Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men (15793 Views)

The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men / Shameful Photos Of Men And Women Caught Having Sexxx (photos) / The Hypocrisy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Dcmg(m): 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
Men dnt want to marry women of higher standard than them,women dnt want to marry guys of lower standard than them.How many rich and powerful women would want to marry a poor and weak guy?You see?50-50=Equality!
No matter how powerful or rich a wowan is,she will always want to marry a man with a higher value than hers.
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by abbey621(m): 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
Another gender bashing thread, all is well! Male or female if everyone plays their God giving role then everything would be okay. Majority of men are afraid to get maried because they've either witnessed first hand the devastating consequences of a marriage gone sour or a narrative from frustrated couples. In Nigeria, the male is regarded as bread winner, ATM machine, the sole provider and even though it increases the man's ego, it does not help in the long run. Nigerian males must learn to live and let live, a strong woman can be tamed just as easily as a strong man, it all depends on understanding. Forget culture or traditional sentiments, nowadays the best spouse is one who has something to bring to the table. I rather marry an educated woman, who is financially smart, a hardworker and caring attitude, than marry a woman with low self esteem, confidence and a rundown attitude.

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by 5minsmadness: 2:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
pickabeau1: ok..

grin
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
Most Women are so darn Unlucky they meet the darnedest Guys... too bad grin grin
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
@ op, are you aware that a lot of women have never had the kind of conversation you had with that guy before with any man?Not Even their own so called boyfriends! Besides their house maid duties,All they do is smile, Collect chicken change and open their legs for any creature that says hi to them simply because he wears trousers. That is why the girl child education is a big deal in africa not just for women to speak good english but to be fully empowered so they don't need any man's presence or permission to be 'whole'. Just that most women lack self respect and dignity even with their level of education. It is also important to know that just as some men say they don't need women,some women don't need men either. But they just end up courting and marrying to avoid criticisms from the society and end up having a miserable marriage. That's why its important that when courting, people especially ladies should ask questions. Leave sex aside,be observant, talk and ask questions to know the real intention of that man towards you!

3 Likes

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by timilehing(m): 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
Can't believe this post actually made it to front page after 5years. Congrats to me
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by shaybebaby(f): 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
apolonius:

I have an issue with your defined features of the alpha male. It's mostly superficial,darling.

"...looks,sex appeal,..."Are you kidding me?Yes,bodily beauty is great but reiterating it in various ways makes mockery of the concept of the man.A man is a man;'alpha male','real man' are such dubious concepts and adjectives that give false meanings and corruption to the man identity are postmodernism's cocktail of shit.smiley

Great to see leadership there,but I expected high features like intelligence,emotional maturity and a capacity for love and affection,visionary-professionally and in core indices of his life,and refined mannerisms. I can go on and on.

What do you think darling,and how are you?smiley
I think you are one of the few sane ones. Will follow you and read your other posts to ascertain if I'm right or if perhaps this is just one moment of clarity in the sea of insanity. tongue. not that you are or should be bothered by what I think, just looking to reassure myself that all hope is not lost and that there are still good peeps out there, good peeps sound of heart and mind.

3 Likes

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by shaybebaby(f): 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
njokusboy:

EVERY MAN IS AN ALPHA AS FAR AS HIS HOME IS CONCERNED EXCEPT WHERE THE WOMAN LEADS THE HOME.....

Not in mine and a lot of homes I know. Ain't no bosses in mine. We rule together, side by side, bonnie and Clyde, ride or die together not oga and his minions or madam and her boi-boi!
Stop chatting bullsh!t! It's too early in the week! angry

3 Likes

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by apolonius(m): 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
EternalBeing:

Thanks. I really hope to see more of your type around. Too much movies etc... has caused too much of misplaced priorities. Also, I expected qualities like financial power, spiritual maturity, ability to whether any storm etc.

Thanks;your additions are essentials too.

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by shaybebaby(f): 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
njokusboy:

Lolzzz, Alpha males is first of all used in relation to a man and his woman... Go do your research... Check out all the qualities of alpha males, most are in relation to women...

