Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria (38525 Views)

How To Make Money From Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria / My terrible experience with skrill / 8 Mistakes I Made Starting Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria That You Should Avoid! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by JohnNgene: 11:51am On May 20, 2016
evolg:
My experience with them wasn't as crazy as urs tho. After my Nysc, i stayed back in Porthacourt really hoping to get a good job n settle down...so one of diz days of job-hunting...I stumbled on diz wall advert dt says "Can you work in NNPC? Call 080******* #200,000 per month" Trust me, I was a bit skeptical abt it bt a part of me cudnt jst ignore d 6 digits figure n considering d fact dt i was new to d job hunting market...I immediately cald d number, it was a guy, he told me to send my name,e-mail and location to his phone right away...again i felt a little uneasy abt d fact dt i av to send my house address to som1 i dnt even knw...den a part of me reminded me if truly i needed dt "oyel money". So i sent d details to him...#2 weeks after# I was invited for an interview with "NNPC" at a stipulated address. I immediately took my white shirt and black trousers to d drycleaner, Ironed and well starched. On d day of interview, got up as early as 5am in order to beat traffic, tuk ma bath...by 6:10am i was out of d house so i can get to d venue b4 9am which ws wen d interview will commence. Traffic dt day ws crazy, i felt lyk i cud use dt my "GTA cheat-Rocketman" to get to d interview venue as fast as possible. To cut d long story short, i got to d stipulated address, i saw old men, old women, young men who were on suit n tie jst lyk me, it ws a mixed multitude. I cudnt rightly place wot it lukd lyk, a church crusade? Agbero meeting? Community elders' council? I was confused den i quickly walked towards one of d guys on suit n asked him if he was also here for d NNPC interview, he sed no o. His was GTB. i was shocked to my bones. At dt time, i knew somtin ws wrong...I told d guy, i was leaving, e persuaded me to wait so we can see wot diz ppl were up to...dt ws d annoying part; succumbing to his persuasion. To cut d long story short, it ws after 5hours of dia fruitless rant dt i realised i've been tricked to come for a GNLD seminar. I just "jejely" carried myself and somnolently went back to my house embittered.

My brother, this your story made me laugh so hard. Lol. You'll make a good writer and people will gladly pay to read your humour.

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:52am On May 20, 2016
Penny wise things.
Me am not even great at communicating with strangers, talkless of making them part with their hardearned money and most of my goons are broke...so i don't even bother when am invited, cos i was too broke to be bothered. But i thank God, i don dey chop bread with peanut butter small small now and am content

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Laredojohn(m): 11:54am On May 20, 2016
I never trusted them for once, they are more like the wonder banks of then, u must bring in people and make sure those u bring in also bring in people...for how long will that go, they use different products to deceive u, the moment those in your downline are not getting people, u get stocked, someone in the pyramid losses at last...they come with different tricks and name, those who introduce you say they have made millions with no alert to prove, except for the already rich who use their wealth to buy the stages and get to the top, the common person, remains in same position for years. Soo sad, Govt. Should kick against this things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by laginks: 12:01pm On May 20, 2016
[size=20pt]Men run oh....
I can Neva understand how people fall for such scam...
I had a cuisine who was a phone repairer in the north, all of a sudden the guy go east start this networking thing.
Before you say jack the guy don hammer big time.. The idea is that to make it you must be one of the organisers or owners of the networking scheme so that you make your money early and dissapear... While those on the lower levels loose out...
I had to recently unfriendly someone on Facebook who won't let me rest with messages about helping hand international... I say if its so easy to win laptop and brand new phones, why I Neva see your own...rubbish..
[/size]

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by nov19(m): 12:03pm On May 20, 2016
themall:
Tell me more about this. Am doing some research for my folks and Alliance in Motion came up. You mean all the claims are fake?

The reason why people FAIL in MLM is the same reason why 98 out of 100 persons Fail in Life...

It's has nothing to do with the industry or economy or business it's just a problem of ATTITUDE..

MLM Marketing is not for everyone... and if u are scared to market, do presentation, Work like hell, draw up u r personal plan to financial freedom and follow it to the latter... With commitment, Persistence and a drive for success... then it's better you stick to your normal day job 8am to 5pm. because MLM is not for you....

