Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) (128296 Views)

Addressing Hnaub's Accreditation Issue Once And Forever / HNAUB Admission Requirement, Courses, Tuition and Hostel Accomodation Fees. / Hnaub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by emymama(m): 11:20am On Aug 02, 2011
I've been there, and I think I'm sure of what I saw.
the schoooooooooooolllllllllllll issssssssss baaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddd oooooooooo! no even think am at alllllllllll
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by nandulchic(f): 3:01pm On Aug 02, 2011
emy culd u pls explain tins 2 me? lyk how is d skuul, d teaching nd oda main tins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by amme1(m): 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2011
emymama:

I've been there, and I think I'm sure of what I saw.
the schoooooooooooolllllllllllll issssssssss baaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddd oooooooooo! no even think am at alllllllllll
Thats a total lie, i wish i had gone to hnaub instead of that stupid fut minna, that wasted 5 years of my life. My sis graduated from that school and currently doing her masters in france, and did i mention that it took her only 3yrs 2 grad? so emymama n oda haters stop hating and go building your own uni.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by harleybee(f): 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2011
@emymama, 90% of what u wrote is total gibberish. D only dept. i know is not functioning well in HNAUB is d skool of medicine, i was there 4rm 2004-2006 and i had to leave because the med. skool was bad as i was a med. student wen i was there. You said u've nt heard of any graduates that served in Nigeria,that's a total lie.just because u didn't make a good research doesn't mean u are right, maybe u shd check on facebook n type HNAUB OR HNAUB memories, den u can ask them 'ur "so-sure research" cos i can boldly tell u that all my year mates from other depts did their NYSC in Nigeria n are working in big companies today. Just wanted to correct u, peace out,

1 Like

Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by harleybee(f): 2:53pm On Aug 08, 2011
my advice for those willing to go to HNAUB is that they should go directly to the skool admin and find out themselves.Some of my friends did that b4 they came to d skool den and 4rm there u get to see other students n can ask wateva question u've got.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by overloved(m): 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2011
@ am me,

the school is a bad school and its not recognised. If u can post on nairaland, i'm sure u shud be able to google the name of the school and to help you out u can visit these link of unaccreditted schools and you will see it in the H section.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unaccredited_institutions_of_higher_learning
and for your info, for the fact that your sister have gone to the school and doing her masters in france does not make any difference. They are just after her money and who knows if she has furthered her masters to a school thats not aslo recognised. Mtchewwwww.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by sbm4real(m): 10:46am On Aug 17, 2011
What is on the list of unaccredited schools is Houdegbe North American University, Nigeria. Their study centers in Nigeria are indeed not accredited by NUC
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by josazee: 8:29pm On Sep 01, 2011
Before I got admission into Houdegbe North American University I read you guys Comments but thank God I didn't listen to the Bad ones cuz the school is good. I started in March and in October I will be in 200L, So quick. Please for those who are seeking for admission Checkout http://www.9jera.com/university-admission-without-jamb.html for more information.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by shogunle: 1:31pm On Sep 25, 2011
Hello Nairalanders,
you've all say it well. but i will like to visit the school and see for myself.
can anybody help with direction to the school from Mile2, Lagos, Nigeria.
you can reach e on 08099042738 or shogunlekenny@yahoo.com
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by otokx(m): 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2011
Pretty controversial
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by josazee: 11:49pm On Nov 17, 2011
For Direct Entry to the University without Jamb visit http://www.9jera.com/university-admission-without-jamb.html
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by shogunle: 8:13pm On Jan 06, 2012
I've been to the school and the school is not bad as you guys have described.
School fees is okay and school premises are not bad.
Just that the school is not big and for that you will easily be monitored.
Meaning you need to school by the rules, no student staff.
I won't encourage the bad boys and gurls to apply to the school?
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by josazee: 6:17pm On Jan 20, 2012
Before I got admission into Houdegbe North American University I read you guys Comments but thank God I didn't listen to the Bad ones cuz the school is good. I started in March and in October I will be in 200L, So quick. Please for those who are seeking for admission Checkout http://www.9jera.com/university-admission-without-jamb.html for more information.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by tban22: 1:50pm On Mar 14, 2012
am so much interestd in comin 2d skul av heard enuf bt dat does nt pul me dwnt. Nid help of how to process it pls heard d new freshers are resumin oct 1st. Pls help ur boy
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by succexkhid: 10:47am On May 03, 2012
kaycast can u help me find out ow mch medical students pays per semester..................plis asap
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by rifvadale(f): 11:55am On Jun 23, 2012
Wow!! Interesting arguments here. Yes, HNAUB is upcoming, Rome wasn't built in a day! The institutions in Nigeria didn't just spring up and became functional instantly. I remember reading about the history of Unical, how students used to receive classes in uncompleted buildings and lived in dark rooms, hence the hostel name, "Malabor". On the issue of accredition and standards: the school is credited and recognized by the government of Benin, in which it is located, what else do you need? Has NUC finished solving the academic problems in Nigeria? No! I was in 300l when my department was scrapped off for lack of accredition, so you see, we have a common problem! When our people return home with credentials from institutions is the Americas, Asia and Europe, are they questioned? Is it because it is cotonou? Yes! It is frustration that made us choose HNAUB, but I will choose HNAUB over and over again, rather than remain a candidate of jamb or stay at home because of strike. Be informed that these lecturers you are talking about came to HNAUB to look for jobs, they are tired of the situation in Nigeria as well, ASUU strike and aLl, and since the larger population are English speaking Nigeria, lectures need to be delivered in a language we understand!
HNAUB offers an opportunity for education when Nigerian Educational system gives you none.
And please, critics, compare our almighty Madonna University to HNAUB, will you? I am a proud graduate of HNAUB and will be all smiles when I wear my robe on the 7th of July. You can sit back at home and wait for jamb to jam you several times and then strike to strike you till you grow old.

