Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,557 members, 7,770,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:42 AM

Memoirs Of A Job Hunter - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Memoirs Of A Job Hunter (7824 Views)

Remmique Ft Hunter X Kris 808 Hustle Obsession / Farmer Or Hunter Which Would You Say You Are? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by barbiesparkz2(f): 10:46am On Mar 16, 2016
oweniwe:

I'm discouraged from applying for scholarships due to my present tight finances. When i read about Nigerian students being stranded abroad too... Things like that...

If have stable support to supplement in case of eventualities, i will apply, but presently, im on my own. .... One of my course mates in U.K is presently in quagmire as he is out of funds and he doesn't support from anywhere else.

If i run into murky waters, who will i call? sad

Your reasons are genuine.
However there are some foreign scholarships that cater for tuition and living expenses but they are quite rare.

I also realized that to process some of these scholarship offers would require some reasonable investment of one's money - posting documents, applying for transcripts, ...

I look forward to your next chapter.
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by Abiola4eva(m): 11:41am On Mar 16, 2016
nice write up, following........
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 12:15pm On Mar 16, 2016
barbiesparkz2:

I also realized that to process some of these scholarship offers would require some reasonable investment of one's money - posting documents, applying for transcripts, ...

I look forward to your next chapter.

I dont think fully funded scholarship are as easy as they sound... Communication protocols and other things...

Novena transcript/certificate alone is now 70k

Passport.. Visa... Wardrobe... Flight.... I'll need nothing less than 400k

E no easy smiley

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2016
semid4lyfe:
An interesting read, following. . . . .

Ah... Oga semid on my thread...!!.. shocked

*blush***** cool
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2016
8. Is There Really Money On The Internet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by An0nimus: 2:10am On Mar 17, 2016
Oweniwe I'm still following...I agree with a lot you have said here especially in the last part about finding money on the internet. It's definitely not as easy as generally assumed, even scammers are having a hard time these days. Your story is somewhat motivating and depressing (for lack of a better word) to me but I've enjoyed it so far. It's also made me do some introspecting.

I'm sorry about the hearing aid stuff and wish I could be of help. The below should be 'when'. At least, that's what I always tell myself when I talk about money.
If money comes in again... I'll look around for a good doctor who will fix everything once for all...

On the question about scholarship, if you wish, I think you could give it a shot. Sometimes if you look at the full journey before you it's difficult to take a step. When I chased scholarships, I knew the challenge was huge but I tried anyway. While I didn't get any at the end I learnt a lot and was (and still is) proud of what I did then. That's by the way though.

On a sidenote, you could edit the first post on the thread and put the links to every chapter in the memoir. That way, one can easily click on a link and go to, say, chapter 9. This saves one the time of reading through every post to get chapters that look interesting from the chapter titles. We can call lalastic lala to move the thread to FP when you're through writing.

That should be all for now. God's grace

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 8:57am On Mar 17, 2016
An0nimus:
Oweniwe I'm still following...

I'm a fun loving guy... I don't write depressing stuffs... If it sounds so sad, i might have review and rre-write some parts to be more humorous.... Cos.... It's like e dey arouse "pity" and that is not in any way my objective of writing the memoir. undecided

Let me reiterate here that the basic objective of writing d memoir is to show people able bodied who come online begging that there situation is not the worse... Even me... Despite of my challenges, im far better off than so many other people who have worse health issues... On the front page is the story of an ex beauty queen whose skin is peeling off due to a kind of rare condition... Or people in wheelchair selling biscuits in traffic... Things like that... embarassed

So... Me... I'm comfortable the way i am o... If i see opportunity to improve, i will try to exploit it if i have the means to do so... There are many people who dont have some assets that i have... I thank God. smiley

On the hearing aid.. Abeg forget am... the thing is like advertisement say person dey "sick" grin ...oh man, no going back to that level again... Its like a nerve was damaged somewhere i cant say.. When i was a kid i used to hold banger up in my hand instead of throwing it away... One devil banger like that went off and gbooaaa.... E be like say nepa wire shock me.... where exactly the problem is, i dont know... So it is better to treat d underlying cause than using hearing aid to mask it.

