Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Enjoy This Delicacies - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Enjoy This Delicacies (5061 Views)

Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers / 12 Beautiful Delicacies From All Over Nigeria / Nigerian Delicacies That Will Make You Bite Your Fingers- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enjoy This Delicacies by upmanagers: 4:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
I decided dat I will share my delicious tastefully made meals for learners and those that can already cook can learn my own way of making different delicacies.

First up is my oha soap

Ingredients:
Oha leave, dry fish(i prefer catfish), stock fish, meat or ice fish, palm oil, rinded crayfish, pepper, thickener(achi, ukpo, cocoyam, yam), seasoning, salt

Steps:
Use enough water to cook the meat.
When the meat is cooked stock fish and dry fish to soften
Put palm oil to give the soup nice colour and allow to boil for abt 30sec( if u r using gas or just 1 min if u r using stove)
Put the thickener of your choice and stir so their are no seed formed from it.
Put the crayfish, pepper, a cube of seasoning and salt to taste.
Allow to boil for 1min, then put the oha vegetables.
Close the pot and allow to boil for another 1min or less so the leave would still be fresh.

Serve with eba, semo, fufu, wheat and any oda swallow you like.

Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by Sabadon(m): 5:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
who go dey post this kind tin Dis afternoon wen person never chop
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by upmanagers: 5:47pm On Mar 09, 2016
Sabadon:
who go dey post this kind tin Dis afternoon wen person never chop
Lol, u fit consider am cook
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by upmanagers: 8:15am On Mar 10, 2016
Ova 120 view n no comment, guys encourage me na.
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by marylandcakes: 11:44am On Mar 10, 2016
upmanagers:
Ova 120 view n no comment, guys encourage me na.

The presentation is not very encouraging.
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by upmanagers: 7:55am On Mar 11, 2016
marylandcakes:

The presentation is not very encouraging.
Ok
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by mariellasmenu: 1:10am On Mar 13, 2016
Looks delicious, very rich ingredients.
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by upmanagers: 7:46am On Mar 14, 2016
mariellasmenu:
Looks delicious, very rich ingredients.

Tanx, it was
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by upmanagers: 8:16am On Mar 14, 2016
So this weekend I made jollof rice with a little wow.
How?
I wanted something different from d usual so I ransacked my kitchen in good for me I got sweet corn and since I bought green beans I got it would be nice to make them.

Ingredient for stew:
Blended tomatoes and pepper and onion, vegetable oil, ginger garlic, season, salt to taste, spices(curry, thyme etc), chicken.

Ingredient for the jollof:
Rice, sweet corn, green beans, stew, salt, season.

Steps:
Pure small amount of vegetable oil into pot in fire
When it's hot pure the blended tomatoes, pepper and onions
Do not turn bt leave to dry water
After few mins add ginger, garlic, seasoning, spices and allow to simmer.
Finally add the cooked chicken and it's stock, taste for salt
Put salt if need be and allow to cook.

Pure ur par boiled rice into the stew, the water in the stew most cover the rice reasonable
Put the green beans to start cooking cos it's the fresh once are strong
Wen the water in the rice had gone down but has not dried, check if it's soft enough nd if u need to add salt or any other seasoning or spice.
After that add the sweet corn the turn the rice so that the green beans and sweet corn wil go round.
Allow to dry then serve with soft drink, juice or just water

Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by madgoat(m): 10:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
upmanagers:
I decided dat I will share my delicious tastefully made meals for learners and those that can already cook can learn my own way of making different delicacies.

First up is my oha soap

Ingredients:
Oha leave, dry fish(i prefer catfish), stock fish, meat or ice fish, palm oil, rinded crayfish, pepper, thickener(achi, ukpo, cocoyam, yam), seasoning, salt

Steps:
Use enough water to cook the meat.
When the meat is cooked stock fish and dry fish to soften
Put palm oil to give the soup nice colour and allow to boil for abt 30sec( if u r using gas or just 1 min if u r using stove)
Put the thickener of your choice and stir so their are no seed formed from it.
Put the crayfish, pepper, a cube of seasoning and salt to taste.
Allow to boil for 1min, then put the oha vegetables.
Close the pot and allow to boil for another 1min or less so the leave would still be fresh.

