Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

#FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail (30598 Views)

Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 / Ese's Abductor, Yunusa Dahiru Handcuffed In Court Today / My Son Was Oruru’s Domestic Help For 10 Years – Yunusa’s Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

#FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by JumiR: 6:38am On Mar 11, 2016
By JUMI RHODES

Yunusa Dahiru, aka Yunusa Yellow, the suspected abductor of a Bayelsa teenager, Ese Oruru, was on Tuesday arraigned at a Federal High Court in Yenagoa, the Bayelsa State capital, Yunusa Yellow is being charged for abduction, coercion, seduction into illicit intercourse, sexual exploitation and unlawful carnal knowledge of Miss Oruru. In another development, a campaign themed #FreeYellowNow has begun online and popular in Kano, advocating for the release of the suspected abductor. One of those championing Yunusa's case is a lecturer at the Bayero University Kano, Dr. Audu Bukarti, a lawyer who is expected to represent the suspected abductor next Monday in Yenagoa. Speaking on #FreeYellowNow, Bukarti said, "Many thought Yunusa was not represented by lawyers when he was arraigned yesterday. The truth is that he was represented by the 4 lawyers we have hired for him in Bayelsa. We asked them to represent him because we knew the only thing that would be done yesterday was to read the charges and take his plea.

"Yunusa has denied all the 5 charges framed against him. If Yunusa went to court alone, perhaps, he would have pleaded guilty because he might not understand the meaning and implication of what was read to him. But he was properly guided because there were lawyers with him. We have filed an application for the bail of Yunusa. The application has yet been taken. The matter has been adjourned to Monday, the 14/3/16 for hearing even though our contacts say hearing may not commence on that day. I and other lawyers are planning to be in court on Monday even though we are yet to finalise our plans. We may not be in court on Monday if hearing will not commence on that day. This is because the matter may just be called and adjourned on that day and our 4 lawyers can do that for us. The SAN who will lead us will be in court when hearing commences. They have shamelessly dropped forceful marriage and forceful conversion to Islam. This shows we are succeeding. We will keep you posted."

http://dawntodusknews.com/san-4-lawyers-file-application-for-yunusa-yellows-bail-as-freeyunusayellow-campaign-begins/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Connoisseur(m): 6:40am On Mar 11, 2016
Anyone can mount any campaign after all he is assumed innocent until proven guilty

But I believe the truth will prevail and he would pay his dues for crimes committed

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Raphael81(m): 6:45am On Mar 11, 2016
free the rapist? Lawyers are lawyers but the real truth is that the man cannot avoid justice, his he subject to the southern laws or sharia laws? After trying him in the south i advise the sharia court should still try him and lash senses out of his head but it will be double jeopardy ...

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by kingdenny(m): 7:00am On Mar 11, 2016
This is Nigeria where justice is thrown to thé wolves i wont be surprise if this is swept under thé carpet, until wé learn to put aside ethnic and religion sentiment in our approach to What concern us and Nigeria wé will never progress as a nation but only going in circles

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by tunwumi: 7:00am On Mar 11, 2016
Hummm
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by PRYCE(m): 7:14am On Mar 11, 2016
Ok now!
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by fiizznation: 7:19am On Mar 11, 2016
Yunusa is innocent of the allegations he has been accused of, and this will always be my stand. Just because yunusa doesn't have access or money to a good lawyer doesn't mean he should be treated with disrespect. A girl of 14yrs WILLINGLY eloped with her lover from bayelsa to kano, and all of a sudden everybody is calling for yunusa's head.

It is today in Nigeria that girls of different ages elope with random men to whatever destination? I urge kano elites to get a very good lawyer for yunusa who will battle it out in court with ese's lawyer, her parents and the government of bayelsa state. Ese's parents especially the mother are very wayward. They failed to train their daughter and instead they are looking for young yunusa to blame for their failure. Anybody that heard the narrative of ese's mother will definitely know the woman is hiding the true picture of her daughter's story.

