Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) (128292 Views)

Addressing Hnaub's Accreditation Issue Once And Forever / HNAUB Admission Requirement, Courses, Tuition and Hostel Accomodation Fees. / Hnaub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by drpaula: 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2013
Didn't know I was dealing with a shallowed-out ninny who at the slightest provocation, throws dirty expletives as "bitch, degenerate good for nothing"...for a moment back there, you looked exactly like your words.
Your conduct's consistent with a case of schizo-affective disorder, so hey, give yourself some dignity.
You offended all HNAUBites when you questioned our credibility(which is just so wrong). Who made you judge? And what is the precipice of your judgement? Your self-acclaimed justification's based on what exactly, brother? "...because you school in the UK, in a place you aren't even proud to mention, perhaps because it aint Ivy League.
Take my advice: leave us alone, and you won't get any further of such posts directed toward you.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by drpaula: 9:58pm On Mar 24, 2013
And um, Jeemyshun, while you're there in the UK, you might wanna learn to spell english words as "decrepit" correctly...
And while you're at it, get your tenses straightened out!
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by Femi4life(m): 2:05am On Mar 31, 2013
To be honest with you guys. Houdegbe is rubbish, it got no credibility whatsoever. Same goes to all english private universities in Benin.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by drpaula: 6:12am On Mar 31, 2013
Here comes now, a person with a gentle touch, yet doing damage!
Something within tells me your "misinformation"-forgive me, stems from a verdict you and some other people passed on the school a few years ago, when everything about the school was indeed, wack.
But let us (as I speak not for myself alone, but also for all concerned bright students who have employment futures the likes of you seem so eager to dim by speaking ill of the very institution that qualifies the majority of us) assume like-mindedness with the professors of biology. All living things grow! It will come small, poop on itself a couple of times; it will be experimental, demonstrating foolishness at almost everything; most assuredly, it'd implode a few times.
Then with age and development of its complex processes, it starts to get better. Getting the picture yet?
If you have younger siblings: did you ever feel like you just wanted to quietly give them up for free to other families seeking children, because they were too noisy for their own good, or made you stay up late washing soiled nappies? Or perhaps you kept accepting responsibility for things they broke, and that was terribly infuriating! (Lol! I know the feeling...just stay with me. I'll let you see where I'm headed in a bit)
But we gave them a chance at life; we just held up hope and they've turned out quite fine. They grew. They developed. That's the order of all living things-there's a growth potential, no matter how small.
Same thing for us at HNAUB: its evolving rapidly (to our sheer delight), and we're working at an honest means of becoming qualified for whatever career path we choose.
People'd stick with a teeny-weeny, run-down church congregation and believe it'd grow bigger and do better; and would do this without saying "that church is rubbish". Why? Its because what's most important is how her members turn out, contribute to society, and glorify Jesus.
Just saying that noone has got the right to label an honest institution doing all its best to churn people of substance back out to society.
Just saying: come on! Stop with the names, already.
I'm sure you now understand us better. *smiles* Blessings on you.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by Femi4life(m): 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2013
Yes, I do understand your point, and am happy you stated that at a point it was nothing to right home about. Well may be am writing with what I sometime know HANUB as. Am sorry if have in anyway offended students of the institution. I still have some questions for you. 1. Do you by anyway know any of the university staff who has a ward studying there ?. 2. Can you reply with facts that HANUB is better than any private university in Nigeria in terms of standard ?
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by olanirun: 8:22am On Apr 01, 2013
the web site of Houdegbe, yes will remain know,the , i can not categorically tell you one now because the one that wait wait, the one that we are going to make use of am not the one that is going to create it , am, not wait the one that we are going to make use of is going to make know by my oga at the top... yes , i cant announce one now and my oga say is another one we are going to use yes, is something we can not have multiple web site but the one that is (cough)my oga yes ok.. ok if you want to know about Houdegbe, ww. Houdegbe yes so (cough) that all... grin grin grin
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by drpaula: 9:47am On Apr 01, 2013
*all smiles* I'm beginning to do a lot of that (smiling, I mean) on Nairaland...something I didn't believe was possible.
I'd be direct in responding to your questions, dear Femi, and I hope you find my answers adequate.
To question 1, yes. There even are students who've come to the knowledge of the school via the recommendation of it by her staff (academic and non-academic staff alike). Its quite a shame I cannot prove this here as I am not allowed to mention names, this being a public forum. But you can choose to either not believe me, or to believe me. I call on you to do the latter, though. *smile again*
To question 2: I'm gonna start a "word-fight" if I make comparison between my school and private universities in Nigeria, so I'm just going to stick with telling you this- apart from aptly grasping the science of medicine (the primary reason for my being there), I am bilingual. Didn't say I can speak some french. Said bilingual, and that's one thing I'll take with me everywhere. We have exchange programs with the University of Philadelphia, USA and people have used that to their advantage. The exposure to new people has helped me to understand the diversity that exists in the West African communities, so to that end, I have 3 words.