Serve with eba, semo, fufu, wheat and any oda swallow you like.

Enjoy.

What kind of pepper? Do u combine different pepper(rodo, tatashe etc) and grind/blend it? Whats the quantity used?
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by upmanagers: 8:19am On Mar 16, 2016
madgoat:

What kind of pepper? Do u combine different pepper(rodo, tatashe etc) and grind/blend it? Whats the quantity used?

I use tomatoes, bell pepper, tatashe and the long pepper.
For the jollof rice it was n100 tomatoes, n100 ttaashe, n50 long pepper n half n50 bell pepper.
For derica of rice.

My taste for pepper is usually more bt cooked dat any cos of d kids
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by madgoat(m): 11:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
upmanagers:

I use tomatoes, bell pepper, tatashe and the long pepper.
For the jollof rice it was n100 tomatoes, n100 ttaashe, n50 long pepper n half n50 bell pepper.
For derica of rice.

My taste for pepper is usually more bt cooked dat any cos of d kids

Thanks for the response. Actually i was refering to the kind of pepper u used in the oha soup? Is it d same as the jollof rice and do i blend all the pepper u listed above?
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by upmanagers: 10:13am On Mar 17, 2016
madgoat:

Thanks for the response. Actually i was refering to the kind of pepper u used in the oha soup? Is it d same as the jollof rice and do i blend all the pepper u listed above?

I like Ghana pepper very much so apart from stew, virtually every other things I cook is with Ghana pepper
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by upmanagers: 12:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
Egusi soup is one of the soup that is eaten and enjoyed by all tribes in Nigeria and other country.
This is how I prepare mine
Ingredients:
Egusi, palm oil, crayfish, pepper, seasoning, salt to taste, stock fish, dry fish, vegitable(I prefer uziza leave bt u can also use ugu or bitter leave)

Steps to cook:
Cook up meat with seasoning and salt then add stock fish and dry fish to soften
Remove we they are all soft
Put small amount of palm oil into dry pot, when its hot(not to frying level) pour d egusi in n stir
Throw in the cooked meat, stock fish and dry fish with the stock
Stir and throw in crayfish pepper, seasoning and salt
Stir and allow to cook for 1mins with gas or 2 mins with stove
Add the vegitable of your choice
Serve with any swallow of your choice

Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by okuneddie(m): 6:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
upmanagers:
Egusi soup is one of the soup that is eaten and enjoyed by all tribes in Nigeria and other country.
This is how I prepare mine
Ingredients:
Egusi, palm oil, crayfish, pepper, seasoning, salt to taste, stock fish, dry fish, vegitable(I prefer uziza leave bt u can also use ugu or bitter leave)

Steps to cook:
Cook up meat with seasoning and salt then add stock fish and dry fish to soften
Remove we they are all soft
Put small amount of palm oil into dry pot, when its hot(not to frying level) pour d egusi in n stir
Throw in the cooked meat, stock fish and dry fish with the stock
Stir and throw in crayfish pepper, seasoning and salt
Stir and allow to cook for 1mins with gas or 2 mins with stove
Add the vegitable of your choice
Serve with any swallow of your choice

wow I now believe it was the spirit that lead me when I asked for ur moniker this afternoon....now I know why...so that u can teach me how to cook better on nairaland.....
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by upmanagers: 10:01am On Mar 24, 2016
okuneddie:

wow I now believe it was the spirit that lead me when I asked for ur moniker this afternoon....now I know why...so that u can teach me how to cook better on nairaland.....

