Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror (12561 Views)

Adeshina Akinpelu Escapes Assassination In Ibadan, Gani Adams Accused (Photos) / Yinka Odumakin, Gani Adams Are Fraudsters, Thugs - Governor Akeredolu / Yorubas Now Want Oduduwa, And Not Nigeria- Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by HungerBAD: 5:26am On Mar 15, 2016
Members of the Oodua People’s Congress, OPC, have dragged the national coordinator of the group, Otunba Gani Adams, before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, over what they described as financial malpractices.

National Mirror learnt that the three-page petition signed by 26 members of the national coordinating council, NCC, of the group, was received at the Lagos office of the commission last Friday.

The signatories to the petition include Rasak Arogundade, Monsuru Akande, Adesina Akinpelu, Kehinde Ogunyale, Adeola Adeagbo, Ranti Akande, Gbenga Egunlusi, Lateef Oshodi, ‘Layiwola Ogunsolu, Olusoji Folorunso, Sunday Bankole, ‘Segun Olusanya and Sunday Adebayo.

Others are Idowu Akintunde, Oyename Adebayo, Lateef Kaka, Oladipupu Musa, Musiliu Amusa, Lateef Ogungbayi, Morufu Salami, Rotimi Akinsowon, Taofik Hameed, Dauda Oyelowo, Yinka Olowoporoku, Adio Odewole and Alexander Adesina.

In the petition dated March 4, 2016, titled, ‘Please help retrieve our money from Gani Adams,’ and addressed to the chairman of the anti-graft agency, the NCC members accused Adams of using his position to amass questionable wealth at the expense of members of the group.

According to them, the OPC leader has turned the group into a private property such that he is the sole signatory to all accounts of the group.

Adams was also accused, among others, of diverting $22 million, which he received on behalf of the group from the late Libyan leader, Moammar Ghadaffi.

The petition reads in part: “Besides funds stolen or misappropriated by Adams, there is also the case of about six million members (using Adams estimate of OPC membership strength during his pro-Jonathan campaigns) who are obligated to obtain the group’s identification cards at N2,500 each. From identity cards alone, Gani Adams pocketed about N15b every year.

“Adams equally diverted N150m specially set aside by the NCC and meant for building a hotel for the OPC in each South West state capital.

"This is besides the N100m or more, also made by encouraging unwary members to buy shares in the hotel project. The hotel scheme was conceived in 2007 but has yet failed to see the light of the day.”

The OPC members, while insisting that – Adams with his activities has destroyed the image of the group within and outside the country – the time has come for the anti-graft agency to help put him where he rightly belongs. “This situation is no longer acceptable to us and the generality of the OPC cadre who have been at the receiving end of Adams misdemeanour.

"Ours has been for too long, like the proverbial masquerade that farted, it can only bear the nauseating stink until it is dissipated with time,” they stated.

But, while reacting to the petition, Adams said the petitioners are not saying new things, stating that they have been talking about the same issues in the petition for a long time without achieving any result.

The OPC leader who spoke through his personal assistant, Prince Olalekan Segun Akanni, declared that if the petitioners have their facts, they would meet at the EFCC.

He said: “Those behind the petition are expelled members of the group who are seeking relevance by saying the same things for a long time without anything to show for it.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/gani-adams-dragged-before-efcc-over-financial-malpractice/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by Mrfahaz(m): 5:32am On Mar 15, 2016
m coming
Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by madridguy(m): 5:41am On Mar 15, 2016
Gani Adams, the maradona of OPC. I think GEJ should personally sue Adams for defrauding him during the last election under the pretense of giving him South West vote. GEJ, biggest Maga/Mungun of our time. " The working men in thy building should forgive me for using their terms. Baba God, send down to me my GEJ that will help my ministry. Morning pals

Quote me anyhow and receive hot slap from Otuoke Maami water.

43 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by tyson99(m): 6:16am On Mar 15, 2016
This nonsense and rubbish man,he's not worth to be from the yoruba race omo ale jatijati

17 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by TheNonce: 6:37am On Mar 15, 2016
undecided

Wetin concern us? This seems like "yoruba peoples stress"!!!

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by oluwafemi113(m): 6:47am On Mar 15, 2016
I dislike that Man

Don't just no why

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by Progressive01(m): 6:50am On Mar 15, 2016
Looking for an ugly Nigerian, look for this man. Nigger sure gives a new meaning to that word- ugly both in appearance and character.

