Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,806 members, 7,798,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster (40383 Views)

Ambode Presents Flags To APC Candidates For LG Elections / President Buhari's Picture With Archbishop Of Canterbury: Nigerians React / Who Amongst These APC Candidates Should Replace Audu In The Dec 5 Supp Polls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by ambrosini593(m): 8:35am On Mar 15, 2016
Abuja Inquirer - Ahead of the March 19 area council poll in the Federal Capital Territory, candidates of the All Progressives Congress, APC, have removed the picture of President Muhammadu Buhari from their campaign posters.

Prior to now, most of the candidates featured the picture of the president as a means to boost their electoral fortunes.

However, our correspondent observed that in AMAC, Gwagwalada, Kuje and Bwari, the posters bearing the pictures of the president have all being replaced by fresh ones without him featuring.

Efforts to speak to party officials of the APC in the FCT was met with a brick wall as none of them was prepared to offer any explanation for the sudden change.

Some residents argued that the dire situation of things could be reason why the APC candidates decided to take the ‘safer route’ of not featuring the president as it could serve as reminder of failed promises.

Speaking on the issue Ismaila Bala, a businessman and resident of Gwagwa, said; “which politician will want to associate with somebody you want to vote for and you are crying about his style of governance? Voting is done mostly at the grassroots and that is where this economic hardship is biting more.

“A mudu of rice that was sold for N250 is now N450, and that is how it is with other commodities almost 100 percent increase, meanwhile there is no money in circulation to buy the items. So I think they are being wise to have removed his picture from their posters, because people are hungry.”

Reacting to the allegation, the Candido Campaign Organization spokesperson, Mr. Dayo Lawal, said there are many posters with some having Buhari's picture. President Buhari is our leader, we are proud to identify with him.”

But he could not show any of the posters with the president’s picture.

http://www.newspunch.org/2016/03/apc-candidates-in-abuja-remove-buharis_14.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by tsephanyah(f): 8:37am On Mar 15, 2016
the beginning, I can predict that next year by this time nobody, yep nobody will support this gridy old man. in saint society why will people vote this guy after knowing his history of tyranny, leaving me always puzzling why God will punish Nigeria again with buhari. and Nigerians are the most religious society, the way Christian and Muslims worship God in nigeria, saudis and Jerusalem are like amateurs.

119 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by drss(m): 8:46am On Mar 15, 2016
Hahahahahahhahahaha who wan associate himself with fake promise master general grin nobody wan to be seen as a potential liar.
as it is happening in abuja, so will it be in 2019. cheesy

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by walemoney007(m): 8:47am On Mar 15, 2016
I swear,Nigeria situation they make me vex,rice wey I they buy for 200naira before,is now 400

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by drss(m): 8:49am On Mar 15, 2016
tsephanyah:
the beginning, I can predict that next year by this time nobody, yep nobody will support this gridy old man. in saint society why will people vote this guy after knowing his history of tyranny, leaving me always puzzling why God will punish Nigeria again with buhari. and Nigerians are the most religious society, the way Christian and Muslims worship God in nigeria, saudis and Jerusalem are like amateurs.
next year too far sef. by november dis year, hardcore zombies will kneel down n ask GEJ for forgiveness. grin

152 Likes 9 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by eyeview: 8:56am On Mar 15, 2016
Already? This early morning?
By 2019,the fastest way to lose election will be to state that you know Buhari

142 Likes 12 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by bjdon: 8:58am On Mar 15, 2016
Who do we blame today?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by ajebuter(f): 9:01am On Mar 15, 2016
Well, I say 'good morning' to them

For just waking up from deep slumber

grin grin grin grin

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by tsephanyah(f): 9:02am On Mar 15, 2016
drss:
next year too far sef. by november dis year, hardcore zombies will kneel down n ask GEJ for forgiveness. grin
lol, I hope jonathan will accept

35 Likes

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by amtaken(f): 9:15am On Mar 15, 2016
Kikikikikikikikikiki as e dey hot!

Buhari is not an example of a good leader.

We understand.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by isbish(m): 9:15am On Mar 15, 2016
The simple reason why PMB's picture is removed from the candidates posters is beyond the haters comprehension. You guys because of hatred and vile on the President have lost all your sane sense of reasoning. His images on the posters are removed because even bad candidates use the Presidents good aura, personality and popularity to get votes. Buhari is a gem and larger percentage of good Nigerians know that, hence, the reason why bad politicians use his image to sale themselves.

