bible also talked about strong winds and did not attribute such to a deity

Read your bible you no gree ValentineMary was so correct..

Psalm 78:26 He caused the east wind to blow in the heavens And by His power
He directed the south wind.
That is the bible attributing wind to a deity grin

And thousand other examples... The bible also attributed the rainbow to a deity grin But the fuc_k we know rainbows are as a result of refraction of sunlight..

For goodness sake these ancient men just like the young ValentineMary pointed just used these explanations to make sense out of the cosmos to sate their ignorance.

its noble but it is naive we know better now..

Science assumes when it comes to the origin /genesis of the universe

"God did it" is never an answer that should be employed as a placeholder for scientific ignorance..

If you are only going to place "god" only where our study lacks knowledge yet then just like the breakthroughs of science has always removed "god did it" from our knowledge like VM pointed out you'll find that "God" will always get smaller and ever receding in the face of scientific knowledge.

That man do not know how anything started is a call for study and that is science

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Atheists Test by johnydon22(m): 8:04am On Mar 11, 2016
fearlesschicken:
break in transmission....
abeg who has heard from theatheist101?
Johny is not using his bold fonts today, hope all is well? grin
*sips tea and continues observing*
The mods happened ooo embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. / Apostle Suleman's Lawyer Threathens To Sue Sahara Reporters For N1 Billion / "touch Not My Anointed" Taken Out Of Context Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.