Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,872 members, 7,806,488 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? (13516 Views)

Oluwo Rasheed Akanbi Welcomes Son, Names Him "Oduduwa" / Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian / "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by Angelou(m): 8:25am On Mar 13, 2016
i have been quite confused for a while now about who arrived first among this two sages in yoruba history. All i know is that orunmila (baba ifa) took the spirituality course of life as he was the first adherent of he ifa religion and also the first initiate to consult this oracle of divination. I'm not quite sure if he really existed as a mortal or he was just one among the pantheon of gods ife had..
it seems odua on the other hand took a more political course as he was best known of ruling the entire yorubaland from his seat of power at ife and also subsequently installing his offsprings as regent over other semi autochthonous yoruba nations within his domain.
What i really don't understand is who first existed among the two. All suggestions are mostly welcome. Thanks
cc: tpiah, emamos, johnnydon, truthman
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by Ayoemrys(m): 8:39am On Mar 13, 2016
go to awolowo uni libry and find out,or ask the Gods or google,but i doubt google sha
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by YourNemesis: 11:10am On Mar 13, 2016
Orunmila I think.

1 Like

Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by emamos: 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
I no be historian but what i knw is Jesus Christ is Lord

1 Like

Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by scholes0(m): 12:31pm On Mar 13, 2016
emamos:
I no be historian but what i knw is Jesus Christ is Lord

Who asked you about who your lord is? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by emamos: 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
[s]
scholes0:

Who asked you about who your lord is? undecided
[/s]
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by mandarin: 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
I think Orunmila was much older on Yoruba history than oduduwa. Like you said Orunmila would be called a philosopher in ancient Greece and whether he invented Ifa or was its consult, he was indeed a powerful white apparel man. Oduduwa(more of a title of wisdom and character , probably real name was Adimu) was probably a conqueror who had his kingdom bothering around Eastern Yoruba country of today

1 Like

Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by Rilwayne001: 1:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
Orunmila baa gba niregun atori eni tio sunwo se

Oduduwa ateworo olofin ajakaye cool cheesy

Okay... I am proudly Yoruba smiley cheesy wink smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by Rilwayne001: 1:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
Angelou:
i have been quite confused for a while now about who arrived first among this two sages in yoruba history. All i know is that orunmila (baba ifa) took the spirituality course of life as he was the first adherent of he ifa religion and also the first initiate to consult this oracle of divination. I'm not quite sure if he really existed as a mortal or he was just one among the pantheon of gods ife had..
it seems odua on the other hand took a more political course as he was best known of ruling the entire yorubaland from his seat of power at ife and also subsequently installing his offsprings as regent over other semi autochthonous yoruba nations within his domain.
What i really don't understand is who first existed among the two. All suggestions are mostly welcome. Thanks
cc: tpiah, emamos, johnnydon, truthman

Cc macof folykaze
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 13, 2016
My 0.02 cents.

It depends on what perspective you're looking at it from.

Spirituality

or

History

For spirituality, Oduduwa is the earth from which everything natural sprang forth - da iwa. Here, we can say Oduduwa came first.

For spirituality again, Orunmila is regarded to be the guy on the right hand of Olodumare, eleri ipin - witness of one's destiny lot prior to creation. Here, we can say Orunmila came first before Oduduwa and was made.

For spirituality, Oduduwa is not part of the Okanlerinwo irunmole - 401 deities with the Ooni being the last. This 401 deities were led to earth by Ogun but their leader is Obatala but their guardian is Orunmila. Here, Oduduwa is a miss but Orunmila is present.

----

For history, Orunmila was already living in Oke Igeti in Ife along side the Obatalas, Oramfes, Yeemos, Ajes, Osaras, Oluorogbos etc with Oduduwa entering the picture later. Here, Oduduwa as a human came later.

For history, Oduduwa arrived in Ife with his ikin but went to meet Orunmila to divinate for him. Here, Oduduwa as a human showed up after Orunmila had already established himself.

For history, Orunmila had already established himself at Oke Igeti with his family then moved to Oke Itase (both in Ife) where he lived and left a family. Hence, Orunmila's descendants are in existence with a family compound and a quarter - a feature prominent with all Ife deities. Meanwhile, Oduduwa despite occupying the throne and marrying many women has no family compound and in fact, the isooro oduduwa is done by descendants of the deities who fought on Oduduwa's team.

