Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua (4823 Views)

Constitution Doesn’t Recognise Mace As Symbol Of Authority —falana / Nigeria Doesn’t Need Snc – Rep / Yar’adua: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Mugabe’s Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by blacksta(m): 8:27am On Jul 19, 2009
President Umaru Yar’Adua has assured Serbian President Boris Tadic that Nigeria will not recognise Kosovo as an independent nation.
Yar’Adua made the position of the country known at a bilateral talks between the Nigerian president and his Serbian counterpart at the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) Summit in Sharm El Sheikh.
Kosovo, with about two million people of mostly Albanian ethnic group, proclaimed independence from Serbia in February 2008, in defiance of Serbia and Russia.
Yar’Adua said the decision not to recognise Kosovo was informed by Nigeria’s historical experience of the civil war of 1967 to 1970, fought to maintain its territorial integrity and sovereignty.
“Since the end of the civil war, Nigeria has continued to embark on nation-building policies and strategies to forge a heterogeneous, yet inclusive nation,” he said.
He expressed Nigeria’s desire to deepen and consolidate the existing bilateral ties with Serbia.
Yar’Adua further noted that under the old Yugoslavia, there existed strong ties of collaboration, which was to the benefit of the two countries.
He promised to revisit the closure of the Nigerian mission in Belgrade, saying Nigerian presence in Belgrade would facilitate the expansion and consolidation of economic and scientific cooperation between the two countries.
The Serbian president had earlier appealed to Yar’Adua to re-open the Nigerian Mission in Belgrade, pointing out that such move would help to deepen and consolidate ties between the two nations.
He enjoined Nigeria not to recognise Kosovo’s declaration of independence from Serbia, saying the country had referred the matter for adjudication at theinternational court.

He also urged Nigeria and other well-meaning members of the international court to await the judgment of the court, which he disclosed would be delivered 2010.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=149141
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by Thor(m): 8:32am On Jul 19, 2009
When most of the world unofficially do not care to recognise Nigeria as being a serious country, I do not really understand why Nigeria not recognising Kosovo / Serbia would be an issue?

One totally failed state not recognising another surely is not news worthy?
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by Jakumo(m): 8:35am On Jul 19, 2009
The Walking Dead Maximum Leader would probably make more sense if he peered down into the toilet bowl and issue a few progonstications on which floater was the most hydrodynamic in shape.

Shut the phuck up already, you revolting skeleton. Nobody cares in the slightest what noise emanates from your foul orifices.
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by asha2: 8:40am On Jul 19, 2009
Nigeria does not recognise kosovo?Does yaradua knows what he is implying here?He can as well say he does not recognise croatia!

“Since the end of the civil war, Nigeria has continued to embark on nation-building policies and strategies to forge a heterogeneous, yet inclusive nation,” he said.
He expressed Nigeria’s desire to deepen and consolidate the existing bilateral ties with Serbia.

Truly this man is brain dead.I am now beginning to believe that reasons why it was predicted that nigeria will disintergrate in the next 15( now ten)years.
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by Thor(m): 8:46am On Jul 19, 2009
@Asha

Nigeria is all but disintergrated in everything but name undecided
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by amarilo: 8:49am On Jul 19, 2009
Who is Nigeria to recognise a country? Do Nigeria Recognise Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by asha2: 8:52am On Jul 19, 2009
amarilo:

Who is Nigeria to recognise a country? Do Nigeria Recognise Nigeria?
grin
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by samparian(m): 10:49am On Jul 19, 2009
Yar'adull made that statement because of the recent deals he signed with russia. he wants to remain in the good books of Russia.
UMumu Yar'adull, wey Nigerians no even recognise again
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by Thor(m): 10:53am On Jul 19, 2009
Who cares what Nigeria thinks or does?

As I said, one failed and corrupt state recognising another failed and corrupt state is of no interest to real countries undecided
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by mystikal(m): 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2009
Tell him I do not recognise him as the Nigerian leader
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by Becomrich: 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2009
Real it is not that russia is against kosovo. russia is not against kosovo. it was wrong timing. with event happening in russia.