Before you ever join any network marketing group ....
take your time to research properly..
take a sheet of paper and apply your comMon sense to determining whether or not u can succeed in it or not...

thousands of Nigerians hava made it big in MLM in Nigeria... All you need to do is find them... and seek their advise and tell them to show you real proof....

Just because you did not succeed in something does not make it scam... After all ... These companies are virtually in all the continents...

And if truly they are scam... The governments of these countries including Nigeria would have stop them from operating..

MLM is not Baba Ijebu or Football betting ... its a real business for serious minded people ...

10 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by rita25(f): 12:10pm On May 20, 2016
now we have oriflamme,longrich,helping hands international,them boku boku they will promise you dollars and trips with cheques and

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Evalily(f): 12:11pm On May 20, 2016
Better fear...If not when you enter your eyes go open like "Oh my goodness ave been duped"
olusola11:
I am presently serving amd some of the corpers i met there had already started to introduce me to one called tr**o. Buh wit this ehn, i dey fear ooo

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Tocheagle(m): 12:12pm On May 20, 2016
PEOPLE FAIL AT MLM BECAUSE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND IT AND THEY THINK ITS A GET RICH QUICK PROGRAM . The Op is definately someone who lost and like the devil is looking for people to fall with him . I currently earn 6 figures monthly and I am a proof that mlm Is real . Lots of Nigerians who are making it are not here on Nairaland crying . B4 you condemn something try and understand it . Its just like saying football is a useless game because Nigeria did not qualify for afcon despite her efforts . Jeez , why Is this forum populated by loosers .

6 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Tocheagle(m): 12:15pm On May 20, 2016
nov19:

The reason why people FAIL in MLM is the same reason why 98 out of 100 persons Fail in Life...

It's has nothing to do with the industry or economy or business it's just a problem of ATTITUDE..

MLM Marketing is not for everyone... and if u are scared to market, do presentation, Work like hell, draw up u r personal plan to financial freedom and follow it to the latter... With commitment, Persistence and a drive for success... then it's better you stick to your normal day job 8am to 5pm. because MLM is not for you....

Before you ever join any network marketing group ....
take your time to research properly..
take a sheet of paper and apply your comMon sense to determining whether or not u can succeed in it or not...

thousands of Nigerians hava made it big in MLM in Nigeria... All you need to do is find them... and seek their advise and tell them to show you real proof....

Just because you did not succeed in something does not make it scam... After all ... These companies are virtually in all the continents...

And if truly they are scam... The governments of these countries including Nigeria would have stop them from operating..

MLM is not Baba Ijebu or Football betting ... its a real business for serious minded people ...
God Bless You , don't mind these loosers who have failed and have decided to paint the business in bad colours . Am an MLM success myself . The fact that a student fails an exam doesn't mean the school or education as a whole is evil

5 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by kushma(m): 12:24pm On May 20, 2016
Menzy86:
and its my bday too. Happy birthday twin.
happy
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Tocheagle(m): 12:27pm On May 20, 2016
souladot:
On a normal day, I wouldn't post on this topic. Buh for the sake of the public let me help clarify issues here.
The OP made a point here by talking about HER experience. It's personalized. And it's not the same experience for everybody involved in MLM.

Most people get involved to make quick cash. And that isn't what MLM promises. It's not all about money. It's not a get-rich-quickly scheme. Just like a new business, you norture till it grows and survives the 5-year failure probability.
MLM promises gradual financial growth, till you become financially independent. This cannot happen in 1 day or 1 month.
MLM promises personal development, which is a great asset. It opens the heavens of your mind.
MLM promises rejection. Many will say NO to you. Get braced for it, and you'll be better off to handle such.
MLM promises global connection and recognition. Some people just wanna travel round the world.
Just a few here

MLM is infact what everyone does, just that many don't get paid for it, they don't enjoy the benefits listed above. You get something, you love it, you tell your friends about it. You help many companies spread their products around without any benefit from the company.

We can't ignore the fact that many people involved in MLM are there to play a fast one on others, thereby soiling the integrity of the companies they represent. Buh there good MLM companies out there. A good one allows for overtaking, so not all are pyramid schemes.

