Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop (43354 Views)

Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing / 5 Igbo Stereotypes Some Nigerians Need To Drop / 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Saladin25(m): 12:40pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ngokafor:

....Were you soundly rejected by Igbo women while you were in the East??..if thats the case,just take heart cos unfortunately other tribes love marrying Igbo women especially Yoruba men.Inspite of the so-called 'high bride price'...So your views about marrying Igbo women is an exception embarassed

...I was born in the North and grew up in Lagos,therefore i know so many terrible sterotypes too about hausa and Yoruba,but that has not stopped me from interacting with people based on their individual personalities.

....Proudly Igbo any day,any time..no shaking.

You make me laugh. What I won't eat I don't even move closer to it. Have said my mind, I don't have problem with you people and anyone that marry your women. It is my opinion, leave me with it.
Rejected my foot! where Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani girls are.
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by kay29000(m): 12:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
fulanimafia:
Really? But you want to hold fast to the stereotypes you hold for other tribes yeah?

Go and sleep.

Abi o! I remember this Igbo girl I was runzing one time. Everybody called me Escobar then so she didn't know my tribe. She was already falling for me till she knew my name was kayode, and then her disposition immediately changed. I asked her why she changed one day and she said because she heard all Yoruba people are Betrayers. SMH!
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Ngokafor(f): 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2016
....Well i loveeee legit money with no apologies!!..Reason why i went to school,working hard and SMART at the same time..Fortunately money knows that and is responding in kind gradually. cheesy

..anyone not happy with that and blabbing about Igbos and love for money should please wallow in poverty and die wretched..

..There are heinous crimes committed by all tribes all over the country because of love of money..From Politicians down to the common man.,reason why this country is so messed up.
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by iamord(m): 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
Saladin25:

Na them carry Drug pass. I did a research about Drug trafficking in West Africa. Nigeria and Ghana took the lead in drug trade. Southern Nigerians in Nigeria took the lead, but Igbos are the number one from Southern part of Nigeria The author of article described them to worship money, love chieftaincy title, high expectations from their parents turned many of them to slave of money. Thank God the author of that article is an European.
pls what's the name of the book
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 11, 2016
Saladin25:

I don't even believed in that rumour because most Fulanis are Muslims and as a Muslim you must circumcised your male child without delay
You get? The same thing he told me o. People will just start spreading nonsense lies up and down.
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Psalmwhyte(m): 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2016
My broda,
nwannem nwoke emeriela gi.
Not as if he has ntn 2 say,it is very obivous u've ran out of wat 2 say in dis ongoing arguement.
#igboezeue#
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Psalmwhyte(m): 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2016
kay29000:

Abi o! I remember this Igbo girl I was runzing one time. Everybody called me Escobar then so she didn't know my tribe. She was already falling for me till she knew my name was kayode, and then her disposition immediately changed. I asked her why she changed one day and she said because she heard all Yoruba people are Betrayers. SMH!

But it is true nah, did she lie?

1 Like

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ko kan aye
In a situation like this, Seun, we need more smileys here
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by fulanimafia: 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2016
kay29000:

I wish I could pretend to be shocked, but thats impossible knowing these people and their clannish mentality. Pele, hope you still drilled the Amaka wink?

1 Like

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by dins4real(m): 1:55pm On Mar 11, 2016
Chinekepikin:

5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop

There are a handful of stereotypes that Africans hold against each other and this is not surprising due to the multi-cultural structure of our society. Nigeria has over 500 ethnic groups. Among the 500, about 9 languages are extinct while only three are -Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba- leading the pack, and each one of these tribal groups have their peculiarities.

The Igbos of Southeastern, Nigeria are one of the leading ethnic groups in the country. They can be found in Enugu, Anambra, Ebonyi, Imo, and Abia. Despite these peculiarities, a handful of Nigerians have some misconceptions about this amazing ethnic group.
Jovago.com, Africa’s No 1 hotel booking portal identifies 5 stereotypes that Nigerians have about persons of Igbo extraction and offers facts that debunk them.

