Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA (73384 Views)

Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. / Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by mufutau55(m): 3:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
I am surely following... good work.

Hajji M.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2016
More block works pictures.

Thanks for following this thread; more so, stay tuned.

1 Share

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 6:39pm On Apr 20, 2016
Stage 8: Casting of the connecting lintel and columns: Excavation for perimeter fence, and soak away (Completion)

Details

Beam

Depth of lintel beam: 225mm
Width of lintel beam: 225mm

Columns

225mm x 225mm

Materials:

Cement: 25 bags
Sharp sand: 10 tonns
Granite: 10 tons
1 x 12" 60 length
2" Concrete nail
Workmanship for Carpenter; N25,000
Casting: N50,000
Y12 iron bars: 20 lenghts.
Y10 iron bars: 8 lenghts.

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 9:27pm On Apr 20, 2016
More pictures

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 10:43am On Apr 27, 2016
Images of: More Block work on the Main Building
Block work for the Soakaway
PreCast column finishes[b][/b]

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 10:45am On Apr 28, 2016
More pictures.

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 10:29am On May 04, 2016
More block work images/ form work for Gate house Dpc

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by NaijaFutbol: 2:07pm On May 18, 2016
Awesome work on the redesign! wink

Some questions though:
1. why the rods on the floor DPC for a bungalow.
2. I can see you will use precast parapet roofing. Shouldn't you have had rod pillars at all corners and at some spacing say every 4 meters.

Let me call on some other experts. I need to learn.

CC: spyder880, abdulwastecx

NF

2 Likes

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by abdulwastecx(m): 3:26pm On May 18, 2016
NaijaFutbol:

Some questions though:
2. I can see you will use precast parapet roofing. Shouldn't you have had rod pillars at all corners and at some spacing say every 4 meters.

NF

This a wonderful project by my very good friend olabamijie... another wonderful product of fut Minna.
Coming to your question, the rod for the dpc is to to make the building better, this reduce any possibility of settlement of the dpc.

The building look solid enough with those corner pillars and it will be able to carry the precast provided their a well reinforced head beam... .

2 Likes

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 11:20am On May 21, 2016
NaijaFutbol:

Some questions though:

NF

Thanks

1. If you look at the layout, you'll notice we implemented the interior changes after the dpc not at the initial digging/excavation stage; the reinforcement was to provide necessary and required support for the the internal walls so as to further prevent any case of settlement.
Note: we ensured it is economical by using Y8 iron bars.

2. We plan to do Insitu cast for the Concrete facial though but to further answer your question, the four edge columns are functional; we'll adequately reinforce our head beam bearing in mind that the relative weight of our roof will be resting on those four ends, we ensured our lintel beam runs through the whole building thus linking the components (Beam/columns/foundation) adequately as you can see in the pictures. That's considerably efficient and cheaper compared to having columns at every here and there as you must have been used too.

Once again, thanks for following and most importantly, your input.

Regards
Olabamijie

2 Likes

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 12:57pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hello everyone, sorry there had been no update on this particular project for a while now, that’s due to paucity in cash flow and colliding engagements. Henceforth, I will bring you up to date on how far we’ve gone and subsequently keep up with timely updates.

Regards,
Olabamijie.
Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 1:15pm On Aug 16, 2016
Stage 9. Construction of form work for the Concrete fascia (Carpentry works, Reinforcement works).

CONCRETE FASCIA:
Type: in-situ cast

Materials:

Wood:
Ply wood 15
1 x 12” 95 lenghts
2 x 3” 90 lenghts
3” nails
2” nails
1.5”nails
Machine works.

Reinforcement.
Y12 Iron rods: 33 lenghts
Y10 Iron rods: 30 lenghts
Y8 Iron rods: 22 lenghts
Binding wire: I roll

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 7:14pm On Aug 16, 2016
More images

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
Stage 10. Casting of the Concrete Fascia.