On scholarship... U get money to blow nau... Money makes the world go round... Without money, very little can be done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 11:59am On Mar 17, 2016
amicable09 ... Do u feel like blogging? You write well... Give naijasinglegirl a run for her money grin

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by amicable09(f): 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2016
oweniwe:
amicable09 ... Do u feel like blogging? You write well... Give naijasinglegirl a run for her money grin
Hahahaha.
You want to tease me right? I just write for fun, haven't studied the art of writing but will not mind learning under you 'cause whenever I open your thread, I stand transfixed!

I respect naijasinglegirl a lot, if I can sit beside her to suggest words while she writes, I bet I'll be a pro in weeks!
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by An0nimus: 4:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
oweniwe:

I'm a fun loving guy... I don't write depressing stuffs... If it sounds so sad, i might have review and rre-write some parts to be more humorous.... Cos.... It's like e dey arouse "pity" and that is not in any way my objective of writing the memoir. undecided

@bolded exactly. At a point that was the feeling I had.

Let me reiterate here that the basic objective of writing d memoir is to show people able bodied who come online begging that there situation is not the worse... Even me... Despite of my challenges, im far better off than so many other people who have worse health issues... On the front page is the story of an ex beauty queen whose skin is peeling off due to a kind of rare condition... Or people in wheelchair selling biscuits in traffic... Things like that... embarassed

So... Me... I'm comfortable the way i am o... If i see opportunity to improve, i will try to exploit it if i have the means to do so... There are many people who dont have some assets that i have... I thank God. smiley

It's alright smiley

On scholarship... U get money to blow nau... Money makes the world go round... Without money, very little can be done... check d link below and see my song lyrics ... .. If i have money, I'll produce music album... Ive got crisp voice o... But went to studio to enquire how much and they say a track is 25k.. 5 tracks will cost me 125k... Then to find artiste/recording company to pick it up... It might sound easy to u but from experience, only few attistes/recording companies will offer u cash upfront... The rest will definitely involve expensive and cumbersome negotiations... If i have money now to pursue those ambitions, I'll go ahead... But for now, hibernate... Wetin man go do? smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/944498/ym-sgnos

lol I didn't have money to blow. I went in with faith that when I get to that bridge I'll cross it one way or the other. Music is another hustle on its own if you ask me. The money alone is not enough. Some have done so many demo cds but are yet to sell a single copy.

Forgive my asking, and you're free not to answer, but you've said you'll do a lot of things if you had money. If by some miracle you get N10 million naira today what will you do with it? Music? Masters? Perfect the school result collation system? invest in your other business ideas?. Just curious.

On linking the chapters... Lala... Is nairaland paying me for bringing them traffic? Even some bloggers will drop something to feature the memoir on their site but nairaland... Will seun pay me? You may say i may be lucky to get sponsor on nairaland... Hmmm... It will make it look like im begging people... No no no no... Im not here to beg o smiley cool

hehe, you're the one talking about getting sponsors not me. I'm not saying you're here to beg either. It was a harmless suggestion anyway. NL won't pay you and many bloggers will copy your work the second it hits FP. That's if it has not already been copied. To me, the feeling of having reached out to people to pursue what they want regardless of circumstances is payment enough.

Cheers... smiley wink

Cheers mate.
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by JMAQ(m): 6:31pm On Mar 17, 2016
Oga Boss, Chairman, you write very well,were is remainig content of your memoir.we are waiting ooo.
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 9:03pm On Mar 17, 2016
Forgive my asking, and you're free not to answer, but you've said you'll do a lot of things if you had money. If by some miracle you get N10 million naira today what will you do with it? Music? Masters? Perfect the school result collation system? invest in your other business ideas?. Just curious.

*** modified****

in my earlier reply, i said i'll get a car, finish up our uncompleted house in lagos mainland and convert it into a advanced computer training school (before going into schools results processing), a multimedia entertainment company on the side (contents generated by me) and mobile pond based catfish farm in my back yard. smiley

I dont need N10m to get started...