Networking buyers and sellers together is the business of this age. If you willing to learn and grow and become a winner someday, explore all options. Don't have a closed mindset. Ask questions rather than condemn. Understanding is key.

To your success.
May God Bless Your wisdom . No wonder Nairaland is full of poor peepz .They saw it as a get rich quick scheme . How come bill gated , kiyosaki , carlos slim helu etc are always recommending it . The worst set of people to associate yourself with are those who have lost in life . Most of these people condemning mlm will rather work for somebody than themselves then they complain of life, govt , etc . Even the BIBLE says "my people are destroyed for lack of UNDERSTANDING" .

3 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Jyde81: 12:27pm On May 20, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
instead of going into any multivlevels nonsense i will rather hawk kulikuli in ijebu land cos i know i will be better off in single level marketting than any multi level rubbish
Oya statt hawking nah! My peopke perish for lack of understanding. Most of the people talking ignorantly here are just ignorant of how MLM works and the benefits. I don't blame them but i blame the society that those not know the tenets of hardwork and working smartly and creatively to achieve your financial goals. I am a banker(marketer) and at the same time do AIM Global and i can tell u all that it is worthwhile because u have the leverage to tap into ur networks to gain financial freedom. Youths these days in Nigeria are wired up to be lazy and expect life will give them financial freedom on a platter of gokd, it foes not work that way. U must build the business gradually like blocks before u can succeed in MLM and the more u begin to succeed the less effort u will need to put into the business as time goes on because u would have also built other business leaders along the way. I attend to my AIM business everyday from 6pm after work to around 8pm. It is commitment, it is passion, it is dedication and so how can i fail. In MLM you succeed together as against individually which makes the task easier. You hold regular meetings, discuss strategies on growing the business, set weekly, monthly and quarterly targets for your team members etc. Check out your results using these strategies in 6 months time and u will be amazed on what u will achieve.....AIM Global is real and it works only for serious people and not the lazy ones.....Thank you

3 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Jyde81: 12:32pm On May 20, 2016
SPDAZZY:

Yes, you will have profits but the root of mlm is in the network not marketing. And for you to have residual income(this is not immediate), you will need a team such that when your team is developed, it won't require little or no effort from you yet you earn a lot.

This could take at least 4 years to build and achieve. The beauty in mlm is not immediate, it is a gradual progress, just like any other business. It is not a get rich quick scheme.
Good bless u for this analysis. You understand how it works. Nigerians want quick quick wealth without learning valuable lessons along the way and yhat is why yhe country is where it is today. Nobody wants to build or persevere but just wants to enjoy. Life does not work that way....

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by eugyno80(m): 12:32pm On May 20, 2016
It's sad to note that a couple of Network/Multilevel marketing companies have been engaging in shady practices in Nigeria. One must be cautious about these companies.
Truth be told though, alot businesses are rife with one form of scam or the other and the Multi-level marketing industry is no different.
However, in this matter however, there are some basic rules/knowledge that needs to be clearly understood before you venture into this business.
Judging by most of the comments here, a whole lot of you guys think it's a get-rich-quick/Pyramid scheme. Why not ask dear Google for the basic definitions of these? She'd gladly instruct you. For all y'all putting down "MLM" business as fake, we'll, I'd say this: ignorance/lack of knowledge is the cause of your myopic views.
Every business is a "system". You need to study this system carefully. The company that set up this system should be carefully examined and proven results should be clearly evident. MLM is real and is changing lives around this good here ol' country. Most of the peeps here that are whining are so Lazy... they want to get rich overnight. They fail to study the basic principles/rules of MLM. Armed with a king-sized greed and a Lust for easy money, they dabble and get their fingers burnt in the process. Then they come here to rant. Sad right? Open your eyes! You wanna know more Abt MLM? Why not consult a pro? 08110831350.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by GambaOsaka: 12:37pm On May 20, 2016
Forever Living products
GNLD
Ruzu......

