Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,355 members, 7,808,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder (5695 Views)

Atta-Mills’ Son Visits TB Joshua In Nigeria / TB Joshua Didnt Foresee Atta Mills Death / Worshipper Tries To Attack Tb Joshua With Axe In Church. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by Nosa77(m): 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2009
I read this article on Nigeria Village Square - http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/guest-articles/obama-in-ghana-a-sub-saharan-sermon.html

Excerpts:
I reflect in sadness on the state of our ‘religious’ nation. Rather than stand up against the obvious abuse of responsibility by those in power, many religious leaders in Nigeria openly frolic with political champions for the sake of cheap publicity, political influence and their share in the taxpayers’ money. As such, they are publically condoning this greed and power-mongering by their very attitude, abandoning the role of torch-bearers in society. As Ebenezer Obadare wrote of such dubious relationships, “, in a dynamic that works quite well for the state and serves the ends of holders of political power, religious leaders attend their (office holders’) birthday ceremonies, bless their respective families, and, at the end of each year, unfailingly prophesy positive things for the country they so spectacularly misgovern.”   

I am reminded of how Pastor Enoch Adeboye of RCCG, recently voted as ‘Nigeria’s Greatest Living Legend’, regularly fraternised with Obasanjo, now generally considered as one of Africa’s most corrupt and crooked rulers. As Adeboye played host to him in his Redeemed headquarters, received his endorsement for evangelical crusades, posed with him in pictures for the papers, Obasanjo in return waived RCCG’s tax imports and gave them various political privileges. Yet in the course of their closeness, it was not reported that Adeboye ever publically denounced OBJ’s corrupt practices and immoral activities.

In a similar vein, Adeboye hailed Gbenga Daniel’s tenure in Ogun, endorsed his campaigns and often visited the state on invitation for prayer sessions. However, with the current crises engulfing Ogun State, calling into question the integrity of OGD and his political rivals in the Gateway state and further re-iterating the catastrophic level of double-mindedness and vulgarity that has ensnared our nation, one wonders whether such a level of intimacy will remain between the two. Success is everybody’s child while failure has no father.

Well did Martin Luther King say, “We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.” It is clear our religious leaders have a part to play in the gross mismanagement of resources and talents that Nigeria has come to be known for – not mainly for what they have done, but rather for the truth, however unpalatable, that they have failed to stand up for and compromised for the sake of personal gain and political appeasement. Many turn a blind eye to the words of Jesus Christ: “What is highly valued among men is detestable in God’s sight.”(Luke 16:15)

However, when the Ghanaian president, Professor John Evans Atta Mills, came to power this January in a peaceful election applauded internationally, his first point of call following his inauguration was The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations in Lagos, Nigeria to give thanks to God for his historic and unexpected victory. There, he shocked the continent with his declaration that Pastor TB Joshua had accurately predicted specific details of his three-round election victory, even calling Pastor Joshua ‘his mentor’, testifying that his humility and generosity had greatly impacted and inspired him. Joshua, in his turn, called on Mills to help the less privileged in Ghana, and support charitable organisations who ‘spend more on others and less on themselves’. The difference is evident. I am aware also of Mills ailing sight and hearing when he initially visited Joshua - problems set to terminate his political career, and his remarkable recovery following prayers.

It appears strange that the Nigerian churches are still busy arguing among themselves about the authenticity of Pastor TB Joshua, the very man Atta Mills has publically hailed and honoured. I think the results of these relationships speak louder than any pontificating on the qualifications of a true man of God.

SOURCE - Nigeria Village Square - http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/guest-articles/obama-in-ghana-a-sub-saharan-sermon.html

So - Adeboye with OBJ and OGD. TB Joshua with Atta Mills. I think the results speak for themselves. 

What do others think?

Re: Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by noetic2: 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2009
thought provoking. by their fruits we shall know them.
Re: Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by Tudor6(f): 10:57pm On Jul 18, 2009
I've always known Daddy 419 G.O to be a crooked old fool. Damn! It's always the stupid ones that live long. At age 62 or thereabout has he not made enough money from fleecing his flock??
He should retire and let other crooks take over!
Re: Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 19, 2009
hypocritical author.

so because T B Joshua fraternizes with a non-Nigerian president unlike G O Adeboye who dined with a Nigerian one, that makes Joshua better?

naijas and their weird reasoning.

Unless the author is a synagogue member oh.
Re: Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by switch47(m): 7:23am On Aug 13, 2009
[b]WHEN THE LORD JESUS HAD A MEAL WITH TAX COLLECTORS THIEVES THOSE THE CRITICS CONSIDERED DIRTY AND UNCLEAN-------IT TURNED OUT TO BE FOOLISHNESS IN THINKING OF MEN-------[/b]MEN N THE BID OF FINDING FAUT GOES TO THE EXTENT OF STRTING THIS KIND OF THREAD IN BAD FAITH MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS PASTOR ADEBOYE AND DO MIGHTY WORKS FOR GOD. AMEN!!
Re: Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by banom(m): 12:23pm On Aug 13, 2009
switch47:

WHEN THE LORD JESUS HAD A MEAL WITH TAX COLLECTORS THIEVES THOSE THE CRITICS CONSIDERED DIRTY AND UNCLEAN-------IT TURNED OUT TO BE FOOLISHNESS IN THINKING OF MEN-------[/b]MEN N THE BID OF FINDING FAUT GOES TO THE EXTENT OF STRTING THIS KIND OF THREAD IN BAD FAITH [b]MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS PASTOR ADEBOYE AND DO MIGHTY WORKS FOR GOD. AMEN!!