HNAUB's great quality.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by Femi4life(m): 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2013
Drpaula, you will agree with me that there is no private or even government owned university that has no exchange with foreign institution in one form or the other, to me that is an irrelevant fact because even the secondary school I attended have relationships with foreign institutions. You don't need to be untruthful we
both know fully well that no lecture there has a ward in the university. HANUB claim to be approved by both the government of Benin and Nigeria, this is not possible in anyway at all. Benin is a French speaking country, how possible is it that HANUB being an English speaking institution will be accredited by the French ? HANUB is only located there and is meant to be under the N.U.C . Wonder what type of professor's and administrator's the university has, do the Nigeria government approve a university herself ?, it has a body responsible for that, the N.U.C is meant to be said to do the approval. ;DDrpaula, you will agree with me that there is no private or even government owned university that has no exchange with foreign institution in one form or the other, to me that is an irrelevant fact because even the secondary school I attended have relationships with foreign institutions. You don't need to be untruthful we
both know fully well that no lecture there has a ward in the university. HANUB claim to be approved by both the government of Benin and Nigeria, this is not possible in anyway at all. Benin is a French speaking country, how possible is it that HANUB being an English speaking institution will be accredited by the French ? HANUB is only located there and is meant to be under the N.U.C . Wonder what type of professor's and administrator's the university has, do the Nigeria government approve a university herself ?, it has a body responsible for that, the N.U.C is meant to be said to do the approval.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by Femi4life(m): 11:48pm On Apr 01, 2013
I stand to be corrected, late Dr. Irawo was not a graduate from HANUB, rather he died as a medical student of Igbinedion university. Wonder where you got your information from.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by drpaula: 2:07pm On Apr 02, 2013
U, my dear friend, just made it clear that u state ur facts without being well-informed.
As a non-student, u "know for sure" that no member of staff have wards in HNAUB? Its d most ludicrous thing I've heard ever. I won't budge to disclose info about students who're wards of lecturers (at least, those ones I am aware of)
Secondly, I find it offensive that u'd infer that I'm a liar. Ok, assume for two minutes that I was. I'd have to have a lot of nerve to come up with that lie on Nairaland. D late Dr Irawo (his soul rest in peace) and his sister, Dr Ojia Adamolekun graduated as Drs from HNAUB. At this point, I'm repulsed to think u're desperately seeking a loophole to put ur hands on.
Finally, when I started to answer ur questions, I said I was never going to compare, and was only going to stick with some highpoints of my school. So what if nigerian private schools have foreign exchange programs? Its a matter of choice. I'll go for what I want, anyway.
HNAUB in closing, has no business with d NUC. The only accreditation body my school liases with is of Benin Republic. We are taught in English language as it's a North American university. The NUC is welcome to visit anytime (as a large part of the school is Nigerian), but that is all there is to it.
I have nothing to lose. I'm a final year medical student, and will be recognized for how apt I am at my field, and not for where I finished from.
I have no more words for u, Femi.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by avicky(f): 9:36pm On Apr 10, 2013
drpaula: Who heard of the tragic event of a shooting that happened at Anthony village, Lagos state? It involved a doctor who was driving home from work.
It pains me to use this as an example, but that guy, the late Dr Irawo Adamolekun was a graduate of HNAUB. Key points are: medical doctor working in Nigeria.
Yours truly is a final year medical student. My department have always taken the fall as is seen in statements like, "d sch of med is bad, but d rest of d school is good", and more that bears semblance to it.
I appeal to students of HNAUB: represent your school fully. Be informed before you make definitive statements about the school of medicine. It used to be disparagingly bad...and that was when it was established. Things picked up eventually. I have seen two sets of senior colleagues graduate in my time. If you have reservations, it'd be helpful (for you and everyone else) to visit the department, and talk with her officials...and visit the laboratory also. I'm convinced that would help!
I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to be bilingual, exposed (enlightened by virtue of social interaction), while being trained in medicine in a manner I would call in all honesty, thorough.
You question the credibility of the doctors that graduate from the university when you carry on with the rumors which lack substance.
And oh! Did I say? Some of our first set graduates topped the result board of the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association liscensing exams, an exam for all doctors that weren't trained in Nigeria. I'm pretty sure there were graduates from all those fancy Ivy League universities ...who couldn't outshine our reps.
You just wait...my set plans to put us all in the news come 2013.
And be nice- I might be your doctor someday!
Pls doc, I need some info on Master progs but there is no website to enquire from. I want to do a Masters in French Translation or French Lang. And how much it will cost both for tuition and accommodation. As well as d duration. My e-mail is french_funmi@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by ProfJosh(m): 6:32am On Jun 17, 2013
what is Asedanu?...asedanu is wen u dnt have any oda choice dan to gwan study @hnaub...
Scammers.
Thr z nofin u wanna telme abt dat schl wch i dnt knw...na God save me...i wuld av bin in houdegbe by now.
Wait....how much r dey payin u for this?