Abeg .... all na scam.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by marcopollo(m): 12:50pm On May 20, 2016
ovieigho:
getaway club chop my 36k in 2008 and the painful thing is that I lured my friend who also parted with 36k to it....
you see, the problem with the vulnerable in the country is the govt has failed to protect them from some kind of imformations they consume and act upon, even on radios you see self aclaimed herbal healer advertising , information marketers that are not tested market on radio too and flees people of their hard earned money. it is bad and I think govt should regulate information's and advert that find its way into our radio stations
Didn't you hear the name? Getaway.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by onyxo76(m): 12:52pm On May 20, 2016
Peacetemi:
I didnt attend the seminar, I was in school so I had to pay an extra amount for her to send me some videos about the whole stuff. I got the videos, paid for the prog, she confirmed my payment, and that was it. She never replied my mails thereafter.
that is the reason why i just lost interest with the whole thing i don't even open mails regarding that prog again, so does this shopandbepaid scheme sound real, shop once and get paid again and again?
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by realunclej(m): 12:55pm On May 20, 2016
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Olusea11(m): 1:04pm On May 20, 2016
blazingcash:

Well there is no gain saying the fact that a lot of Nigerians have had their own often bitter experiences with the whole network marketing saga.

But World's richest billionaire, Bill Gates said "if i would be given a chance to start all over again, i would choose NETWORK MARKETING" meaning even if you take all his billions today, with network marketing he will bounce back to be world's richest man again. How inspiring!!! If you must know, network marketing is the reason why Bill sleeps and wakes up everyday $4 million richer, doing nothing.

That is to tell you that regardless your opinions, network marketing is the koko when it comes to financial freedom. Now, I respect your skepticism though about this particular business concept, and why most Nigerians don't want to have anything to do with anything that appears to be like a networking stuff, or like they put it "MLM" (even if the scheme is only wearing the monkey jacket of networking,most Nigerians immediately take to their heels) taking cognizance of your respective experiences, but i will like to ask you this question - does the fact that cars are prone to having accidents stop you from buying one if you have the money? Like in debates that year, 'i leave that question for my opponents to answer' lol.

Friends the truth is, if you really want to experience a difference in something, you just have to try out something new because like the popular adage goes "you can't expect to have a different result when you keep doing the same thing" or however it is put..lol.

But what I'm trying to buttress here is that in a network marketing system, you work with people and like Pam Moore said "you can never go wrong by investing in communities and the human beings within them". In every network of people, your success is assured by the joint effort of everybody which is so much better because personally i would love to earn 1% of everybody's effort than 100% of my own effort. I don't know about you but that's what i would prefer and i think you should. Networking and investment always go pari pasu, meaning haven created a network, there has to be an investment into that network, which is but a token to what you stand to gain back in a matter of time.

Network marketing really is what we all need to get to that status where every person in the system is financially independent as a result of the joint efforts of team members.

Now let's look at the statistics, 75% of America's economy is composed of small and medium scale enterprises which are a small network of people serving as a feeder matrix for the bigger dogs. Lemme not get too technical here, but basically that is why till tomorrow America's economy will remain strong because the cash flow in her system circulates within people, unlike here in our beloved country where some persons are ontop of the bullion van while others are.... Well you know the rest...lol.

Now upon my critical observations over time, you will realise that the most parts of the complains about network marketing comes from networks which often time are engaged in the buying and selling of products. Although am not condemning here, but the reality is that when members cannot meet a particular sale volume for the month, you see that they are not given their due reward or worse still are made to retrogress haven attained some level before. And that's the part that's really not cool. And exactly why the complains come.

Another thing is that most Nigerians fail to critically consider and re-consider the sustainability plan of these different networks springing up on a daily. Once the offer seems enticing to them,they just jump on it, without checking to see if the firm has the potential to be sustained over time. Now when the network crashes tomorrow, you see members who fell victims come out to generalize that anything called network marketing is a scam, trying to even poison the minds of those who are interested in trying out a network for themselves, when they have not done their basic fundamental ground work and analysis. I consider such claims totally outrageous. So for me, sustainability is one major thing i look out for before joining any network regardless her enticing offer. And you should too.

Networking in itself isn't such a bad thing to try one out today. All you have to do is ensure you first carry out the basic check of certain criteria. And i can stand to tell you that authoritatively that although there still exist the bad eggs, but not all networks are the same.

