Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,097 members, 7,807,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 (21666 Views)

Two Nigerian Sisters Who Are Pilots (Photos) / What Are The Necessary Steps I Can Take To Be A Commercial Pilot? / How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 6:08am On Mar 12, 2016
We’re biased, but we really do love flying! That’s why we’re inviting YOU, one of the fearless few to join the industry. Here are a few reasons why you should become a commercial pilot:

AN ELITE CLUB: Be part of a select few who can operate aircraft worth millions of dollars and be responsible for the safety and well-being of hundreds of people.

PRESTIGIOUS: People look up to and respect airline pilots; it’s a career you and your family can be proud of.

GREAT PAY: Commercial pilot, especially captains earn above-average salaries and receive many fringe benefits.

HUGE DEMAND: The world needs half a million new pilots in the next two decades. Analysts believe that airlines, cargo and charter companies will continue to need thousands of pilots in the next 10 years. Retirements and new aircraft orders are fueling demand. Are you going to be one of them?

TRAVEL PERKS: How would you like to begin the day in one country and end it in another? You get paid to travel and a great seat up-front is always reserved for you! Again, Free travel for employees and their immediate families

ADRENALIN RUSH: Flying is an exhilarating experience, especially with you at the helm! It requires you to be at your best, every single flight.

NEVER BORING: There’s always something to do even in the most routine flight. “Stay ahead of the plane” is something your instructors will instill during training. Beats a desk job, right?

OPPORTUNITY FOR ADVANCEMENT: The more you fly, the more you qualify. Lots of room for improvement and promotions when you reach certain milestones.

SUPER CHALLENGING: This field is for people like you who crave challenges. There will be obstacles, set-backs, and failures. But it doesn’t matter because you LOVE it!

BECAUSE IT’S YOUR DREAM: Stop day dreaming and get to it!

see #11 here:http://www.ansacareers.com/become-commercial-pilot/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by kenneyyice(m): 11:13am On Mar 30, 2016
Good day sir, pls if you don't mind, can you kindly list the procedures of becoming a pilot. the schools which one can attend , their fees, location and other important information.......
thanks!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 11:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
kenneyyice:
Good day sir, pls if you don't mind, can you kindly list the procedures of becoming a pilot. the schools which one can attend , their fees, location and other important information.......
thanks!

The best school so far is CAE but very expensive. I recommend you go for PEA. my main reason is that; the employ their student pilots immediately after training as flight instructors. this is crucial as it will help u to build the necessary flying hours to land a flying job as a pilot. NB: while building additional hours as an instructor u also get paid at the same time. 99% of flying school pass out students after obtaining 250 hours meanwhile u need up to 500 hours to land a flying job and 1500 hours for major airlines. how then can u get the additional hours to enable you apply for jobs as a pilot? PEA answers this questions.

to answer other of ur questions u need to send me your email so I can send you a complete guide to becoming a commercial pilot. its eBook and completely free of charge.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by kenneyyice(m): 12:17am On Apr 01, 2016
petengine:

The best school so far is CAE but very expensive. I recommend you go for PEA. my main reason is that; the employ their student pilots immediately after training as flight instructors. this is crucial as it will help u to build the necessary flying hours to land a flying job as a pilot. NB: while building additional hours as an instructor u also get paid at the same time. 99% of flying school pass out students after obtaining 250 hours meanwhile u need up to 500 hours to land a flying job and 1500 hours for major airlines. how then can u get the additional hours to enable you apply for jobs as a pilot? PEA answers this questions.

to answer other of ur questions u need to send me your email so I can send you a complete guide to becoming a commercial pilot. its eBook and completely free of charge.

thanks a million
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by naruto02(m): 3:29am On Apr 01, 2016
I'll be starting my training nect month in south africa. After i get my cpl ill go to pea for instructor course

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Cheekah212(m): 12:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
petengine:

Pls Sir also send me a copy. Nonso.abiagom@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 12:13am On Apr 03, 2016
naruto02:
I'll be starting my training nect month in south africa. After i get my cpl ill go to pea for instructor course
nice one. where do u intend to do your type rating? if u ever hope to fly in Nigeria make such u type rate with Boeing not Airbus as Nigerian air carriers are mostly Boeing. and very importantly I'll advice you research the airline you'd like to work for to know the types of fleet they have. this will aid u on deciding which aircraft to type rate with.. other oversea airlines will mostly require you to type rate with Airbus A320

Good Luck and welcome to the sky...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 12:15am On Apr 03, 2016
kenneyyice:
kenneyyice@gmail.com thanks a million
you'll get it send to your email on Monday
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 12:38am On Apr 03, 2016
Are you confused about which flight school to attend? if you want to be a professional pilot, it is most important to not only learn how to fly, but also be instructed on a FAA approved and accredited professional program.