Here is were the truth is the nation around kosovo. all recognise kosovo. It is only china that is really given Kosovo some problem.

But 62 nation do.

No. Country Date
United Kingdom February 18, 2008
France February 18, 2008
3 United States February 18, 2008
4 Turkey February 18, 2008
5 Albania February 18, 2008
6 Afghanistan February 18, 2008
7 Costa Rica February 18, 2008
8 Australia February 19, 2008
9 Senegal February 19, 2008
10 Latvia February 20, 2008
11 Germany February 20, 2008
12 Estonia February 21, 2008
13 Italy February 21, 2008
14 Denmark February 21, 2008
15 Luxembourg February 21, 2008
16 Peru February 22, 2008
17 Belgium February 24, 2008
18 Poland February 26, 2008
19 Switzerland February 27, 2008
20 Austria February 28, 2008
21 Ireland February 29, 2008
22 Sweden March 4, 2008
23 Netherlands March 4, 2008
24 Iceland March 5, 2008
25 Slovenia March 5, 2008
26 Finland March 7, 2008
27 Japan March 18, 2008
28 Canada March 18, 2008
29 Monaco March 19, 2008
30 Hungary March 19, 2008
31 Croatia March 19, 2008
32 Bulgaria March 20, 2008
33 Liechtenstein March 25, 2008
34 South Korea March 28, 2008
35 Norway March 28, 2008
36 Republic of the Marshall Islands April 17, 2008
37 Republic of Nauru April 23, 2008
38 Burkina Faso April 24, 2008
39 Lithuania May 6, 2008
40 San Marino May 11, 2008
41 Czech Republic May 21, 2008
42 Liberia May 30, 2008
43 Sierra Leone June 13, 2008
44 Colombia August 6, 2008
45 Belize August 7, 2008
Malta August 21, 2008
Samoa September 15, 2008
Portugal October 7, 2008
Montenegro October 9, 2008
Macedonia October 9, 2008
United Arab Emirates October 14, 2008
52 Malaysia October 14, 2008
Micronesia December 05, 2008
Panama January 16, 2009
Republic of Maldives February 19, 2009
Republic of Palau March 9, 2009
Republic of Gambia April 9, 2009
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia April 20, 2009
Union of the Comoros May 19, 2009
The Kingdom of Bahrain May 19, 2009
Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan July 8, 2009
Dominican Republic July 11, 2009
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by Becomrich: 6:32pm On Jul 19, 2009
Should nigeria  recognise Kosovo. I think nigeria should because of this is what the people of kosovo want. they have shown prove of their desire.  Yes  recognise Kosovo. Yar adua reason may be because of opposition to the west. And i think Yar adua have bad advisers. I have alway said so. Look when Yar adua came to power. Using northern sense, he pack all his brother into govt. who were alway against the west. Yar adua should change the name of NDDC to oil producing commission
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by congoshine(m): 7:38pm On Jul 19, 2009
I completely agree with the 'righteous ' anger we all have to this rather obscure statement. This just reconfirms we really don't have a clear directions/stratgy as a country. cry cry

It reminds me of the Abacha era,when he was seriously courting North Korea,Libya & Iran shocked shocked shocked.

Whether Nigeria recognises Kosovo or not is completely immaterial,so the sane thing would have been to KEEP QUIET !

Even Serbia(who's president Yar'Adull was trying to impress) will have to recognise Kosovo due to their intention to join the EU. cheesy

Moreover ,this may be an impeachable statement,I doubt if he has the authority to make siuch declarations w/out legislative consultations. . . . . angry
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by FBS: 11:57am On Jul 20, 2009
Pathetic.
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by Meldrick(m): 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2009
This Yar'adua of a man, I hope you will not put this country in trouble and run. He is busy spitting foolish policies and making crazy statements without using his brain. He has forgotten how to be diplomatic especially when it involves International politics. What kind of Chemistry teacher did Obasanjo hand over to us as President?
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by dfanthom(m): 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2009
did he make this committment viz-a-viz Nigeria's foreign policy, if we have one? na wa o!!
this guy will take himself down the precipice cry
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by Nezan(m): 12:45pm On Jul 20, 2009
Nuthin he says does really matter. What is Nigeria's position in the comity of Nations?
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by Kx: 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2009
Playing international when u cant even play local?