I studied chemical engineering uniben, done with nysc (served in rivers state) nd was cds president of my cds group. Still in port Harcourt, I joined a network that has really been a blessing to me and today, some of my cds members and ex president colleagues as well joined in and are making their money for themselves, totally forgotten their days of skepticism. Here, there is no buying and selling of any products whatsoever (because i particularly hated the thought of moving up and down the street trying to market any products) and there is no monthly sale volume you have to meet up with. Also, here, overtaking is very much allowed unlike some networks where you never grow past the person that introduced you, because of their pyramid set up. I personally overtook my upline so i know exactly what I'm talking about. And here, we are a TEAM. As at when i told the principal of the school i served with about the network, she immediately joined and also registered 6 members of her family same day and aside her salary,she's making her cool money too. She even told me of her first alert that she got and i could see the excitement all over her face.

Now I'm not saying all these to try to convince anyone to come join.No. i believe that our lives is a product of the choices we make and that the choices we make today goes a long to shapen our future tomorrow. All networks are not the same, u just have to be in the right one. That's my take. The only difference between a rich and a poor man in our society today is opportunity. Make wise use of the ones that come your way today so you can have a shelter for your future tomorrow. Remember if you don't make up your mind to be at the top, nobody will take you there. and Joining a network today can make the whole process to the top faster for you.

I still get paid. You think its too good to be true, i still get paid,. You join me,we both get paid. And if you don't join me, i still get paid. Because of time and space, You could reach me on 08136639283 so we talk more

like u said we should do more research on mlm b4 condemning...pls what is d name of the mlm company u join
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by SPDAZZY(f): 1:08pm On May 20, 2016
teeboy03:
You still haven't answered my question.

Take this scenario.

I am to bring 3 people to join but instead of looking for 3 people, I decide to pay up for the 3 people.
if I continue in this cycle, will I still be in profit.

Take this scenario:

If Adenuga decides to buy up all his Glo Sims instead of selling them, and he get the immediate profit, what happens in the long run. Or if Seun decides to do all the posting on nairaland instead of making it a forum.

Nairaland as a forum has grown better than blogs because in most blogs, it is only the owner who does the bulk of the work. But a forum like nairaland thrives on collective effort. Today Seun can sleep all day yet he has RESIDUAL income cos you and I, just like a team is building it. That is network. The beauty of network is in team work and RESIDUAL income.

Every business thrives on network. Someone introduced me to nairaland. It is just that most times we do it unconsciously and there is no monetary reward for it.

Like I said earlier, use the money and sponsor the 3 people, have a team, your collective effort will work.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by realunclej(m): 1:13pm On May 20, 2016
First, I belief you'd have to be living under a rock to never run into someone involved in multi-level marketing (MLM) (sometimes referred to as direct sales or network marketing). In reply to her post, I am going to point out 11 facts from her statement which shows that she will never have made it with MLM or network marketing.

Point #1: A friend approached me to say she had a brilliant idea on how I can get rich quickly.
MLM that promote get-rich-quick syndrome is a scam. Like any other business, small or large, MLM or network marketing requires time, effort and entrepreneurial skills. A MLM program that don't promote these qualities is a scam. But of course she was carried away with the promise to get rich quick.

Point #2: She was going to give me a new range of consumer products that sells thrice the cost price.

Just think about it, does it not sound too true to belief? A products that sells thrice the cost price. Honestly, I would have walked away because that sounds like greed to me. But of course she was carried away by the greed in the statement.

Point #3: The more sellers I introduce under the scheme, the higher my profit.

This is a pointer to the fact that this is a business that will succeed on your ability to convince others or communicate better. The question is are you a good sales person? If not do you acquire the right skills? I can bet that she failed because she didn't understand what network marketing is all about before she venture into it.

Point #4: I have had a bitter experience with this multi-level marketing, network marketing or whatever it is called.
This statement is an indication that you really do not know what you were getting into before you jumped in. For instance, MLM means you get paid on multi-level of income while network marketing means their is a group of people who share common interest and market inside that network. Like every business, for you to succeed, you need to do a lot of research to know what you are getting into. People make many mistakes when starting in MLM. Some don't research the company or product. Others don't read the contract they sign. Many newbies rely on the information provided by their sponsor. This is a problem because even the best sponsor won't be able to cover every little detail, and of course, some sponsors fail to disclose everything (in which case, you don't want that sponsor.). Problems people experience in MLM due to failure to research or study the contract is their fault, not MLM.