I recommend you select a school from only those that are accredited (very important and I'll explain this later)

Accredited school must be financially very sound.

Accredited school also have to have a refund policy.

Next, Contact the schools and talk to the admission people. listen to what they have to say and the manner on which they try to present their school to you should give you an overall impression of the school. Are they giving you information or simply trying to push u to commit to their school? are they telling you how good they are and why, or are they only critizing their competition to make themselves look better?

Ask about the programs and try to get some specific information such as: does the school hire its graduates as flight instructors so that they cab build flight time and experience toward an airline job? Ask if they really hire all of their graduates as instructors. if they don't and you are not hired, you will finish your training far short of the hours required to apply at an airline and you have nowhere to go to get that experience. you might as well save your time and money

Ask how many flight hours an instructor gets in a month. if you just ask how many "hours," they will probably include simulator and ground instruction hours. airlines look for actual "flight hours."

before you make any decision make such u visit the school and request a tour. when you tour the school tell your guide you want to walk around on your own (with no school staff member looking over your shoulder) and speak with students and instructors. they have no vested interest in whether or not u come to that school.

to be continued....

4 Likes

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 12:52am On Apr 03, 2016
cont...

Also ask if people are regularly leaving the school with legitimate, paying airline jobs or are they just sent off on blind interviews. obviously ask about the quality of education and whether or not they would choose the same school over again. No one else will be able to answer these questions as well and as honestly as these people (students pilots and instructors). hopefully they will con firm what the staff has already told you. if they tell you something different or hesitate to answer your questions, u might strongly consider looking somewhere else.

Don't forget to look at the airplanes available. they don't have to be brand new but they should be clean (inside and outside). they should also be well equipped with the latest electronics and communications gear.

I hope this has reduced your confusion factor to some degree. it is very difficult to make an informed, intelligent decision without experiencing the school for a day or so.

I wish you the best in your search for the right school and in your career as a professional pilot.

Next time I'll share with you guys why most Nigerian pilots are unemployed and how not to be among them... till then

Roger Out!

3 Likes

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by naruto02(m): 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
petengine:

nice one. where do u intend to do your type rating? if u ever hope to fly in Nigeria make such u type rate with Boeing not Airbus as Nigerian air carriers are mostly Boeing. and very importantly I'll advice you research the airline you'd like to work for to know the types of fleet they have. this will aid u on deciding which aircraft to type rate with.. other oversea airlines will mostly require you to type rate with Airbus A320

Good Luck and welcome to the sky...
I'm hoping to join Emirates but it depends how things go in future. I was going to keep tabs on emirate sending them email time to time to inform them on my progress and decision taking since I'm coming to look for a job with them so if they agree to give me tips and advice I'm sure everything will go smoothly. After the instructor course at PEA am expecting to get a job as a paid flight instructor but I'm not sure that'll happen because I didnt do ab-initio to cpl with them but I can get a job as a non paid flight instructor to gain flight hours. After that I want to do the ATPL and jet type rating I don't know which one comes first. Pls are u a pilot now? I need tips
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 9:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
naruto02:

I'm hoping to join Emirates but it depends how things go in future. I was going to keep tabs on emirate sending them email time to time to inform them on my progress and decision taking since I'm coming to look for a job with them so if they agree to give me tips and advice I'm sure everything will go smoothly. After the instructor course at PEA am expecting to get a job as a paid flight instructor but I'm not sure that'll happen because I didnt do ab-initio to cpl with them but I can get a job as a non paid flight instructor to gain flight hours. After that I want to do the ATPL and jet type rating I don't know which one comes first. Pls are u a pilot now? I need tips
You'll need a minimum of 1,500 flight hours before u can enrol for ATPL in a good school. Type rating comes first to enable you land an airline job. its very competitive getting a flying job with the majors like Emirates. The school you trained and flying hours (experience) determine your employability with the majors. what many pilots do and what I'll advice you is don't solely depend on the majors after your training, also apply to regional airlines and start building your hours before aiming at the majors.