An opportunistic demagog that rode roughshod on Nigeria under the regime of the Ineffectual Drunkard, a criminal per excellence.

Tufia.

I wonder where Asari and his loud mouthed wife are. Why the sudden silence from them?? I guess with Tompolo driven into a hole they get the message the government wouldn't tolerate his kind.

Thank God for Buhari.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by PRYCE(m): 6:50am On Mar 15, 2016
That na OPC wahala... And as a Northerner, I don't give a beatle's balls
Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by Fadekebisola(f): 7:14am On Mar 15, 2016
OPC is just made up of hungry id..iots

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by mccoy47(m): 7:15am On Mar 15, 2016
All dis Judas dem self
Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by AntiWailer: 7:16am On Mar 15, 2016
That is the difference when compared with my other brothers.

South westerners will never defend a thief and a rogue.

Cos corruption is not tribal.

He should be investigated.

I can predict his excuse line.

"Buhari wanted him to support him and because he said no they are witch hunting him" grin grin

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by 5starmilitant: 7:17am On Mar 15, 2016
S
Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by kennyman2000(m): 7:17am On Mar 15, 2016
Hmmmmmm... Imagine, Gani adams, a head of nothing but a mere association which impact hasnt been felt in the country for a seconds having billions of naira. If not for corruption. I wonder who him wan be.

Before u attack me, am a yoruba and am entitled to my opinion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by Kayendy(m): 7:18am On Mar 15, 2016
Dis shouldn't make. Front page... anyways, d case won't go far.. d money has gone

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by slap1(m): 7:19am On Mar 15, 2016
So una too like money

Gani Adams, Nnamdi Kanu wannabe undecided

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by spartoo: 7:19am On Mar 15, 2016
The kind english wey our media dey use tire person.
Gani Adams 'DRAGGED'... na wah oo..

Anyway, see as th man face dey comot oyel. u go chop ur money still chop other people own join. see him mouth like tilapia.

it's none of my business tho this one is....
nsogbu ndi ofe mmanu

3 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by eleko1: 7:20am On Mar 15, 2016
sad what about the pipeline contract money the Otuoke man gave him undecided? He surely collected Dasuki Money too. EFCC can't handle dis ragtag militant Siaman,abeg take his case b4 DSS,dey'll do the needful.They shud drag him out/expel him.

3 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by Toosure70: 7:21am On Mar 15, 2016
Money from Libya? To OPClize Nigeria?
Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by slap1(m): 7:21am On Mar 15, 2016
spartoo:
he

He did what? Space bookergrin
Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by Innodon(m): 7:23am On Mar 15, 2016
Is alright
Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by Critiqual(m): 7:24am On Mar 15, 2016
How much is fuel now?
Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by chernest2002: 7:24am On Mar 15, 2016
So efcc is now a court House,

3 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by dedons: 7:26am On Mar 15, 2016
I think it's high time we took over the entire yorrober land.

Proudly an AREWA youth.
Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by ngmgeek(m): 7:27am On Mar 15, 2016
Gani
Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by spartoo: 7:27am On Mar 15, 2016
slap1:

He did what? Space bookergrin
u kno as e dey go na grin
Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by dedons: 7:28am On Mar 15, 2016
Why are the yorobbers always seeking attention

They are the cowards of NAIJA.
Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by jay2pee(m): 7:28am On Mar 15, 2016
Make Dem carry am good court abeg
Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by Ephemmm: 7:30am On Mar 15, 2016
slap1:
So una too like money

Gani Adams, Nnamdi Kanu wannabe undecided

The Great Ineffectual Buffon really spoilt those boys...

3 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by ednut1(m): 7:32am On Mar 15, 2016
He ate Dasuki yams alone
Re: Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 15, 2016
AntiWailer:
That is the difference when compared with my other brothers.

South westerners will never defend a thief and a rogue.

Cos corruption is not tribal.

He should be investigated.

I can predict his excuse line.

"Buhari wanted him to support him and because he said no they are witch hunting him" grin grin
I can attest to the emboldened. My respect for the yorubas is unquantifiable. More like the best humans have ever seen.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / Oyegun Meets Saraki & Other APC Senate Caucus (Photos) / PDP Governors Did Not Work Against Jonathan, Jonah Jang Counters Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.