They know nothing but business

Let’s give it to the Igbos, when it comes to business, there is no contest. At major markets, they are dominant. In fact, in places where you do not imagine that you will find them, they are always there. But, there is more to this people than business. You find them in politics, literature, education, economy and other sectors. Late Nnamdi Azikiwe, was a businessman, first prime minister of Nigeria and a nationalist as well as a lawyer. The literary lord, the man of words and the author of the evergreen bookThings Fall Apart that made the world change their perception about African literature, late Chinua Achebe was not a businessman, same with Chiwetel Ejiofor, and also Chimamanda Adichie. The list is endless. Take it or leave it, no matter the field an Igbo Man ventures into, the business trait tails him.

All Igbo women are light skinned

There is no argument about Igbo women being light skinned but the stereotype is tagging all Igbo women light skinned which is not the case. There are chocolate, ebony, and dark skinned ladies among them. In addition, light skinned women are not restricted to Igbo women alone but it cut across all Nigerian tribes. When next you see a light skinned lady, do not make up your mind that she is Igbo!

They love ‘Ego‘ also known as ‘Money‘

Who does not love money? Money is desired by almost everyone in varying degrees. Many say you cannot date an Igbo girl if you do not have money but these preconceived notions are not entirely based on facts. Rather than singling out a particular ethnic group to castigate, this is a blanket perception for all ethnic groups. Same thing for the men. There should be no ethnic colouration when it comes to making money.

It’s expensive to marry an Igbo woman

Nigerian women are beautiful, expensive and sophisticated. A man should be happy to marry an Igbo woman because she is not cheap. A man should be proud to provide everything on the list presented to him by the parents to show that he is a ‘man’, however, there is always room for negotiation. So, the stereotype that before you marry an Igbo woman, you need to bring an arm and a leg only applies when the groom’s family are not masters at striking a good bargain.

All Igbos have left their villages for Lagos

Lagos is the melting pot for various ethnic groups and the commercial heartbeat of Nigeria as a result, the state is bound to be peopled by different tribes. However, expressing the thought that all Igbos have emptied their various states to reside in Lagos is laughable and wrong. There are individuals who run thriving businesses in these different south-eastern states that have never visited Lagos.

http://nigerianpilot.com/5-igbo-stereotypes-every-nigerian-must-drop/

I totally concur with you OP. U just murder the topic on Igbos. Especially when it comes to money. Every tribes loves money. grin
Chinekepikin:

5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop

There are a handful of stereotypes that Africans hold against each other and this is not surprising due to the multi-cultural structure of our society. Nigeria has over 500 ethnic groups. Among the 500, about 9 languages are extinct while only three are -Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba- leading the pack, and each one of these tribal groups have their peculiarities.

The Igbos of Southeastern, Nigeria are one of the leading ethnic groups in the country. They can be found in Enugu, Anambra, Ebonyi, Imo, and Abia. Despite these peculiarities, a handful of Nigerians have some misconceptions about this amazing ethnic group.
Jovago.com, Africa’s No 1 hotel booking portal identifies 5 stereotypes that Nigerians have about persons of Igbo extraction and offers facts that debunk them.

They know nothing but business

Let’s give it to the Igbos, when it comes to business, there is no contest. At major markets, they are dominant. In fact, in places where you do not imagine that you will find them, they are always there. But, there is more to this people than business. You find them in politics, literature, education, economy and other sectors. Late Nnamdi Azikiwe, was a businessman, first prime minister of Nigeria and a nationalist as well as a lawyer. The literary lord, the man of words and the author of the evergreen bookThings Fall Apart that made the world change their perception about African literature, late Chinua Achebe was not a businessman, same with Chiwetel Ejiofor, and also Chimamanda Adichie. The list is endless. Take it or leave it, no matter the field an Igbo Man ventures into, the business trait tails him.

All Igbo women are light skinned

There is no argument about Igbo women being light skinned but the stereotype is tagging all Igbo women light skinned which is not the case. There are chocolate, ebony, and dark skinned ladies among them. In addition, light skinned women are not restricted to Igbo women alone but it cut across all Nigerian tribes. When next you see a light skinned lady, do not make up your mind that she is Igbo!