I just saw Audu bukarti's( i happen to know the good man personally) name as one of yunusa's representative in court. Fortunately the man is highly intelligent and I trust what he can do. After all is said and done, I will urge bukarti to file a defamatory case against ese's parents because they have already defamed yunusa's character.

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by zicoraads: 7:21am On Mar 11, 2016
This is baseless and an insult to every child rights campaigner and well meaning Nigerians.

What do they hope to achieve with the campaign!? Intimidate the court into freeing him?

Why didn't they start the campaign for Ese's release when she was in captivity?

Actions like this is the reason why most people accused the north of supporting Yellow's actions in the first place.

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by zicoraads: 7:25am On Mar 11, 2016
fiizznation:
Yunusa is innocent of the allegations he has been accused of, and this will always be my stand. Just because yunusa doesn't have access or money to a good lawyer doesn't mean he should be treated with disrespect. A girl of 14yrs WILLINGLY eloped with her lover from bayelsa to kano, and all of a sudden everybody is calling for yunusa's head.

It is today in Nigeria that girls of different ages elope with random men to whatever destination? I urge kano elites to get a very good lawyer for yunusa who will battle it out in court with ese's lawyer, her parents and the government of bayelsa state. Ese's parents especially the mother are very wayward. They failed to train their daughter and instead they are looking for young yunusa to blame for their failure. Anybody that heard the narrative of ese's mother will definitely know the woman is hiding the true picture of her daughter's story.
Which one is 'He should not be treated with disrespect?' And how on earth will be 14-year-old child be matured enough to understand what 'eloping' with a 25-year-old will do to her life?

This region is very backward walahì! Even the so called educated ones will astound you with their foolish thoughts.

256 Likes 25 Shares

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by precious3382: 7:25am On Mar 11, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by dtruth3(m): 7:26am On Mar 11, 2016
Yes na! He is a Northerner, and he is a Muslim. They own this Country. If you're not okay with that, go and form your own country.

Some people were fed up living with them many years ago, and they decided to leave.

But some other people preferred not to leave kiss , so they joined forces and subdued the other people who wanted to leave because they where fed up.

INTRO

This was exactly what Mazi Oguejifor my late Father told me before he died!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by fiizznation: 7:52am On Mar 11, 2016
zicoraads:

Which one is 'He should not be treated with disrespect?' And how on earth will be 14-year-old child be matured enough to understand what 'eloping' with a 25-year-old will do to her life?

This region is very backward walahì! Even the so called educated ones will astound you with their foolish thoughts.
Look young man, I don't like folks who throw insults at any random cognomen on faceless fora. You would have still pass your own opinion without name callings.

That been said. No court of any jurisdiction have found yunusa guilty of the baseless accusations he was been accused of. What I and everybody have been reading online and offline is how yunusa the Muslim boy from the north "kidnapped/abducted" the innocent young christian bayelsa girl called ese from the south. Then I asked you, if this is not disrespect to yunusa's person then what is it? Yunusa has outrightly said he never abducted ESE rather she was the one that willingly followed him to kano. The girl is 14 as you all want everybody to believe. Then why are you not calling for the heads of ese's parents who failed to tell their 14yrs old child that it is very wrong to elope with boys to wherever?

Look young man, nobody is a fool and nobody believed the facade that ese's mother told journalists. Like I outrightly said. If you guys think nobody will stand up and speak/fight for yunusa, then you guys must be joking

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by lonelydora: 8:06am On Mar 11, 2016
Yunusa if found guilty should face the law.

4 Likes

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by ThePENGENIUS(m): 8:07am On Mar 11, 2016
Like a great man once quipped "... the problem of Nigeria is the problem of leadership"

Now I realize how correct he was. A new trend has developed -female abduction. And the president has done NOTHING whatsoever to indicate his disapproval.

My God! Did someone not say 'even silence is consent'?!

What have we got ourselves into?

Do we not realize the slow engulfment of Sharia and Islamic law over Nigeria?
A lecturer taking up the defense of someone who was clearly defined as an abductor?

All I can say is: My God, what have we done?!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by thefakestan: 8:07am On Mar 11, 2016
Northern things

ThefakeStan
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Smellymouth: 8:07am On Mar 11, 2016
Smh
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 11, 2016
fiizznation:
Look young man, I don't like folks who throw insults at any random cognomen on faceless fora. You would have still pass your own opinion without name callings.

