Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,855 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody (31764 Views)

Collapsed Building: Lekki Gardens MD Nyong Richard, 9 Others Docked / Piling Contractor In Nigeria, Pile Load Test, Integrity Test, Underpinning Works / Looking For A Building Contractor In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by mudsam(m): 7:45pm On Mar 11, 2016
Gud one bt dey should b fine to pay d victim ransom nd remained dem to 20 yrs in preson
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by FirstCounsel(m): 7:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
grin
rawtouch:
30 days in panti....

Coming soon to a cinema near you....
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by dyn1800: 7:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hmmm they'll wish one mystery Helicopter flew over their building before it collapse....
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by itzsniper(m): 7:53pm On Mar 11, 2016
help Richard arrange bail, hez well connected and I bet you guys in d next 1 wk , una nor go hear abt dz case again
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by kingmassa(m): 7:55pm On Mar 11, 2016
I was opportuned to visit the site yesterday, the information we got shows that the land was reclaimed from sea few months ago which should hv been left for years to compact but for the reason best known to the contractor and client they embarked on such massive project. I can't say much about the collapsed building because so many factors contributed to it. The differential settlement due to overloading should be the major cause. Observations from existing buildings within same area shows some structural cracks on the walls and columns. This makes the building unsafe. My advice is for us to always engage professionals because cheap is expensive.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by listica(m): 8:07pm On Mar 11, 2016
Nigeria and dia ojoro. What about TB Joshua own

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
ladyF:
People have been complaining about this same guy since, call this karma....

I love [size=15pt]Davide470[/size] kiss kiss kiss

They surely have.

I'm certain quite a few people are celebrating today in Lagos and many Nairalanders are included.
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by busomma: 8:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
The Lekki Gardens MD is Akpabio guy. Everyone close to the source knows that. How 9th earth could he make such wealth at 34 or there about even if all the money ritual babalawos are working for him alone. Akpabio is the real owner of Lekki Gardens. Sooner or later the truth will surface from the darkness. Watch out.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by kingthreat(m): 8:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
Developers and future landlords, beware. Stop mixing too much sand with cement in the name of house building. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by JuanDeDios: 8:19pm On Mar 11, 2016
SouthernGuy:
Good development.

This should serve as a deterrent to all the remaining robbers masquerading as real estate managers whose only goal is to fleece hardworking Nigerians of their hard-earned money. But seriously, I blame the Men and women that are going to pay for apartments that have been said to be built with inferior materials over and over again. One live matter let alone the over 30 lives that was lost in the unfortunate Incident. The is also a form of corruption and all well meaning Nigerians should condemn it with one voice.

But I ask, Why are they being charged in a magistrate court, why not a higher one?
It's procedural. They will be tried in a high court.
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by emerged01(m): 8:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
davide470:
Handcuffs! Really..

What Lekki Gardens did was wrong, no doubt, but handcuffs!! Common!

Bros,seeing this your comment ehn.. I feel like punching you real hard. Common! We are talking about 35 lives here

4 Likes

Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by dewale1234(m): 8:52pm On Mar 11, 2016
Funny how these so called 'achievers' go about brandishing some CV and the youths see them as role models. Little wonder someone said behind many successes is a crime. Same goes for the highly revered lawyer whom people never knew was pallying judges. Sincerely, people should celebrate themselves irrespective of ones level or status cos there really are very few achievers cum role models in the true sense of it
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by Akinjawo(m): 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
Only God knows the truth , its sad this is happening at this time , most people are subjective about what they say cos they fail to find out the truth , I pray the truth will be reveal and he will surely be exonerated cos I believe his good deeds are better than the bad , even artisans that sleeps at the sites will atest to the fact that he has really helped a lot of households , because he sells cheap does not mean he is a bad man .
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by mkoabiola: 9:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
But with wole olanipekun as his lawyer ,
He got a 1 or d best legal counsell,
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by tushbobo(m): 9:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
It is a sad story...
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by gechyy2(f): 9:35pm On Mar 11, 2016
Oh God help Richard... No body is above mistake..
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 11, 2016
gechyy2:
Oh God help Richard... No body is above mistake..

people can be soo emotional and selfish..

mistake that took 35 lives?? wish U were part of that 'mistake'

7 Likes

Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by pastormellanby: 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
na person we get involve fit talk, something bad go happen some people no go say d truth dey will be saying another I hope dis tribalistic people go experience am one day and keep quiet.
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by opedaydydx9(m): 10:02pm On Mar 11, 2016
kingmassa:
I was opportuned to visit the site yesterday, the information we got shows that the land was reclaimed from sea few months ago which should hv been left for years to compact but for the reason best known to the contractor and client they embarked on such massive project. I can't say much about the collapsed building because so many factors contributed to it. The differential settlement due to overloading should be the major cause. Observations from existing buildings within same area shows some structural cracks on the walls and columns. This makes the building unsafe. My advice is for us to always engage professionals because cheap is expensive.
over design
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by gechyy2(f): 10:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dubemnaija2 If you knew him in person you'll also be emotional, we are humans and emotional beings.. Save your wish you are not my God who forgives a repentant heart no matter the offence...

people can be soo emotional and selfish..

mistake that took 35 lives?? wish U were part of that 'mistake'[/quote]
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by poseidon12: 10:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
How come they came in handcuffs? I thought they turned themselves in to the police?
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by Dhotseal(m): 12:35am On Mar 12, 2016
davide470:
Handcuffs! Really..

