Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,966 members, 7,799,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

2d Animaton Learning Thread - Art, Graphics & Video (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 2d Animaton Learning Thread (34965 Views)

Learn 2D Animation in Nigeria With Naijacartoon / Let's Talk About 2D And 3D Archviz / Freelance Architectural visualisation 2D and 3D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 4:47pm On Apr 29, 2016
and the sky BG

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 4:48pm On Apr 29, 2016
Lets start toggling the visibility of the layers and see how we ended up with the final piece of the second shot starting from the ground and sky layer (image 11), image 12 and then the final artwork with all the layers visible (image13).

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 4:51pm On Apr 29, 2016
Since we now have an idea of how the shots were done let’s use image 14 from shot3 below and label the layers. We can see the perspective lines I used to create this shot (I just reduced the opacity that’s why it’s faint).

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
The same thing was done with shot4 in image15 below.
NB: we can see the same indications we saw earlier where I intend to place my characters with some of their actions.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 4:53pm On Apr 29, 2016
We venture into character sketches and designs and then model sheets in subsequent post.
Comments will be appreciated at least I’m not typing to ghosts lol.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by Scribe01: 1:40pm On May 03, 2016
Good job sir, some of us are silently following and learning...
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 12:30pm On May 04, 2016
Scribe01:
Good job sir, some of us are silently following and learning...
wonderful! Ur comments motivates me to go ahead. Will post something very soon
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by EXLOVER(m): 12:33am On May 05, 2016
chubbyswit:
The Character Ada (thats what i call her) together with the background i designed also in Photoshop to make the animated short complete. Photoshop will be the essential tool that we'll be using for all our background/environment designs as it gives us more flexibility. But ofcourse all these things can also be done in just toon boom but not as good as photoshop. Its also essential to have a reference when designing your character or background for example i took my reference for the environment design in the second image below.
bro...thanks for dis topic, my problem is i'm using an hp mini window8 system, will dis toon boom work on it? if yes pls paste d link of whr i can download it. Thanks bro
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 7:30am On May 05, 2016
EXLOVER:
bro...thanks for dis topic, my problem is i'm using an hp mini window8 system, will dis toon boom work on it? if yes pls paste d link of whr i can download it. Thanks bro
i doubt it can bro, whats ur pc specifications?
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by EXLOVER(m): 9:36am On May 05, 2016
chubbyswit:
i doubt it can bro, whats ur pc specifications?
2gig RAM, 1.60GHz
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 9:53am On May 05, 2016
EXLOVER:
2gig RAM, 1.60GHz
it should be good, can you help me check ur dedicated video memory?
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by EXLOVER(m): 9:58am On May 05, 2016
chubbyswit:
it should be good, can you help me check ur dedicated video memory?
sorry boss, whr should i check to see it?
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 10:02am On May 05, 2016
EXLOVER:
sorry boss, whr should i check to see it?
right click on your desktop and click on resolution, when it opens, navigate to advanced settings and u'll c it from there
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by EXLOVER(m): 10:21am On May 05, 2016
chubbyswit:
right click on your desktop and click on resolution, when it opens, navigate to advanced settings and u'll c it from there
total available graphic memory :762mb. dedicated video memory 0mb. system video memory 0mb. shared video memory 762mb
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 10:48am On May 05, 2016
EXLOVER:
total available graphic memory :762mb. dedicated video memory 0mb. system video memory 0mb. shared video memory 762mb
0mb dedicated memory means that no graphics memory has been allocated. Toonboom is a graphics program and needs it to function properly. I'm sorry bro the app wont work well on your system
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by EXLOVER(m): 10:55am On May 05, 2016
chubbyswit:
0mb dedicated memory means that no graphics memory has been allocated. Toonboom is a graphics program and needs it to function properly. I'm sorry bro the app wont work well on your system
Thanks Bro. do you have any other advice
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 1:08pm On May 05, 2016
EXLOVER:
Thanks Bro. do you have any other advice
continue following the topic for now. Also try to get a better pc if you're serious about animation.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by opegold11: 9:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hello every one, please I urgently need help. I made gif image/banner using photoshop and I have been trying to upload /advertise my work on BBM, Whatsapp and Instagram but to no avail. It stood still and refuses to change.Please help
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by Panshow(m): 8:31am On Jul 18, 2016
I'm loving this tutorials. Keep the good work OP.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 8:51am On Jul 28, 2016
opegold11:
Hello every one, please I urgently need help. I made gif image/banner using photoshop and I have been trying to upload /advertise my work on BBM, Whatsapp and Instagram but to no avail. It stood still and refuses to change.Please help
the animated gif you created in photoshop can only work properly on supported websites using web browsers and not social apps i think. did you use export to web when trying to save your gif?
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 8:52am On Jul 28, 2016
Panshow:
I'm loving this tutorials. Keep the good work OP.
you are welcome bro. saw some of your work and they're cool.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 8:54am On Jul 28, 2016
it's been awhile guys. have not been able to post due to tight schedules but i will be posting something here with any little chance i get. so lets dive right in with a few posts.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 8:56am On Jul 28, 2016
Character design
Designing your characters for animation is very important whether 2d or 3d, this is to make sure that you know what your character will look like and the kind of trait or behavior you want them to exhibit. I’ll not go in-depth into the character designs because it will waste a lot of our time and we still have much more to talk about when we start our animation proper (I can do that on request).
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 8:57am On Jul 28, 2016
Character design cannot be complete without a mode sheet. By model sheet I mean the 360 degree drawing representation of the character i.e. the front view, side view. Profile view, back view, profile view, and profile back view as indicated from the sketches below (ignore the guidelines you see, it’s not for this character, I deleted its).