They love ‘Ego‘ also known as ‘Money‘

Who does not love money? Money is desired by almost everyone in varying degrees. Many say you cannot date an Igbo girl if you do not have money but these preconceived notions are not entirely based on facts. Rather than singling out a particular ethnic group to castigate, this is a blanket perception for all ethnic groups. Same thing for the men. There should be no ethnic colouration when it comes to making money.

It’s expensive to marry an Igbo woman

Nigerian women are beautiful, expensive and sophisticated. A man should be happy to marry an Igbo woman because she is not cheap. A man should be proud to provide everything on the list presented to him by the parents to show that he is a ‘man’, however, there is always room for negotiation. So, the stereotype that before you marry an Igbo woman, you need to bring an arm and a leg only applies when the groom’s family are not masters at striking a good bargain.

All Igbos have left their villages for Lagos

Lagos is the melting pot for various ethnic groups and the commercial heartbeat of Nigeria as a result, the state is bound to be peopled by different tribes. However, expressing the thought that all Igbos have emptied their various states to reside in Lagos is laughable and wrong. There are individuals who run thriving businesses in these different south-eastern states that have never visited Lagos.

http://nigerianpilot.com/5-igbo-stereotypes-every-nigerian-must-drop/

I totally concur with you OP. U just murder the topic on Igbos. Especially when it comes to money. Every tribes loves money.

1 Like

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by kay29000(m): 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2016
fulanimafia:

I wish I could pretend to be shocked, but thats impossible knowing these people and their clannish mentality. Pele, hope you still drilled the Amaka wink?

Before nko! Me I don't discriminate...I just go get what I want. Lol!

1 Like

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
Saladin25:
You don't want being stereotyped but you dislike other tribes. Double standard. I don't dislike Igbo but marrying your women and doing business with you will never happen. Have lived with you, so I know your behaviours.
its heart warming to hear u wont marry our women.

1 Like

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by mercyville: 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2016
kettykin:

Let me clarify my self again. I am neither an advocate for disintegration nor a an igbo supremacist I am simply someone who understands the under belly of what I seriously considered as Nigeria's bellicosity in hypocrisy.

An instance is how some people who just boasted of their heroism in a fanthom Civil war fought by Egyptian pilots and chadian rebels with Soviet Union military hardware to unify a country but will not raise a finger to defend the slaughtering of their brothers and sisters in their own backyard.

Mytake is that 90 perct of people with such stereotypes are the worst hypocrits in fact calling Nigerians hypocrits is an insult to hypocrits Nigerians are worse than hypocrits.

Some people accused the previous government of not building a new road and one year in a government run by him all that is to their credit is a helipad in a down run state in the north.

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT HOW 3 OR MORE YORUBAS WERE KILLED AND THE YORUBAS WENT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO BURN THEIR HOUSES LIKE THE COWARDS THEY REALLY ARE THEY COULD NOT FIGHT THE HAUSAS FACE TO FACE.THEY ARE PURE COWARDS.
THIS IS THE REPORT:

Eyewitness accounts say that at least four people
have died, while security operatives are battling to
get the violence under control.
Huge plumes of smoke can been seen bellowing
from a distance as houses have been set ablaze.
Residents of the area have remained indoors for
fear of being attacked.
No one has been able to give reasons for the crisis
as at the time of this report.
The Lagos State Government has closed down the
markets in the area temporarily, and has vowed to
deal with miscreants and law breakers.
The State Government is also appealing to parents
to ensure that their wards are law abiding. - Online
Reporter.
o fewer than three persons are feared dead and
several cars set ablaze as Hausa and Yoruba
traders clashed at the popular Mile 12 Market in
Lagos State.
It was gathered that the foundation for the clash
was laid on Tuesday after a Hausa commercial
bike rider knocked down a woman.
The bike rider was told to take the woman to the
hospital, but the rider and his colleagues refused.
They insisted that the motorbike association, which
collects tolls from them, should take care of the
woman. There was heated argument, which led to
a fight.
The fighting continued all through Wednesday till
Thursday (today) when some thugs, believed to be
of Yoruba origin, invaded the market and started
attacking the Hausas.
They burnt seven cars and killed three Hausa
traders.
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai
Owoseni; the Commander of the Rapid Response
Squad, Olatunji Disu; the Deputy Commissioner of
Police in charge of Operation, Lagos State Police
Command; and teams of policemen were still at
the scene as at the time of filing the report. -