Point #5: We sold most of our shares in the stock market to fund.
I don't know what is your motivation to invest all your money into starting a MLM. However, many people join MLM because compared to many other businesses, the investment is small. Franchises and business opportunities run in the thousands just for the start-up. Because the start-up investment in MLM is much smaller than in traditional small business, it's also easier to quit. It's easier to walk away from a $100 than $5,000 or $25,000.

Point #6: I remember when a rich uncle gave me my twenty thousand naira and my dad used all of it to get the IFFA forms so I could issue out to my classmates.
Is that some sound marketing plan? Did your Dad find out if your classmates need the forms before investing? That is an indication that you may be lacking in some marketing plan. Meanwhile, another person may take the same form and sell it to your classmates. The fact that you do not have a clear-cut marketing plan is no other people's fault, it's simply lack of experience in the business you venture into.

Point #7: We spent weekends attending nerve-racking motivational rallies held by the stinking rich organisers of IFFA who rode on the ignorance of people like us to get to where they are.
I will say point of correction, they didn't ride on the ignorance of people like you to get to where they are. Ask them they will tell you patience, perseverance, hardwork, entrepreneurial skills, attention-to-details plays important part in they success. Meanwhile, those nerve-racking motivational rallies are design for you to learn the skills to succeed, to expand your network and to build your personal intellectual capacity. I supposed you miss the objective of those seminars hence I can safely conclude that you were not an active participant.

Point #8: And where were the so -called organisers?
London, today;
Paris, tomorrow;
America during the weekend;
Because they worked hard and persevered unlike our lazy asses.
I think that sound contradictory to the point you were trying to make but I am happy you spot what it takes to succeed in any business. You mention they worked hard and persevered unlike our lazy asses. Let me also mention that this days people don't just work hard, they work smart and without cutting corners and achieve success faster. It depends on your ingenuity.

Point #9: That was a 2’1 graduate of Electrical Engineering who started his service year with an aspiration of working with a multinational company and he’s was just going to abandon that beautiful dream to sell bitter coffee after he had been brainwashed.
While I am not saying that the coffee business will work for him, the fact that MLM or network marketing does not work for you does not mean it will not work for others. Besides, there are many 1st class graduates out there roaming the street. After many years of frustration, many go into apprenticeship. Plus where is the job out there. The Police advertise job position for 10,000 and in less than a month over 1million have applied. Even the IGP have to say he was surprised that Nigerians love the Police job that much. For instance, according to the Direct Selling Association, over 18 million Americans are involved in direct sales, adding $34 million to the economy in 2014. Those aren't small numbers. And some young Nigerians (graduates or no graduates) are becoming 1st generation millionaires from network marketing.

Point #10: Currently, anyone who approaches my family house and mentions the words, ‘network marketing’ or ‘multi-level stands the risk of being stoned to death.
Well, that is your own opinion but let me ask you a question. If you ate a bad meal at a restaurant, does that mean you will not eat again?

On a final note, I will leave you with some food for thought questions.
1. If you look back at the bad experience you have, does that bad experience equal I am not good at sales, does it equal network marketing is bad, does it equal vitamin is bad?
2. Based on available statistics, do you think network marketing works not for you but do you think the industry works?
3. Do people need products or services?
4. Have you ever recommend someone to do something based on how it works for you?

Conclusion
To be clear, MLM is a viable home-based business opportunity. Anyone interested in selling a product to generate income has the ability to achieve success. With that said, is crucial to research and investigate the company and products thoroughly to make sure that it's not a scam, and also, that it's a product and system you feel you can promote. There are many single-level marketing (selling products without a recruiting component) companies where the likelihood for generating income is much higher than typical MLM statistics. This is because compensation comes solely through selling products (no down-lines, minimums or recruitment tactics). Additionally, some MLM companies are product-centric and have compensation plans designed around richly rewarding product sales.

