Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps (25448 Views)

I Need A Graphic Designer In Lagos For A Freelance Job / I Need A Graphic Designer For A Logo And Facebook Post Graphics / How To Make Money As A Graphic Designer In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Jidefido(m): 3:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
In my own candid opinion, to have the best of graphics designing, I must say using Adobe software such as InDesign is better than Corel draw. Corel draw is old compared to InDesign which is user friendly, modern.
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by momysgirly(f): 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2016
My designs

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2016
marycool18:
OK I actually thought 'graphic' had to do with bloody pictures lipsrsealed my bad
smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 4:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
Archmage:
I wish it were as easy as OP stated.
talking from experience ba
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Rexaxe(m): 4:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
Cooll
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by chubbyswit(m): 5:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
if you're interested in learning everything about 2d animation, video and audio editing for free indicate.
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 10, 2016
chubbyswit:
if you're interested in learning everything about 2d animation, video and audio editing for free indicate.
hi whtz 2d animation?
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 10, 2016
sinaj:
I really need a tutor

A good one that can take me on diz
I can teach you.. But i'm only good on website design and development.. The first thing i will ask you is, do you have the patience and passion to write codes?? I mean, html, css & php codes?
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by chubbyswit(m): 5:28pm On Mar 10, 2016
Emmeritus:
hi whtz 2d animation?
2d animation is defined as the creation of artistic movement or motion in two dimensional plain i.e the x and y axis but not considering the z depth, in other words it means frame by frame drawing of a character to create perception of motion. E.g of 2d animations are tom and jerry, area cartoon, disney cartoons like alaadin, tarzan etc. 2d animation can also be animated as a cut out, this method is used in area cartoon. Will create a learning thread later so keep checking arts and graphics section
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Goldenheart(m): 6:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
adenitemi:

Hello Bro,

Can I use this app to design and put names on things like T-shirt?

Don't mind learning it if I can.

xara can do all that n much more, its easier to learn, its lighter n faster compared to cdr n Ai
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Goldenheart(m): 6:07pm On Mar 10, 2016
momysgirly:
My designs
Female Designer, Can We Rub Minds grin
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by adenitemi: 6:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
Goldenheart:

xara can do all that n much more, its easier to learn, its lighter n faster compared to cdr n Ai

Great! Thanks. I'll download and learn.

Cheers
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 10, 2016
CoolSmithz:

I teach graphic designing, animation, ,(3d inclusive), animated videos, I can teach you with over 10 softwares....
Check my dp for an animated picture of myself

Dd you actually say 10 software in animation and CG !!!! Mehn Adonbilivit.

Anyway I'm a Maya, Blender, Autocad and Photoshop user.

P.S @D.p is that called animating or cartooning?
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by ambchidodude(m): 6:32pm On Mar 10, 2016
tunesoft:
So I need help to make some designs. Who is interested in doing biz?
Contact me on whatsapp: 07081590113. CHIDO-DUDE KONSEPT
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by DerrickM(m): 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
@OSHOKAY: Nice post & very insightful,thanks. Now for me you left a few things like in gadgets having a digitizer or digital tab of any popular brand like wacom,ugee,hiuon & yingnova. Under graphic apps you can't forget Adobe Illustrator & InDesign.

oshokay:

Graphic design is not a new phrase in the
Tech industry. It has become a phrase used for any pictorial representation produced
with a computer. Graphic design is also a very lucrative profession, as everything used online and offline requires a touch graphics. From adverts to web design to app development, graphics is needed. For those interested in diving into the world of graphics and don’t know where to start, Here’s an article to give you a head start.

Focus on An Area of Graphic Design: Graphic design is a very broad field. Web development, advertising, animation are forms of graphics design and you have to choose which area you would love to specialize in because without focus, You have no direction.

Acquire the tools: At this point you should already know some of the tools you’ll be needing. To start, you’ll need a laptop (obviously!!) and a mouse for ease and comfort. If you use a mouse regularly, there’s no denying the fact that it’s extremely easier to use a laptop with a mouse than a Touchpad.

To showcase your creativity and how awesome you are through graphics you’ll need few software. You can start off with two major software, Corel Draw and Photoshop.

If you have the intention of designing logos, flyers, banners and the likes, The best choice will be to start with Corel Draw. There’s no limitation to what you can produce with Corel, It all depends on the creativity of the user.