https://www.nairaland.com/2969382/yoruba-hausa-fight-mile-12

OR ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THIS:
WHEN THE IGBOS HAD TO KILL AND MAIM ALL THE FULANI HERDSMEN AND WOE BETIDE ALL THE FULANIS IN THE SOUTH EAST BECAUSE OF THE BRAVERY OF IGBOS LIKE THAT OF OJUKWU THE GREAT WHO DID NOT RUN EVEN WHEN HE SAW THE MASCOT OF ADEKUNLE THE SCORPION,A DOG,BARKING AT HIM.
OJUKWU WAS LIKE...I WOULD NEVER RUN TO IVORY COAST..I AM BRAVE...AND HE NEVER RAN.IT WAS HIS AKUDAAYA THAT THEY SAW IN ABIDJAN...
How The Igbos Destroyed The Fulani Guys In Their Backyards;

Last March, suspected Fulani herdsmen allegedly
killed Tamgbo Ogueji, a member of the traditional
rulers’ cabinet at Eke Community in Udi Local
Government Area of Enugu State. The deceased,
aged 85, was shot in his house in the early hours
over an undisclosed issue with the herdsmen.
President-General, Eke Town Union, Mr. Anthony
Enu, told Saturday Vanguard that the community
was irked and the youths restive. He said: “Last
year, the same Fulani herdsmen killed two of our
brothers, Matthew Aniugo and Chiagha Chigbo, in
their farms. The town is boiling with anger now.
We have reported the matter to the Police. We are
calling on all relevant authorities to prevail on
these Fulani herdsmen to ensure justice for our
people.”
The sleepy town of Nkpologu Community in Uzo-
Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State was,
last January, thrown into mourning following news
of the death of a young woman on New Year eve,
during a Fulani herdsmen’s robbery attack on a
commuter bus.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/menace-of-fulani-herdsmen-tales-of-woes-from-the-east/
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
Mekky2010:
The most "stupidest" of them all is that Igbos dont like themselves....there is no place that Igbos find themselves and they fail to form a union, village meeting, town meeting etc. Always bonding. I dont understand that nonsense of Igbos not loving themselves.
its only uneducated ppl that buy that 'igbos hate themselves' stuff

1 Like

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 11, 2016
Saladin25:
The same people that discriminate among themselves. Calling some people OSU. Igbos discriminate to the extent that they hate Mbiase people of Imo state. You have created stereotype among yourselves and you expect non-Igbos to like you.

I have an Ikwerre friend she dislikes Igbo like shit. You people should change your behaviours. To me I don't hate you, but hating other tribes and you expect them to like you won't happen. Life is about GIGO (Garbage In Garbage Out).
typical muslim troll.

1 Like

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Saladin25(m): 2:31pm On Mar 11, 2016
iamord:
pls what's the name of the book
just Google "West Africa's international drug trade by Stephen Ellis"
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Saladin25(m): 2:32pm On Mar 11, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

You get? The same thing he told me o. People will just start spreading nonsense lies up and down.

That is how some people behave.
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Saladin25(m): 2:34pm On Mar 11, 2016
tooco:
typical muslim troll.
Counter the point I stated. The only gibberish that you typed Is about Islam. What I stated here on this thread is a bitter truth. Deal with it.
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Andiebest(m): 3:12pm On Mar 11, 2016
An average Igbo man has a victim mentality. They always believe they are marginalized or discriminated.
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Mcowubaba: 3:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
funkyibodude:
Fact number 6: Igbos are the most talked about ethnic group on Nairaland...
It creates traffic, just create a thread about Igbo, u will see lots of views nd comments, I think Igbos are the biggest ethnic group on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by mercyville: 3:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
kettykin:

Let me clarify my self again. I am neither an advocate for disintegration nor a an igbo supremacist I am simply someone who understands the under belly of what I seriously considered as Nigeria's bellicosity in hypocrisy.