You obviously do not know me, I am the first speaker in my clique, I am not the strongest, I am easily the smartest... Do I think am an alpha where my friends are concerned.... Hell no... Do they think so, hell no
In my circus, we are all equals, no one bends to the will of the other... But hey, where my woman/women is concerned, I am the Alpha..... I hold all the cards....
Then you most certainly are NOT an alpha male especially in your crib. An alpha male leads the pack of his kind, alpha- amongst other males not alpha- amongst females, geddit?

3 Likes

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by joseph1832(m): 3:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
MrWaters: The other day, I was talking to a male acquaintance whose one-time girlfriend had been a friend of mine, which I had been aware of ended because he refused to get married after three years of being together. He was complaining to me of how his house had been turned into a “base” by his friends, and how he never had any moments of peace any longer, and how he was wondering what to do about the situation. I remarked that perhaps, he ought to get married.

“who needs a woman?” was his reply. “I don’t know anyway. I don’t have the time to be attached to any woman Emotional attachment divides a man’s heart, and God did not create man with two heart.”
“So what do you intend to do?” I asked.
I don’t know, I just know that I have to do something” he replied.
“do you have househelp?” I asked again.
“yes, but a househelp is no good. He can’t stop them from storming my place. Perhaps, I’ll just get a woman to live with me.”
“As a wife?” I asked him.
“No, just a live – if she’s lucky.”
I didn’t say anything to that. I gave him a murderous look, quickly said good-bye and walked away. I was so furious.
Why are men such Hypocrites? Why do they have to adopt this love em- and –leave-em- attitude? I have since found out the answer. It is because they are afraid; afraid of how much power the women really have over them. The power that women can wield over them if they stay long enough.
You hear a man brag to his friend of how he is keeping a particular woman. Asked him if she is to be his wife and he will shout. “What for?”
Some other time, you hear another bachelor boy say to his friend, “Boy you needs to get married-o; this kin life no fit continue.” Why does he need a wife? Bed partner? Housemaid? Housekeeper? All these he can get without getting married. The simple truth is he can’t take care of himself. He needs someone to do that for him. His friends can’t do that for him, because they are men like himself, same sides of a coin. Only woman can, with her patience, strength of character, her terrific reserves of determination, her power. Whether they admit it or not, men like to be bossed by their mothers, their wives, their mistresses, their girlfriends.
Men! They are such contradictory human beings. They yell one thing and want another. It was a man who said: “Many of us men are Narcissist by nature, we want to have access to other people’s privacy and yet make ours top secret.”
Men are such pathetic pest. They are always calling women weak, dumb, chicken-brained etc. the fact is, that is the way they’d prefer women to be. They can’t handle strong women. When the women refuse to be suppressed, they label them bitches. The fact is men are the dumb ones. They realize that and fight it. The effort turns them into hypocrites. Putting up macho-images, Facades all! Underneath the layers there’s nothing but vanity, fickleness. That’s just what they are. Empty!
What does a man prove by “capturing” a girl, insisting on knowing her every move, then suddenly dropping her after years of being kept prisoner. He goes on to another, saying she’s not what he wants. What pride is there for you men to have up to six different girls call on you in a day? What does a man prove by marrying thirty-eight women in fifteen years? If God had intended to create women as games of soccer for men, he would have moulded us in the shape of footballs.
Everywhere you go, you encounter cases of male chauvinism. Men trying to assert themselves, trying to impose themselves on women. You hear a man say, “A man has got to be a man”. To prove what? Male superiority over the female? Men sternly oppose the idea of giving a woman free hand because thy see it as equivalent to surrendering the so-called Male superiority. Most Nigerian men are conservative. They believe they must be the bosses where women are involved.
Teel me, what you would think of a woman, abandon and in the depths of distress, who did not try to get herself out of such a state of affairs. You would say she was a slowpoke. We know of so many families who couldn’t have survived today if not for the women who had to take drastic action to salvage the situation. There was once a story in one of the news dailies about a woman who had to collect bones and castaway of meat from the butchers to feed her family. There are many cases of women who had to raise up their kids single-handedly because the men had scurried off in times of hardship, chickened out. Women have more resilience, more strength than most men.
We have heard of the maximum-“stand firmly by what you believe is right.” Tell me how many men who have poor suffering relatives in the villages, but spend their money trying to impress unsuspecting young ladies in the cities; who would go to great pains to cater for the needs of a girlfriend rather than pay thy fees of a younger brother. I can hear some guilty men arguing, “But it’s the young ladies that harass the men into giving in,” isn’t it the men who always brag, “There are many fishes in the sea?” shouldn’t their reasoning prevail over by a woman, it proves he’s the dumb one.
Talk about the uncompromising feminist enjoying her liberation from the “chauvinistic Adams.” And the men claiming they can’t. when a woman tries to assert herself, to demand that the relationship for once goes her way, on her own terms, the man cannot handle that. He screams, “Frustrated bitch.”
I have found out one thing. A man may be able to help you find happiness, for a very short while, at the end of which you’ll realize, when you weigh your loss, that the bad and the ugly were much more than the good.
The truth is: a man feels his masculinity is affronted “if the woman has the upper hand, his inadequacies would be expose”.
I once read somewhere, “if what men fear is that women might succumb to their masculine attraction, why did they not institute veils for themselves?
I ESTIMATE that by 2010, any guy marrying will be marrying a lady that has a SEX record of 100times & for ladies, a guy that can't even remember how many girls he has dated let alone screwed!!
copy from my http:www.timmywaters..com (this article is copyrighted)

