Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same (37671 Views)

Okada Man Who Took Tramadol In Delta State Falls (Photos) / Deleted / Why Are They Taking Tramadol? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by Joygalore(f): 1:57pm On Mar 17, 2016
You are 100% right.Tramadol can cause seizure
Gabreal1:
But I've seen several other people with same case of seizure caused by tramadol after me, could all be due to high fever?
Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by lepasharon(f): 1:58pm On Mar 17, 2016
Ganjafama:
Tramadol is a baby compared to weed. Weed also has a higher painkilling abilty than Tramadol.

Hmm. Imma need to try it...
Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by stevecantrell: 2:11pm On Mar 17, 2016
Joygalore:
Sorry,tramadol is not an NSAID but an opioid analgesic stronger than NSAID.Yes,tramadol can cause seizure

Sorry, but is tramadol a steroid ?
I usually classify non steroid pain killers under the NSAIDs. It all depends on the environment you work. Are u a pharmacist ? Apologies then.

As for seizures...I never said its impossible but I said it could increase the risk. In the case of the young man it was clearly febrile seizure due to untreated malaria. Comprende ?
Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by Joygalore(f): 2:25pm On Mar 17, 2016
No,Tramadol is not a steriod.
Analgesics are divided into 2 groups:NSAIDs(non steroid anti-inflammatory drugs) and Opiods (this also has sub division).Their mechanism of action and indications are different.Opioid are for moderate to severe pain.
I am a Doctor.
stevecantrell:

Sorry, but is tramadol a steroid ?
I usually classify non steroid pain killers under the NSAIDs. It all depends on the environment you work. Are u a pharmacist ? Apologies then.

As for seizures...I never said its impossible but I said it could increase the risk. In the case of the young man it was clearly febrile seizure due to untreated malaria. Comprende ?

2 Likes

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by stevecantrell: 2:31pm On Mar 17, 2016
Joygalore:
No,Tramadol is not a steriod.
Analgesics are divided into 2 groups:NSAIDs(non steroid anti-inflammatory drugs) and Opiods (this also has sub division).Their mechanism of action and indications are different.Opioid are for moderate to severe pain.
I am a Doctor.

Yes, we have already established tramadol can never be a steroid. That's why it is Non-steroidal.
As long as you understand Tramadol did not cause seizures in the young man I'm cool with that.
Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by krak101(m): 2:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
Baroba:
I was prescribed tramadol when I had an appendicectomy, I felt nauseaous and dizzy all day plus the vomiting that accompanied it..These are actually well known side effects, but am not prepared to go through such horrifc experience again..

Well done OP, let's hope others learn from your experience.. In the part of the world I stay, tramadol is not something you just buy over the counter from your local Chemist/ pharmacist.. You can earn yourself a prison sentence if caught with narcotics..

I will advice you to report those criminals offering these drugs without prescription to appropriate authorities, that's the only way can curb this menance of drug abuse..
... Wake up to reality. This is NAIJA

1 Like

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by Joygalore(f): 3:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
Tramadol can never be classified as NSAID,bub.
Of no use arguing with you because I am sure you ain't in the medical line
stevecantrell:

Yes, we have already established tramadol can never be a steroid. That's why it is Non-steroidal.
As long as you understand Tramadol did not cause seizures in the young man I'm cool with that.

2 Likes

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by lloydpras: 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2016
Smh! See yourself! Na u won kill yourself na..As a Beginner u used 200mg...u later upgraded to 300mg that's around the level of dosages used on patients undergoing surgery.
Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by stevecantrell: 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2016
Joygalore:
Tramadol can never be classified as NSAID,bub.
Of no use arguing with you because I am sure you ain't in the medical line

Yep I knew I was talking to a foo"l...
Look congrats on being the first dr in your entire lineage..but I have a painful truth...you're not the only one in the world and many will not share the same opinion as you just to boost your ego. In fact you sound like you graduated yesterday.
Your response is rather childish, grow up !

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2016
lloydpras:
Smh! See yourself! Na u won kill yourself na..As a Beginner u used 200mg...u later upgraded to 300mg that's around the level of dosages used on patients undergoing surgery.

So what will u say about guys popping 5-800 mg?
I wish u saw this site I saw where ppl who laid their compliant concerning this drug. U would have seen ppl popping 800 - 1600 mg at d end of d day. Na there I know say my case small.

1 Like

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by lepasharon(f): 3:50pm On Mar 17, 2016
stevecantrell:

Tramadol is an OPIOD. Are you implying because tramadol is not a steroid, It belongs to NSAID? NSAID are a class of painkillers on their own

1 Like

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by lepasharon(f): 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2016
stevecantrell:

Look congrats on being the first dr in your entire lineage..but I have a painful truth...you're not the only one in the world and many will not share the same opinion as you just to boost your ego. In fact you sound like you graduated yesterday.