An instance is how some people who just boasted of their heroism in a fanthom Civil war fought by Egyptian pilots and chadian rebels with Soviet Union military hardware to unify a country but will not raise a finger to defend the slaughtering of their brothers and sisters in their own backyard.

Mytake is that 90 perct of people with such stereotypes are the worst hypocrits in fact calling Nigerians hypocrits is an insult to hypocrits Nigerians are worse than hypocrits.

Some people accused the previous government of not building a new road and one year in a government run by him all that is to their credit is a helipad in a down run state in the north.

MAYBE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN GEN OBASANJO WENT TO THE NORTH WITH A RETINUE TO COMPLAIN TO A CIVILIAN GOVERNOR ABOUT THE KILLINGS OF 68 YORUBAS AND THEIR RECOVERY AND HOW THE HAUSA-FULANI LIED THAT THEY KILLED ONLY FIVE YORUBAS...CHOI!
THESE YORUBAS ARE COWARDS O.YOU RECOVERED 68 WICKEDLY KILLED YORUBAS AND A CIVILIAN GOVERNOR AND HIS MEN LIED THAT THEY KILLED FIVE AND YOU ACCEPTED AND YOU HAVE MAJORITY IN THE ARMY...CHOI..CHOI..CHOI!!!
THESE YORUBAS ARE REAL COWARDS O.
CHOI!THESE YORUBAS ARE COWARDS...COWARDS..COWARDS...
IGBOS REVENGE:
TOPIC:HIT YORUBA
WHERE:WE IGBOS DON'T KNOW.YORUBAS ARE RESILIENT.
CONSOLATORY WORDS:COWARDS,SLAVES...COME O..E BE LIKE SAY WE DEY POINT TO OURSELVES O.
WELL WE GO DEY HAMMER AM MAYBE PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE.

READ AS OBASANJO GO NORTH:

It was on 13 October 2000, when words went
round that General Muhammadu Buhari was
leading the Arewa team to the governor’s office to
confront the state over alleged killings of Fulani
cattle rearers in Saki, Oke Ogun Area of the state.
Buhari did actually telephone the governor that he
was leading a team to his office.
In less than 30 minutes after the general informed
the governor of his visit, we noticed that the entire
secretariat was already filled with lorry loads of our
brothers from the North. This created some tension
but we kept our calm. At about 2 p.m., Buhari
arrived in a long convoy at the governor’s office in
company of the former governor of Lagos State,
General Buba Marwa, Alhaji Aliko Muhammed,
Alhaji Abdulrazak and Alhaji Hassan. They all wore
long faces. In fact, the anger in them was palpable
as all pleasantries extended to them were ignored.
“This is trouble” was the expression on the faces
of all of us in the governor’s office.
Shortly afterwards, the state Director of State
Security Service (SSS) and Commissioner of Police
arrived. But their presence did not change
anything particular on the fears that had already
gripped majority of us. The two security chiefs did
not come with any operatives, they came almost
alone.
Late Lam Adesina Photo NAN
The meeting was called to order after Lam walked
into the Executive Chambers. Introductions over,
Buhari spoke on their mission to the governor’s
office. Emitting fire, the general accused Lam and
the government of Oyo State of complicity in the
killing of over 68 Fulani people in Oke Ogun area
and perversion of justice.
His words: “Your Excellency, our visit here is to
discuss with you and your government our
displeasure about the incident of clashes between
two peoples… the Fulani cattle rearers and
merchants are today being harassed , attacked and
killed like in Saki. In the month of May, 2000, 68
bodies of Fulani cattle rearers were recovered and
buried under the supervision and protection from a
team of Mobile Police from Oyo State Command.
“ That some arrests were made by Oyo State
Police Command in the massacre with their
immediate release without court trial. This was
said to have been ordered by Oyo State authorities
and they were so released to their amazement.
The release of the arrested suspects gave the clear
impression that the authorities are backing and
protecting them to continue the unjust and illegal
killings of Fulani cattle rearers…”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/day-lam-adesina-clashed-with-buhari-marwa-others/

