Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Words Are Powerful:Use Them Well. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Words Are Powerful:Use Them Well. (962 Views)

Your Words Are More Powerful Than The Devil. / Now That She Brought Them To Church, Who Will Use Them? / Words Are Spirits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words Are Powerful:Use Them Well. by Janeyinspires(f): 2:20pm On Mar 12, 2016
'Killing me softly with his songs
Killing me softly,with his words.
Telling my whole life with his song
Killing me softly,with his words'

That's just a few lines from Fugees song titled 'killing me softly'.

This song made no meaning to me,literally when i first heard it-as a teen.But as the years went by with experience and on careful observation,i got to understand the effect of words.

Words are really powerful.It is one of the most potent force in the universe.Through words(spoken),the world came into existence.
Words can either make a man or break him.
See what i mean......

A 15-year old boy was diagnosed of leukemia(cancer of the white blood cells).Knowing how fatal leukemia could be,he became discouraged and lost hope as a result of the news.One day,he got a bunch of flowers from his aunt with a card.The boy opened the card and the message read;"I had leukemia when i was 7 years old.I am 22 years now.My heart goes out to you!Good luck!

Can you quantify the amount of hope and encouragement that card gave to this sick boy?
This is exactly the effect of words..Don't you know that your words can give people hope or kill them gradually like a poison?
Now,imagine what our encouraging words,show of friendship/kindness could do to a troubled life and our ailing world.

Yes!People are fighting battles everyday,dealing with one issue or the other,with anxiety at each stop over.
All it takes is just a kind word,a text of hope,a show of support to assuage these vicissitudes of life.
Proverbs12:25 beautifully captured it,
"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down,but a good word makes him glad".
The message translation puts it this way,
"Worry weighs us down;a cheerful word picks us up".

Don't underestimate the power of words.No kind words is a waste.
You can touch lives daily with the right words,make people smile again,leave them better than the way you met them.
When we go out of our way to touch lives daily with encouraging words,we also encourage ourselves.Every encouragement always makes a huge difference.
God will make happen for you,what you make happen for others.
Encourage A Soul Daily.

2 Likes

Re: Words Are Powerful:Use Them Well. by reyin(m): 2:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
A reminder to ma head.....thankz
Re: Words Are Powerful:Use Them Well. by Janeyinspires(f): 2:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
reyin:
A reminder to ma head.....thankz
Sure...
Re: Words Are Powerful:Use Them Well. by Bartork(m): 6:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
Janeyinspires:

Sure...

Unfortunately this world is a world for batteles fought with words and people enjoying talking others down. Most don't agree with you I assume else why is the flow of comments not as much as should be.

Well said
Re: Words Are Powerful:Use Them Well. by Janeyinspires(f): 7:43am On Mar 31, 2016
Bartork:

Unfortunately this world is a world for batteles fought with words and people enjoying talking others down. Most don't agree with you I assume else why is the flow of comments not as much as should be.

Well said

*Smh*
Words can either make/build or destroy..Guess some are not ready to use their words for a good cause.

May God help us.
Re: Words Are Powerful:Use Them Well. by Bartork(m): 7:56am On Mar 31, 2016
Janeyinspires:

*Smh*
Words can either make/build or destroy..Guess some are not ready to use their words for a good cause.

May God help us.

Gods help is not forced its requested for
I am certain most people don't need it so it would stay as it is

1 Like

Re: Words Are Powerful:Use Them Well. by Bartork(m): 12:05pm On May 04, 2016
How have you been using those words lately
Re: Words Are Powerful:Use Them Well. by Janeyinspires(f): 10:49am On May 06, 2016
Bartork:
How have you been using those words lately

Ahaa!

No matter how much I'm been pushed(people,circumstances),I have carefully wired my words in to MY PURPOSE-I am here to heal..Not to inflict or worsen the situation.

#Like Minds
Re: Words Are Powerful:Use Them Well. by Bartork(m): 12:46pm On May 06, 2016
Janeyinspires:

Ahaa!

No matter how much I'm been pushed(people,circumstances),I have carefully wired my words in to MY PURPOSE-I am here to heal..Not to inflict or worsen the situation.

#Like Minds

Very well
I applaud you

#like Minds

1 Like

Re: Words Are Powerful:Use Them Well. by Janeyinspires(f): 9:32am On Jun 20, 2016
Bartork:

Very well I applaud you
#like Minds
Hiya Hiya, How have you been using them lately?

(1) (Reply)

Muhammad’s Immoral Marriage To Hisdaughter-in-law / Heaven And Hell Is Not A Myth / The Nigerian Church Has Missed It!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.