With 500k, i'm good to go...I just need stable source of income to save it up... thats all smiley

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by An0nimus: 3:02am On Mar 19, 2016
@Oweniwe great stuff you have up there. God's grace.
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by SortCode(m): 1:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
Nice and funny writeup.... God bless your hustle bro

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by BiggerBangs: 2:38am On Mar 20, 2016
Am following ...

I believed you will have a good testimony after you complete this your memoir ..

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by Arisheloaded(m): 8:57am On Mar 20, 2016
This is well-penned. I was deeply encapsulated with the writing prowess and magnanimous construction of words, it was easy to understand and simple.

I will like two continue reading when you drop the subsequent release of the memoirs.

@Arisheloaded says God Bless your efforts and enlarge your coast!
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 10:33am On Mar 20, 2016
9. Come and Do Ritual Money

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by Moyarh(m): 1:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
You need a publisher smiley

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2016
Oga, i don try look for one o.

Na self publishing den dey tell me every time...

Its like job hunting... Waka waka go find publisher only to b turned away without anyone looking at d script.....

I once took tv commercial scripts to d TINSEL company in ikeja that shot hafiz oyetoro "i don port o" .... To my shock, the woman in charge sweetly replied that "we dont do commercials here"... undecided

Wetin man go do?

If not for okada books, dis memoir would never hav been written.
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by Moyarh(m): 1:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
Ok. Then try and get an editor. To atleast go through. Then get ur stuff proof read for errors.

If you'd self publish, focus on finding ways to promote it.
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by gabbidonb(m): 3:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
I like your humorous way of narrating your story,sounds pretty much fascinating.You need to have faith and keep the fire burning;learn to persevere and avoid giving up early on some of the things you pursue.May God bless your hustle and put big smiles on your face.Stay blessed!

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by xfire: 4:43pm On Mar 20, 2016
I am enjoying the story. The op's independent and somewhat unconventional way of thinking is striking...I will drop specific comments to some of the lines later.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by ajsans: 5:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
oweniwe am glued to this your thread. with this your hustling spirit and the way you reason things, your should be close to achieving your dream like xfire will call it
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 6:04pm On Mar 20, 2016
gabbidonb:
you need to have faith and keep the fire burning;learn to persevere and avoid giving up early on some of the things you pursue!

I sometimes think i give up too quickly too... But if you consider the time that had elapsed between some events... You would say i should hav moved on earlier.

2 years job hunting on empty pocket... Sometimes i have to chat up friends to send me moni to go interviews in far places.... If d interview is near , for uncle to give me N500 t-fare, na war... And wat came out of all d interviews and tests? Nothing... If you were my uncle, will u continue to giv me money? E go be like waste nau... To ask ppl for money to go out was very embarrassing... A time came wen i got fed up and decided to hustle for cash instead.

General's case spanned d same period. I did my I.T at general's office... So after graduating, i went to see him if he could help me with job.... He said no vacancy in his company, whereas, some other ppl were recruited later... After i developed d schools results processing system, the demo was online for about a year but he was busy with other projects... Until d demo was taken down by the hosting company... What am i still going to see him for?

The publishing aspect... Time flies o... If u send out a query, it'll take 2 months to get reply... After eight months on d net... January to august.... The one useless back street publisher decides to burn more of ur time... At least, mak i hibernate for some time to cool down my head.

If the process is within my power to control and direct, i never give up. But everything is in d control of other ppl.... One is bound to get frustrated at some point.... That was why i decided to stop relying on other people for sponsorship or whatever.
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2016
Moyarh:
Ok. Then try and get an editor. To atleast go through. Then get ur stuff proof read for errors.

If you'd self publish, focus on finding ways to promote it.

I have sent doc files to ppl to edit/proof read for me before...

The thing is... Let me say it in simple terms... How do you expect a Camry to tow a Sienna... Something lik that... My lecturers, some English teachers in school... When they read d first few lines, they start getting "intimidated" ..