Deduction from the above shows Oduduwa came much later spiritually and physically thereby making Orunmila the much earlier figure between the two.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Cc macof folykaze

I dont know who existed first o.

But Oduduwa is the one that first descended on Ogun chains down to earth.
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by MrPresident1: 3:35pm On Mar 14, 2016
Agboniregun, the son of Orunmila is the one who thought Ifa to Oduduwa, I say therefore that Oduduwa came after Orunmila.

Oduduwa is a stranger in this parts though, I believe Agboniregun and his father Orunmila are aborigines.
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by macof(m): 5:40pm On Mar 14, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Cc macof folykaze
9jacrip has said all I could have said and even more
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by lawani: 6:09am On Dec 22, 2016
Look at it this way, very soon we will be advanced enough to land on a habitable planet from Earth. People will go as a team and will maintain communication with the home planet. The first person to land would be Ogun, the most senior of the astronauts would be Obatala and when they settled down, their chief was Oduduwa while Obatala provided moral guidance as first Oluwo the head of the Ogboni that was supreme court over the government.

Oduduwa is anyone whose conduct cam never be faulted. He can always defend himself or herself. He does not need anyones forgivene. He wrongs no one. That was the first Olofin Ajala aye

Obatala is a father always clothed in white, the benevolent father. He chairs the commitee that is the Supreme court over the government

Ogun was the first to land. The Ashiwaju Imole. He is very intelligent. He is an innovator. He brings innovation for human advancement. He is a warrior. A no nonesense person and etc.

Orunmila is the Abanidamoran bi iyekan eni. Orunmila offers advise like a next of kin, as if the matter concerns him, as if he were you. He was a magician. He established a kind of IUPAC like nomenclature for magic with the 256 odus, he then started initiating people in the system. A system with many graduates today who are proficient in the magic aspect of theology.

So who landed on Earth first was Ogun, the most senior was Obatala, Orunmila was a priest with clerical duties while Oduduwa was the Olofin Ajala aye.

1 Like

Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by Olu317(m): 5:37pm On Dec 23, 2016
YourNemesis:
Orunmila I think.

Orunmila was a short man according to history through panegyric. Ifa is coded in binary of the ancient world. That is more reason that claims asserted by ancestral Yoruba were from Far East.
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by Olu317(m): 5:42pm On Dec 23, 2016
Ayoemrys:
go to awolowo uni libry and find out,or ask the Gods or google,but i doubt google sha
These people probably existed almost the same time as Considering the figurative myth about the major three in God's creation. I mean the mention of orunmiela, Obatala and Olofin Adimula ( called Odua) because,even certain men bore certaain names of God at one time or the other. Infact Some ancient yoruba men were said to had lived over 250 years and above.

1 Like

Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by Olu317(m): 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2016
mandarin:
I think Orunmila was much older on Yoruba history than oduduwa. Like you said Orunmila would be called a philosopher in ancient Greece and whether he invented Ifa or was its consult, he was indeed a powerful white apparel man. Oduduwa(more of a title of wisdom and character , probably real name was Adimu) was probably a conqueror who had his kingdom bothering around Eastern Yoruba country of today
Orunmiela did not invent IFA though credited it to him when they arrived at ILE IFE. And being the first to use it to explain and solve people's problems once he divinely seek to know the solution to the problems of such person at ILE IFE, he was acknowledged to be the father of it. This is a coded language of some people in the FAR East . These people who go through these initiation are from a priestly family and to be knowledgeable on learning the recitation of the coded binary and divination . One must be at least be an APPRENTICE FOR SIXTEEN YEARS AND MORE.
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by Olu317(m): 6:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
lawani:
Look at it this way, very soon we will be advanced enough to land on a habitable planet from Earth. People will go as a team and will maintain communication with the home planet. The first person to land would be Ogun, the most senior of the astronauts would be Obatala and when they settled down, their chief was Oduduwa while Obatala provided moral guidance as first Oluwo the head of the Ogboni that was supreme court over the government.

Oduduwa is anyone whose conduct cam never be faulted. He can always defend himself or herself. He does not need anyones forgivene. He wrongs no one. That was the first Olofin Ajala aye

Obatala is a father always clothed in white, the benevolent father. He chairs the commitee that is the Supreme court over the government

Ogun was the first to land. The Ashiwaju Imole. He is very intelligent. He is an innovator. He brings innovation for human advancement. He is a warrior. A no nonesense person and etc.