Somebody pls tell him.
In international relations,u dont have permanent friend,just permanent interest.
No world leader even as badly perceived as Iran's ruler will go about
taking sides in issues like dis.

Every leader plays neat and safe,not in naija.
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by desthan(m): 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2009
Jakumo:

The Walking Dead Maximum Leader would probably make more sense if he peered down into the toilet bowl and issue a few progonstications on which floater was the most hydrodynamic in shape.

Shut the phuck up already, you revolting skeleton.  Nobody cares in the slightest what noise emanates from your foul orifices.

hahahahahahaha, don't mind that moving corpse, he wants cheap recognition grin
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by Spicyboy01: 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2009
They made big mistake, Nigeria does not recognice Kosovo, funnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyy

kosovo dont even need Nigeria to recognice them,

very soon u will see Nigerians applying for Visa to kosovo.

where on earth u wont see a Nigerian.

Nigerian rulers lack the knowledge tht is abundant in Kosovo.

very soon they will invite them to come and invest , very soon our rulers will start packing oil money there, and before u knw it , it will even be better than Niger.

Our rulers are foooooooollllllllllllls

ANIMAL IN HUMAN SKIN, ABEG MAKE I ENJOY MY FELA JARE,
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by guysmat(m): 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2009
We've just succeeded in creating problems for Nigerians (i.e. our Ibo brothers) trying to create a living in that region.
, there will be blood.
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by philip0906(m): 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2009
somebody has 2 call that walking corpse 2 order.Wetin concern am with kosovo?so b'cos others dey talk hin self wan put mouth join.Yara'fool. shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by hackney(m): 4:28pm On Jul 20, 2009
Ya'adua  does not recognise kosovo. . . . .  erm. . . .  ok
ya'arua has eczema on his back neck , a billionaire. hey!!
(unless it's stress-induced)
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by sirt1(m): 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2009
For a statement like this coming out of the mouth of a nation president, I think ya'ardua should go for extra lesson on international relations. I suggest he should go to OAU for proper mentor afterall, his Oga went for Theology studies in order to become pastor at the end of his tenure. So, Mr President should take a cue from this.
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by Morizo(m): 6:06pm On Jul 20, 2009
That statement is a diplomatic blunder! Major players/Actors in the Int'l community measure their utterances due to the kaleidoscopic nature of global politics. I totally disagree with Mr. President. He should be careful next time when raining diplomatic curses on this country. Shouldn't his advisers tell him that his actions could cause cold relations between us and Pro kosovo sympathizers? Shame on them, beginning with Ojo Madueke
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by drharry: 6:11pm On Jul 20, 2009
Hmm, It speaks of diplomatic illiteracy for the President to utter such a statement just to score some political points for a country i cant even locate on the world map. Naija angry angry
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by fayahsoul: 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2009
That mugu never die?
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by oge4real(f): 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2009
oh God no! not again, what a shame!
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by calyx: 7:47pm On Jul 20, 2009
President Umaru Yar’Adua has assured Serbian President Boris Tadic that Nigeria will not recognise Kosovo as an independent nation.

Did you say president Yar Adua? Oh yes Yar Adua. which other president wld be this internationally literate? or illiterate?
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 20, 2009
Do Kosovans even know that Yar Adua exists? grin
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by blacksta(m): 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2009
davidylan:

Do Kosovans even know that Yar Adua exists?  grin

lol

i doubt it-  U wonder who advises this clown called Yar adua -  The EU is strong backer of the Country of Kosovo and nothing is going change that as long as the EU remain a strong force  - The only people shouting about the status of the country of kosovo are the Non EU members Russia and its sympathizers
Re: Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua by TheSeeker(m): 8:38pm On Jul 20, 2009
We have a walking corpse for a president, so we'd be ready for senile and outdated decisions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

93,526 Multiple Registrations Uncovered In Anambra / Ekiti Gov Elect Ayo Fayose A Muslim? / Obj Set To Return $200m To Nigeria? Vows To Expose Other Corrupt Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.