Good luck
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by naruto02(m): 11:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
petengine:

You'll need a minimum of 1,500 flight hours before u can enrol for ATPL in a good school. Type rating comes first to enable you land an airline job. its very competitive getting a flying job with the majors like Emirates. The school you trained and flying hours (experience) determine your employability with the majors. what many pilots do and what I'll advice you is don't solely depend on the majors after your training, also apply to regional airlines and start building your hours before aiming at the majors.

Good luck
Thanks
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 04, 2016
naruto02:
please can you do a breakdown of the overall cost for me here.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 12:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
MULLAH123:
Basic Course PPL, CPL, Instrument = $35,470
Basic with Muti-Engine Course PPL, CPL, Instrument and Multi-Engine = $50,862
Instructor Course CFII, CFI, MEI, RM = $19,656
Upset Recovery Training =$1,809
Type Rating Cessna Citation 500 Series - Second in Command Type Rating = $4,995
Cessna Citation 500 Series - Type Rating = $9,995
Source: PEA
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
petengine:

Basic Course
PPL, CPL, Instrument = $35,470

Basic with Muti-Engine Course
PPL, CPL, Instrument and Multi-Engine = $50,862

Instructor Course
CFII, CFI, MEI, RM = $19,656

Upset Recovery Training =$1,809

Type Rating
Cessna Citation 500 Series - Second in Command Type Rating = $4,995

Cessna Citation 500 Series - Type Rating = $9,995

Source: PEA
Thanks. does this pea mean phoenix east aviation?
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by naruto02(m): 11:49pm On Apr 05, 2016
MULLAH123:

PPL with instrument rating, night rating, CPL, multi engine all goes for $20k that's for the school im going in south Africa but PEA is far better
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 1:54am On Apr 06, 2016
MULLAH123:
Thanks. does this pea mean phoenix east aviation?
yes. www.pea.com
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 1:58am On Apr 06, 2016
naruto02:

PPL with instrument rating, night rating, CPL, multi engine all goes for $20k that's for the school im going in south Africa but PEA is far better
with this amount you can buy an old cheap plane in USA then hire a pilot or engaged a pilot friend for small amount to train you without necessary passing through flight school. but you homeschooled yourself for the ground school

1 Like

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 1:58am On Apr 06, 2016
naruto02:

Do they used glass cockpit for their training?
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 06, 2016
petengine:

Maryukwuoma@gmail.com.... Please send to me too, it's been my dream.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by naruto02(m): 5:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
petengine:

Do they used glass cockpit for their training?
No. They said employers are not interested in hours of simulation they want the main thing. So they replaced simulation with more hours of flight
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by CaptainRahl(m): 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
petengine:

Good luck
...it's possible to enrol for an ATPL ground sch after completing a CPL ME/IR without necessarily attaining d 1500 hrs rule. however on passing, u will be issued a frozen ATPL pending when u fly for 1500 hrs.
Over & out!

1 Like

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

please, I need one: bitrusbalami30@gmail.com Thanks
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by tolexy007(m): 9:20am On Apr 08, 2016
i rather become a Sailour....aye ori omi wink wink

3 Likes

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by lonelydora: 9:20am On Apr 08, 2016
You guys are not hearing about #buynaijatogrownaira? What happened to College of Aviation Technology, Zaria? Why go to South Africa?

Well, aviation industry is where I am planning to send my son when he grows up.

Op, oya barb me the hair you barb Albert at emekauzo74@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 08, 2016
But Jonathan sent some Niger Delta ex-Militants on training recently.

So there would be an over-supply of labour soon wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by mysticgal(f): 9:24am On Apr 08, 2016
Stuffs you are saying is foreign, undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 08, 2016
Following
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by smushi(m): 9:25am On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

Please I also need one..
Osahon_smushi@yahoo.com
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by funkyibodude(m): 9:26am On Apr 08, 2016
Op how long does it take to get a full commercial pilot license.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pall Bearers: How ‘Fearless’ Men Are Making Brisk Business From The Dead / These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job / He Keep To His Promise And Helped My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.