Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,872 members, 7,806,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? (26999 Views)

Why Are Most Guys Unfaithful Even When They Have Loyal Or Beautiful Girlfriends? / Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? / Why Do Guys Have To "DEMAND" For Sex?!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by dROC1: 7:00pm On Jul 18, 2009
They say money can't buy love but it seems there's still no love without some money. Girls now size up a guy to find out if he can "afford" them. I have had a couple of girlfriends that demanded to know exactly how much I earn. Some even went as far as telling me that a percentage of my salary now belonged to them. Isn't it like paying her to be your girlfriend. What happens if you don't pay?

Some girls will say"as your girlfriend you don't expect me to be wearing old clothes and not have my hair fixed etc". Hence the "allowance". Seems relationships like everything else is "pay as you go".

The question is:

Girls
:Does your  guy have to pay you an allowance(monthly, weekly or daily) for the relationship to continue?

Guys: Will you pay your girlfriend a monthly allowance if she demands it or are you already paying her?

I'm looking forward to learning a lot about relationships from this thread.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by chyk91(m): 11:55pm On Jul 18, 2009
no its not rite
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sugabelle: 2:04am On Jul 19, 2009
stay there dey ask. You are open to three situations:

date a girl who's not so rich, and fail to give her a regular allowance, then prepare to be cheated on as she sleeps around with those who will give her what she needs. she might keep u as her bf but will certainly have a richer and more generous lover to meet her demands

or, date a rich girl who won't need your dough but will still expect you to "shake bodi" just so she won't feel it's you dating her for her money. In short, rich girls demand just as much bc it feels better telling her friends "my bf bought this/dat for me

OR date a poor girl who's not demanding but would love to have the good things of life(which she's afraid to ask you for money to buy), and notice she might be secretly unhappy and this will put a strain on the r/ship. Who won't like to have good phone, enuf credit, nice clothes and hair, and if the bf can afford it, why not?

If you want her enough to ask her out, you should be ready to take care of her needs. If you can't afford a definite weekly/monthly allowance, at least make some funds available from time to time.

In conclusion and sorry to say, but real men in love don't ask this question you're asking. sad

1 Like

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Sweetdoct247(m): 2:31am On Jul 19, 2009
Guy hope say u no dey look for excuse to be stingy? grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Bolalaw(f): 2:43am On Jul 19, 2009
No its wrong
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 3:10am On Jul 19, 2009
lool, this is serious! grin LWKMD grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by blackmann(m): 3:50am On Jul 19, 2009
A girl should not use the excuse of allowance to ever date a man. it would make her look like a gold digger(which many girls of these days are). It's when i feel like it that i give her money, but she does ask for money for hair, creams, transport(if i cannot drop her off that is), recharge cards, etc, which i gladly give her, but to demand for monthly allowance, is to me more of her wanting me for wat i can give her and not wat i am.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 4:01am On Jul 19, 2009
rotflmao. Is this a joke?
Allowance to be in a r/ship? What is he? your mac daddy? cheesy cheesy cheesy

So would the allowance increase when they marry?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 4:07am On Jul 19, 2009
It depends on how long you've been together but no matter how long, there'd be limitation to what she can ask. If we've been together a long time, she'd have known what I will and won't do and she has to absolutely understand that. I do not ever have to give part of my income to my girlfriend; that can only be done outright stupid. Why should she be bugging me with money for her hair and clothes? If I didn't date her, won't she have them? Won't she make her hair? What difference does it make? Is she cut out to live as pests on guys' income? It's ridiculous. If I do wish to give her couple of gifts at different times that is totally up to me and not on her request same goes with money and other expenses. I work for myself, to establish who I want to be and save for the family I'll have in the future not to expend it on some girl who can abscond any time and stick to a richer guy. And in what school of romance or thought has it been said that I must foot her bills? Isn't she working? If she's not, who's been footing her bills before I came in? That's pure gold digging --- what will she ask for again when I'm paying her allowances? Let me scan my thoughts, uhmmm .  . . . . . . she'll ask to drive my second car. It's nonsense. I'd NEVER do that.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 4:15am On Jul 19, 2009
sugabelle:

date a girl who's not so rich, and fail to give her a regular allowance, then prepare to be cheated on as she sleeps around with those who will give her what she needs. she might keep u as her bf but will certainly have a richer and more generous lover to meet her demands

or, date a rich girl who won't need your dough but will still expect you to "shake bodi" just so she won't feel it's you dating her for her money. In short, rich girls demand just as much bc it feels better telling her friends "my bf bought this/dat for me

OR date a poor girl who's not demanding but would love to have the good things of life(which she's afraid to ask you for money to buy), and notice she might be secretly unhappy and this will put a strain on the r/ship. Who won't like to have good phone, enuf credit, nice clothes and hair, and if the bf can afford it, why not?