OP. I read this post and came to the conclusion that you are really not telling yourself the truth!. In fact you speak like a hypocrite. You can not use the actions of a single man to judge the rest of us. I believe as you know character, attitude and behaviour defer from one person to
the other.

What would you say do girls who go around chasing married men?, what would you say to girls who open their mouths and say they can't date bachelors?, and what do you say to girls who go around prostituting themselves to married and unmarried men?. Believe me when I tell you that acquaintance of your's is a coward. If he doesn't want his friends to use his house as a base he should just tell them so, nobody will kill him.

An advice for you OP. never use the actions of a select few to judge others.

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by cococandy(f): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
After going round in circles you agree with me that not all males are alpha?
Good.
Your first post says we men are made alphas meaning that men are all naturally alphas isn't it?
Now you also admit that females can be alphas too? Keep contradicting yourself.

My point is that a male 'alphaness' isn't hinged on how he's able to dominate his woman but more about he's the at the top among men.
As against the picture you were trying to paint.
Following that train of thought a man who can beat,manipulate or shout his woman into submission can call himself alpha even when he has nothing that it takes to be the head.

we are talking of the human species here.
If a woman finds such a man as the true alpha male,I doubt if she'll have a problem with his leadership.so that's by the way

njokusboy:

My friend go and sleep, I never said all men are Alphas, I said a man who controls his home is an alpha as far as his home is concerned... Check one of my post, I also said if a woman dominates the home, than the man is no alpha....
It was you who said an alpha male is only in relation to other males and has nothing to do with women......
The first use of alpha males is in relation to a pack of wolves which is usually headed by the father.... Nd he can be overthrowned....

2 Likes

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by apolonius(m): 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
shaybebaby:
I think you are one of the few sane ones. Will follow you and read your other posts to ascertain if I'm right or if perhaps this is just one moment of clarity in the sea of insanity. tongue. not that you are or should be bothered by what I think, just looking to reassure myself that all hope is not lost and that there are still good peeps out there, good peeps sound of heart and mind.

Thanks. I am no saint,just one consciously trying to shatter the curtains of autocracy and the patriarchal concept of marriage as servitude that have denied us true love,fulfillment and enduring marital peace.
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by shaybebaby(f): 3:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
apolonius:

Thanks. I am no saint,just one consciously trying to shatter the curtains of autocracy and the patriarchal concept of marriage as servitude that have denied us true love,fulfillment and enduring marital peace.
Who is? But that self reflection and examination is what matters because that is the only way to grow and become a better person.
I sighted your post on the other thread about what family is about, are you single?
From what I am sighting, I could dash you one of my fine friends. grin
Observing mode activated!

2 Likes

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by vislabraye(m): 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
nairaland.com.
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Ngokafor(f): 3:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
cococandy:
After playing with their youth cheesy

..Lwkmd!..as in when everi everi don shrivel finish ba?..hehe..
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by traware(m): 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
cococandy:
After playing with their youth cheesy
Nah!!!I very much intend to 'check out' this way.Nothing do me.Emi ni baller!