Materials:

Cement: 35 Bags

Sharp Sand: 20 tons

Granite 1/2": 20 tons

Water:

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
More images

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
Casting of the Soakaway slab / Perimeter fencing

2 Likes

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 11:44am On Aug 22, 2016
Stage 11. CONSTRUCTION OF ROOF CARCASS.

Expected roof height: 3.90m

Day 1: Purchase and supply of timber for roof carcass.

Materials;
2 x 6” Akputu wood 190 lenghts
2 x 4” Akputu wood 200 lenghts
2 x 3” Ebuni wood 290 lenghts
2 x 2” Ebuni wood 160 lenghts
4” nail 2cartons
3” nail 1carton

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 11:32am On Aug 24, 2016
Day 3

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 9:21am On Aug 25, 2016
More images

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 4:26pm On Aug 25, 2016
Updates on the Perimeter fencing...

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2016
Stage 12. FIXING OF LONG SPAN ALUMINIUM.

Total Area: 340m2
Type of sheet: 0.55 foreign sheet.

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
Photo Speaks: Update on roof works.

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2016
Stage 13. ELECTRICAL PIPING AND PLUMBING WORKS.

At the moment, we are working on both plumbing and electrical piping of the main building, perimeter fence and the gate house.

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by ricki: 4:09pm On Aug 30, 2016
I have to admit......

Just enjoying looking at this thread.....GOOD work guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 10:18am On Sep 01, 2016
Stage 13. PLASTERING.

Day 1: Concrete fascia.

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
Picture update on the plastering works so far.

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 11:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
More photo update

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by OpaqueGroup: 6:00am On Sep 10, 2016
Cheap and spacious self contain apartment located in the heart of maitama. Client will have to renovate the apartment to personal taste, no brokers fee, no addition charges. 1 bedroom 1 toilet 1 kitchen parking lot security provided water provided 24/7

General Features
Borehole
Electric Fencing
Flatlets
Pets Allowed
Satelite
External Features
Access Gate
Garden
Price N400,000
Maitama Abuja
contact +2348174751876
Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
Placement and casting of base support for the Water tank stand.

1 Like

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello everyone following this thread, thanks for your time and input. There is a little twist to this project: my client has been evicted by his landlord and he had vowed not to further pay rent or homage to any other landlord but rather he wants to start living the “lord” life as soon as possible despite the fact that he is technically broke at the moment. He consulted us at AJIB SHELTER for professional advice and we offered him the following which he gladly accepted. As we all may recall, that he is to reside in the One bedroom apartment (refer back to the Intro), while he let out the Two Bedroom section. As such,
We resolved to:
1. Focus works henceforth on the one bedroom section to make it relatively conducive for him to pack in.
2. Use relatively cheap and durable materials for some of the building components while placing then on a short term use of about 3-4months in particular, the Ceiling. We’ll use the PVC material for the main time. We’ll revert back to POP when he must have saved enough to install that for the whole building.
3. Provide/Introduce Burglary at both entrances to cater for self-protection pending the time we’ll construct the Frontal perimeter fence and gate (Bearing in mind that this is also dependent on the bore hole drilling process and time)
4. Provide adequate electrical fittings
5. Place the screeding/ painting process as part of the long term as this will be done at once for the whole building once his cash flow is buoyant enough.

I’ll post pictures as this unfolds. Stay tuned.

Warm regards,
Olabamijie

cc. Hajji M
cc. Lawyer

2 Likes

Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 8:24am On Sep 18, 2016
ricki:
I have to admit......

Just enjoying looking at this thread.....GOOD work guys
b

Yes boss, thank you sir.

Olabamijie
Re: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA by Olabamijie(m): 11:43am On Sep 22, 2016
Sequel to my last post, the following activities are going on at the moment on the project:

i. Installation of Ceiling PVC.
ii. Tilling works.
iii. Electrical fittings.
iv. Plumbing (water and waste system) fittings.

More relative picture updates coming up soon.

Regards,
Olabamijie

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Poses In Her Flooded Home In Yaba / 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds / Journey To Building My Two Bedroom Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.