Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:51 AM

DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA (73156 Views)

Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. / Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 4:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hello Nairalanders,

As you may be aware, I made a post sometimes last month; stating that my client has a little problem. He bought 21m by 19m dimension of land from one of these estate developers here in Abuja on which he is expected to build a three bedroom bungalow as specified by the developer. I believe we are all familiar with their clause of having to build in accordance with specified prototype mandated by the developer. My client is a single young man and he feels a 3bedroom apartment is just too much for him for now. We consulted the developer and they relaxed the clause just a bit: we are allowed to alter the interior parts of the proposed plan but shouldn’t shift a block of the exterior (window/door positions MUST remain the same).

NOW.

At AJIBSHELTER, we converted the old design into a functional Two bedroom apartment with sitting room, guest toilet, Kitchen with a store, dining and both rooms ensuite with toilets, and another One bedroom apartment with sitting room, guest toilet, kitchen and the room ensuite with toilet under the same roof.

The implication is that the client can recover his cost of Construction within 6 years by staying in the 1 bedroom apartment and renting out the 2 bedroom.

It is high time we stopped developer and some professionals alike from reaping us of our hard earned income. This project is to be used as a case study on how to provide professionally delivered affordable housing to Individuals in good time without any compromise with quality and standards.

Consequently, AJIB SHELTER Team is to supervise the construction and delivery of the project within the scheduled time. Subsequently, I’ll post pictures/expenses and detailed information on the project at each stages via this thread: Kindly follow Olabamijie ; feel free to ask questions and make concise comments and recommendations.

I therefore present to you the project in full;

Project Brief: To alter the Interior features of a proposed 3 Bedroom Flat to accommodate a Two Bedroom apartment and a One bedroom apartment without altering all Exterior Features, and subsequently Construct and deliver the project at an affordable price.

Client: A Nairalander

Contractor: AJIB SHELTER CONSTRUCTIONs, Abuja.

Project Location: Ludge, Abuja.

Architectural Design/ 3D; AJIBSHELTER Team and @Olabamijie

Duration: Architectural Design; 1 Week
Construction: 6 weeks.

Architectural Features:
2 Bedroom

Master bedroom-13ft x 12ft
Madam bedroom-12ft x 12ft
Livingroom-19.5ft x 18ft
2 insuit toilets ( 7ft x 5 ft), 1 visitors toilet (4.5ft x 4.5 ft)
Kitchen with one store (13ft x 8.5ft)

1 Bedroom

Master bedroom-17ft x 12.25ft
Livingroom-14.3ft x 11ft
1 insuit toilets ( 7ft x 5 ft)
Kitchen (7.2ft x 5ft)

[b]APROXIMATE COST. 5-6 million naira
[/b]

Find attached:
i. Initial proposed plan
ii. Final Plan
iii. 3D illustrations of the proposed project.

For more Information, contact our Team through; ajibshelter@gmail.com or 08078222578
Thanks.

Cc

Hajji M.
lalasticlala

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by B3sty(m): 5:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
This is cool... Following!

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 6:28pm On Mar 14, 2016
MORE 3D IMAGES

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by mufutau55(m): 2:46am On Mar 15, 2016
Very nice... we are surely following... I like the design. Thanks.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by olumide4christ: 3:04am On Mar 15, 2016
Nice one, bros. I have a personal project in the same area, behind Trademoore Estate and with the same situation of being mandated by the estate developer to build a 3-bedroom bungalow. We converted ours to two (2) semi-detached 2-bedroom flats internally with each having its own entrance.

It was a very tight and difficult job indeed for my architect to carry out, considering the fact that we had to stick to the external dimensions of the building and maintain to a large extent, the external elevations of the building.

Wishing you the good success in your project. By the way, what area of Lugbe is this project/ what's the name of the estate?
Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 7:56am On Mar 15, 2016
Thank you sir, I'll keep you posted.

B3sty:
This is cool...
Following!
Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 8:24am On Mar 15, 2016
Thanks. You really understood the whole situation; anyway, the project is in CRD layout, behind FHA; Peace Court Estate.

olumide4christ:
Nice one, bros. I have a personal project in the same area, behind Trademoore Estate and with the same situation of being mandated by the estate developer to build a 3-bedroom bungalow. We converted ours to two (2) semi-detached 2-bedroom flats internally with each having its own entrance.