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
shaybebaby:
Not in mine and a lot of homes I know. Ain't no bosses in mine. We rule together, side by side, bonnie and Clyde, ride or die together not oga and his minions or madam and her boi-boi!
Stop chatting bullsh!t! It's too early in the week! angry

Lolzzz, I won't bother responding.... With the energy you dey use puff, I sure say e no long before you yab me... Nd am a worse yabber... Nd dis thread go spoil.... Madam, when u re ready to debate without throwing invectives, lemme know.....
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Ngokafor(f): 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
shaybebaby:
Who is? But that self reflection and examination is what matters because that is the only way to grow and become a better person.
I sighted your post on the other thread about what family is about, are you single?

..hey you lady please take timeoo!..i was going to recommend him to one of my sweet friends,now you want to snatch him from 'us'..abegoo...

..@apolonius dont mind her,if you are still single and searching, i have a sweet,fresh-face, skin and decent babe for you.She is also a good cook..so what do you say?..hehe..

... just kidding but i honestly love reading your balanced comments on men,women and relationships...if thats how how you really are then your wif is/will be a lucky woman...keep it up.
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by traware(m): 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ngokafor:

..hey you lady please take timeoo!..i was going to recommend him to one of my sweet friends,now you want to snatch him from 'us'..abegoo...

..@apolonius dont mind her,if you are still single and searching, i have a sweet,fresh-face, skin and decent babe for you.She is also a good cook..so what do you say?..hehe..

... just kidding but i honestly love reading your balanced comments on men,women and relationships...if thats how how you really are then your wif is/will be a lucky woman...keep it up.
A very nice pat on the back for you @apolonius.By the way,@Ngokafor since he is such 'a real/good man' why must he marry just a wife and not wives?Eh?Why should he limit himself to just one woman when there is always a steady stream of young,fresh faced women always available for men from age 18 to age 120?

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by bukatyne(f): 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
chinziaski: A woman who knows her onion and keeps to it will always find it difficult with men of this day. They find those women hard to crack therefore they chicken out. Many men want submissive women, a woman that will ignore their ills. A woman who will strictly adhere to his rules and face her job of cooking and giving birth. But, lucky is the man who marries these women because on the long run, they get the real fulfillment of marriage. I told a woman about her bill some days back, you know what her reply was "let me tell my husband". Chai! I said "which kind woman be dis?" A woman who knows her onion will sort the problem there without calling her husband but later tell her husband she had taken care of the problem. We find those women who know their onions bossy and very hard to manipulate. So we get scared of the future.

Very correct

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by shaybebaby(f): 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ngokafor:

You snooze you loose! I sighted him first. Apolonius, what say you? I will prepare before you a buffet of fine delectable well mannered and hot gals, you can have just one though depending on ya taste. grin
I will personally pay the bride price for you! All you have to do is choose one and sail away into the sunset together.
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by apolonius(m): 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
shaybebaby:

The human spirit is a 'god',it connects with the 'personalities within us' even without having to see us. I appreciate your comments and do cherish your intelligence-real intelligence enchants me greatly.

I found love over 1 year ago,and it has been so beautiful that we are saying 'I do' in September,God willing. You know how it is when you have had interesting relationships,and then true love happens in a way you decide to marry early and quite young?This is what my story is that I can only thank you for your genuine offer.

But who says we can't go beyond sharing beautiful ideas on here and be proactive in connecting great guys and babes together across states and around the world?

I am grateful.smiley
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by apolonius(m): 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
traware: A very nice pat on the back for you @apolonius.By the way,@Ngokafor since he is such 'a real/good man' why must he marry just a wife and not wives?Eh?Why should he limit himself to just one woman when there is always a steady stream of young,fresh faced women always available for men from age 18 to age 120?

Thanks bro.

On 'wives',you want make Lady Coco and the titans of feminism chew you alive?smiley
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by apolonius(m): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ngokafor:

Thanks for your kind words. Bless you.smiley
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
cococandy: After going round in circles you agree with me that not all males are alpha?
Good.
Your first post says we men are made alphas meaning that men are all naturally alphas isn't it?
Now you also admit that females can be alphas too? Keep contradicting yourself.

