Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? (4150 Views)

Do They Sell Advent Calendars In Nigeria? / They Sell Expired Products To The Public Unrepentantly---beware! / Who Loves Chinese Food? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by Diva1(f): 6:28am On Jul 19, 2009
Been looking for it everywhere in the US, but no luck. Does anyone remember these and know if they sell it in the US?

Re: Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 19, 2009
ewww those are pears? They look like dinosaur eggs
Re: Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by Diva1(f): 7:25am On Jul 19, 2009
FL Gators:

ewww those are pears? They look like dinosaur eggs

Oh yes they are. Forget their looks, the taste is delicious. I think they are also called pear avocado. They are very sweet. Love them. If you taste them, if you haven't, you would like it. I wonder if they have it anywhere in the US. Can't seem to find them here.
Re: Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by ifyalways(f): 12:34pm On Jul 19, 2009
See Ube o cheesy
The taste is diffrent from avo. U just leave it in your mouth/chin and it melts there.lol
Diva,dont think u wud get it at the Us stores Unless someone just comes back from 9ja with it.Roast/boil it and eat with boiled or roasted corn. . .heaven kiss
Re: Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by chiogo(f): 6:57pm On Jul 19, 2009
LOL @ Gators

Yes, I love those pears(ube). Never seen 'em here in the States. What they call 'pear' over here looks like Nigerian guava but the Nigerian one is sweeter. tongue
Re: Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by Shentz(f): 7:07pm On Jul 19, 2009
ugh. I know this aint helpful but i know its sold in the UK. My mum buys them. Uugh
Re: Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by sugabelle: 1:12am On Jul 20, 2009
Which one be Ugh uugh, this is a rich delicacy enjoyed by many Naija tribes, home and abroad. Either cooked for some minutes in hot water or roasted, it's nice with boiled/roasted corn, or on its own. The taste is lightly flavored, plain but nice.
Re: Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by Diva1(f): 2:16am On Jul 20, 2009
ifyalways:

See Ube o cheesy
The taste is diffrent from avo. U just leave it in your mouth/chin and it melts there.lol
Diva,dont think u wud get it at the Us stores Unless someone just comes back from 9ja with it.Roast/boil it and eat with boiled or roasted corn. . .heaven kiss

Ify, u got it. Eat it especially with roasted corn, smiley too bad, it's difficult to find here in the US sad

chiogo:

LOL @ Gators

Yes, I love those pears(ube). Never seen 'em here in the States. What they call 'pear' over here looks like Nigerian guava but the Nigerian one is sweeter. tongue

I'm sure they should have it somewhere in the whole of America, somewhere.

*Shentz*:

ugh. I know this aint helpful but i know its sold in the UK. My mum buys them. Uugh

in the UK? help me find more info please smiley Maybe when I come over there or ask someone to ship/bring it over here.
Re: Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by Nobody: 2:27am On Jul 20, 2009
Diva1:

Oh yes they are. Forget their looks, the taste is delicious. I think they are also called pear avocado. They are very sweet. Love them. If you taste them, if you haven't, you would like it. I wonder if they have it anywhere in the US. Can't seem to find them here.
really, never seen a pear like that in my life. You sure you don't mean eggplant?

Na this kain pear I know o
Re: Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by Hauwa1: 7:44pm On Jul 20, 2009
ooooh

i love UBE!!! am soo hungy of it o. my mom used to serve us ube and fresh boiled corn. the catalystic taste is one road to heaven. eaten with sweet corn on the cob is kiss blessed heaven.
Re: Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by Hauwa1: 7:47pm On Jul 20, 2009
as a kid, i like uncooked ones too. the sour taste is just too tempting to ingnor.

fl gator, you this uncatalyzed nig grin
Re: Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by Fhemmmy: 11:21pm On Jul 20, 2009
Check some of the african stores, you will be surprised
Re: Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by Diva1(f): 11:54pm On Jul 20, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Check some of the african stores, you will be surprised

A friend of mine actually told me yesterday they sell it somwhere in NY but doesnt want to tell me, playing games lol. He said he would show me, until then though

@FL Gators

Yeah that's a different type of pear. If u lived in Nigeria before, u would know these with roasted/boiled corn. Very tasty.
Re: Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 21, 2009
That pear goes with grilled/roast or boiled corn.
Aswerigad, it is the business.

Not too soggy, not too hard then add some salt, . . . . . . .lawacha!
Re: Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by Nobody: 5:20am On Jul 21, 2009
nna see ube o!  shocked Anyone know where to get them?

OMO IBO:

That pear goes with grilled/roast or boiled corn.
Aswerigad, it is the business.

Not too soggy, not too hard then add some salt,  . . . . . .  .lawacha!

my brother . . . infact you sabi good thing! Especially when the fat long ones are smoked with the corn . . . chei!
Re: Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by Diva1(f): 5:25am On Jul 21, 2009
Hopefully I find them here.
Re: Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? by mamagee3(f): 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2009
I do

(1) (Reply)

Can You Eat This Cake? Honest Answers Only. / JOS FARM!! Strawberries, Brocolli, Cauliflower, Purple Cabbage / How To Prepare Banga Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.