No p

1 Like

Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by upmanagers: 3:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
My delicious okro soup

Ingredients:
Okro, okporoko, meat, dry fish, crayfish, pepper, seasoning, salt, vegetable, palm oil

Steps:

Cook meat then throw in okporoko and dry fish, allow to soften
Add palm oil and ingredients then leave to cook for 3 mins on stove or a min + on gas
Put the okro, stir and leave for a min or less
Put vegetables of your choice and allow to cook for 2mins so the okro n vegetable will remain fresh
Enjoy with any swallow of ur choice

1 Like

Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by okuneddie(m): 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
upmanagers:
My delicious okro soup

Ingredients:
Okro, okporoko, meat, dry fish, crayfish, pepper, seasoning, salt, vegetable, palm oil

Steps:

Cook meat then throw in okporoko and dry fish, allow to soften
Add palm oil and ingredients then leave to cook for 3 mins on stove or a min + on gas
Put the okro, stir and leave for a min or less
Put vegetables of your choice and allow to cook for 2mins so the okro n vegetable will remain fresh
Enjoy with any swallow of ur choice

what is okporoko?
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by DEIFIED(m): 9:06pm On Mar 30, 2016
Wowww, nice one op. I will rate your cooking skills 6.4/10.
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by upmanagers: 8:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
okuneddie:

what is okporoko?

Don't mind me, my language just couldn't hide.
Okporoko is stock fish
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by upmanagers: 8:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
DEIFIED:
Wowww, nice one op. I will rate your cooking skills 6.4/10.

Tanx bt I wish u could see and taste it then d score would definitely increase.
My pictures r just manageable
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by upmanagers: 7:17am On Apr 04, 2016
If u are looking for a different way to enjoy ur sweet potatoes y not try my sweet potato portage. I cook mine same as I cook yam portage only difference is dat I can do without dry fish in my yam portage bt dry fish give the potato portage a hype.

Ingredients:
Sweet potatoes, dry fish, palm oil, crayfish, pepper, seasoning, salt, vegetable(ugu) if desired

Steps:

Cut the sweet potatoes to ur desired size
Wash and put in a pot
Put the dry fish in the middle of d pot and add water to cover the potatoes and fish
Put on fire and cook till potatoes zre very soft and almost melting
Put palm oil and leave to cook for a min.
Throw in all d ingredients, stir and taste
Put d vegitable and stir again
Cover the pot and leave for another min

Serve and enjoy

1 Like

Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by upmanagers: 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2016
okuneddie:

what is okporoko?

I ve been very much ard bt my fone was stolen, been that I just got it at such an expensive rate I couldn't immediately get a new 1 as it wasn't part of my budget then.
Another reason being that all my food pix went with d oda fone so I ve to start afresh which may take me a bit more time to cook, snap wen am nt in a hurry and post wen am chanced. Bt d main tin is dat am bak now.
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by ksynya2015(f): 8:57pm On Jun 25, 2016
Rise is also concidered very popular dish in Nigeria. It may have many variations:
https://ask.naij.com/food/what-is-the-most-delicious-nigerian-food-i25116.html
- Coconut rice - rice, which mixed with coconut milk.
- Fried rice - cooked with meat, vegetables, eggs, prawns, poultry.
- Pate - acha, rice with ground dry corn.
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by mamachops(f): 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2016
mmmhhhh....@upmanager, as much as I would like to commend your effort....your presentation spoils the show. I noticed someone has pointed that earlier.
Why place the items on a sink unit to snap, why not table top.
Try to mould your swallow neatly and plate the soup beside it or in a separate small soup bowl.
I'm sure there's a table in the house, even if not in the kitchen, use it when you want t take pictures of ingredients and final product.

I hope to see an improvement in your next post pls.....
then you will earn more that 6.4/10...****smiles***
Re: Enjoy This Delicacies by okuneddie(m): 12:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
upmanagers:

I ve been very much ard bt my fone was stolen, been that I just got it at such an expensive rate I couldn't immediately get a new 1 as it wasn't part of my budget then.
Another reason being that all my food pix went with d oda fone so I ve to start afresh which may take me a bit more time to cook, snap wen am nt in a hurry and post wen am chanced. Bt d main tin is dat am bak now.

wow welcome back.....I'm waiting for ur food updates oooo and I pray that the person's (that stole ur phone) head turn to the other side so that u will recognize him or her when both of u meet again. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Agege Bread Recipe / We Make Cakes For All Type Of Celebration. LOCATION :OGUN STATE / Garden Egg Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.