What warranted this response?

Tramadol is not NSAID. That is a fact what is opinion about that?! She corrected you and said she was a doctor so you could know she knows what she's talking about..jhezee

1 Like

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by DavidRossi: 4:00pm On Mar 17, 2016
lepasharon:

Tramadol is an OPIOD

I think We all know. Medical an non-medical folks alike.

Everyone should know that and I didn't think he was trying to say otherwise. An OPIATE isn't a steroid that's all I can gather from that. He never said it wasn't. He did not disagree with her that opiate isn't a steroid, did he ?

Did you even agree that malaria can cause seizures or you just want to shine too ?

I've been following this guys posts and the medical advice he gives is just great, easy to understand and follow. Both my parents are doctors. I know he mentioned he's a doctor many times on this forum so your friend was simply being childish and rude.

Why are people unecessarily argumentative ?
Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by lloydpras: 4:03pm On Mar 17, 2016
rickyalphonsus:

I wish u saw this site I saw where ppl who laid their compliant concerning this drug. U would have seen ppl popping 800 - 1600 mg at d end of d day. Na there I know say my case small.

Whoa! 800-1600mg??...they are Dead & Gone already.

I kinda take strictly 50mg once/twice in a week. Self-discipline matters.

My Friend's Gateman died last year, he was a mad Tramadol addict. He takes a whole 100mg sachet daily, (that's like 1000mg). The first time I saw him, I told my friend "this guy is "walking dead"....wasn't surprised when I heard the news about his death...
The COD was affiliated to his Heart I think..abruptly, it just stopped beating.

Pls if u still have the link to the site..kindly mention me.
Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by toyoC1(f): 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
lepasharon:

Tramadol is an opiod. That is a fact what is opinion about that?! She corrected you and said she was a doctor so you could know she knows what she's talking about..jhezee

My G*d ! What warranted ?
Did you read her response ?
I mean I wouldn't tolerate that response, either.
And what did she correct ?
He never said it wasn't an opiod, she wanted to dismiss a fellow doctor on use of terms while ignoring a clinical truth untreated malaria causes seizure

What is she feeling like ?
I can equally say she is not in the medical line because she don't agree with me. Is that really OK ?
Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by Joygalore(f): 4:19pm On Mar 17, 2016
I can see you are a pained fool.
Learn to accept corrections and not get angry unnecessarily.I am not the cause of your poverty.
Grow up childish idiot
stevecantrell:

3 Likes

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by grinface98(m): 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2016
rickyalphonsus:

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by Joygalore(f): 4:22pm On Mar 17, 2016
You know nothing and will never know.Stop misleading people by telling them what is not.You are just fake,mehn
stevecantrell:

3 Likes

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by Joygalore(f): 4:25pm On Mar 17, 2016
Thanks for this.
lepasharon:

Tramadol is an OPIOD. Are you implying because tramadol is not a steroid, It belongs to NSAID? NSAID are a class of painkillers on their own

2 Likes

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by Joygalore(f): 4:27pm On Mar 17, 2016
The more reason they have fake practitioners in that country called Nigeria
lepasharon:

Tramadol is an opiod. That is a fact what is opinion about that?! She corrected you and said she was a doctor so you could know she knows what she's talking about..jhezee

3 Likes

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by DavidRossi: 4:34pm On Mar 17, 2016
Joygalore:
You know nothing and will never know.Stop misleading people by telling them what is not.You are just fake,mehn

Listen to what the guy told you, he didn't mislead me or anyone else...your ego is burned..doesn't justify calling them names.
Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by lepasharon(f): 4:38pm On Mar 17, 2016
Joygalore:
The more reason they have fake practitioners in that country called Nigeria

Quacks everywhere undecided.... what a country. No wonder ppl die anyhow in that place...jhezzz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by lepasharon(f): 4:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
toyoC1:

My G*d ! What warranted ?
Did you read her response ?
I mean I wouldn't tolerate that response, either.
And what did she correct ?
He never said it wasn't an opiod, she wanted to dismiss a fellow doctor on use of terms while ignoring a clinical truth untreated malaria causes seizure

What is she feeling like ?
I can equally say she is not in the medical line because she don't agree with me. Is that really OK ?

By him saying tramadol is NSAID, that implies it is not an opiod which is false.

1 Like

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by lepasharon(f): 4:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
DavidRossi:

I think We all know. Medical an non-medical folks alike.

Everyone should know that and I didn't think he was trying to say otherwise. An OPIATE isn't a steroid that's all I can gather from that. He never said it wasn't. He did not disagree with her that opiate isn't a steroid, did he ?

Did you even agree that malaria can cause seizures or you just want to shine too ?