And these people, even though they are scholars, have not written or published a book before... My sense of English is even better than theirs... You know how naija teachers used to write gbagaun on the board nau....... .how will they edit my book?

Some will later say that they dont hav time...

Then, the risk of a whole manuscript getting"stolen"...

Man gotta b careful.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by sucobaba(m): 7:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
This is a fantastic piece that is worth following.
Truth is....he who wears the shoe knows where it pinches.
Where have we as a nation gotten it wrong?
May God pick our calls real quick

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by Farouksenior: 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2016
oweniwe:

I have send doc files to ppl to edit/proof read for me before...
The thing is... Let me say it in simple terms... How do you expect a Camry to tow a Sienna... Something lik that... My lecturers, some English teachers in school... When they read d first few lines, they start getting "intimidated" ..
And these people, even though they are scholars, have not written or published a book before... My sense of English is even better than theirs... You know how naija teachers used to write gbagaun on the board nau....... .how will they edit my book?
Man gotta b careful.

Meen ur good. I just dey laff lyk mad. See i can relate to some of d experiences. Lyk all ur dads being broke.in my room it was a case of pples fada's dyin. Me nd d last guy fled d room. Even called home to tel dem hw far..
Even d whole washin of hand ting ting
#E go beta ...
#4giv ma shorthand grin
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 2:31pm On Mar 21, 2016
Farouksenior:

Meen ur good. I just dey laff lyk mad. See i can relate to some of d experiences. Lyk all ur dads being broke.in my room it was a case of pples fada's dyin. Me nd d last guy fled d room. Even called home to tel dem hw far..
Even d whole washin of hand ting ting
#E go beta ...
#4giv ma shorthand grin

U mean.... U saw d same thing in uni? Na wa o shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Which kain life come be dis nau?

I used to think say na only me.

I no understand wetin u mean by washing hand o undecided
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by Olabestonic001(m): 4:20pm On Mar 21, 2016
oweniwe:
4. To Be Certified or Not Be Certified

Since the millennium, job descriptions and requirements have radically changed. Before then, you could study Agriculture in the University and will get employed in an agro company. If you study Political Science, you go straight to the Civil Service. That trend is long gone. Now, companies just recruit people with any degree and slam them into whatever position they deem fit as long as the applicant can do the job. So don’t be surprised if you walk into a bank and see your school mate who studied Bio-Chemistry sitting comfortably over the counter dispensing cash to bank customers in a queue.

My entry into the higher education level was a bit dramatic. In the Universities Matriculation Examination, I scored 272. In the Post UME exam conducted by individual tertiary institutions, I scored 67/100. University of Benin/Political Science was my first choice. For second choice, I wanted to select University of Nigeria, Nsukka/Philosophy but my Dad balked. He asked… “what will you do with philosophy”? He said I should take Novena University, a newly established private university about three minutes drive from my village. He advised I should select Intelligence & Security Studies as my course of choice and join the Armed Forces because he wants me to “protect my people” from Amai. I said… “Okay now. It is your money that will pay the school fees.”

During final manual Clearance at UNIBEN, after waiting for over three days due to the large number of applicants who made the cut, I was denied admission into the Political Science Department because I had pass in Mathematics at O’Level. (I wasn’t good in mathematics because the way it was taught in secondary school, even Isaac Newton will hate the subject.) I promptly brought out the JAMB brochure and showed the man in charge where it was clearly stated that UNIBEN accepts pass in Mathematics for Political Science. The man said they had changed the requirement and now requires credit in mathematics for all courses but JAMB didn’t update the brochure. He gave me a course relocation form which I sadly filled and submitted to him.

