Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics (2408 Views)

Biafra Cowards In Igboland (ohanaeze Ndigbo) Disowns Nnamdi Kalu - IPOB Leader / [picture] Buhari And GEJ Dress Up In Military Attire To Salute Nigerians / We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by AloyEmeka9: 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2009
Name the greatest cowards of all time in Nigeria politics and military.

I can only think of Oladipo Diya: The Crying General.

1 Like

Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by Arnold1(m): 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2009
Another Yoruba bashing thread by the one and only

1 Like

Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by immadosumn: 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2009
lol
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by AloyEmeka9: 10:07pm On Jul 18, 2009
Arnold1:

Another Yoruba bashing thread by the one and only
tpiah how now?
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by russellino: 10:51pm On Jul 18, 2009
Diya without a doubt. Second is gowon who as d head of state tried to flee when he heard biafran forces were at ore (over 250km away).It took all d slithery guile and charm of the british high comissioner to calm him and make him stay
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by bawomolo(m): 2:56am On Jul 19, 2009
What about Ojukwu for fleeing in an alleged peace mission?

the list is a long one. add on people.

1 Like

Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by Dede1(m): 4:39am On Jul 19, 2009
I tip my hat for Brigadier Ogundipe, most army officers of Yoruba extraction in 1966 and then Major Samuel Ogbemudia
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 19, 2009
Diya was a disgrace . . . no offense. and i'm yoruba.
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 19, 2009
Nigerians are cowards, their military personal and politicians are even worse. I mean all of them, past and present. angry
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by bawomolo(m): 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2009
Dede1:

I tip my hat for Brigadier Ogundipe, most army officers of Yoruba extraction in 1966 and then Major Samuel Ogbemudia

did you expect Ogundipe to challenge Gowon and Murtala Mohammed?

Ogundipe had no choice but to back down. he should have been more vocal though.
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by AloyEmeka9: 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2009
bawomolo:

did you expect Ogundipe to challenge Gowon and Murtala Mohammed?

Ogundipe had no choice but to back down.  he should have been more vocal though. 
Ogundipe was no coward. He was surrounded and only a fool will try something funny in that situation. It's like calling Earnest Shonekan a coward.

1 Like

Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by AloyEmeka9: 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2009
russellino:

Diya without a doubt. Second is gowon who as d head of state tried to flee when he heard biafran forces were at ore (over 250km away).It took all d slithery guile and charm of the british high comissioner to calm him and make him stay
Where did you get this information?. People sabi make up stories about Biafra.
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by AloyEmeka9: 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2009
BecomeRich will be another guy to beat Diya's record. Watch out.
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by Beaf: 11:01pm On Jul 19, 2009
The average Nigerian is either a coward or idolises a coward, thinking that coward will bring salvation.
The few who aren't cowards waiting for the right moment or the right person.
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by russellino: 1:52pm On Jul 22, 2009
@ Aloy.emeka

Whaaat!! That was one of the most popular stories at the time. Of course the F.G would never have admitted that they were moving the seat of power from lagos but the fact is,it was widely reported in foreign and local dailies that the seat of power was likely to be moved to an undisclosed location in the north.The then high comm to nigeria Sir Cumming Bruce aka "sir cunning brute" was also quoted as saying that the UK (then groaning under the fiasco in the rhodesia episode) could not afford to lose any more oil rich allies. for related reading check this out http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/economicHistory/seminars/Kristilolu.pdf
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by bilymuse: 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2009
That Yoruba man Diya is a big coward, I nearly died of laughter when I saw his video begging Abacha, imagine all the fake bravado when he was governor of Ogun state

But the biggest hypocrite of all, betrayer, shameless bald headed fool and a consummate coward, is Ojukwu. That shameless idiot sweet tongue thousands of people to their death only for him to fled , at the heat of the battle. Imagine a General, the chief commanding officer, an head of state, running away from a battle field. Condemning thousands of Biafran soldiers to the mercy of the Nigerian army.

