Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,942 members, 7,799,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! (17884 Views)

Cynthia Chizoba Okoye Graduates As Doctor From Tulane University Medical School / Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation / Man Rejected In Nigeria Over Facial Tumour Now A 4th Year Medical Student In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by merake78(m): 8:02am On Mar 14, 2016
Abia State University Teaching Hospital student's revolt!!!!

The doctor's churned out by this institution have been known to serve the state and it's health care needs. The college has produced generation's of sterling doctors. Dr onyebuchi Chukwu, past minister of health is a product of medical school Abia state. That's how old, tested, our institution is, yet!!!!

For 5 weeks , the quarters for medical students, resident doctor's, consultant doctors have been in darkness. How will PHCN cut off a hospital? Where you train doctor's, save lives, there's no light!

How won't people die? How won't students be lackadaisical?

PHCN presented an outrageous bill of 17 million naira for the quarter's, excluding the hospital complex. The hospital administration quietly cut off the light supply to the students and resident doctor's. For 5 weeks , nothing has been done. Sleeping in darkness, reading is difficult.

So today, the student's took a bold step. After endlessly pleading with the hospital administration, the state government, the student's locked the lecture complex. No lectures!! No clinic!! We must be met!!

You cannot train doctor's this way. Spread till this goes viral. It could be your aunt or mother who is the next victim of iatrogenic deaths. You must speak up on behalf of the ones that will one day be responsible for your life.

Long live Abia State Medical School!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by marycool18(f): 9:13am On Mar 14, 2016
Lol just 5weeks? Welcome to Nigeria, where we don't have light for 3 years and we still feel it's normal.

It's so wrong to keep a hospital with the health personnel without light, Mr President you need to fix this PHCN and their outrageous electricity bills.

If the school administration squandered the bill they should be held accountable for it.

I wish our president will stop travelling and pay attention to our problems!

FTC after so many years, means I'm up for some great newssssss!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by queendalyn(f): 9:14am On Mar 14, 2016
ok
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by popesam1(m): 9:14am On Mar 14, 2016
Hmmm. I shake head without moving my neck for nigeria
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by itskings1: 9:15am On Mar 14, 2016
Hmmmm very Bad

Waec 2016/17 time table. [url=naijalite.com/forum2_theme_112242915.xhtml?tema=33]HERE[/url]
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 14, 2016
emergency by d'banj is a jam!

2 Likes

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by adorablepepple(f): 9:15am On Mar 14, 2016
undecided that's how some will drop out of school and become quack doctors. Can't the school Put on Generator for them.
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by IME1: 9:16am On Mar 14, 2016
On a lighter side-
Their placards have legible writings! grin
On a serious note-
Medical students and docs are usually giving preferential treatment cause of the nature of their studies, extent 9f reading and to ensure they have the right disposition in dealing with lives.
So please let the authorities harken to their protests.
God bless doctors for us

8 Likes

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 14, 2016
lol....Nigeria. so them want mke dem dy use candle perform surgery
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Skako(m): 9:17am On Mar 14, 2016
k
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Tinyemeka(m): 9:17am On Mar 14, 2016
ABSU produces the worst set of doctors I know about.

The good consultants at FMC Umuahia attest to that.

2 Likes

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Bsc(m): 9:17am On Mar 14, 2016
The high level of negligence in that hospital is alarming ...Besides my Neigbour who is a Rev's son , No one else who I know made it from that hospital. If Power supply is one of the causes of negligence of patient, then let the relevant authorities do something...
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Sijo01(f): 9:18am On Mar 14, 2016
marycool18:
Why?

Can't you read

1 Like

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 14, 2016
hmmm...
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by adorablepepple(f): 9:19am On Mar 14, 2016
They even locked their class,you people should go home Na. Is it by force
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by streamsofjoy(f): 9:20am On Mar 14, 2016
Tinyemeka:
ABSU produces the worst set of doctors I know about.

The good consultants at FMC Umuahia attest to that.
No o! It's uni ilorin.

6 Likes

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by justi4jesu(f): 9:21am On Mar 14, 2016
popesam1:
Hmmm. I shake head without moving my neck for nigeria

How is that possible? grin grin
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by adorablepepple(f): 9:21am On Mar 14, 2016
marycool18:
Lol just 5weeks? Welcome to Nigeria, where we don't have light for 3 years and we still feel it's normal.

It's so wrong to keep a hospital with the health personnel without light, Mr President you need to fix this PHCN and their outrageous electricity bills.

If the school administration squandered the bill, probe them, stop travelling it's annoying!
Is it your traveling tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Sijo01(f): 9:21am On Mar 14, 2016
Later our polithiefians will say 'Nigeria graduates/youths are not employable'

Provide a conducive learning environment, Nigeria youths will rule the world.

2 Likes

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by shamecurls(m): 9:22am On Mar 14, 2016
Sigh!

Anyways...

My stake remains that Okro soup is better than Ogbono any-day, anytime

1 Like

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by shamecurls(m): 9:24am On Mar 14, 2016
Sigh

Anyways....

My stake is that Oro soup is better than Ogbono anyday!
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by marycool18(f): 9:24am On Mar 14, 2016
Sijo01:

Can't you read

Lol, can i? tongue
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by eagleeye2: 9:24am On Mar 14, 2016
adorablepepple:
undecided that's how some will drop out of school and become quack doctors. Can't the school Put on Generator for them.
And generators will run for 5 weeks non stop without getting faulty?
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Godswillnwaoma(m): 9:27am On Mar 14, 2016
One should tell me reason why I shouldn't hustle for visa I leave this country.
Every sector is messed up.
So many reasons why I support Biafra agitation.
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by sidneyj(m): 9:28am On Mar 14, 2016
welcome to Nigeria where interruption of light is not a problem but u guys should get used to it

well phcl just call off their strike in lagos
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by awa(m): 9:32am On Mar 14, 2016
Abia State again? Shmmmm
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Damfostopper(m): 9:36am On Mar 14, 2016
Federal university shud b d one running medical programmes n not state unis.... Absu na school?
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by popesam1(m): 9:40am On Mar 14, 2016
justi4jesu:

How is that possible? grin grin
Is possible in point of death
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by MadCow1: 9:42am On Mar 14, 2016
How is that ABSU of a place allowed to train Doctors?
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by porshuch: 9:51am On Mar 14, 2016
Dr onyebuchi chukwu was never a product of ABSU, he's a product of UNILAG, He was former CMD of national orthopaedic hospital Enugu. So OP take note.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Leaked WASSCE Papers: Website Operator Reacts, Threatens Punchman / Pupils Sit And Lie On Floor In Akwa-Ibom Communities’ Schools / University Of Lagos (UNILAG) To Establish Refineries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.