My dear Igbo bros and sis...Yorubas are not your enemies.We both have a common enemy who by destiny were given the mantle of power by the oyibo people.We should have come together as a united south but our forefathers especially Azikiwe bungled that opportunity and decided to go with the north and here we are today everybody except a very few playing tribalism and I am sorry I do not think we can come together again due to your bitterness.
Fulanis control hausas and thereby control Nigeria through their alleged population.If you do not know
now,you must know that Fulanis are religiously smart and this in Yorubaland with 51% Christians and 49% muslims needs some extra smartness from Yorubas because religion is more than opium.
Yorubas had been warriors all their lives but education had really mellowed them down and they would largely won't hit you their visitors unless with concrete reasons.IF YOU WANT TO KNOW A PEOPLE,GO READ THEIR HISTORY.I pray that you get your Biafra if you are one of the agitators.
I can never hate the Igbos because they had never done anything bad to my motherland...YORUBALAND and most of their girls I have come in contact with always like Yoruba guys and they have some of the most beautiful girls in Nigeria(my opinion).but almost all Igbos run their mouths and very sentimental which had always been a great minus for them.Hausa-Fulanis do not except a few foolish ones amongst them.We Southerners are our own enemies and it is hightime we stop or we continue to complain.Fmr Pres. Jonathan comes to mind.Were Yorubas his enemies?A southerner chose to make Yoruba...a major tribe..his enemy and the result is a blame game.He was a gentleman but maybe as some people said,his wife led him astray.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/day-lam-adesina-clashed-with-buhari-marwa-others/
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 11, 2016
blackpanda:

Pls do not confuse issues. All tribes have stereotypes about then, but it is not an excuse for disintegration. So stop spreading hate. The fact that igbos love money, doesnt mean we hate them. They are our brothers and sisters, and infact their love of money can be a plus for the nation. They may love money, but they are also industrious, hardworking, courageous and provide jobs for nigeria's teeming youths.

Nigeria is here to stay!
.I love Nigeria when spread love within ourselves at the grassroot level despite the hate discord our leaders intentionally preach to enable them a fertile land to continue their deceit.
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by blackpanda: 4:00pm On Mar 11, 2016
victorazy:

We don't need ur patronage sire.
In Wylef's voice "we don't want no peace, we don't want equal rite but Biafra"

Nairaland is against biafra. Shut up before I report u!
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Saladin25(m): 4:13pm On Mar 11, 2016
winj:
They know nothing but business: TRUE
Because most of the business they do are illegal, even the legal IGBO business people were criminals before making money to start legitimate ones. An IGBO is more likely to import fake goods instead of the originals because of little extra profit.
They are number one importers of contraband, fake goods, Drugs, toxic waste and contaminated substances.

All Igbo women are light skinned:
If all of them are not, they want to be but probably don't yet have the cash to achieve it. or the man to pay for it!

They love ‘Ego‘ also known as ‘Money‘:
No one on this planet apart from Jews love money more than IGBO people, they love money so much that hey are willing to die getting it.
They are known globally as "get rich or die trying". They are the only Nigerians willing to take drugs to countries like Malaysia and Thailand where the penalty is death - for ego!

It’s expensive to marry an Igbo woman:
IGBO people (and their women) are the most greedy people on the planet so of course it is expensive to marry an IGBO woman.
Many will not marry poor men unless they believe circumstances will change economically.

All Igbos have left their villages for Lagos:
The ones that are still in the village do not have the means to get to Lagos or abroad yet and they are in a holding status until they can move to Lagos or some place they can carry DRUGS to.

