Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,531 members, 7,801,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? (22396 Views)

Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US / Was I Wrong Because I Said 'ok'? / Delay In Clearing My Cars At Lagos Port...am I Being Scammed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by Girltee1(f): 9:36pm On Mar 11, 2016
Please I'm really sorry this post is going to be a bit long.

I went to a supermarket today to get stuff. I bought stuff worth #1040 and paid using POS. My phone was off as at the time of payment.

When I got home and charged my phone, I immediately saw alerts..
One showing a debit alert of #20,000 and another showing a debit alert of #1,040. Both transactions were done using POS..
I was shocked because I never bought anything worth #20,000...
And the #20,000 credit alert showed that the POS was used in Ikeja, Lagos...but the supermarket I bought things at is in Ibadan.

My question now is, can I get my #20,000 back or have I been permanently scammed?embarassed
Or has this ever happened to anybody??

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by Tocheagle(m): 9:43pm On Mar 11, 2016
Someone is spiritually using ur atm on a POS : Point Of Scam Terminal . U need to be prayerful

64 Likes

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by iykepromotions: 9:57pm On Mar 11, 2016
try calling the number at the back of your card immediately and be more careful with your card

6 Likes

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by tonio2wo: 10:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
grin

45 Likes

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by Girltee1(f): 10:12pm On Mar 11, 2016
iykepromotions:
try calling the number at the back of your card immediately and be more careful with your card
Thanks a lot..but i was never careless with the ATM card..
Do you think the guy made a mistake?
Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by Dongreat(m): 10:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
When did Seun or Moderators became FBI, or the bank officials. Instead of you to make a call to the bank head office or branch you went to your phone, switched on the data, open your browser, typed nairaland.com, and created a topic. With all the time you used in doing this is enough for you to make the call and block you card. Nor worry, before you finish reading this another 20k will be withdrawn. FIN

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by englishmart(m): 10:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
whether or not you were scammed, that's you business

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by Ayo001: 10:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by Young03(m): 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
oh sister,

go check ur account balance first

1 Like

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by omolola15(m): 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
Na him be sey devil dey use long spoon dey follow you chop. From Lagos to ibadan.

Call your bank. That might be a mistake.

8 Likes

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by habefeh(m): 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
Maybe

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by EmekaIhediwa(m): 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
SpaceBooker
Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by Evathyst(f): 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
Odikwa very serious! sad shocked

Although, I'm not alien to technological errors. But this your own case is a bit unusual. #20,000 on a transaction that allegedly took place in Ikeja whereas you're in Ibadan. Eehh eehh? undecided undecided

I hope it's not GTB? Na them they use style style kpansh somebody money like that. Although it has happened to Dad before, but his own case was even ridiculous. Here's someone who has never activated his ATM before talkless of using it.

My advice for you is that you quickly call your Bank's customer service to block your card first. After which you should storm their branch on Monday with better craze. When I mean better craze, I meant that kind of craze that you would nak.ed yourself and fight everyone in the bank (Both customers & Bankers). Only then will you see your money. But if you act gentle with them, na sorry go be your name.

#MyOneKoboAdvice#

46 Likes

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by san316(m): 10:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
Oh boy!!

I'd rather be duped than be scammed.

#KillSuicide

@topic

Op yo don't have a problem

Resume with the bank on Monday morning.
Request to see your account officer if it is your branch

Log your complaint

Stay on them like a tick on a goat

They will surely give you an explanation.

Regards

1 Like

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by Strahovski1(m): 10:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
If you don't mind can I see a screenshot of the debit alert? I have my reasons.

It may be an online POS transaction
Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by bignero: 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ive had this same issue with GTbank............infact several pos deduction i dont know anything about

i reported the first one they said they will look into it...before i knew it, twice it happened again...when even the first one was yet to be reverted

the worst part is i noticed when i casually checked my transactions on line, it was when i saw this( imagine the millions of people that dont check their transactions on line) also ive applied severally times for sms notification all to no avail, i wont be surprised if they have insiders working with them

@op take your case to the appropriate authorities..ie the bank head, if they are sluggish look for the nearest efcc office and lodge the complaint..

what bank is it?

2 Likes

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by bedspread: 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
Summary pls!!
Anyways if you have being scammed, U don't need a prophet to tell u

1 Like

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by Zico5(m): 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
englishmart:
whether or not you were scammed, that's you business
Why re u so insensitive like this.

25 Likes

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
So Some nairlander will now pay you back the money, nice strategy
Waiting to see your next thread of "generous nairalanders donates back 20k lost using pop"

4 Likes

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by cycline404(m): 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
This one is really gidigan.
Hard to explain

Go to your bank get your statement, use that to file a report, the POS will have a serial which your bank can work with to get the exact location, then the Store camera can be used to check the person who use the POS at the exact time of the transaction.

9 Likes

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by toyeoye(m): 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
I really hope these scammers have not found a way of hacking pos machines. you have to follow up
Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by misreal(m): 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
Girltee1:

I went to a supermarket today to get stuff. I bought stuff worth #1040 and paid using POS. My phone was off as at the time of payment.

One showing a debit alert of #20,000 and another showing a debit alert of #1,040. Both transactions were done using POS..
And the #20,000 credit alert showed that the POS was used in Ikeja, Lagos...but the supermarket I bought things at is in Ibadan.

My question now is, can I get my #20,000 back or have I been permanently scammed?embarassed

maybe u should report the matter to your bank.

1 Like

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by kennyman2000(m): 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hmmmm... I hope the dude who's incharge of the pos hasnt compromised the pos, getting customers details with the pos and sending to his accomplice. Wish u all the best in ur fund recovery.

10 Likes

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by canalily(m): 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
Yes you haveangry by Buhari, APC and JAMB

1 Like

Most likely your card has been cloned.
This kind of crime has been around for years in some other countries. Maybe it's just getting to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by ademoladeji(m): 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2016

I don't think any1 scammed you.

Firstly, check your account balance.

Secondly, call the help line @ the back of your debit card to lodge your complain.

Thirdly, if the above were unsuccessful, accept the #20,000 as an act of God.

1 Like

I know,you are telling a lie sha.
Dem go zap ur 20k 4 this kain time and u go dey come nairaland.
Omo gboju nibe,ur zobo no thick jare.

4 Likes

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by Flashh: 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
You are here asking if you have been scammed?

Don't go and rectify the problem yourself.

9 Likes

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by Rexnegro(m): 10:27pm On Mar 11, 2016
Girltee1:

sure u will get Your money back..wait 24hrs if not revert then go to the supermarket ask of the manager and complain to him, ask them from what bank did they get their pos from..then go to the bank if not given a solution from the supermarket....keep all evident intact for proper backing. #Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by CertifiedFreak(m): 10:27pm On Mar 11, 2016
Forgive and move on. The amount of time you'd spend in pursuit of the lost money would be used to make more than that amount.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by Icaretoo: 10:27pm On Mar 11, 2016
Guy u said credit or debit alert?check check..

It also could be an error on the part of ur bank

And the #20,000 credit alert showed that the POS was used in Ikeja, Lagos...but the supermarket I bought things at is in Ibadan.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? by tuzle(m): 10:27pm On Mar 11, 2016
see gobe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Danbatta: Why Bankers Won’t Disclose Fraudsters / 1960BET: Company Run By SCAMMERS / Naira: LASU Employee Trying To Withdraw Cash Dies In Bank Queue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.