If you want her enough to ask her out, you should be ready to take care of her needs. If you can't afford a definite weekly/monthly allowance, at least make some funds available from time to time.

In conclusion and sorry to say, but real men in love don't ask this question you're asking
. sad

Real men go ahead to splash their doughs on girlfriends? And who are these real men? Politicians, fraudster and drug barons? Please. This is the real world and no one will work hard to get money and spend it on a girl, it's impossible. If I see a man do it at her request, I'd say he's dumb and stupid, as I am sure such man cannot come out boldly and say it: Why keep it a secret if it's such a right thing to do? So if I have to come up with some money before I enter a relationship with a girl, what happens if along the line I lose my job and have monetary problems? She'll flee for another man with a lot more cash than I had. If her demands became so enormous that I can't handle them, she still gets to have another man on the side, isn't it? What if I'm a poor guy who doesn't have money, oh I get it, I won't be entitled to a relationship. The highlighted part of your post depicts the exact qualities of a gold digger or what else do you call that? Stop making ladies look bad than they already do.

3 Likes

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by C2H5OH(f): 9:01am On Jul 19, 2009
If she gon' be getting paid to be his woman, she best be ready to offer the very best services available. If not, her position is in jeopardy and someone more suitable can fill the spot at anytime.

Allowance ko deliverance ni

1 Like

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by justwise(m): 9:24am On Jul 19, 2009
sugabelle:

In conclusion and sorry to say, but real men in love don't ask this question you're asking. sad

One of the worst rubbish I ever read in my life…real man my ass

1 Like

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by iice(f): 9:31am On Jul 19, 2009
@Topic, some men don't mind giving or that their gfs ask for allowance. At the same time some men are the cause of this situation.

Personally, never have, never will.

1 Like

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sugabelle: 9:35am On Jul 19, 2009
hmm'n, it would be rubbish to those who find it hard to even give N1 to their babe, just bc they don't want her to be a gold-digger. I didn't say she should demand  it of him, but that he needn't wait for her to ask. If you thought her worth asking out, then why won't she be worth spending on? Simple giving does wonders in a r/ship. It doesn't guarantee everlasting love, but when the affair is serious, it makes it all easier. Real men treat their babe like their own sister/mum and make sure she lacks for nothing they can easily provide. tongue
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by dROC1: 9:56am On Jul 19, 2009
sugabelle:

This kind of post could only have come from a woman's point of view. You were right in your classification of the various classes of girls but what you failed to realise is that the topic is only trying to answer a question of whether love between two people can continue to exist if the boyfirend cannot afford "the allowance".

For instance, I just lost my job and it totally caught me unawares financially and I made no plans prior to the incident. Now, will a girlfriend who has been used to "a sizeable allowance" continue to show me the same kind of love in the light of my current circumstances. Knowing fully well that I have no more income, I should expect to be left in the dust for some richer dude right?

And one more thing, because a man is temporarily indisposed financially does not mean he is not a "real man". The weather can always change.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 10:01am On Jul 19, 2009
sugabelle:

hmm'n, it would be rubbish to those who find it hard to even give N1 to their babe, just bc they don't want her to be a gold-digger. I didn't say she should demand  it of him, but that he needn't wait for her to ask. If you thought her worth asking out, then why won't she be worth spending on? Simple giving does wonders in a r/ship. It doesn't guarantee everlasting love, but when the affair is serious, it makes it all easier. Real men treat their babe like their own sister/mum and make sure she lacks for nothing they can easily provide. tongue
There's no point contesting you're a gold digger, so don't make an effort to demonstrate it, we already know.