Guy you nailed it. Only Jews is their oga when it comes love of money, they also have this Jewish attitude, that they are God chosen and superior of all mankind.
If they don't change their attitude. They will keep having problem in this country.
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by DaStunz(m): 4:19pm On Mar 11, 2016
Datz a whole lots of#BULLSH*Ts# nigga. F*ck Out Da KitCHen n Get busy Wit Ya Damn Head...! Idleness results to #CRAPS# lyk dis 1. Datz a whole lots of#BULLSH*Ts# nigga. F*ck Out Da KitCHen n Get busy Wit Ya Damn Head...! Idleness results to #CRAPS# lyk dis 1. Datz a whole lots of#BULLSH*Ts# nigga. F*ck Out Da KitCHen n Get busy Wit Ya Damn Head...! Idleness results to #CRAPS# lyk dis 1.
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Saladin25(m): 4:36pm On Mar 11, 2016
winj:

God chosen and superior ke?
If God chose them how come they get the worst treatment inside and outside Nigeria and slaughtered everyday by mallams, mai tasine, boko haram, Asian police, drugs death sentence, northerners...why don't you type IGBO drug dealers and 419 in youtube and see how god's chosen people are treated worse than other Nigerians and Africans.

Superior to who? Pal, Igbo people are mostly illiterate, no school, no proper English and only have the mind for crime...they are not superior to anyone unless you respect PETTY area boy cash by IGBO criminals. The most educated, respected and richest Nigerians are not IGBO - check it!

Lol.... you done finish them. Slaves of money. Despite engaging in drugs and illicit businesses, Yorubas and Hausas are richer than them
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by DaStunz(m): 4:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
#BULLSH*TS# & #CRAPS#. Datz all
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Pwhitelaw(m): 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
So if they give me 5million list to get a bride I should break the bank right... Everybody know say to marry igbo lady no easy especially of she is the first born
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by billyG(m): 5:56pm On Mar 11, 2016
I view all of them with suspicion,All are crook until proven otherwise.
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Cherryf(f): 6:00pm On Mar 11, 2016
[b][/b]DIS IS WHY DIS COUNTRY WONT GET ANY BETTER INSTEAD OF DISCUSN ON CRUCIAL MATTERS HW TO MK TINS WORK WE AR HR MAKIN BLIND STUPID ARGUMENTS
D IGBOS,YORUBAS N HUASAS D EARLIER D BETA FOR US WE CM TO UNDSTND DT GOD GV US DIS COUNTRY TO BUILD N MIND U GUYS CUS WT EVA U SAY AGAINST D PPL OF DIS NATION GOD IS GOIN TO JUGDE U .
D PSN DEVIL USED TO POST DIS IS NOT EVEN TALKN AGAIN N WE AR HR KILLIN OURSELVS
FIGHTN IS NOT GONA LEAD US ANYWR I DNT BLAME SOME CUS DEY TALK OUT OF FRUSTRATNS N EXPERIENCE
BUT PLS ITS TOTALY WRONG TO JUGDE EVERYONE WIT ONE MANS MISTAKES
LETS THINK TWICE
WILL FOREVER LOVE U GUYS NO MATA UR TRIBE (NL)DIS IS WHY DIS COUNTRY WONT GET ANY BETTER INSTEAD OF DISCUSN ON CRUCIAL MATTERS HW TO MK TINS WORK WE AR HR MAKIN BLIND STUPID ARGUMENTS
D IGBOS,YORUBAS N HUASAS D EARLIER D BETA FOR US WE CM TO UNDSTND DT GOD GV US DIS COUNTRY TO BUILD N MIND U GUYS CUS WT EVA U SAY AGAINST D PPL OF DIS NATION GOD IS GOIN TO JUGDE U .
FIGHTN IS NOT GONA LEAD US ANYWR I DNT BLAME SOME CUS DEY TALK OUT OF FRUSTRATNS N EXPERIENCE
LETS THINK TWICE
WILL FOREVER LOVE U GUYS NO MATA UR TRIBE (NL)
DIS IS WHY DIS COUNTRY WONT GET ANY BETTER INSTEAD OF DISCUSN ON CRUCIAL MATTERS HW TO MK TINS WORK WE AR HR MAKIN BLIND STUPID ARGUMENTS
LETS THINK TWICE
WILL FOREVER LOVE U GUYS NO MATA UR TRIBE (NL)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Installed As Grand-Patron Of Kegites Club International (Pix) / Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi / Davood Roostaei Draws Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi's Portrait In USA (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.