Meanwhile you can leave your comment on my view in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3117035/re-terrible-experience-multilevel-marketing

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by SunkyAde: 1:21pm On May 20, 2016
Abeg leave the failures and losers in mlm. Let them keep sharing cvs on the streets of Lagos and continue saying yes sir for 20 years to their younger brothers age mate. If i could leave banking and succeed in mlm, anyone who desires more in life can do it. Let them continue to look for quick money and bad mouthing other people's success. What else are the current Nigerian youths useful for. Mtshwwww *Waka pass abeg*

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by realunclej(m): 1:25pm On May 20, 2016
SunkyAde:
Abeg leave the failures and losers in mlm. Let them keep sharing cvs on the streets of Lagos and continue saying yes sir for 20 years to their younger brothers age mate. If i could leave banking and succeed in mlm, anyone who desires more in life can do it. Let them continue to look for quick money and bad mouthing other people's success. What else are the current Nigerian youths useful for. Mtshwwww *Waka pass abeg*
Good point their. Meanwhile you can leave your comment on my view in this thread - Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria By Naijasinglegi - https://www.nairaland.com/3117035/re-terrible-experience-multilevel-marketing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 20, 2016
blazingcash:

Well there is no gain saying the fact that a lot of Nigerians have had their own often bitter experiences with the whole network marketing saga.

But World's richest billionaire, Bill Gates said "if i would be given a chance to start all over again, i would choose NETWORK MARKETING" meaning even if you take all his billions today, with network marketing he will bounce back to be world's richest man again. How inspiring!!! If you must know, network marketing is the reason why Bill sleeps and wakes up everyday $4 million richer, doing nothing.

That is to tell you that regardless your opinions, network marketing is the koko when it comes to financial freedom. Now, I respect your skepticism though about this particular business concept, and why most Nigerians don't want to have anything to do with anything that appears to be like a networking stuff, or like they put it "MLM" (even if the scheme is only wearing the monkey jacket of networking,most Nigerians immediately take to their heels) taking cognizance of your respective experiences, but i will like to ask you this question - does the fact that cars are prone to having accidents stop you from buying one if you have the money? Like in debates that year, 'i leave that question for my opponents to answer' lol.

Friends the truth is, if you really want to experience a difference in something, you just have to try out something new because like the popular adage goes "you can't expect to have a different result when you keep doing the same thing" or however it is put..lol.

But what I'm trying to buttress here is that in a network marketing system, you work with people and like Pam Moore said "you can never go wrong by investing in communities and the human beings within them". In every network of people, your success is assured by the joint effort of everybody which is so much better because personally i would love to earn 1% of everybody's effort than 100% of my own effort. I don't know about you but that's what i would prefer and i think you should. Networking and investment always go pari pasu, meaning haven created a network, there has to be an investment into that network, which is but a token to what you stand to gain back in a matter of time.

Network marketing really is what we all need to get to that status where every person in the system is financially independent as a result of the joint efforts of team members.

Now let's look at the statistics, 75% of America's economy is composed of small and medium scale enterprises which are a small network of people serving as a feeder matrix for the bigger dogs. Lemme not get too technical here, but basically that is why till tomorrow America's economy will remain strong because the cash flow in her system circulates within people, unlike here in our beloved country where some persons are ontop of the bullion van while others are.... Well you know the rest...lol.

Now upon my critical observations over time, you will realise that the most parts of the complains about network marketing comes from networks which often time are engaged in the buying and selling of products. Although am not condemning here, but the reality is that when members cannot meet a particular sale volume for the month, you see that they are not given their due reward or worse still are made to retrogress haven attained some level before. And that's the part that's really not cool. And exactly why the complains come.

Another thing is that most Nigerians fail to critically consider and re-consider the sustainability plan of these different networks springing up on a daily. Once the offer seems enticing to them,they just jump on it, without checking to see if the firm has the potential to be sustained over time. Now when the network crashes tomorrow, you see members who fell victims come out to generalize that anything called network marketing is a scam, trying to even poison the minds of those who are interested in trying out a network for themselves, when they have not done their basic fundamental ground work and analysis. I consider such claims totally outrageous. So for me, sustainability is one major thing i look out for before joining any network regardless her enticing offer. And you should too.