I've been following this guys posts and the medical advice he gives is just great, easy to understand and follow. Both my parents are doctors. I know he mentioned he's a doctor many times on this forum so your friend was simply being childish and rude.

Why are people unecessarily argumentative ?

By him saying tramadol is a NSAID. That means he is saying it isn't an opiod. NSAID are a class of painkillers on their own

1 Like

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by Jazmiynne: 5:05pm On Mar 17, 2016
AGgal:
This tramadol thing is real, lol.
So many cases of tramadol abuse presenting in the hospital where I work these days.

I almost fell a victim myself. I fell ill once and it was prescribed for me cos I don't take NSAIDs(i suffer from peptic ulcer).

After completing the prescribed dosage, I loved the feeling, I had to step up my game, I upgraded to 100mg. That day we had an emergency that needed surgical intervention.

I was standing and dosing in the theatre, I don't have a head for alcohol naturally, so I felt the same way I use to feel when I take alcohol. I opened my eyes and saw my colleague laughing, she offered me a chair, that was when I knew I was in trouble.

Since then, I respected tramadol.

Do you still 'suffer' from Peptic Ulcer Disease? It's not supposed to be a chronic illness na... A 7 day treatment with an effective triple therapy regimen would end PUD without a relapse (I'm guessing u'd understand what a triple therapy regimen is considering that u said u work in a hospital)
Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by stevecantrell: 5:39pm On Mar 17, 2016
lepasharon:

Tramadol is not NSAID. That is a fact what is opinion about that?! She corrected you and said she was a doctor so you could know she knows what she's talking about..jhezee

Lepasharon

Please read carefully thru the exchanges we had.
I never disagreed that "Opiod can Never be steroid" we established that fact.

What I disgareed with was Tram caused seizure in someone with untreated malaria. Now I don't know if that upset your friend but she went ahead to insult me. Silly me I should have just ignored but I responded...bringing myself to her level.

I can tell you so many things about her from the way she throws insults on NL even though I've not met her...

If I said anything like Tramadol an, OPiod, would be antipyretic anywhere, please strike it out. I can't debate on that opiate is pure analgesic. But I didn't hear anything like "agreed malaria is more likely to cause a seizure than tram." from your friend except insults.

Its sad that doctors whould exchange insult on a forum like this...or you think she was showing girl power or what ? Its shameful, so many things to be done helping people and we are exchanging insults.

I apologise to you and NL, for engaging in that on the health section. We should have more dignity than that...on the health section at least.

No matter, what you think of Nigeria and health in Nigeria yes you're right ! Drs can do more but the govt health sector is in decay and capitalism is problem in the private sector.

We can do so much to help poeple online but we are
Trading insults, isn't that a tragedy ??
Why should you or I or. Anybody be measuring clits and dicks when you can open a thread to help people. I can't do it because I come here to kill time, nothing else

I won't respond to your friend because others have already done that. And I can't live and die on NL I have other things to do and people to meet..offline in the real world.
And its still a beautiful world.

Its a shame we can't all be friends on a faceless forum, anyway I don't think I'd want to be with everyone here, so no issues with that.

Ok then.

3 Likes

Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by AGgal(f): 5:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
Jazmiynne:

Do you still 'suffer' from Peptic Ulcer Disease? It's not supposed to be a chronic illness na... A 7 day treatment with an effective triple therapy regimen would end PUD without a relapse (I'm guessing u'd understand what a triple therapy regimen is considering that u said u work in a hospital)

My dear, I hate drugs with a passion. I couldn't complete the treatment regimen. Immediately I feel relief, I stop the therapy, that's my challenge.
Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by stevecantrell: 6:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
lepasharon:

Absolutely not !
Please go thru my reply above.
We both agree OPIATE can never be steroid. Although it is Non steroid its not an NSAID. Semantics misunderstood.
I think I might have said something else, which was opoid is anti ferbrile and that's it. The insults are really unwarranted.
Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by ifeomaekol(f): 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
Nawa for tramadol ooooo---inspiring story for those ready to stp.
Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 17, 2016
Alright. Hw has been ur day?
manitobor:

Hehehe, love you too sweetie.
Re: How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same by Haryohdeji(m): 8:34pm On Mar 17, 2016
rickyalphonsus:

LOL.. I used it daily because I was not using it for sex, but rather to sleep fine. My sleep no come dey sweet if I no sleep with tram.

On d other note...

Your on ur own

Aids is real.

That's d only thing u will get for free

Not my prayer for u o... But go check HIV stats in Nigeria.
AIDS for where.... When Durex neva dey scares like petrol...infact d only things that always in ma wallet is durex

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How 6 Ekiti Doctors Died, Survivor Recounts - Vanguard / Female UNILAG Student Slumps & Dies After Clubbing With A Man / How To Grow A Big Chest Without Using Gym Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.