2 Likes

Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by lammybeauty: 11:50pm On Jun 28, 2012
Is it true about d ASUU strike or is it a rumour
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by Hezzymania(m): 6:57pm On Jul 12, 2012
when next is hnaub recruiting students, can anyone give me info?
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by LtCZAR: 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
they are admitting now, if your are interested
your can reach me on this number
+22967544994 or send me an e-mail to
irohin190@yahoo.com
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by LtCZAR: 11:39am On Jul 13, 2012
Get Admission into Houdegbe North America university cotonou.SCHOOL FEES IS AFFORDABLE COMPARE TO NIGERIAN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES NEXT SEMESTER COMMENCES AUGUST 2ND HURRY NOW TO OBTAIN THE FORM. FOR MORE ENQUIRY CALL ME ON +22967544994
OR SEND A MAIL TO irohin190@yahoo.com
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by Glozzie(f): 4:49pm On Aug 02, 2012
Wow....av being followin up dz insultz on HNAUB....lol...tz d same in Nigeria...wn pple speak ill of LASU n prefer UNILAG....yet...UNILAG can neva stnd near LASU wn t comz 2 competin (quiz).....judgin a school ova anoda z absurd...y shud u judge a school..evn if our so calld Nigeria didnt credit t ....Nigeria kipz makin me laf..lmao.....ma switz,tz not bou d sch go 2...tz bou ow u train yasef n let odaz train u positively....if u interested in HNAUB...go dea...do ya best n leave d rest 2 GOD....ez gonna ova-surpriz u positively....luv u'al. n i knw loadza graduate 4rm dt sch dt av servd in Nigeria...jeez...dey r al zo bright n cheerful...zo bold...dt sch z rily Unique!

1 Like

Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by hormayemmy(f): 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2012
Wat m after z f d skul z accredited by NUC...so,plz palz,z d skul accredited by NUC.Genuine ansas,plz
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by LtCZAR: 11:29am On Aug 09, 2012
the schl is arcerdited.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by Briony84(f): 8:28am On Aug 20, 2012
It's amazing to read through this thread and see hnaub being thrashed like this....I went to that school and I wore my gown on the seventh of July....the school is accredited...the major issue there is that their medical department is totally lacking and is crappy ...but if ur gng for business course, international relations or computer science or mass com..then ur on track...it's just a Wally small school and if it's as bad as people say then I don't think it would have been offered admission in canad for 2013fall semester...that school gave me the chance in life that Nigerian schools never gave me...so peeps its time to stop listening to hear say and. Heck out their website...