Networking in itself isn't such a bad thing to try one out today. All you have to do is ensure you first carry out the basic check of certain criteria. And i can stand to tell you that authoritatively that although there still exist the bad eggs, but not all networks are the same.

I studied chemical engineering uniben, done with nysc (served in rivers state) nd was cds president of my cds group. Still in port Harcourt, I joined a network that has really been a blessing to me and today, some of my cds members and ex president colleagues as well joined in and are making their money for themselves, totally forgotten their days of skepticism. Here, there is no buying and selling of any products whatsoever (because i particularly hated the thought of moving up and down the street trying to market any products) and there is no monthly sale volume you have to meet up with. Also, here, overtaking is very much allowed unlike some networks where you never grow past the person that introduced you, because of their pyramid set up. I personally overtook my upline so i know exactly what I'm talking about. And here, we are a TEAM. As at when i told the principal of the school i served with about the network, she immediately joined and also registered 6 members of her family same day and aside her salary,she's making her cool money too. She even told me of her first alert that she got and i could see the excitement all over her face.

Now I'm not saying all these to try to convince anyone to come join.No. i believe that our lives is a product of the choices we make and that the choices we make today goes a long to shapen our future tomorrow. All networks are not the same, u just have to be in the right one. That's my take. The only difference between a rich and a poor man in our society today is opportunity. Make wise use of the ones that come your way today so you can have a shelter for your future tomorrow. Remember if you don't make up your mind to be at the top, nobody will take you there. and Joining a network today can make the whole process to the top faster for you.

I still get paid. You think its too good to be true, i still get paid,. You join me,we both get paid. And if you don't join me, i still get paid. Because of time and space, You could reach me on 08136639283 so we talk more
OK
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by suyamasta(m): 1:55pm On May 20, 2016
themall:
Tell me more. These people are on every radio station in Lagos. I know their names. So they are lying? I want to cut my loses. They said SHOP ONCE EARN FOREVER? Why have these companies not been been exposed like the pyramid schemes of the 90s?
Their mode of presentation is quite convincing but my spirit feels otherwise
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by suyamasta(m): 1:57pm On May 20, 2016
uboma:

my neighbour is nolonger on talking terms with me simply because i refused to join the Alliance for motion ishiiii.
The man tried all he could to no avail.
I am still waiting to see when he will be cruising his jeep though..... lol
Personally i dont fall for these ponzi schemes.

Lol actually those who get in very early will hit some good returns but after sometime e go com clear for evrerybody eyes
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Charlesberry(m): 2:01pm On May 20, 2016
pweeryambre:
It's kinda really hard making good money with Network marketing... have a friend been trying to get me into one called Trevo or something, it's like a can of drink sold at an expensive amount..
my brother inlaw has his room filled with toilet soaps from Gnld that he desperately tries to sell everyday to his Co workers and everybody else.
Bro, trevo is d best among all. Try to learn it, you wouldn't regret it. I bet you
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 20, 2016
suyamasta:
Their mode of presentation is quite convincing but my spirit feels otherwise
Chai, Chai, Chai. But I guess one take-a-chance sometimes

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Charlesberry(m): 2:13pm On May 20, 2016
stanliwise:

You might think you are making sense with what you are saying but the truth is this:
The people are the top are those who really understand multi-level marketing and what they do is to bring in brainwashed illiterate who will pour in their hard earn money into a business that they were promised would fetch them billion in few month.

If multi-level marketing would educated and train people about multi-level marketing then it would then be a sure way to escape poverty. And not by brainwashing them.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, non but ourself can free our mind.

I laughed mechanically. Mlm company got different compensation and different matrix okay. D r some dat only applied to your reply to my contribution but they're some that's different. Like I said earlier understand the biz and forget about d pictures and funny seminars you've seen so far. Study what's mlm or networking and also study closely ab matrix in mlm like single matrix, binary n so on. Know d advantages n disadvantages. You can say whatever you like. I'm into one and wouldn't regret about it. Choose ya path. God has given you that power so I have choose mine. Choose yours and do something about it. #peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business / Hilarious Shopping Plaza With Different Business Options (Caption Yours) Pics / Customers, Bank Staff Fight Over BVN Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.