What they did wasn't wrong sir, what they did was criminal.
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by delishpot: 4:52am On Mar 12, 2016
itzsniper:
god bless u my broad, wetin dey apen to Richard today na serious bad belle, I knew dz man very wel, atlst ah don chop ntin less dan 500k from dz man, i pray & i knw God wil help him out of dz mess, do you guys know how many millionaire wey dz guy don made? hez jst a young chap wit a good heart

So because him make people millionaires, the lives of the rest of Nigerians don't matter? Abacha made many people millionaires, even the devil makes people millionaires but it doesn't mean we should accept their evil doings.

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by persius555(m): 5:39am On Mar 12, 2016
davide470:
Handcuffs! Really..

I am sure you would ask that they be gagged in the mouth if you had a relative among the dead. In russia and sane countries, they are prosecuted and tried in cage. I pray they are jailed so that other fraudulent construction companies out there will learn a lesson. It is terrible to imagine how heratless we have become as humans. Endangering the lives of others just so we can satisfy our sense of greed. As we speak, many construction companies still employ the services of unqualified building contractors. Its high time we respecting the life of a fellow human in this country.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 12, 2016
Feel so sad !!! Nigerian artistes dont research brands before they align with them!!!
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by gbishman: 11:06am On Mar 12, 2016
Cutting corners will always land I in trouble.
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by gflower1000(m): 2:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
Let justice be served. ..if convicted then so be it. Even a single soul is irreplaceable. ..
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by jeftalene(m): 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by jeftalene(m): 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
If building projects are considered more as products than just services with contractors made to issue warrantees for stability, durability and efficiency up to 40 years, building collapse would become a thing of the past....Engr. Osaz' Enobakhare (Heavens Contractors Ltd).

I recently turned down an offer to carry out a structural design and construction of a multistorey shopping complex in Lekki because the project consultant insisted that I carry out the structural design without first conducting a soil test.

I probably turned down millions to save more millions!
You can read my articles every week on Castles Weekly Lifestyle Magazine.

For Further discussions, Whatsapp me: 08167394799
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by ekefre4(m): 11:09am On Mar 13, 2016
Tvegas:

TB Joshua's case is different from Richard's case in many ways and getting a good lawyer may not be sufficient. Don't be surprised that wole olaonipekun is playing both sides, everybody befriends the government. The best he may do is negotiate a soft landing for Richard. I don't know a lot about joshua's case but the little I know will suffice.

1. TB Joshua's prosecution started under an outgoing fashola while the current case is being prosecuted under a zealous ambode who is trying to impress lagosians .

2. TB Joshua didn't break government seal to resume work on his site but Richard did and that in itself is criminal. It's a clear case of involuntary manslaughter.

3.Why did the Lagos state government rush to give preliminary findings without waiting for full investigation? Is Akpabio behind LG has touted in many circles? If yes this may be an opportunity for an APC government led by ambode to attack his funding. If the APC have any axe to grind with akpabio this will be tough for Richard. If you doubt me check Dasuki vs Buhari.

4. Instead for Lekki Gardens to lay low, They were wrongfully advised to issue a false press release that was debunked by artisans who survived that collapse. Some of those artisans havent even been paid their wages for weeks . By doing that they destroyed any sympathy well meaning lagosians should have for them. Those facts will probably come up in court.Trust me public sympathy also matter in the dispense of justice.

I can go on and on but it won't bring back the dead. RIP to the dead,may every party involved learn a thing or two.
how is akpabio involved in dis?
Re: Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody by Zinnyanon: 12:33am On Mar 14, 2016
MAKING A CASE FOR LEKKI GARDENS

They say we are the leaders of tomorrow ...
Tomorrow is here and yet our father's still lead.

Efforts of youth to make a difference in our beloved country is never lauded but easily suppressed

I learnt the collapsed building was already marked by the company as defective since January an d previous contractor dismissed because of compromised standard.

I hear the company's policy is that labourers leave site at 6pm.
From my learning, they were labourers and shanty dwellers seeking solace from the heavy downpour in the incomplete building that fateful day.
We cannot now accuse them of illegal habitation on a non-certified building.
May God rest their souls.

Had the government cared enough for us and built a place for the homeless as in developed world's, they would have been safe.
LIFE HAPPENS TO US ALL
Every company has their not so proud time.
Just like Dana and the crash(didn't see their MDs cuffed)
I know excellence when i see one, he wouldn't allow the building continue despite the money they had spent..
I hear you cry out for his head, competitors, envious old men and youths alike because he beat you to the game.

Made the impact you all wouldnt make and afraid to make even if you had the chance.
I see an ICON for the youths.
If all our youth will have this zeal to make a positive impact, we can reclaim today, our future
The state should free Richard and instead lend support to youths with good initiative so that mistakes such as this can be averted in future.
While we are here pulling down ourselves, the whole world leaves us behind.
Start the movement of change, find your calling and impact your world.
I think Richand already did, Hes a sign that our generation can still stand up .
IN THE BEST OPINION-LEKKI GARDENS IS THE NOW AND FUTURE COMPANY.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 / Importance Of Proper Earthing And Bonding System In Electrical Installation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.