After waiting for three weeks, my people, which course did UNIBEN allocate to me? Physical Education! Oh dear, I was relieved, not because I had eventually been allocated a new department, but because the long, torturous wait was over. I looked at the sheet again and asked myself… “what do they do in Physical Education? Does UNIBEN want me to become Chelsea’s Manager or what”? (That day, I was wearing the 2007 Chelsea Jersey). When I called my Dad and briefed him, he said I should tear the Relocation Letter, throw it inside the gutter and go to Novena. The next day, I bade goodbye to Benin and its very annoying red soil and headed to Amai. I was admitted to study Intelligence & Security studies that same day!

The course is very good though. It made us think and reason like undercover detectives… though I was expecting to be some kind of Special Forces training. For where? Throughout the four years I spent there, we didn’t hold a blank gun to even practice with. All we did was research… research and research. Well, credits to them, that is how I got my good research and re-writing skill. Describe any situation for me and I’ll Google it out instantly. And since we had to submit plagiarism free reports too, I would cut points out from various sites, stitch together, re-write the whole patch and that’s all.

During NYSC, I decided to do some professional courses to buffer my second class lower result. I wanted to do Programming but the fees were expensive six figures. To make things worse, My Compaq Presario 152TU motherboard got fried by excessive heat. It was a good laptop with great processor but the heat was terrible. I was hoping to combine Federal Allowance with the Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) pay to fund my programming quest. As I said earlier, I was rejected by the private school I was initially posted to. The Zonal Inspector asked me where I would prefer to “serve”. I told him to send me to the police since I studied security at school. The Z.I sent me to the camp director at the state HQ to approve my request. The stupid woman directed him the Z.I to post me to a Local Government Council. I told the Z.I to post me to the Zonal Office LG Council (Awka South).

At the month end, to my chagrin, guess how much Corp Members in the council were paid… a paltry N1,100. There was nothing to be done at the Council anyway. We only go to there around 11 AM to sign attendance register, hang around till 12 PM and go back home. I tried looking for other jobs but the pay they quoted for me as a Corps Member was ridiculous. They said Corpers are meant to serve the serve the country free of charge. I picked up a Computer Operator work to keep me busy but quit after four months because the transport alone wiped the whole pay. So throughout that year, I survived on only N19,800 monthly Federal Allowance. To go for programming training no longer feasible so I decided to postpone it till after NYSC.

In place of programming, I did Health, Safety & Environment and Project management Courses. When I got my certificates and attached them to my CV… If I submit my CV to you, you’ll call me for interview immediately. The strategy worked as I got a lot of other job invites apart from the ones I stated in the previous chapter. After a couple of futile interviews, I sat down and stared hard at the certificates. They were like… waste of money.

Artisans, bricklayers, phone repairers, market boys who didn’t even smell University were smiling to the bank daily while me, a university graduate with about five fancifully decorated certificates sits down at home jobless. So let me ask you this question… “what is the essence of going to school to harvest certificates when it is the informal guys that get outsourced all the jobs at the end of the day”? Engineering graduates are hardest hit. Their jobs have been taken over by semi literate fellows who would simple throw away an overheating car’s thermostat instead of scanning the car to diagnose the faults.

My Mom later said I should have studied computer science instead of Intelligence & Security Studies since I can’t join the armed forces because of “physical fitness”. Now refer to the opening paragraph of the chapter… whether I studies Computer Science or Security, what difference does it make? Someone else advised me to go ahead with programming training. I looked at him with the cocked head and burst into laughter. I should go and waste my money again, right? Writing codes is not as lucrative as people think it is. If you are a programmer without a serious sponsor or company backing, no matter how good you are, in this country (I don’t know about other climes), your skill is as good as a pile of thrash.

I don’t mean to discourage anyone from going for professional courses. The thing is… my situation is different due to my disadvantage. If not for it, I’ll probably be cooling off in a multi-national company a few months after passing out. So employment wise, if you are fit and feel like going for additional professional courses to boost your credentials, please go ahead.

However, you need to take note that professional courses training schools or such certification programs are like the alimentary canal. They advertise (I’m hungry), you indicate interest and fill the form (food is ready and served), you pay some fees (now eating), then the training starts (digestion), after the training you are required to do an arranged exam that even if you fail all the answers, you will still get certificate (in the anus), then they give you your certificate and excrete you out. They no longer have any business with you. If you are hoping to get job links through those professional courses training guys, you’re on a very “long thing”.

