Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,474 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:03 PM

I Need Ur Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Ur Help (2562 Views)

I Need Ur Help With My Project / A Blogger Needs Ur Help / Programmers In Da House Pls I Nid Ur Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Ur Help by princemexdex1(m): 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2016
am a graduate I studied statistics in my first degree. currently am doing my PGD in computer science . Because I have passion on computer. now my problem is I want to choose a project topic that will write.i have some of the topic I want to write on
(1) DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WEB BASED DISCUSSION FORUM FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE .

(2) DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE BANK VERIFICATION NUMBER (BVN) SYSTEM.

(3) DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERISED ELECTRONIC VOTING SYSTEM.

this is topic I have so far.like I said I need ur advice and ur suggestions on them and which one will be much easier for me as a person that did not have foundation on computer science. thanks
Re: I Need Ur Help by Anmich: 4:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
3 and 1 depends..
Re: I Need Ur Help by larisoft: 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
Definitely three.

All you'd need is

1. A sign up form/page
2. A vote page
3. A database for storing votes and voter data
Re: I Need Ur Help by TheWebDeveloper(m): 9:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
princemexdex1:
am a graduate I studied statistics in my first degree. currently am doing my PGD in computer science . Because I have passion on computer. now my problem is I want to choose a project topic that will write.i have some of the topic I want to write on
(1) DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WEB BASED DISCUSSION FORUM FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE .

this is topic I have so far.like I said I need ur advice and ur suggestions on them and which one will be much easier for me as a person that did not have foundation on computer science. thanks

Bros don't fall victim to the allure of the high sounding undertones of (2) and (3) ooo.
Or else, you'll put yourself at the mercy of very technical IT people that won't want to divulge highly confidential details of relevant projects. Finding study materials won't be that easy too

(1) , however, ... MUCH ENJOYMENT.
Re: I Need Ur Help by sleepingdemon: 10:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
if i would say definitely 3
use either
1.)php
2.)node.js
node.js is more preferable so u can maximize the use of sockets.io
Re: I Need Ur Help by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 14, 2016
Use either AngularJS, NodeJS or BackboneJS for any project coming your way, and they shall bow before you.

Besides, you sound like you don't even know HTML/CSS, so be specific on if you want to start from scratch or you want us to only discuss back end implementation only.
Re: I Need Ur Help by princemexdex1(m): 6:16pm On Mar 15, 2016
thanks to all contributors.i wish to make u proud and I will give una my testimony on how it went.@danielthegreek. am too sound cos my first degree is statistics. but am coping with it. thanks once more.
Re: I Need Ur Help by gojishi: 1:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
princemexdex1:

Hi Bro,

Just saw this, where are you on the project? In actuality any of the 3 can be implemented relatively starightforwardly.

1. A web based discussion form is a simple implementaion of a blogging application - this means you'll need user/admin authentication, ability for users to create posts and make comments. You may wish to include some ability for sharing.
2. The BVN implementation is also quite simple, the only 'road block' would be the API to use to confirm a number, to the best of my knowledge, there's no public API for this service. Apart from that, it's quite simple - you need a simple Interface to accept a BVN number and then you'll need to connect to the API to query it, the results of the query can then be displayed to the user.
3. The electronic voting system is a variation of the BVN, you'll need to filter for users who have already voted, the simplest way is to use an OAuth provider e.g. facebook so users can't spoof their identities, another option is to enable some form of biometrics to capture finger prints etc (but that one na long thing). After solving the problem of authentication, the next step is to simply accept a vote, persist it to a centralized data store and allow for real time updates of total vote count.

Reach out if you need more guidance.

Regards.
Re: I Need Ur Help by zebszebs: 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2016
gojishi:

Hi Bro,

Just saw this, where are you on the project? In actuality any of the 3 can be implemented relatively starightforwardly.

1. A web based discussion form is a simple implementaion of a blogging application - this means you'll need user/admin authentication, ability for users to create posts and make comments. You may wish to include some ability for sharing.
2. The BVN implementation is also quite simple, the only 'road block' would be the API to use to confirm a number, to the best of my knowledge, there's no public API for this service. Apart from that, it's quite simple - you need a simple Interface to accept a BVN number and then you'll need to connect to the API to query it, the results of the query can then be displayed to the user.
3. The electronic voting system is a variation of the BVN, you'll need to filter for users who have already voted, the simplest way is to use an OAuth provider e.g. facebook so users can't spoof their identities, another option is to enable some form of biometrics to capture finger prints etc (but that one na long thing). After solving the problem of authentication, the next step is to simply accept a vote, persist it to a centralized data store and allow for real time updates of total vote count.

Reach out if you need more guidance.

Regards.

https://authbvn.herokuapp.com
Re: I Need Ur Help by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 24, 2016
zebszebs:

https://authbvn.herokuapp.com

Not tested yet, but that looks good.
Re: I Need Ur Help by ugwum007(m): 7:16am On Sep 24, 2016
For 3, u can do without the fingerprint capture since this IT go chop your head with that. You can store voter's card VIN number to a centralized database, the voter will have to login and be authenticed with it. And it seems u don't have knowledge of html and css, u can use java swing to design the UI, update the number of authenticed voters, votes caster etc with timer services.

I have even seen something to work on

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Tutor To Teach Me Coding / New Glo Unlimited Data Cheat / How To Retrieve Deleted Text Messages On Iphone Directly With Ifonemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.