Orunmila is the Abanidamoran bi iyekan eni. Orunmila offers advise like a next of kin, as if the matter concerns him, as if he were you. He was a magician. He established a kind of IUPAC like nomenclature for magic with the 256 odus, he then started initiating people in the system. A system with many graduates today who are proficient in the magic aspect of theology.

So who landed on Earth first was Ogun, the most senior was Obatala, Orunmila was a priest with clerical duties while Oduduwa was the Olofin Ajala aye.
All of them were people who wore Robes when they Arrived at ILE IFE. And let's face it and be truthful, there is something called agbè or ègbè in Yoruba. Which was used in the ancient time and it has record too in the Bible when Stephen baptized an Ethiopian. Having opined this, they were all men of occult before they arrived at ILE IFE. their movement were through boat,horse riding, donkey riding and rekking
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by Olu317(m): 6:13pm On Dec 23, 2016
MrPresident1:
Agboniregun, the son of Orunmila is the one who thought Ifa to Oduduwa, I say therefore that Oduduwa came after Orunmila.

Oduduwa is a stranger in this parts though, I believe Agboniregun and his father Orunmila are aborigines.
Agboniregun was orunmiela. And not a son to him. Once orunmiela's eulogy begins, he is referred as Baba Agboniregun. This has nothing to do with being a father of sort because, the ancient Yoruba word for Father was 'Ba'. Instead, it was used to address him as his other name. In the ancient times, nick name was part of a way to identify a person apart from the birth name was more feared if for instance, one's Nick name was associated with one form of dreaded word. Olofin Adimula was the name of the finest leader among them who was Odua. The name was not his name but Adimuela. Odua/Adua/JAddua was the place where his father was killed. And migration took place after the place was Destroyed. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHERE THE EYES IS FROM USED BY THE OGBONI? AND HOW MANY KINGDOMS OF THE ANCIENT WORLD PRACTISED IT BEFORE ARRIVAL AT ILE IFE.
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by lawani: 10:41am On Dec 24, 2016
Olu317:
Agboniregun was orunmiela. And not a son to him. Once orunmiela's eulogy begins, he is referred as Baba Agboniregun. This has nothing to do with being a father of sort because, the ancient Yoruba word for Father was 'Ba'. Instead, it was used to address him as his other name. In the ancient times, nick name was part of a way to identify a person apart from the birth name was more feared if for instance, one's Nick name was associated with one form of dreaded word. Olofin Adimula was the name of the finest leader among them who was Odua. The name was not his name but Adimuela. Odua/Adua/JAddua was the place where his father was killed. And migration took place after the place was Destroyed. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHERE THE EYES IS FROM USED BY THE OGBONI? AND HOW MANY KINGDOMS OF THE ANCIENT WORLD PRACTISED IT BEFORE ARRIVAL AT ILE IFE.

THE MEANING OF ADIMULA IS ADIMULA! HOLD ON TO THIS PERSON AND YOU WILL PROSPER! THAT IS THE MEANING! THE ALAAFIN IS THE ADIMULA OYO, OWA OBOKUN IS THE ONE FOR IJESA, OWARANGUN AGA IS THE ONE FOR IGBOMINA. AWUJALE IS THE ONE FOR IJEBU AND ETC. THAT IS THE MEANING OF ADIMULA
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by Olu317(m): 8:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
lawani:

THE MEANING OF ADIMULA IS ADIMULA! HOLD ON TO THIS PERSON AND YOU WILL PROSPER! THAT IS THE MEANING! THE ALAAFIN IS THE ADIMULA OYO, OWA OBOKUN IS THE ONE FOR IJESA, OWARANGUN AGA IS THE ONE FOR IGBOMINA. AWUJALE IS THE ONE FOR IJEBU AND ETC. THAT IS THE MEANING OF ADIMULA
are you sure?, History didn't tell us that. And I have never seen seen any of the referred kings bearing such name in the present day or in the ancient time apart from ologinolusegun@gmail.com Admilua that people called Odua. In Yoruba land, name has weight and describe the personal birth of the person or great exploit of such individual or family background of such personality etc . Kindly substantiate your point.
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by lawani: 10:19pm On Dec 24, 2016
Olu317:

THE ALL SEEING EYE IS AN ILLUMINATI SYMBOL MEANING YOU ARE UNDER SURVEILLANCE! I THINK IT WAS OLUWA ALAKIJA THAT INTRODUCED IT. THE OGBONI DONT DO IKA BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE OLODUMARE WILL DEFINITELY GET TO HEAR OF IT AND WILL CONSEQUENTLY MESS THEM UP!