Amen my dear brother,
May the Lord richly bless him from your WALLET,
Re: Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by zmurda(m): 1:47pm On Aug 14, 2009
@ least Mr TB Josh is moving the scam to other nations,
Re: Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by Maykelly(f): 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2009
@Nosa 77, u lack true knowledge of the Bible.
Re: Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by lucillia90: 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2009
So B'cos Jesus had Judas Iscariot and even peter in table, ate and dined with them,

he shld be rebuffed!

Haba sad
Re: Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by CamT: 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2009
You guys should be careful with what you say or write less you bring destruction on yourselves. I would strongly suggest you desist from this. The bible says `Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm` The G.O is God's anointed. If he has taken wrong steps, let God handle it and not u. Please don't play God or else He would consume you. When Saul took wrong steps and David had an opportunity to kill him, David new better to touch God's property.

Please, I would advice the house to stop right here.
Re: Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by 9ja4eva: 4:08am On Aug 22, 2009
Cam- T:

You guys should be careful with what you say or write less you bring destruction on yourselves. I would strongly suggest you desist from this. The bible says `Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm` The G.O is God's anointed. If he has taken wrong steps, let God handle it and not u. Please don't play God or else He would consume you. When Saul took wrong steps and David had an opportunity to kill him, David new better to touch God's property.

Please, I would advice the house to stop right here.

Are you not God's anointed?Please lets be logical in our reasoning.
Re: Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by suedu(f): 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2009
@ poster
you better be very careful about how you talk and react about people, especially those being called with the name of the Lord.
what is even your point, is it about money or abour T.B Joshua and the rest. If you have ever believe in any spiritual matter, you will know that you have to be careful.
Re: Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by Zodiac61(m): 12:22am On Dec 31, 2009
suedu:

@ poster
you better be very careful about how you talk and react about people, especially those being called with the name of the Lord.
what is even your point, is it about money or abour T.B Joshua and the rest. If you have ever believe in any spiritual matter, you will know that you have to be careful.
What is this nonsense about 'anointed men of God'? Since when is criticising another man become an offence against god? All these guys are crooks fooling the masses with fairy tales. Yet we hang unto every piece of tripe that comes from their lips, even as they promise us untold wealth whilst living off tithes.
Adeboye with OBJ, TB Joushua with Atta Mills- so what.
It tells us more about the mentality of our leaders, who instead of working of the benefit of their people, go around seeking superstitious solutions to the problems of the country. They are always calling on Jehovah and Allah to solve the problems we face.
How stupid are we??
Re: Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by jcross22: 12:55am On Dec 31, 2009
TRUE JESUS ATE WITH THE SINNERS RIGHT EVEN WITH TAX COLLECTOR WHY NOT HEROD I THINK THEY WERE A STRONG LEADERS DURING THE TIME OF JESUS DO OUR BIBLE TELL US THAT JESUS WAS PALLY WITH THEM EVEN DINNING WITH THE GOVERNMENT. OH SHAME ON OUR PASTORS ESPECIALLY THE GENERAL OVERSEERS THEY ARE CROOKS AND SCAM. EVEN WHY AM I WORRYING MYSELF WHEN THE BIBLE HAS CLEARED IT ALL IN THIS MATH.24:6 TO 8 . IT'S BOUND TO HAPPEN IS NOT NEW
Re: Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by pmartins: 8:35pm On Jan 18, 2010
is it everything the eye see that the mouth will talks? let us try to appreciate all this men of God, when a governor or president visit a man of God show that they rely on God is not by their power and again will should be thanking God for their lifes.
Re: Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by free123: 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2010
@pmartins
who told u our leaders rely on GOD? They don't, look at our bad roads, schools, hospitals etc, GOD will not come down to put them in order, it has to be our leaders. We have all the resources to make Nigeria a great nation but our leaders will not allow that. And the worst being that these pastors will see nothing wrong with that, instead, they will praise them for a job well done.
Re: Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder by anonimi: 11:14am On Nov 30, 2010
Luke 19

7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.
8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.
9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

can anyone see that Christ did not pronounce salvation into the "sinner" Zacchaeus" house UNTIL he had first pledged RESTITUTION of all that he had obtained FRAUDULENTLY.
Is that the standard of those claiming to represent God and Chrsit on earth now?

(1) (Reply)

1st Bible Translated In Yoruba By Ajayi Crowther Inside 1st Storey Building (pic / Why Do You Go To Your Church? / HEAVEN: A Prepared Place For Prepared People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.