That been said. No court of any jurisdiction have found yunusa guilty of the baseless accusations he was been accused of. What I and everybody have been reading online and offline is how yunusa the Muslim boy from the north "kidnapped/abducted" the innocent young christian bayelsa girl called ese from the south. Then I asked you, if this is not disrespect to yunusa's person then what is it? Yunusa has outrightly said he never abducted ESE rather she was the one that willingly followed him to kano. The girl is 14 as you all want everybody to believe. Then why are you not calling for the heads of ese's parents who failed to tell their 14yrs old child that it is very wrong to elope with boys to wherever?

Look young man, nobody is a fool and nobody believed the facade that ese's mother told journalists. Like I outrightly said. If you guys think nobody will stand up and speak for yunusa, then you guys must be joking

I like the points you made,and I think that there is more to the story.

Having said that, the laws of this country tend to look unfavourably on the ''defilement of minors''.Ese may have eloped with Yunusa.....but that does not mean that they should be having relations.....especially since Yunusa is clearly above 18 years.

I don't buy into the ''Northerners abducting Southern girls'' conspiracy......but that does not make Ese getting pregnant for her lover right.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by maxzzo1(m): 8:07am On Mar 11, 2016
Mallam sanusi handwork!!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by BigElEddy(m): 8:08am On Mar 11, 2016
Well, everybody deserve to have an opinion.

All of you cursing Nigeria because of this are just very ignorant.

An average American that is even unemployed will always say "God bless America" no matter what.

But a very comfortable Nigeria will be saying "yeye country", "nonsense country", etc

Didn't Ted Bundy and all those serial killers in America had awyers and supporters?

You people are Nigerias real problem and not politiciians

And yet you folks are the most religious morons who keep talking about how powerful the tongue is.

With the number of courses and bad wishes Nigeria recieves a day from Nigerians, it is easy to know why most things are going wrong.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by helphelp: 8:08am On Mar 11, 2016
Mediocre
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by kullozone(m): 8:09am On Mar 11, 2016
Mtcheew
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Istand4justice: 8:09am On Mar 11, 2016
Where did yinusa get money to employ SAN hmmmmm sanusi

15 Likes

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 11, 2016
Yeye country

2 Likes

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Benjom(m): 8:09am On Mar 11, 2016
Lawyers and money - inseparable companions.

1 Like

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by funkyrash(m): 8:11am On Mar 11, 2016
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Pavore9: 8:11am On Mar 11, 2016
I laugh at those who base their argument that the 14 year old willingly eloped with Yinusa. A minor has no will of her own.

18 Likes

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by MrAboki: 8:11am On Mar 11, 2016
#FreeYinusaYellow.. grin grin

#ArrestEseOruru&HerMother. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by solid3(m): 8:11am On Mar 11, 2016
If the alleged offences are bailable, he should be bailed but if it's not and he could abscond, then those SANs need to be questioned.

1 Like

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by ChappyChase: 8:11am On Mar 11, 2016
Clowns!!!

2 Likes

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 11, 2016
Istand4justice:
Where did yinusa get money to employ SAN hmmmmm sanusi

Well, the laws of this country are based on two principles from English common law...

1)Innocent until proven guilty.

2)Right to legal representation.

The late Gani Fawhennimi once represented a politician accused of corruption in the court.He may have not agreed with the politician....but that does not mean that the politician lost his right to be represented by a lawyer of his choice.

And who knows. The SAN is probably taking the case pro bono.

2 Likes

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 11, 2016
Igbos, you see how they gather for their own-
Shameless IGBOs,OHANEZE,and all of you beggars and crumb eaters,greedy 3rd class citizens of their own country!

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Arrests House Guard Who Killed Employer In Ajah, Lagos / FSARS Tracked Killer Of Cyriacus Onunkwo, Catholic Priest To Lagos Hideout / Goat Thieves Caught In Anambra And Paraded With The Goats They Stole (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.