DONT MESS UP THE NAME ODUDUWA! IT SIMPLY MEANS THE ODU THAT CREATED CHARACTER OR IWA! OODUA IS SHORT OR CONTRACTED FORM! IT IS AN ORANGUN MEJI ODU OR OFUN MEJI ODU. WHAT IS THE ODU THAT CREATED VIOLENCE! THAT IS OSA MEJI. OSA MEJI LAKOJA! OSA MEJI THE FIRST AGGRESSOR!. YORUBA IS A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE FROM SEMITIC LANGUAGES. ODUDUWA IS NOT ADUA!.
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by lawani: 10:22pm On Dec 24, 2016
Olu317:
are you sure?, History didn't tell us that. And I have never seen seen any of the referred kings bearing such name in the present day or in the ancient time apart from ologinolusegun@gmail.com Admilua that people called Odua. In Yoruba land, name has weight and describe the personal birth of the person or great exploit of such individual or family background of such personality etc . Kindly substantiate your point.

IF YOU HAVE HEARD WHERE THE WORD ADIMULA IS USED IN SONGS AND ETC, THE MEANING WILL BE CLEAR. THEY DONT ONLY SAY ADIMULA, THEY ADD OTHER THINGS LIKE ADIMU SE RERE, ADIMU GOKE AND ETC.
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by Olu317(m): 11:55pm On Dec 24, 2016
lawani:

THE ALL SEEING EYE IS AN ILLUMINATI SYMBOL MEANING YOU ARE UNDER SURVEILLANCE! I THINK IT WAS OLUWA ALAKIJA THAT INTRODUCED IT. THE OGBONI DONT DO IKA BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE OLODUMARE WILL DEFINITELY GET TO HEAR OF IT AND WILL CONSEQUENTLY MESS THEM UP!

DONT MESS UP THE NAME ODUDUWA! IT SIMPLY MEANS THE ODU THAT CREATED CHARACTER OR IWA! OODUA IS SHORT OR CONTRACTED FORM! IT IS AN ORANGUN MEJI ODU OR OFUN MEJI ODU. WHAT IS THE ODU THAT CREATED VIOLENCE! THAT IS OSA MEJI. OSA MEJI LAKOJA! OSA MEJI THE FIRST AGGRESSOR!. YORUBA IS A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE FROM SEMITIC LANGUAGES. ODUDUWA IS NOT ADUA!.
ONIOSA CONFIRM THE NAME AS ADUA RECENTLY IN AN INTERVIEW GRANTED OVER THE TUSSLE BETWEEN HIM AND THE OLUGBO. DO YOU KNOW THAT THE ODUA GROUP WORE ROBES AND LONG DRESSES IN THEIR TIME?. DO YOU KNOW YORUBA LANGUAGE IS SPOKEN IN NEARLY 30 COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD ? WHY LIMIT YORUBA RACE TO NIGERIA? READ HISTORY OF THEBES, EGYPT, ELAMITES, KISSITES ,ELEPHANTE,ASSYRIANS,BABYLONIANS ,MEGGIDO. give it a try
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by lawani: 6:04am On Dec 25, 2016
Olu317:
ONIOSA CONFIRM THE NAME AS ADUA RECENTLY IN AN INTERVIEW GRANTED OVER THE TUSSLE BETWEEN HIM AND THE OLUGBO. DO YOU KNOW THAT THE ODUA GROUP WORE ROBES AND LONG DRESSES IN THEIR TIME?. DO YOU KNOW YORUBA LANGUAGE IS SPOKEN IN NEARLY 30 COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD ? WHY LIMIT YORUBA RACE TO NIGERIA? READ HISTORY OF THEBES, EGYPT, ELAMITES, KISSITES ,ELEPHANTE,ASSYRIANS,BABYLONIANS ,MEGGIDO. give it a try

I AM MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE THAN AVERAGE ON THESE ISSUES. THERE ARE TONS OF DATA TO MINE EVERYWHERE. I DONT REGURGITATE THE WORDS OF TITLED PEOPLE, TALK LESS OF SOMEONE WHO SAID JESUS IS HIS FATHER!.
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by Olu317(m): 9:45am On Dec 25, 2016
lawani:

I AM MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE THAN AVERAGE ON THESE ISSUES. THERE ARE TONS OF DATA TO MINE EVERYWHERE. I DONT REGURGITATE THE WORDS OF TITLED PEOPLE, TALK LESS OF SOMEONE WHO SAID JESUS IS HIS FATHER!.
My dear, you have documents relating to Yoruba history which I don't doubt your knowledge. And I do have a lot of documents beyond Nigeria to show uniqueness of Yoruba history. I have read many books showing Yoruba connection to Egypt ,even with reference to Lucas who studied Yoruba language of having nearly 50% of similarity with Yoruba language but he failed to notice that if Tribe as Israel could spend 430 years in Egypt,then what will that apply regarding their language?, Even the GA people of Ghana whose ancestral home is from ILE IFE cannot speak Yoruba language as those in Nigeria do. The Yoruba people who are called ANAGO in Bénin Republic speak variations of Yoruba language and some are even deeper with twist tongue though if One pay attention, one will realise that the language is Yoruba. How much undocumented language ?, I did opined at one point in a Yoruba forum that ,it wasnt ordinary Late Bishop Ajayi crowther and Late Rev. Samuel Johnson were chosen to helped keep the proper foundation for tracing Yoruba history. Furthermore on Egypt relation, there are certain differences are noticed, ranging from Death passage rites,mourning rites, levirate, Monotheistic Supreme being over all the other deities, greeting pattern,panegyric(family oriki), naming ceremony, circumcision, elders role in the society, kings role in the society, priest roles, Homogeneous nature. Even, the OPA ORANMIYAN has been proven to not to have any connection with Egypt. And I don't have any problem with OOni calling JESUS as his father. Yoruba power is enshrined in conjuring asé (ORO) to command and it comes to manifestation. I guess, ooni realise that Eledumare / Olodumare whom ancient Yoruba people spread their hands in anguish to ask for help whenever they were in problems. I am tempted to inform you that certain facts and books have been found to show Yoruba outside Nigeria as a whole. The Yoruba Race is the most studied Race in the world. In 1976,it was mentioned that Yoruba have been documented by different authors with over 3,448 minus the omitted ones. Between 1976 and 2016 ,you can count 40 years. Let us study more to know about our shrouded history that kept pointing out our tradition as Semitic /Phoenicians group
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by Olu317(m): 1:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
lawani:

FURTHERMORE, AROUND 1910, PROFESSOR LEO FROBENIOUS, A GERMAN SCHOLAR OPINED THAT THE TRIDENT ON OPA ORANMIYAN HAS A CONNECTION WITH THE ATLANTIS, IN WHICH HE MENTIONED SPECIFICALLY THE CONNECTION WITH GREEK GOD CALLED PSEIDON. WHEN HE CONNECTED IT OLOKUN WORSHIP BUT NEWAFRICA IN 2010 WRITES “ THIS WAS A MISTAKE BUT THE ART WORK AT THE CITY OF ILE IFE WAS SO SOPHISTICATED THAT IT WAS EASY TO MISTAKE IT WITH GREEK CULTURE ". AND THAT IN EGYPT WHERE ODUA AND HIS GROUP WAS SAID TO HAVE MIGRATED,THE TRIDENT WAS NOT A SYMBOL OF ANY gods ,AND NONE OF THESE gods WHICH THE TRIDENT WERE IDENTIFIED WITH WAS WORSHIPED IN EGYPT... THIS MEANT PROFESSOR LEO FROBENIOUS BLUNDERED ON YORUBA RACE. IN VIEW OF THIS FACT THE TRIDENT WAS NOT A PART OF ANY WORSHIP OF ODUA HOMESTEAD, THE TRIDENT DESIGN ON ORANMIYAN OBELISK HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ANCIENT MEANING ASSOCIATED WITH TRIDENT.
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by Olu317(m): 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2016
lawani:

FURTHERMORE, AROUND 1910, PROFESSOR LEO FROBENIOUS, A GERMAN SCHOLAR OPINED THAT THE TRIDENT ON OPA ORANMIYAN HAS A CONNECTION WITH THE ATLANTIS, IN WHICH HE MENTIONED SPECIFICALLY THE CONNECTION WITH GREEK GOD CALLED PSEIDON. WHEN HE CONNECTED IT OLOKUN WORSHIP BUT NEWAFRICA IN 2010 WRITES “ THIS WAS A MISTAKE BUT THE ART WORK AT THE CITY OF ILE IFE WAS SO SOPHISTICATED THAT IT WAS EASY TO MISTAKE IT WITH GREEK CULTURE ". AND THAT IN EGYPT WHERE ODUA AND HIS GROUP WAS SAID TO HAVE MIGRATED,THE TRIDENT WAS NOT A SYMBOL OF ANY gods ,AND NONE OF THESE gods WHICH THE TRIDENT WERE IDENTIFIED WITH WAS WORSHIPED IN EGYPT... THIS MEANT PROFESSOR LEO FROBENIOUS BLUNDERED ON YORUBA RACE. IN VIEW OF THIS FACT THE TRIDENT WAS NOT A PART OF ANY WORSHIP OF ODUA HOMESTEAD, THE TRIDENT DESIGN ON ORANMIYAN OBELISK HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ANCIENT MEANING ASSOCIATED WITH TRIDENT. cool
lawani:

FURTHERMORE, AROUND 1910, PROFESSOR LEO FROBENIOUS, A GERMAN SCHOLAR OPINED THAT THE TRIDENT ON OPA ORANMIYAN HAS A CONNECTION WITH THE ATLANTIS, IN WHICH HE MENTIONED SPECIFICALLY THE CONNECTION WITH GREEK GOD CALLED PSEIDON. WHEN HE CONNECTED IT OLOKUN WORSHIP BUT NEWAFRICA IN 2010 WRITES “ THIS WAS A MISTAKE BUT THE ART WORK AT THE CITY OF ILE IFE WAS SO SOPHISTICATED THAT IT WAS EASY TO MISTAKE IT WITH GREEK CULTURE ". AND THAT IN EGYPT WHERE ODUA AND HIS GROUP WAS SAID TO HAVE MIGRATED,THE TRIDENT WAS NOT A SYMBOL OF ANY gods ,AND NONE OF THESE gods WHICH THE TRIDENT WERE IDENTIFIED WITH WAS WORSHIPED IN EGYPT... THIS MEANT PROFESSOR LEO FROBENIOUS BLUNDERED ON YORUBA RACE. IN VIEW OF THIS FACT THE TRIDENT WAS NOT A PART OF ANY WORSHIP OF ODUA HOMESTEAD, THE TRIDENT DESIGN ON ORANMIYAN OBELISK HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ANCIENT MEANING ASSOCIATED WITH TRIDENT.
Re: Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? by Olu317(m): 2:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
lawani:

contd. IT HAS BEEN NOTED THAT YORUBA RACE WERE SOPHISTICATED BUT NOT FROM EGYPT. TAKE FOR INSTANCE ,IN EGYPT HIEROGLYPH CHARACTER WHICH WERE USED TO WRITE NUMBERS IS MISSING IN YORUBA CULTURE. SLIDEBOAM IN 2011 NOTED THAT AROUND 3000BC, SAME AS YORUBA'S KNOWLEDGEABLE PERIOD,THE ANCIENT EGYPTIANS HAD A WAY TO WRITE NUMBERS. THE MADE ONE VERTICAL LINE FOR 1(ONE) ,TWO VERTICAL LINE FOR 2(TWO) SO ON TO ....(9)NINE. 10(TEN) THE EGYPTIANS MADE U -SHAPED MARK, FOR 100(HUNDRED),THEY DREW A LOTUS FLOWER, AND USE A FINGER TO REPRESENT 10,000.ALL OF THESE WERE MISSING IN YORUBA HIEROGLYPH CHARACTER ON OPA ORANMIYAN. THESE AMONG OTHERS TESTIFY TO SHOW THAT YORUBA WERE NOT FROM EGYPT ORIGINALLY OR FROM WEST AFRICA .THOUGH IT SHOWED THAT THE PEOPLE CALLED YORUBA NOW HAD AT ONE TIME LIVED AROUND EGYPT WITH EVIDENCE IN SOME LANGUAGE SPOKEN WORDS SIMILARITY BUT PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT IDENTITIES.

(1) (Reply)

1904 British Punitive Expedition Against The Obolo (andoni) People & Their God / Alo A Pa Gbe / Tutorial On Making A Flower Brooch With Seed Beads And Pearl Beads.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.