1 Like

Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by ProfJosh(m): 6:37am On Jun 17, 2013
were u not denied by d original north america university in north america wen u claimed to av a collabo wit dem? Dint dey refer to u as scammers?....wat den r u guyz sayin?....anyway,am not gonna blame u guyz...its good to cherish wateva one has.be it good or bad
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by drpaula: 6:55am On Jun 17, 2013
I smiled the whole time I read through your entire piece, ProfJosh. And my smile will stay on. You know why? You have spoken as one full of bitter hate and malicious intent, and I will let fate answer you.
Where on this earth did you get all your info from? Your source needs radical sprucing, you know?
You were right about one thing though. I'm that kind of girl that'd stick up for something she believes in. And I'm not going to let anybody waltz in and try to defame the very institution that's trained me. What is at stake is all our credibility, and it will take more than an army of like-minded jockheads to take that away.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by ProfJosh(m): 5:53am On Jun 18, 2013
fine....cool.... Seemz ya hnaub's advocate...lemme just ask u sum kwestionz...wah made u choose hnaub? Was it bcoz u culdnt get admitd here or bcoz u were rusticatd frm ur schl? Or u were dumb or u wantd to b far away from hme? Oh perharps u wantd to show ur fwendz u studied abroad... Look here,go on and abuse me well...its not gonna tke anyfin frm me... All am stil gonna say ova and ova again z dat HNAUB z not a university.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by kellyjohn911: 9:11am On Jun 18, 2013
Naija o baje.....pls,I need someone to help me with a link to the Director of Nigerian University commission(NUC). To be honest the truth must be said. I so much regret coming to this so called HNAUB. The only dissapointing thing is that naija allows them to serve. That has been their deceiving skills. Have been their for over 2years blaming myself now am planning to transfer out of the nonsense school. The school is meant for girls who want to take their prostitution to the next level and boys who want to because totally useless for the country. Most boys there are either a yahooboy,cocaine carrier or fraudster. Bening republic as whole accommodation all sort of criminal act. Parent are hereby advice to stop ruining the lives of their children because their the future of nigeria. I figured some peeps are been paid to publicize for the school. From a reliable source,I heard the owner of the school his also a mafia. His only using the school to disguize. Parent pls,don't be a victim.

2 Likes

Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by Stunning007(m): 11:54pm On Jun 19, 2013
ADMISSION IN PROGRESS!!
Study in HOUDEGBE NORTH AMERICAN UNIVERSITY, Republic du benin.