2 Likes

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by dROC1: 10:12am On Jul 19, 2009
I have asked a few girls out in my time and I've gotten responses like:

How much do you earn?
Can you afford me?
How much you wan give me sef, Abeg your money no reach?
I need a monthly allowance of XXXX  before I can say yes.
I have needs.
I'm the first daughter so I need a man that can give me enough to support my family.
My ex-boyfriend was this and that so I cant settle for less sorry.
Excuse me, I don't see any diamonds with you so I'm sorry.

I mean, I love now something that we have to bargin for like a piece of fish in the marketplace. Is love now a commodity to be bought?

This does not mean I am stingy in anyway but it is a real turn-off when you admire someone and all they can think about is how much money they will make out of a relationship. Now, what makes them different from the prostitutes who expect to get paid for their services as well(only they don't deny what they are)

It only means that as a man I can get any other woman out there if the price is right.
And this could be the primary reason why some men cheat on their wives because they feel she married them for their money so they'll punish her by tying her down and getting other girls with the same money she loves so much.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by iice(f): 10:14am On Jul 19, 2009
d-ROC:

I have asked a few girls out in my time and I've gotten responses like:

How much do you earn?
Can you afford me?
How much you wan give me sef, Abeg your money no reach?
I need a monthly allowance of XXXX  before I can say yes.
I have needs.
I'm the first daughter so I need a man that can give me enough to support my family.
My ex-boyfriend was this and that so I cant settle for less sorry.
Excuse me, I don't see any diamonds with you so I'm sorry.

Rofl grin grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sugabelle: 10:14am On Jul 19, 2009
lol> calling me a gold digger like it's a dirty word tongue cool, who cares? Sticks and stones, dude. You on the other hand, show the tell-tale signs of being an aka-gum(stingy tight-fist) There's a four out of five chance your babe has a second or third bf.

Maybe because I have a generous and caring boo, and I see what my pals go through with their stingy bfs. But they want her to open her legs when ever and however they like. Shior. But of course you don't have to be loaded to be entitled to a girlfriend, so to the OP, I'm sure if the guy is broke, and the girl knows he's sincerely not able to provide, then she'll have to understand. But when the chap is obviously okay financially and decides, out of that old-fashioned "gold-digger mentality" that he will not "pay" to date her, then that makes me sick. I never have to "beg" or demand my man for anything, he knows the drill. And in turn he gets my full and deepest devotion. tongue

1 Like

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 10:22am On Jul 19, 2009
sugabelle:

lol> calling me a gold digger like it's a dirty word tongue cool, who cares? Sticks and stones, dude. You on the other hand, show the tell-tale signs of being an aka-gum(stingy tight-fist) There's a four out of five chance your babe has a second or third bf.

Maybe because I have a generous and caring boo, and I see what my pals go through with their stingy bfs. But they want her to open her legs when ever and however they like. Shior. But of course you don't have to be loaded to be entitled to a girlfriend, so to the OP, I'm sure if the guy is broke, and the girl knows he's sincerely not able to provide, then she'll have to understand. But when the chap is obviously okay financially and decides, out of that old-fashioned "gold-digger mentality" that he will not "pay" to date her, then that makes me sick. I never have to "beg" or demand my man for anything, he knows the drill. And in turn he gets my full and deepest devotion. tongue
A bonafide mumu, a cheerful maga and a blessed mugu. Abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sugabelle: 10:30am On Jul 19, 2009
mr seeker, i don't know wat u're seeking, but if you want to start something this early Sunday morning, I pity you. You've already shown that you're a broke-ass loser who can't get a decent babe. What ever, save ur name-calling for someone who could be bothered. Monkey.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 10:36am On Jul 19, 2009
As you can see, I've not started calling you names yet and I don't have to. I'm too big for that. I'm just stating the obvious, don't be mad, ok? No hard feelings, it just might come across as harsh but it's the truth, at least.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sugabelle: 10:40am On Jul 19, 2009
hmm'n, let me see: calling someone a gold digger, mumu, maga, and mumu(in that order) is not name-calling in ur own dictionary? You must be dumber than I thought. Please don't take out your frustrations on me ok, and leave this thread for objective and matured posters who can give their personal opinions without getting personal.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by dROC1: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2009
sugabelle:

You made finally made some sense with what you said about the dude being financially ok and not giving you your "cut". Now, that statement about him expecting the girl to throw her legs wide open when he ain't dropping the allowance just sounds straight up like "LovePeddler-talk".

