Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN (10995 Views)

Appreciating The Administrations Of Obasanjo, Yar'adua, Jonathan, And Buhari / Past Administrations Showed No Interest In Completing Rail Project: Amaechi / Breaking News PMB To Start Probe Of Past Administrations On Monday 5/10/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by zinachidi(m): 10:17am On Mar 11, 2016
United Nations Information Centre in Nigeria has said women have a poorer representation in President Muhammadu Buhari-led government than in past administrations.

UNIC Lagos Director, Mr. Ronald Kayanja said this yesterday at the United Nations International Women’s Day celebration, organised by a coalition of non-governmental organisations in Lagos.
He attributed the situation to huge funding required for election campaign and traditional perception of women, saying economic and gender-based violence also increased the risk of young women contracting Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).

He said, “In Nigeria today, women represent 58 per cent of all the people living with HIV. The power inequalities that underline gender-based violence, including physical, sexual, psychological and economic violence, expose young women to HIV.
“I hasten to add that even though women are disproportionately affected by the HIV epidemic, more men than women die of AIDS every year in Nigeria.
“Of particular concern to the UN is the political will to implement the Nigeria National Gender Policy, which commits to affirmative action and requires that women fill 35 per cent of appointed positions.
“Regrettably, we are far from the target presently. For instance, in the current National Assembly, women representation is at its lowest with only 5.6 per cent of the members of the House of Representatives and 6.5 per cent of the senators being women.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/11/women-representation-under-buhari-poorer-than-past-administrations-un/

1 Like

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by cckris: 10:27am On Mar 11, 2016
The world will soon know the truth. Buhari has only evil plans for Nigerians. And it won't take long.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by Kyase(m): 10:31am On Mar 11, 2016
cckris:
The world will soon know the truth. Buhari has only evil plans for Nigerians. And it won't take long.
Yea but Jonathan has good plans after appointing the-women-looters abi.
The best looting attacking force the world has known.
M.O.D you know their full names na, even MSN dey learn work for their side.

Make UN go seat down one side joor.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by hollywater: 10:32am On Mar 11, 2016
I am not surprised. Very soon Aisha the first Lady will lead women wings protest to Aso Rock. I heard Tinubu daughter did two days ago.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by freshness2020: 11:19am On Mar 11, 2016
How can a even sane person compare these two together. Imagine undecided undecided

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by trishapal(f): 11:19am On Mar 11, 2016
These external forces should just keep quiet and allow us fix the problems already caused at a time we listened to their nonsense. Now the only voice we'll hear is ourselves'

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by Sijo01(f): 11:20am On Mar 11, 2016
The truth is bitter!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by falolajacob(m): 11:21am On Mar 11, 2016
Women never see anything yet, it would still be reduced.

8 Likes

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by hammedkola(m): 11:21am On Mar 11, 2016
Sai Baba lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by SleekMallam: 11:21am On Mar 11, 2016
Buhari is a well known small pen!s misogynist. He makes no attempt to mask it whatsoever. very obvious for even the blind to see and the deaf to hear.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by Firefire(m): 11:22am On Mar 11, 2016
cckris:

grin

2 Likes

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by Project400: 11:22am On Mar 11, 2016
Interesting
Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by greatness22(m): 11:23am On Mar 11, 2016
Do the northern part of this country have respect for women? Silly people.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by SycophanticGoat: 11:23am On Mar 11, 2016
hollywater:
I am not surprised. Very soon Aisha the first Lady will lead women wings protest to Aso Rock. I heard Tinubu daughter did two days ago.

Yes, that jobless ipork tout led her fellow ipork touts to protest in Abuja some days ago... cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by Achorise: 11:23am On Mar 11, 2016
Jonathan was not only educated, he understood governance. .

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by rawtouch: 11:23am On Mar 11, 2016
Everyone has their own leadership pattern
Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 11, 2016
Buhari religion does not accept women into power

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by tottinova: 11:24am On Mar 11, 2016
zinachidi:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/11/women-representation-under-buhari-poorer-than-past-administrations-un/

does it matter
As long as they are getting the work done.
What do they want from the old man angry

1 Like

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by Bevista: 11:25am On Mar 11, 2016
“Regrettably, we are far from the target presently. For instance, in the current National Assembly, women representation is at its lowest with only 5.6 per cent of the members of the House of Representatives and 6.5 per cent of the senators being women.”
Is it the president that will determine or influence who wins party nominations or gets elected into the Senate or HOR? What could Buhari have done to alter or favour those percentages? This is a societal problem and not that of the president. More women need to aspire for elective positions, political parties need to give more of them opportunities to represent them and finally the electorate needs to trust and vote for women.
---
The president can/should only be held responsible for appointments, because that is directly under his area of influence.

5 Likes

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by demarc001: 11:27am On Mar 11, 2016
Nothing new! We already know

6 Likes

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by galaxy4rep(m): 11:27am On Mar 11, 2016
OK...
Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by bobchigar(m): 11:27am On Mar 11, 2016
How does having more woman represented guaranteed good governance. Leave gender aside for now, we need those that can revive our country from drowning irrespective of gender.
Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by passionate88: 11:28am On Mar 11, 2016
what do u expect from am islamist?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by Parkac(m): 11:28am On Mar 11, 2016
Dammysmart:
[s]morning all... did u score less than 180 in jamb or do you
have anyone who got below 180??.. pls chat Me up on
WhatsApp, check my number from my signature... i have
a good news for you.
if u cant c my signature my number is: zero eight one
eight three two eight six eight nine two
please I'm not a result upgrader or jamb official just want
to share some important info with you.[/s]

Scam Alert! Are you Father christmas? UTME candidates beware
Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by Yksoul(m): 11:28am On Mar 11, 2016
I BEG,WHICH KIND WOMEN?WOMEN LIKE DIEZANI MADUEKE,OKONJO,ETE EX SPEAKER,STELLA ODUAH? THAT DESTROYED 6YEARS GOVERNMENT? FOR NOW NO MORE WOMEN AGAIN I BEG

1 Like

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by martyns303(m): 11:29am On Mar 11, 2016
Who conducts all this kind surveys by the way?
Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by luke10: 11:29am On Mar 11, 2016
The world over, infact, the entire human race will, within the shortest period know the degree of Buhari and apc's propaganda. I was just watching Amaechi on AIT, Focus Nigeria and was could not stop laughing. I know Amaechi's mouth but he is gone worse for now. Apc is not worth listening. They are just a scam.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by Amazondepth(m): 11:30am On Mar 11, 2016
Make una leave Buhari make e breathe small na.d guy is 74 o!everyday one group or the other attacking Baba.d truth is PMB is forming voltron.d focus of his leadership is built on sustaining an anti-corruption posture and dats all.Governance in truth is all encompassing.d pace is just too fast for him Delegate responsibilities and bring technocrats on board make u rest small.very soon na to fly go America go attend nuclear summit wey u no go even understanding the technicalities of discourse.It is well with Naija

2 Likes

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by gurunlocker: 11:30am On Mar 11, 2016
i think UN are IPOB
lol

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by glossy6(f): 11:31am On Mar 11, 2016
In islam, Women have half of a man's brain. He can't appoint half brains

6 Likes

Re: Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN by Lilimax(f): 11:41am On Mar 11, 2016
glossy6:
In islam, Women have half of a man's brain. He can't appoint half brains
erh!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Confirms Halilu Shaba As NASRDA DG / 2023: Atiku, Tinubu Threat To Igbo Presidency – Chekwas Okorie / Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.