The school is accredited and we have produuced a number of graduates who have served and are also employed. Visit the link below to read more about the accreditation.

http://www.sosmaitonline.com/2013/09/houdegbe-hnaub-north-american-university-accreditation.html?m=1

Admission in progress for next session 2013/2014.

ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
1.Waec or Neco result with minimum of five credit, no more than two sitings.
2. Authentified waec, Neco, GCE Certificate (Ministry of Education and foreign affairs)
3.Testimonial of your secondary school.
4.Birth certificate
5.Application fee
School fees are very cheap compared to private Universities in Nigeria and can also be paid installment.

Admission Form still on sale
Resumption Date;
1st semester - NOV
2nd semester- March
Summer session - August

For those interested:
Phone: +22966780397
Pin: 23431B2D
Email: uncode22@gmail.com
Twitter: @Acarendez

NOTE: Confirmation of 0'level(5 Credits) allows you for the purchase of form.
O'levels are first confirmed before the sale of forms for intending student.
No Jamb required!!
HURRY NOW AND OBTAIN YOUR FORM

For those interested:
Phone: +22966780397
Pin: 23431B2D
Email: uncode22@gmail.com
Twitter: @Acarendez

For Tuition fees Visit www.hnaub.bj
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by drpaula: 8:11am On Jun 20, 2013
"...wah made u choose hnaub? Was it bcoz u culdnt get admitd here or bcoz u were rusticatd frm ur schl? Or u were dumb or u wantd to b far away from hme? Oh perharps u wantd to show ur fwendz u studied abroad...", ProfJosh's litany.
I now question the quality of your person, ProfJosh. Funny thing is, I haven't insulted you in my previous posts, and I find I don't need to. You put yourself out there for everyone to see...
You are cold, unfeeling. You don't even know me, yet you think you understand the basis on which I make my choices.
You are terrible at heart- all you care about is imposing your opinions on everybody else, you employ under-handed means, even resorting to grossly insulting your opponent.
You are educated, yet you are so shallow and narrow-minded. If you weren't, you'd be sensitive enough to know what is acceptable in situations like this, and what isn't. Yet with all your education, you come up with those nasty questions for me.
Education's not only what you read in those books. It applies also to how you school yourself in people management, knowing you will not always agree with them.
You, my friend, can strive to do better and be a better human being.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by ProfJosh(m): 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
Drpaula...Mre coment...Mre of dat pls. Bt it doesnt change d fact dat dat ur yeye uni z not a place 2b 4dose who av beta thingz to do wit thr life.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by elbulk(m): 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
@ProfJosh weda its Unilag,Futa or Hnaub d bottom line is no sch teaches u how to stand out,I wonder ur babsis of judgment,pls wat uni did u atend as I also went 2 a government uni...as long as d law graduates r alowed 2 law sch and d med graduates can practice,wat does it tell u...I knw of a uni in america dats indian owned and mostly patronized by indians,does it mean d acreditation board from india will go acredit it?no...once a sch is duely certified in its host country,nuc will accept the certs...or do the boards abroad have to certify our schools here 2 acept d certs?for ur info a lot of ur so called gov unis hav had their names removed from schools dat could certify in places like america,why?standard is crap...u should read mre and talk less