So you don’t really like designing logos or banners, you’re more of a picture person. You have more love for editing and altering images, Photoshop is the software for you. Photoshop is also limitless when it comes to altering images.

Read Books / Watch Videos: The internet is a mine field of publications to help you start your career as a graphic designer. You could be a hard copy person, buy books that would teach you design fundamentals and practice as you read them.

So you hate reading and tend to memorize better when you see things in motion, welcome to the 21st century where we have YouTube. Tons of videos you can use are available online.

Study the Pros: You’re reading a magazine and you see a lovely graphic design, don’t say “awwwnnnn” and close the magazine. Take note of the design, try to recreate it, make it better, and add a touch of your style.

Expand your scope of design, check out fashion websites, music labels, and book stores even jewelry designs. Don’t limit yourself to the traditional “graphic design”.

Remember that old saying “Practice makes better”, graphic design isn’t an exception. Continue practicing and you’ll become an awesome graphic designer.

Source : http://www.naijakick.com/how-to-become-a-graphic-designer/
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by sinaj(f): 8:23pm On Mar 10, 2016
OrangeDream:
I can teach you.. But i'm only good on website design and development.. The first thing i will ask you is, do you have the patience and passion to write codes?? I mean, html, css & php codes?
sure

I would love to learn
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
sinaj:
sure

I would love to learn
PM me
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Milliano007(m): 8:27pm On Mar 10, 2016
shout to all d graphics designer..... When I fail jamb last year d reason why I fail is just dat I can't handle mouse very well... dat push me to computer college... now believe God is changing my level...#StilldatYungMilli
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by DerrickM(m): 9:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hey,thanks I guess you were really in a hurry to type but please check your typos before post it or even when you do Nairaland still allows you to modify it...#okbye

Milliano007:
shout to all d graphics designer..... When I fail jamb last year d reason why I fail is just dat I can't handle mouse very well... dat push me to computer college... now believe God is changing my level...#StilldatYungMilli

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Kunle106(m): 9:22pm On Mar 10, 2016
chubbyswit:
interested

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
Who will sail me thru. I want to learn and be a pro..
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by digitsolution: 9:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
Xsolutions:
Cool...there are guys I know here in Nigeria making thousands of Dollars per month with Graphics design; specifically eCover, Banner and Logo designs.

please can you kindly avail me your contact info.....
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Franky826: 9:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
khassy:
any easy to use phone app for graphics design?

I've tried PicsArt, honestly not so bad with so much toold
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Franky826: 9:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
sinaj:
I really need a tutor

A good one that can take me on diz

www.YouTube.com
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
chubbyswit:
2d animation is defined as the creation of artistic movement or motion in two dimensional plain i.e the x and y axis but not considering the z depth, in other words it means frame by frame drawing of a character to create perception of motion. E.g of 2d animations are tom and jerry, area cartoon, disney cartoons like alaadin, tarzan etc. 2d animation can also be animated as a cut out, this method is used in area cartoon. Will create a learning thread later so keep checking arts and graphics section
aait;M interested
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by sinaj(f): 11:07pm On Mar 10, 2016
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by ugotex85: 1:18am On Mar 11, 2016
How can I get xara designer pro?
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by ugotex85: 1:19am On Mar 11, 2016
Goldenheart:
Nice one,

I use 'xara designer pro' for my designs, xara makes coreldraw look like notepad...

Manga Studio Pro is my next favourite software for cartooning n animation.

Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by InZA: 3:02am On Mar 11, 2016
Let there be clean, aesthetically appealing design...

and there was Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign

Let there be bland looking designs...

and there was CorelDraw.

Please don't quote me if you're a fan of Coreldraw angry angry
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Goldenheart(m): 6:15am On Mar 11, 2016
ugotex85:

you can get it on xara.com, aliexpress.
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by DerrickM(m): 8:11am On Mar 11, 2016
Well said*winks winks*

InZA:
Let there be clean, aesthetically appealing design...

and there was Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign

Let there be bland looking designs...

and there was CorelDraw.

Please don't quote me if you're a fan of Coreldraw angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Top 10 Youtube Channels In Nigeria / Photos Created To Make You Look Twice / Amazing Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.