That is where vocational training or apprenticeship is better. In this case, you get to handle and operate all required equipment till you’re good in using them, then you begin to render services to the company’s customers. That way, learn everything about the business- equipment operation, how to market and get customers, servicing your clients, etc. In the days of yore when things were certificate based, professional courses made sense. But in today’s world where skill is what is often required and jobs are outsourced too, if you want to make cash right after schooling, it is far better to go for vocational/apprenticeship training. The Computer Operator work I briefly did during NYSC greatly improved my Microsoft Office Suite skill .

You've gone through a lot bro. But, I'm afraid your situations and conditions could have had a damaging impact on your psyche. I went through times which I won't like to bring the gory to any platform but interestingly, there's one thing that never depart (a positive mind). Believe always that in the long run you will come out tops (3 yrs university lost debacle, a dangerous health condition (miraculous healed), a poor family etc) couldn't even debar my optimism. Thanks to my mum who trained me that with tomorrow on site, we can always be glorified. And gbam, after years in the wilderness, I came out tops as mum trained my mind to believe.
I must confess though that from your write-up, you are very very learned.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2016
Olabestonic001:

youu've gone through a lot bro. But, I'm afraid your situations and conditions could have had a damaging impact on your psyche.

Nop... My psyche wasn't affected... It rather made me more competitive... That's why i always strive to come out tops in everything i do... The problem im having now that my income is very erratic, hence to save to start up a venture seems difficult... I dont have any other prob apart from that

i went through times which I won't like to bring the gory to any platform but interestingly, there's one thing that never depart (a positive mind). Believe always that in the long run you will come out tops (3 yrs university lost debacle, a dangerous health condition (miraculous healed), a poor family etc) couldn't even debar my optimism. Thanks to my mum who trained me that with tomorrow on site, we can always be glorified. And gbam, after years in the wilderness, I came out tops as mum trained my mind to believe.
I must confess though that from your write-up, you are very very learned.

To see the way clearly... To see ahead through the fog, is very frustrating...

U kno wat u want, your goals are cearly defined... But as you set out, everything suddenly turns foggy and u can barely see ahead... Some have the tools and support to make them see better ... But if you dont have the tools... One either hav to move slowly or get lost.

In Nigeria, to be "well learned" doesn't change anything... If you dont have the tools or resources... Nobody will blink at u.

That is why i was pondering on those certificates i had... Kind of ... Useless

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by SirDavico(m): 4:19pm On Mar 23, 2016
Oweniwe, Reading ur Memoir, I felt I was reading mine, excluding the Job hunting part, cos I haven't looked 4 jobs yet -- I'm a Jambite.
Let me pm you, bro.
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by mortee: 6:14pm On Mar 23, 2016
oweniwe:

I have sent doc files to ppl to edit/proof read for me before...

Man gotta b careful.

Permit me to disagree with you especially on the manuscript getting stolen issue. Except you do not give your manuscript to a professional editor/proofreader, there is no way your manuscript can be stolen from you. If you approach any editor with your manuscript, you are free to ask for reference from writers the editor has worked for before. Getting a verifiable address is another and perhaps signing a non-disclosure agreement. I am an editor. I have been working for two people I met on Nairaland about five years ago and we still do business together. I have never met one of them based in Abuja, the other man I met during his book launch in Lagos about three years ago.

On English teachers being intimidated when they read your manuscript, being an English teacher is totally different from being an editor. There are many editors who do not even have their background in the Arts or Humanities and are doing very well as professional editors and proofreaders. You only need to get the right man for the job and your story will change.

If you want, send me five pages of any manuscript you want to work on and I will edit/proofread it for free.

Email is motayo@krosdot.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Work With A Difficult Boss / Have You Fired Anyone? How Do You Feel Afterwards? I Did & I Don't Feel Anythng / 10 Reasons Your Boss Wants You Out Of The Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.