My point is that a male 'alphaness' isn't hinged on how he's able to dominate his woman but more about he's the at the top among men.
As against the picture you were trying to paint.
Following that train of thought a man who can beat,manipulate or shout his woman into submission can call himself alpha even when he has nothing that it takes to be the head.

we are talking of the human species here.
If a woman finds such a man as the true alpha male,I doubt if she'll have a problem with his leadership.so that's by the way

Lolzzz, I never said all males are Alphas and you know it.... Atleast I never championed that course, my response to you clearly states that.... Abi no be me write am... I go quote am after this....
Neither my first post or any other posts suggested that there are no female Alphas... Check my post again, I said, "if the woman runs the home, the male is no alpha"... Stop grasping at straws to score cheap points...

Your point was that alpha has nothing to do with women and an alpha is only dominant among males... And I told you, an alpha controls his unit, his unit includes his wife... So what is your point....
No definition of alpha states that it is the dominant male in a group of males... An Alpha is the dominant male in his pack which consists of his wives and children.... A male is the Alpha in his home... An alpha is not the Top among men, he is the top in his unit.... A woman can also be an Alpha in a pack, does it mean, its only among the females.... Hell no....

What are you even talking about... You are veering off tangent... I don't understand "the shouting, the beating, and having what it takes to be the head".... Kindly elaborate...
I reiterate, An alpha as far as the human specie is concerned is one who handles his ShIT, is in charge of his home.... In my circus, I am an Alpha... Among my peers, I am only one of the hotheads... Am I an Alpha where they are concerned, no... We are all the same... When each goes to his home, he can become an Alpha....
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Ngokafor(f): 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
apolonius:

The human spirit is a 'god',it connects with the 'personalities within us' even without having to see us. I appreciate your comments and do cherish your intelligence-real intelligence enchants me greatly.

I found love over 1 year ago,and it has been so beautiful that we are saying 'I do' in September,God willing. You know how it is when you have had interesting relationships,and then true love happens in a way you decide to marry early and quite young?This is what my story is that I can only thank you for your genuine offer.

But who says we can't go beyond sharing beautiful ideas on here and be proactive in connecting great guys and babes together across states and around the world?

I am grateful.smiley

..Awwww this is nice...Happy married life in advance..

..@shaybebaby ntoor!you wanted to 'chance' my friend right?...well he is getting hitched soon..*tongue out*..
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
njokusboy:

EVERY MAN IS AN ALPHA AS FAR AS HIS HOME IS CONCERNED EXCEPT WHERE THE WOMAN LEADS THE HOME.....

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by shaybebaby(f): 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
njokusboy:

Lolzzz, I won't bother responding.... With the energy you dey use puff, I sure say e no long before you yab me... Nd am a worse yabber... Nd dis thread go spoil.... Madam, when u re ready to debate without throwing invectives, lemme know.....

You just did ya know! Me that was expending energy doing housework as well as perusing NL. It's called multitasking and that is something only an alpha- female would understand cool.
But... First sensible thing you have said on this thread, the not engaging!
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by shaybebaby(f): 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
apolonius:

I am grateful.smiley

Congratulations to you and your wife to be. She is one blessed person and I wish you every fortune, happiness and plenty of off springs. Your owe the world more mini- versions of you.
E pain me sha that I just returned from naija, otherwise I would gate crashed to come and chop rice, dance and celebrate with you.
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by traware(m): 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
apolonius:

Thanks bro.

On 'wives',you want make Lady Coco and the titans of feminism chew you alive?smiley
I dey fear them?They can only cluck and quack and do nothing else.Which 60year old man wants to wake up with a 57year old woman next to him every morning?Me?at the age of 72,I want to wake up with two fresh faced,firm bodied young women on my left and right sides every morning.Nothing do me.I dey live my life!!!Eh eh eh eh ehhh!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by shaybebaby(f): 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ngokafor:

..Awwww this is nice...Happy married life in advance..

..@shaybebaby ntoor!you wanted to 'chance' my friend right?...well he is getting hitched soon..*tongue out*..
Ngo, take time o. You are looking for my trouble ooo, where is my e- bulala?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator / Getting Married To A Widower / Today Is Children's Day: Say Something To The Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.