It was a very tight and difficult job indeed for my architect to carry out, considering the fact that we had to stick to the external dimensions of the building and maintain to a large extent, the external elevations of the building.

Wishing you the good success in your project. By the way, what area of Lugbe is this project/ what's the name of the estate?
Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by 4nobody4every1: 9:20am On Mar 15, 2016
Brilliant idea, following cool

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by michtob(m): 10:36am On Mar 15, 2016
lovely design. following

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by lastpage: 12:57am On Mar 18, 2016
Olabamijie:
Hello Nairalanders,

I therefore present to you the project in full;

Project Brief: To alter the Interior features of a proposed 3 Bedroom Flat to accommodate a Two Bedroom apartment and a One bedroom apartment without altering all Exterior Features, and subsequently Construct and deliver the project at an affordable price.

Client: A Nairalander

Contractor: AJIB SHELTER CONSTRUCTIONs, Abuja.

Project Location: Ludge, Abuja.

Architectural Design/ 3D; AJIBSHELTER Team and @Olabamijie

Duration: Architectural Design; 1 Week
Construction: 6 weeks.

Architectural Features:
2 Bedroom

Master bedroom-13ft x 12ft
Madam bedroom-12ft x 12ft
Livingroom-19.5ft x 18ft
2 insuit toilets ( 7ft x 5 ft), 1 visitors toilet (4.5ft x 4.5 ft)
Kitchen with one store (13ft x 8.5ft)

1 Bedroom

Master bedroom-17ft x 12.25ft
Livingroom-14.3ft x 11ft
1 insuit toilets ( 7ft x 5 ft)
Kitchen (7.2ft x 5ft)

[b]APROXIMATE COST. 5-6 million naira
[/b]

Find attached:
i. Initial proposed plan
ii. Final Plan
iii. 3D illustrations of the proposed project.

For more Information, contact our Team through; ajibshelter@gmail.com or 08078222578
Thanks.

Cc

Hajji M.
lalasticlala

I cant see the KITCHEN for the "single room and Parlour", abi dem no go chop? grin grin

...if its going to be like rented out or for a different couple?

or is it my eyes that are getting old?

please help! shocked shocked

Lastpage!

BTW: that "section" 3D does not look like a true reflection of the 2D-floor plan.
I have seen walls appear in one and not in the other or at different place. WHY?
Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 9:47am On Mar 18, 2016
Lol grin
Thanks for the Observation Sir.
However, it seems you did not read the introduction at all.

Kindly peruse the Introductory note.

Regards.

Hajji M

lastpage:

I cant see the KITCHEN for the "single room and Parlour", abi dem no go chop? grin grin

...if its going to be like rented out or for a different couple?

or is it my eyes that are getting old?

please help! shocked shocked

Lastpage!

BTW: that "section" 3D does not look like a true reflection of the 2D-floor plan.
I have seen walls appear in one and not in the other or at different place. WHY?

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 3:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hello Nairalanders:

Sequels to my earlier post, the project has commenced as expected.

Stage 1. Site Clearance/Setting out/excavation.

Procedure

The production of an accurately detailed plan is usually the first step in the planning and design of a construction project. Thereafter the project, as represented on the plan, must be set out on the ground accurately relative to dimensions. Setting out of building involves the transfer of measurements on plan onto the ground during the preliminary stages of construction. In doing this, the following procedures were used;

• We established the center line or construction line of the building. This was done by aligning the front of the proposed building to adjacent existing buildings which is at 20Ft (6m) distance from the fence parallel to the access road in adherence to Federal Capital Development’s specification.

• From this base line, other four edges of the building were then set out using plastic meter rule for measurement, and builder’s square to make sure the angle between two lines are truly perpendicular.

• These points were offset backwards by 1m. These offset was to ensure availability of adequate working space for the building during excavation/carting away.

• Nails were place on top of these offset pegs and builder line was used to connect these pegs round the proposed building area.

• At interval of 2.0m, pegs were placed in between two adjacent edges.

• Profile board of soft wood was used to connect the pegs round the proposed building area.

• The measurements on the structural layout of the foundation plan with respect to corresponding grid were then transferred to the profile board. The information includes the center line, width of the block wall and width of the foundation.