Now is back from his self impose exile collaborating with the enemy to betray his people. Like a vulture, Ojukwu is feeding on the carcass of the dead. The soul of those Biafra soldiers betrayed by Ojukwu cries for justice. While some bozo calling themself massob sing his praise

Ojukwu should be tried for cowardice and betrayal in a military tribunal and shot, to appease the wondering soul of unsung heroes: the biafran soldiers, who paid the ultimate price

1 Like

Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:04pm On Jul 22, 2009
How about Tajudeen Olanrewaju and Abdukarim Adisa
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by otele(m): 10:09pm On Jul 22, 2009
ojukwu was not a coward per se, but he sure was a huge hypocrite. anyone who flees when the battle comes to his doorstep is a disgrace to military philosophy.

as per cowardice, no one beats oladipo diya, abdulkareem adisa, tajudeen olaiya etc . . . those guys are world record holders grin grin grin grin

but the greatest collection of cowards is in a place called . . . . undecided . . . . . nigeria cool

I50 million people just sit down and allow about <200,000people to destroy them. that is cowardice embarassed
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by Bialegend(m): 12:40am On Jul 23, 2009
bilymuse:

That Yoruba man Diya is a big coward, I nearly died of laughter when I saw his video begging Abacha, imagine all the fake bravado when he was governor of Ogun state

Abeg, where can one find the link to this video? Can anyone post it here? Thanks.
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by MrCrackles(m): 12:45am On Jul 23, 2009
nuzo:

Nigerians are cowards, their military personal and politicians are even worse. I mean all of them, past and present. angry

Gbam!
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by noetic2: 12:48am On Jul 23, 2009
undoubtedly ojukwu.
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by jumobi1(m): 1:36am On Jul 23, 2009
bilymuse:

I've been engaging in pragmatic research for the videos pertaining to this historical event. Where can the visual media be located?
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by Beaf: 2:17am On Jul 23, 2009
"General" Frederick Fasehun Fasehun of OPC who couldn't put up strong resistance to June 12, but now wants to fight Nigeria's minorities.
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by bombay: 3:20am On Jul 23, 2009
nigerians are the biggest cowards of all time.
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by bawomolo(m): 4:38am On Jul 23, 2009
someone need to post the coup plot tribunal videos.

those were classic. major generals and a lt.general looking like petty thieves.
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by generalzango(m): 7:14am On Jul 23, 2009
@ Mrcrackles,am i among those coward Generals? Any Military officer who runs away from a battle field is a big COWARD & betrayer of men. Who can ask ojukwu why he did what he did? We are waiting for the report.
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by AloyEmeka9: 7:32am On Jul 23, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

How about Tajudeen Olanrewaju and Abdukarim Adisa
Both did not cry at the tribunal like Diya. So, they are not cowards.
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by kiwi992(m): 10:54am On Jul 23, 2009
Hi All,

Bilymouse:
But the biggest  hypocrite of all, betrayer, shameless bald headed fool and a consummate coward, is Ojukwu. That shameless idiot sweet tongue thousands of people to their death only for him to fled , at the heat of the battle. Imagine a General, the chief commanding officer, an head of state, running away from a battle field. Condemning thousands of Biafran soldiers to the mercy of the Nigerian army.

Surely, Ojukwu could never have been a coward, could he?

At least, he had the guts to mobilise his people and fight, in view of the acts of genocide committed against the Ibos and other Easterners.  My hats off to him and this is coming from a non-Ibo.

Far from being a coward, if you ask me.

kiwi992.
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by kokoA(m): 11:29am On Jul 23, 2009
1. OLADIPO DIYA

2. Oladipo diya

3. Oladipo Diyaaaaaa grin grin grin

cry The cry cry general
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by generalzango(m): 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2009
@kokaA, do u mean if diya was in Ojukwus' shoes in the civil war,his name could have appeared in the guiness book of record. cry cry diya,ha ha ha.
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by kuramo: 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2009
Private Oladipo Diya, the most pathetic coward of all time. That man is a disgrace to his people.
Re: Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics by MrCrackles(m): 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2009
Does anyone have Diya's "show of shame"
I am just keen to see what a crying general looks like. . . . . grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vision 2010:what Happened To It? / Is Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi The Best Minister In Jonathan's Cabinet? / Trouble Brews Among Akwa Ibom Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.