Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,904 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? (1694 Views)

Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models / Basic Maintenance Tips For German Cars / Are Japanese Cars Better Than German Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? by itodoho(m): 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2016
Discuss..seems this cars meet a whole lot of specs for car users. Problem i think is maintenance, cost of spare parts? Pls share your views. Cc Siena, autosbay and all other car gurus in the house.
Double Cc; lalasticala
Re: What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? by Kashif(m): 5:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
Over engineering.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
I hate them Volkswagen!
Re: What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? by lonelydora: 6:39pm On Mar 13, 2016
Volkswagen Passat is a nice car but make sure you don't abuse it.

I have not owned it before but I used my brothers own for like 10 months.
Re: What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? by itodoho(m): 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
Kashif:
Over engineering.
in what sense sir?
Re: What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? by itodoho(m): 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2016
lonelydora:
Volkswagen Passat is a nice car but make sure you don't abuse it.

I have not owned it before but I used my brothers own for like 10 months.
Any idea about the price of a nice, sharp 2004/05 model?
Re: What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? by itodoho(m): 4:17pm On Mar 15, 2016
tpacalipse:
I hate them Volkswagen!
why sir?
Re: What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? by lonelydora: 8:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
itodoho:

Any idea about the price of a nice, sharp 2004/05 model?

Not at all.
Re: What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? by Exponental(m): 7:40am On Mar 17, 2016
I know someone who drives the 00 model, he bought it Nigerian used, made some fixes and has been enjoying it. He said "I love this car" just 2days ago. being a fast driver, he said he wishes he can travel long distances daily. For a v6, he said it's economical on long trips.
Re: What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? by adanny01(m): 9:49am On Mar 17, 2016
I have 3 friends, one drives Benz ML350, the other a VW passat and the last drives a honda accord.

On a long trip of 800km, the Benz had an ABS sensor issue. Because of it, the car wouldnot go more than 60km/h. We had to sleep over at a town.

The guy with Passat had to change his CVT joint (shaft), afterwards the car wouldnt change gear just because the ABS harness was broken along the line. It took a week to resolve after alot of scanning and trouble shooting.

The third guy had to work on his accord steering rack for leakage of PS fluid. The mechanic disconnected the upper arm and left the wheel hub hanging on ABS harness. Excess tension pulled off the wires from the sensor making it irrepairable. He didnt have money to replace immediately so he drove the car for a month before replacing it.

The point i want to make is that Japanese cars will not stop for a safety problem but a german car would stop you in the middle of the desert or an emergency.

4 people i know had an embarassing problem with Benz C class. In each instance, a car they just turned off its engine wouldnt start at all. The result had been same that the key lost its coding. Usually, they spend 50k and above to start the car that was ok minutes ago.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? by DGD1(m): 8:50pm On Mar 17, 2016
adanny01:
I have 3 friends, one drives Benz ML350, the other a VW passat and the last drives a honda accord.

On a long trip of 800km, the Benz had an ABS sensor issue. Because of it, the car wouldnot go more than 60km/h. We had to sleep over at a town.

The guy with Passat had to change his CVT joint (shaft), afterwards the car wouldnt change gear just because the ABS harness was broken along the line. It took a week to resolve after alot of scanning and trouble shooting.

The third guy had to work on his accord steering rack for leakage of PS fluid. The mechanic disconnected the upper arm and left the wheel hub hanging on ABS harness. Excess tension pulled off the wires from the sensor making it irrepairable. He didnt have money to replace immediately so he drove the car for a month before replacing it.

The point i want to make is that Japanese cars will not stop for a safety problem but a german car would stop you in the middle of the desert or an emergency.

4 people i know had an embarassing problem with Benz C class. In each instance, a car they just turned off its engine wouldnt start at all. The result had been same that the key lost its coding. Usually, they spend 50k and above to start the car that was ok minutes ago.

you stated it as it is,

noth to forget, an average nigerian would want to manage a faulty car irrespective of the model and year.
90% of japs u see on nigerian roads have their CEL/CHECK ENGINE/ABS/ etc lights on like disco lights on the dashboard. but the cars would still fire for long.
but briton/german/americans take safety very important

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Vs Lexus / How To Fix 2003-2007 Honda Accord Master Window Switch / Does Bolt Accept 02 Big Daddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.