1 Like

Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by opezy: 9:42am On Aug 20, 2012
Plz guyz,my sis is presently processin d skul,bt d woman handling d process,we dnt knw if she z extortin money 4rm us wit d form nd other stuff ,she collected 50k.wat do u say abt dat.

md
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by Briony84(f): 9:49am On Aug 20, 2012
opezy: Plz guyz,my sis is presently processin d skul,bt d woman handling d process,we dnt knw if she z extortin money 4rm us wit d form nd other stuff ,she collected 50k.wat do u say abt dat.

md

50k for what....the form is five thousand naira only...when u come come with your WAec results so that they can check if ur qualified for the course you want to do before ever they u the forms to even buy....after u buy the forms and you get your admission letter then you can start talking about any money to be spent...who is the woman doing it for you cos the last I checked admission is very easy as long as u have ur complete papers....you need to go to the sch n do it urself...it takes about one hour to do it all....pls beware of scammers

G

1 Like

Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by IWORA: 2:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
Ok, I want to provide my opinion. First, the website of the school is http://www.houdegbeuniversity.com/. I am not a student in the school. My investigation shows that the school is accredited by the accreditation agency of Benin. Truly, Benin is a country separate from Nigeria. Requesting Nigerian NUC to accredit Benin is like requesting South Africa to accredit universities in Nigeria. This makes no meaning to me. We must respect the sovereignty of nations. Note that in Nigeria there are many students that have questionable entry qualifications. Some are in Nigerian universities with lower qualifications. Would you condemn those universities are being fake? What the government of Nigeria should do is to write to Benin Government and confirm if the university is accredited or not. There was time in the history of Nigeria that degrees from America were considered as being lower in quality: but today you know as well as I do that one of the best universities in the world , Harvard , is in US not in UK. Note also that among the best 50 universities in Africa, South Africa dominates the scene and not Nigeria, even Ghana appears to be better. You can check and confirm the status of Nigerian universities on the list. As observed by one of the contributors, the fact that lecturers are obtained from LASU, a Nigerian University, to lecture at Houdebge suggests that the university wants quality as high as the Nigerian university. If we quarrel about this, it means that LASU has unqualified lecturers. Note also that many universities in Nigeria borrow, regularly,lecturers who are authorities in their fields to help out where there is need. This is recognized world wide. Have you heard of sabbatical leave for lecturers: what do you think it is intended to achieve? . For instance, in one of the very old universities in Nigeria, there was a time that it could not graduate students doing PhD in Accounting because it has no skill to conclude the supervision of such students. The university had to request for a professor from a very young university to assist. What would one say to that? For short, I would want contributors, especially those in Benin to confirm from the relevant authority in Benin responsible for accrediting universities as to whether Houdebge university is accredited or not.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by Briony84(f): 2:29pm On Aug 22, 2012
@iwora...very well spoken...the school is very accredited by Benin republic and they have their accreditation number on the jacket of their brochure.....recently NUC was in the school to do a general survey but I couldn't understand the stupidity of Nigeria because we won't go to Ghana to survey a school...just because Benin is a small country they disregard the sovereignty of the nation...it baffles me at the same time totally annoys me....i don't remembr a time when Benin was colonized by Nigeria.....if my memory serves me right it was colnised by the French so I really do not know where an anglophone country like Nigeria gets off showing some madness.....DR Octavia houdegbe at one time was under pressure about this accreditation thing in nigeria and if my memory serves me we'll he has sorted his issues with the Nigerian educational system...right about now in the school...am so downright sure you cannot gain admission with fake credentials because right in front of you , your waec result will be confirmed and if it's fake you asked to go....secondly students hat came in with fake credentials have been scrapped off...It took a lot out of dr oudegbe to scrap off this students but the man did the right thing...he has come a long way and pls people who know nothing of the man,s pain and struggle shouldn't sit at home and judge him....this type of judgement and disregard of benninoise is what has given growth to the hatred and hostile ness towards Nigerians in the country...I spent three years there and not for one day was a bennoise nice to me because as far as they were concerned we Nigerians have no respect for human rights...
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by Dupsey007(f): 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2012
Plz how much is the tuition fee for their Nursing program?
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by femolilo: 6:11am On Sep 05, 2012
Please, i want to ask about pharmacy if it has been accredited? Cos i have a brother that want to study pharmacy and i want to know about it..... I need a quick answer to this.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by LtCZAR: 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2012
the Medical department is accredited

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Waec Result As Been Release / List Of University In Nigeria And Their School Fees Available Here. / A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.