Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

An Escrow Like System - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / An Escrow Like System (2246 Views)

Closed - Out of date / How To Build Paystack Like System / I Want To Start An Escrow Company, What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Escrow Like System by Birniwa(m): 4:24am On Mar 12, 2016
Hi everyone, I just founded a startup (Web presence and mobile app yet to be built) that involves the transaction of money between two parties. To be able to build a system both parties can trust, I need to integrate a system like Escrow that receives and holds money for a certain period of time.

However integrating Escrow costs a lot (I heard they charge 3.25% for non USA residents which is too high). Now I want some advice if there's an alternative system I can use or just any other way my clients can trust me with their money until transaction is completed.

Thank you.
Re: An Escrow Like System by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 12, 2016
Birniwa:
Hi everyone, I just founded a startup (Web presence and mobile app yet to be built) that involves the transaction of money between two parties. To be able to build a system both parties can trust, I need to integrate a system like Escrow that receives and holds money for a certain period of time.

However integrating Escrow costs a lot (I heard they charge 3.25% for non USA residents which is too high. Now I want advice if there's an alternative system I can use our just any other way my clients can trust me with their money until transaction is completed.

Thank you.

Frankly, we are in the same shoes as it seems that with my programming skills I know less about the Escrow integration, It can be built from scratch but you'd need more of an accountant and a lawyer than a programmer. Better still you can ask your programmer to use PayPals API, they accept such payment only that they won't move the money around but schedule a payment for the agreed date, so PayPal will release or return the cash depending on the outcome of the deal.

They are a lot of risks involved in running an Escrow like system, The best way customers can trust you is if you have necessary certificates like SSL and others..without those certain certificates , it is even illegal to run an Escrow system on your website. So I guess you even see why Escrow.com is expensive.

(1) (Reply)

Wire Wire: A West African Cyber Threat - DELL / How To Setup 911 S5 Residential Proxy VPN On Phone / Get 4GB For 1k On MTN. Valid For One Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.