Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,146 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:44 AM

How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps (25381 Views)

I Need A Graphic Designer In Lagos For A Freelance Job / I Need A Graphic Designer For A Logo And Facebook Post Graphics / How To Make Money As A Graphic Designer In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by write2obi(m): 1:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
I was once good at this, i don't even know what happened to my Graphics designing skills
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by wabdesigns(m): 1:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
khassy:
any easy to use phone app for graphics design?
I recomended PicsArt. Here is a piece I executed with it.

2 Likes

Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Booyakasha(f): 1:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
nice..
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by GodMode: 1:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
K
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Sirmuel1(m): 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2016
aolumaxi:
try surfing d net. or enrol for a course in it. (I can teach u tho)

When I saw the nick, I knew you were the one Maxi!!! grin

Good to meet you on NL grin
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by aolumaxi(m): 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
Sirmuel1:

When I saw the nick, I knew you were the one Maxi!!! grin
Eric Sean grin. we still meet here again.... #dats cool gan oooo

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Goldenheart(m): 1:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
marycool18:
OK I actually thought 'graphic' had to do with bloody pictures lipsrsealed my bad

eeyah, not today!

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by KingRex1(m): 1:10pm On Mar 10, 2016
aolumaxi:
really? would love to share ideas wid u. (revit & corelDraw)

I'm also a user
Cool, wha bout archicad nd sketch
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by ifeoluwasegun(m): 1:10pm On Mar 10, 2016
Creativity is the KOKO
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by khassy(m): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
wabdesigns:

I recomended PicsArt. Here is a piece I executed with it.

youve gat mail
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by aolumaxi(m): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
KingRex1:
Cool, wha bout archicad nd sketch
nah! corelDraw, PhotoShop, Revit, and so on...
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by konoha86(m): 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2016
KONOHA.... Illustrator, Photographer, Motion Gfx Artist, Video Editor, Vfx Artist and Graphic Designer.

Nice write up.

Find me - 07034377127, 5EEEA94D.
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by ePlanet: 1:30pm On Mar 10, 2016
and while at it, dont forget that graphics dsg is 80% inspiration, 20% work.
and to bring your tots into reality, u have to have a flair for it because you can spend all day sometimes, working on a 'LINE' within a project to get it just right. most times, the money isnt just kul and if you dont have large scale printers yet, you basically be working for the print press, but let these not discourage you, keep at it.

Your joy is in:
1) the sparkle on the client's face when they sees the quality work.

2) seeing your designs all over the place: tvs, internet, bill boards and the likes!

and ofcos, the pay.

Points to Note:

Charge like Julius Berger if you have to, but never compromise on quality Printing.

Have a standard, and dont go below it no matter what even if the client goes to do it somewhere else.

have a jotter you write out names of each project and each and every want of the client, dont forget to have samples on hand(printed, always print extra copies of all projects)/softcopy cos most clients wano see what you have done before.

Dont forget to tell the Client that you wud be needing a week at the very minimum to get the job delivered( this is to give you some breathing space so u can concentrate on thinking up ideas) but strive to get it ready in 3 days, deliver on time. Never fail. if you think u cant deliver b4 the time line and u have given them that assurance, call them on the fifth day to explain, never wait till they come for it.

if they want the job delivered in less than a week, that is express service, you charge double/triple the amount you would have normally charged and make sure u deliver!

for more tips , just quote this....

EPLANET ICT SOLUTIONS not only design but we teach same and other packages too! Our materials which get updated every two months, are all made from experience in this terrain.

NB: if you want to learn anything, find those that have experience using same and have them teach you. that way u have the best of both worlds. Not those that just watch some vids or read some books.
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by slap1(m): 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2016
KingRex1:
I can teach you for real. Coreldraw, autocad nd revit.

Where is your location, please?
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Temmytea70(m): 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
sinaj:
I really need a tutor

A good one that can take me on diz

Inbox me
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by adenitemi: 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2016
Goldenheart:
Nice one,

I use 'xara designer pro' for my designs, xara makes coreldraw look like notepad...

Manga Studio Pro is my next favourite software for cartooning n animation.

Hello Bro,

Can I use this app to design and put names on things like T-shirt?

Don't mind learning it if I can.
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by GravelStop: 1:46pm On Mar 10, 2016
Interesting.
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by BigBizzy(m): 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
Post of the week for me
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by tunesoft(m): 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
So I need help to make some designs. Who is interested in doing biz?
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
Goldenheart:
Nice one,

I use 'xara designer pro' for my designs, xara makes coreldraw look like notepad...

Manga Studio Pro is my next favourite software for cartooning n animation.

Hello, could you please please mail me the softwares?

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by swiftstech: 2:06pm On Mar 10, 2016
aolumaxi:
really? would love to share ideas wid u. (revit & corelDraw)

I'm also a user

Pls are u in port harcourt 08071725650 and 08034884423 are my numbers if we could meet just or u wats app via the glo line
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by swiftstech: 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
Am a user also but more skills wouldn't be bad a user in port harcourt I could be up student I'd u are willing to be my teacher any Web designer or app developer in phc I can equally be up student u could wats app 08071725650 or call 08034884423
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Unkl(m): 2:58pm On Mar 10, 2016
ok
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by sawhite: 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
sinaj:
I really need a tutor

08094835012 kal mi
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
sinaj:
I really need a tutor

I teach graphic designing, animation, ,(3d inclusive), animated videos, I can teach you with over 10 softwares....
Check my dp for an animated picture of myself
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:20pm On Mar 10, 2016
Photoshop is bae! grin
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Kutigraphix(m): 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
sinaj:
I really need a tutor

I can
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by danxzy: 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
i have my computer here with me but i have try all i can to design but no way pls give step to take its very urgent i really need to learn
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by decollex(m): 3:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
sinaj:
I really need a tutor

For Corel Draw and Photoshop Whatsapp me on 08122805843

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Top 10 Youtube Channels In Nigeria / Photos Created To Make You Look Twice / Amazing Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.