Would you be with your current boo, if he wasn't a "baller"? It's time you know where you really stand.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sugabelle: 11:35am On Jul 19, 2009
hmm'n, he wasn't a "baller" when we started dating; we were students in uni, and I stuck with him because what he lacked in giving cash, he made up for in being supportive and loving. And now that he's rolling in dough, who else is he going to blow it on but me, huh? tongue. LovePeddler-talk or not, guys are demanding in their own rights, and if the babe is relunctant bc she feels he is too stingy to deserve her most prized possession, na crime? And for the record, I'm quite comfortable in my own right, but it feels extra nice when your man chooses to be generous and not act like he thinks you're a prostitute because you expect him to spend a little.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by dROC1: 11:48am On Jul 19, 2009
Thanks for clearing the air on that, your's seems to be a different case then.

A woman that sticks with a man through the rough times deserves everything and more when the going is good.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by henchmark: 12:42pm On Jul 19, 2009
@ topic,

the hard truth is this: you must have to spend. gone are the days when u say you want to test the chick by depriving her of cash, you will simply deprive your self of lovely chicks, but personally if a girl tells me to give her an allowance thats the last we will see, cos i know i use my descretion reasonably, atleast i have been told that by all the girlfriends i have dated so any girl that dares to open her mouth to ask me for an allowance is a grossly greedy fellow and a gold digger.
i love beautiful things and money makes things more beautiful so am not hesistant spending money but a reasonable man shud know when to spend otherwise one day she will sell you.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by minute(f): 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2009
Ah just sing her this:

[chorus]

I wont pay
I wont pay
A NO waaaaay!
A nana why dont you get a job?!?
Say no way
Say no waaaaay
A nana wont get you a job!!

Problem solved.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by whitelexi(m): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2009
I used to do that, then i heard news about where my money was really going. . .  So i had to revisit the issue and now, the only person who has a monthly allowance from me is my mum. Not like it achieves much for her, no, but the mere fact that she will appreciate it and pray for more blessings for u - that alone is a good incentive.

@Topic: Thats a no-no!

@TheSeeker - 110% correct!

2 Likes

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2009
whitelexi:

I used to do that, then i heard news about where my money was really going. . . So i had to revisit the issue and now, the only person who has a monthly allowance from me is my mum. Not like it achieves much for her, no, but the mere fact that she will appreciate it and pray for more blessings for u - that alone is a good incentive.

@Topic: Thats a no-no!

@TheSeeker - 110% correct!

Exactly!!! my mum anytime, she is the only one that will[b] demand[/b] allowance from me, and i give with smile[quote][/quote]
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by justwise(m): 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2009
sugabelle:

hmm'n, he wasn't a "baller" when we started dating; we were students in uni, and I stuck with him because what he lacked in giving cash, he made up for in being supportive and loving. And now that he's rolling in dough, who else is he going to blow it on but me, huh? tongue. LovePeddler-talk or not, guys are demanding in their own rights, and if the babe is relunctant bc she feels he is too stingy to deserve her most prized possession, na crime? And for the record, I'm quite comfortable in my own right, but it feels extra nice when your man chooses to be generous and not act like he thinks you're a prostitute because you expect him to spend a little.

Yes thats fine, u are reaping where u sow, i got no prob with that, BUT demanding allowance just cos u are my gf is nonsense, i will definitely give to my gf willingly without any condition attached to it. When did being my gf becomes a career?

It becomes a prob when the strenght or the weakness of a rela/ship is determind by how much the bf gives her. What happens when i'm broke? Will she move to another giver or red light?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by YankeeZulu: 2:03pm On Jul 19, 2009
Some guys just refuse to give, whether they are rich or not. This of course could make the babe bitter inside. I'm not a mugu and I'm not stingy, I try to strike a balance. She may ask me nicely, or I may use my sense to see that she's due for a new hair do, or new perf or simply some spending money. What most guys I know do, is date a girl on the same financial wave as them, ie, a successful babe who they wouldnt need to think will be a gold digger. She even helps them out when things are tight. But the girl I'm dating is a student in university and since I'm working, I try my best. But to demand? Babe, get out!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

‘See How My Sister-in-law Displays Her Big Butt On The Bed. What Does She Want?’ / My Girlfriend Wants Part Of My Allowee / The Miss Nairaland June 2013. (Campaign Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.