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 8:59am On Jul 28, 2016
The concept of creating model sheet for yourself is pretty simple if you know how to draw at least a simple frontal view of a figure or object. You will have to create guidelines touching at strategic points of your created frontal view to use it as a measurement for the creation for your other views. I illustrate with the image below using just the front view and side view of another character. We can see that I traced guidelines at strategic points including the top of the head, bottom of the feet, eyes, ears, nose, shoulder, knee line etc. to match almost exactly with that of the side view (observe).

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 9:01am On Jul 28, 2016
Importance of model sheet in animation
It is used to determine the character’s pose and posture in different views and how the different views can be animated to reflect the character’s realistic features.
At least the side and front view model sheets must be provided before a character is modelled in 3d using a 3d program like Maya, Max, blender, cinema 4d etc. example is shown in the images below. A front and side view of the man’s face was drawn first in Photoshop before it was imported into a 3d program and modelled. This is not the case for all objects example a car will need the front, back, side and top view before it can be modelled very well. Also note that hardcore professionals might not need them in some cases.
The model sheet is very important for creating a cut out character for animations that require a turn around (we have discussed the meaning of cut out in previous pages) for a better control and manipulation which is the easier method of 2d animation as compared to the traditional/tradigital method. N.B you can modify your front and profile view to become back and profile back view without having to stress yourself recreating them. Just duplicate and start erasing and adding parts that resembles what you want until you are satisfied.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 9:04am On Jul 28, 2016
ADDING COLOR
This is simple, just start applying color with the paint bucket or brush tool to your artwork after inking them (drawing with the brush tool). That’s what I did to arrive at those images below. N.B this is just the design stage of production process, these characters will be redrawn and recolored when we import into toon boom using the cut out style. I also rendered the characters (applying shadows and highlights) to give them more depth and realism. They might not look exactly the same after recreating them in toon boom. Observe my ada tutorial to find out why.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 9:06am On Jul 28, 2016
more

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 9:10am On Jul 28, 2016
next we talk about importing and recreating the artworks for animation in toon boom, also we'll be creating storyboards where and when neccessary as we move along. comments will be welcomed. Please guys also use this platform to showcase your CG works to make it fun and lively.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by Panshow(m): 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2016
chubbyswit:
you are welcome bro. saw some of your work and they're cool.
Thanks a lot Bro.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by Panshow(m): 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
It's good to see that you've added more tutorials.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2016
so i finished rigging of the characters after a couple of days so lets drop a little tutorial on the process

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds / Man Meets Talented Artist In Abuja Market. See What He Did Within 5 Minutes. / This Nigerian Artist’s Artworks Are So Realistic It’s Hard To Believe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.