Finally, the setting out was checked and necessary correction were made prior to commencement of the foundation excavation work.

NOTE. Depth of excavation: 600mm
Width of excavation: 675mm

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by iambrafia231: 4:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
Olabamijie
What is the total space in feet the building itself is taking. Will there be parking space in the compound given how small the plot of land is?

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
Total Land Area: 4216ft2

Area covered by the Main Building: 1500ft2

Area covered by the Gate House: 150ft2

Yes, there's enough space for cars to park. At least 6 cars will park conveniently.

@iambrafia231

iambrafia231:
Olabamijie
What is the total space in feet the building itself is taking. Will there be parking space in the compound given how small the plot of land is?
Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
Stage 2. CASTING OF FOUNDATION (Blinding).

Foundation; an important part of a building component, play a key role in ensuring the functional operation of a building structure by transferring building loads or weight of individual columns to the earth.   

Type of Foundation:  Considering that the Soil bearing capacity (bearing pressure that can be imposed without causing excessive settlement) of the site and its relative environ is above 150KN/M2, a Strip type of foundation is appropriate.

Depth of cast: 4” (100mm)

Width of cast:  675mm

Materials/Expenditures

Cement: 22 Bags,

Sharp Sand: about 5 tonnes,

Granite: about 10 tonnes

Water: 2,000Ltrs,

Labour for Casting: ₦25,000

Mix ratio: 1:3:6

Steel bars for column reinforcement (starter bars): Y12mm, 6 lengths

Stage 3. Block work for sub-structure.  

Type of Block: Machine moulded sancrete blocks.

Size of Block: 450 x 225 x 225mm (9”)

Number of blocks: 1,000

Cement: 27 Bags

Sharp sand: 10 tonnes

Water: 3,000ltrs

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
MORE IMAGES

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 12:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
Stage 4. Filling and Compaction.

Soil compaction is a vital part of the construction process. It is used for support of structural entities such as building foundations, roadways, walkways, and earth retaining structures to name a few. In general, the pre selected soil should have adequate strength, be relatively in-compressible so that future settlement is not significant, be stable against volume change as water content or other factors vary, be durable and safe against deterioration.

Materials/Expenditures

Laterite 12 Tyres : 4 loads.

cc lawyer

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2016
More images

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 11:50am On Apr 06, 2016
Stage 5. Waste pipe plumbing work / steel reinforcement works for dpc/ formwork for dpc.

Plumbing

4” over length pipe:
2” over length pipe:
4” original bend:
2” original bend:
2” tee:
Tin of gum

Steel reinforcement

120 Y8mm
Binding wire

Formwork for dpc

1 by 12” plank:
2 by 2”:

cc Hajji M

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by igbi: 12:12pm On Apr 06, 2016
how much is a plot of land in this estate please.

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by MANGAM(m): 12:25pm On Apr 06, 2016
cheesy.

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 1:43pm On Apr 06, 2016
igbi:
how much is a plot of land in this estate please.

I really cant say if there's any free plot within the estate. If you are really interested, I can inquire for you.
Kindly drop a contact through which I could give you the feedback.
Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2016
Stage 6. Casting of the dpc.

Specifications

Mix Ratio: 1:3:6

Depth: 5”

Materials:

Cement: 70 Bags

Sharp Sand: 20 tons

Granite: 30 tons

Mixer

Water:

Labour for Casting

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
More Images

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by rulesman: 6:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
need your details i like wat i c
Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by abdulwastecx(m): 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
Keep it up my guy

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 11:43pm On Apr 10, 2016
rulesman:
need your details i like wat i c

Thank you Sir,

We are AJIBSHELTER CONSTRUCTIONs, you can reach us through;

Tel: 08078222578
Email: ajibshelter@gmail.com
Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 12:28am On Apr 11, 2016
abdulwastecx:
Keep it up my guy

Thanks Boss.
Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 12:53pm On Apr 12, 2016
Stage 7. Block forming for the Superstructure.

6" Blocks for Interior.
9" Blocks for Exterior.

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 5:33pm On Apr 12, 2016
More Images

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 8:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
MI

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 1:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
More Block work.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Journey To Building My Two Bedroom Apartment / Lady Poses In Her Flooded Home In Yaba / How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.