Haven't any of you seen other parties using Buhari's image to even get votes. I have seen in my Village a Labour party Chairmanship aspirant use Buhari's pics in his Poster. What has Buhari got to do with Labour party? I guess sensible people will now see the reason better. They aren't removing PMB's pics because he is unpopular as you guys want to portray it. His pics are removed for the above stated reason.

23 Likes

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by bonechamberlain(m): 9:17am On Mar 15, 2016
even his party men don't want to be associated with the illiterate any more. nonsense.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by Tunami(m): 9:19am On Mar 15, 2016
they dont want the electorate to see them as unserious politicians.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by junketer(m): 9:23am On Mar 15, 2016
They say,,,, show me ur friends and i will know who u are. Nobody wants to associate himself liars.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by ndcide(m): 9:29am On Mar 15, 2016
Wise decision. Maybe before it would have been okay,.
If he doesn't want to fail in the election as Being in APC now in enough disadvantage for him.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by junketer(m): 9:30am On Mar 15, 2016
isbish:
The simple reason why PMB's picture is removed from the candidates posters is beyond the haters comprehension. You guys because of hatred and vile on the President have lost all your sane sense of reasoning. His images on the posters are removed because even bad candidates use the Presidents good aura, personality and popularity to get votes. Buhari is a gem and larger percentage of good Nigerians know that, hence, the reason why bad politicians use his image to sale themselves.

Haven't any of you seen other parties using Buhari's image to even get votes. I have seen in my Village a Labour party Chairmanship aspirant use Buhari's pics in his Poster. What has Buhari got to do with Labour party? I guess sensible people will now see the reason better. They aren't removing PMB's pics because he is unpopular as you guys want to portray it. His pics are removed for the above stated reason.
guy abeg na sermon u dey tell us for this early momo. There are possibly 2 reasons why bubu's picture was removed. Number one is bcus those people chose to remove it bcus bubu don cast. Number 2 would b the reason u mentioned above. Guess what, we choose to go with number 1. Nobody wants to associate with bubu, the man na casting.

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by ndcide(m): 9:32am On Mar 15, 2016
isbish:

You really still think things are still the way it was before the general elections? Na wah.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by sandraokosun: 9:45am On Mar 15, 2016
tsephanyah:
ja
Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by Monimatic(m): 10:30am On Mar 15, 2016
isbish:

Another Frustrated zombie grin grin grin grin
Have u eaten today?

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by danmasani101: 10:40am On Mar 15, 2016
isbish:

Zombie

Wasn't d reason giving in the news, read again.....

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by winniz: 10:52am On Mar 15, 2016
Even Buhari's Party Members don't wanna associate with him anymore cos they know he's a huge failure and associating with him will cost them the election cheesy

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by DauraDullard0(m): 11:08am On Mar 15, 2016
isbish:

You're not making any sense. You actually ended up saying nothing. Your thought process is disjointed and incoherent just like Buhari's government.

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by BushidoBlue(m): 11:25am On Mar 15, 2016
isbish:

Zombies Always Have A Reason

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by SamjohnnyB(m): 11:26am On Mar 15, 2016
OK.
Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by bjdon: 11:30am On Mar 15, 2016
isbish:

Chi, Buhari will shit in this one's mouth and he'll call it bush meat! Zombie O Zombie!!

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by richidinho(m): 11:31am On Mar 15, 2016
nice idea, otherwise he will lost grin

i saw one funny headline on the newspaper, "FCT NATIVE: OUR CONDITIONS FOR CONTINUED PEACE"

LWKMD.... are they also millitants?
Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by kennyman2000(m): 11:31am On Mar 15, 2016
speechless
Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 15, 2016
Area Council Elections.

I saw one APC Candidate that included "Positive" to his own "Change".

Smart move.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:32am On Mar 15, 2016
A FAILED PRESIDENT LEADING THIS COUNTRY TO BECOMING A FAILED STATE undecided

11 Likes

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by LMAyedun(m): 11:32am On Mar 15, 2016
Buhari is just Over-rated
He has absolutely nothing to offer...
You see people like Obasanjo, Atiku & Tinubu has suddenly gone cool & silent, Buhari is messing things up.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster by qualityovenbake(m): 11:32am On Mar 15, 2016
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Residents Stranded As Bus Drivers Protest ‘extortions’ By MC Oluomo Team / Ndigbo Forum Lists Demands For Buhari / Buhari: Kano Crowd Not Reflection Of 2019 — PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.