1 Like

Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by ProfJosh(m): 8:39am On Jul 13, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha... 4ur left mind. I gues ya directin ur reply 2d wrong person.I can't rmember i said ur uni needs 2b certified by d Nigerian govt...So,nxt time try to read tru my previous replies b4 u direct ur reply to me. And pls can u gimme d names of the nigeria federal universities dat were removed from d list of unis dat could b certified in places like america?
And incase u r realy curious abt d uni i atend. Av u heard of d nigeria's premier university? I min d great university of ibadan...Go and find out about d uni, u ll knw not a place 4d unserious ones coz tsunami shal b there portion... Que la paix du SEIGNEUR soit avec toi. CHAO!
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by drpaula: 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
"...that he is worthy both in learning and in character..." The boast of every university as it graduates worthy students.
You may have been trained, but you do lack character, Profjosh. Explains why you'd come up on Nairaland and waste everybody's time(including yours), putting up tedious arguments as to why HNAUB is not a university.
If you ever were to work with someone who's adept at his/her work, would you assess him/her otherwise because you discovered he/she studied at HNAUB?
There are jerks in every university, including U.I., but because schools aren't graded using such flimsy criterion, U.I. made a name for herself.
If you can prove graduates from HNAUB aren't efficient, you have a point...but in the meantime, monsieur, Il faut ne parler pas encore. Et s'il-te-plait, n'ecris pas encore de ce sujet.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by ProfJosh(m): 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahaha. Egba mi ooo. My head o. Evn ur french sef na bomb...Evn My ss1 students gan wil not such errors...Lemme just help u put it in a standard french so u can at least learn from d prof. Diz z d "francais standard"...
Monsieur,il ne faut plus parler. Et s'il te plait,n'ecris plus de ce sujet.
Hahahahahaha. In case u dnt get dat, lemme brk it down for u. Wen 2verbs folow eachoda in a sentence and u want 2mke it a negativ sentence,d 1st verb wil cary d negative xpresion and nt d 2nd. Infact av not seen a place whr an infinitif verb is found btw "ne...pas" (dats ibon). secondly,d xpresion "ne...pas encore" means "not yet". d xpresion 4 "no more" or "anymore" is "ne...plus" . u can take it to your lecturers there. i mean d prof among dem,dey wil tel u d same thing i just told you. Neva try 2retaliate in a language u r not good at. Joyeux dimanche
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by drpaula: 5:47am On Jul 15, 2013
*smile*
But u aint proved nothing yet.
*smile*
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by ProfJosh(m): 7:46am On Jul 15, 2013
But u av atleast learnt how 2put dat sentence in its corect form. No more argument...Chapter closed. Peace b with you all!
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by elbulk(m): 9:15pm On Jul 15, 2013
@dr paul hw has going to 2 d premier university put u ahead of any1 else...I'm sure u dnt hav d greatest job,oga its abt wat u do with ur life nt d sch u atend...grow up
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by ProfJosh(m): 11:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hey u...Y do u always talk off point? U r evn directin ur reply 2d wrong persn. Are dose eyez not workin wel? Take time 2read ppl's reply b4 u write urs... If d skul u atend doesnt av anyfin 2do with ur life,y do u go to schl den? Can u c d misconception? Think straight bro.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by adigunomomama(m): 8:20am On Jul 17, 2013
Hi everyone, drpaula nice of you (to be a great ambassador of your institution) and you prof, you also a great person, i love you guys cos I learnt alot from reading your posts. I just want to go straight here. Its ok guys. Pls its ok. iREP unILORIN
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by elbulk(m): 9:40am On Jul 26, 2013
ProfJosh: Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha... 4ur left mind. I gues ya directin ur reply 2d wrong person.I can't rmember i said ur uni needs 2b certified by d Nigerian govt...So,nxt time try to read tru my previous replies b4 u direct ur reply to me. And pls can u gimme d names of the nigeria federal universities dat were removed from d list of unis dat could b certified in places like america?
And incase u r realy curious abt d uni i atend. Av u heard of d nigeria's premier university? I min d great university of ibadan...Go and find out about d uni, u ll knw not a place 4d unserious ones coz tsunami shal b there portion... Que la paix du SEIGNEUR soit avec toi. CHAO!

Oga ure d 1 dat stated above u went 2 UI and I ask wat makes u better than sme1 from any oda sch...mentality is an issue with ppl like u...use ur certificate go collect money 4 bank now
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by Desloaaa(f): 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2013
see wetin jamb dey cause.
Re: Houdegbe North American University (hnaub) by ProfJosh(m): 7:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
@elbulk...Hahahahahahahahahhahahhaha....U c ur life? U dint read well b4 u comented again...Am not used to abusin ppl coz i dnt need to.....i dint deny d fact dat i went 2u.i...wat i denied instead was dat i said ur uni needs to b certified by d naija govt...dnt just talk rubish. Grow up plssss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Waec Result As Been Release / List Of University In Nigeria And Their School Fees Available Here. / A.B.U 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.